Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,435 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 223,061
Pageviews Today: 366,841Threads Today: 117Posts Today: 2,127
05:23 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

I'm an Atheist. Why should I believe in a god? Which god? and why?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18746766
Ireland
01/29/2013 06:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: I'm an Atheist. Why should I believe in a god? Which god? and why?
Be an individual - you don't need a god, its just a sign of weakness
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 32076855
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 06:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
To clear things up. I'm an atheist, not agnostic. I say I'm considering but not in the sense that I actually believe there is one. I'm 99.9999% certain that there is no god.
What I'm considering is belief systems and why they believe what they do. Where is the evidence of such things.
I'm sorry I didn't respond to a lot of messages, but they were either without scientific evidence or they were issues I've resolved. I have read them all and nothing there could covince me.

I did find what I thought to be a gem though, which is pantheistic atheism. But then I started hearing about vibrations and I thought the gem was more like plastic.
Where does this vibrations stuff come from? How can it be proven. However, I know you can take and leave want you want anyway, which is good.
Anyway, I like the ideals of pantheism which are actually pretty much atheistic. So, this I am considering.
Can anyone tell me more?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32076855

So basically you're too passive to go out and read? Come on! There's so much out there. Read some Spinoza if you're interested in pantheism. Sheesh, you're kinda intellectually lazy for an atheist.

While he makes the claim that Spinoza is not a patheist in the truest sense (God by definition is supernatural, yet for Spinoza God is natural and Nature) most philosophy departments at any university would label Spinoza one of the pantheists.
[link to plato.stanford.edu]
"Arguments of this general type may also proceed from starting points more philosophical than theological. For example, Spinoza, the most famous of all modern pantheists starts from the necessary existence of something he calls ‘substance.’ By this he means that which exists wholly in its own right, that whose existence does not depend upon anything else. The notion of ‘the Absolute’, or wholly unconditioned reality, as it figures in the philosophies of Schelling, Hegel, and the British Idealists may be considered a related development of the same philosophical starting point. In both cases the reasoning runs that this necessary being must be all-inclusive and, hence, divine."
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

Thank you, I'll watch with great interest.
I've just started looking into it recently and have done all the research I've had time for. But I wanted to know from others experiences rather than just statments and public talks. Anyway, I'm open minded if I can see the benefits and don't have to lose grip on reality in the sense that I know it.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 07:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Be an individual - you don't need a god, its just a sign of weakness
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18746766

I don't want a god, ha ha.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33258547
Croatia
01/29/2013 07:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
and the simplest way, just pray
"God if you are real, show me. Talk to me. Fill me with your spirit. If you are real I want to know you" etc

Act like "God" is standing in your room with you, converse with Him. If you dont get any breakthroughs then make your own decision. If you truly knock on the door with an open heart, you will get the answers you are looking for
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14549475

This.
MHz

User ID: 32332417
Canada
01/29/2013 07:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Read the book, if that doesn't do the trick wait for proof like the rest. There is no punishment coming from God for being a critical thinker, there is for believing lies you should have been able to spot though.
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/29/2013 07:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
sura 4:171
O FOLLOWERS of the Gospel! Do not overstep the bounds [of truth] in your religious beliefs, [180] and do not say of God anything but the truth. The Christ Jesus, son of Mary, was but God's Apostle - [the fulfilment of] His promise which He had conveyed unto Mary - and a soul created by Him. [181] Believe, then, in God and His apostles, and do not say, "[God is] a trinity". Desist [from this assertion] for your own good. God is but One God; utterly remote is He, in His glory, from having a son: unto Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth; and none is as worthy of trust as God.

4:172
Never did the Christ feel too proud to be God's servant, nor do the angels who are near unto Him. And those who feel too proud to serve Him and glory in their arrogance [should know that on Judgment Day] He will gather them all unto Himself:
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33245798

You're quoting from Surat An-Nisa (The Women) from the Quran from Islam. I doubt you can persuade the OP as he's looking for a logical argument (he claims) of God. The OP is an atheist but sounds like an agnostic and appears to be unschooled in sprituality and philosophy and unwilling to look at spiritual texts as the basis of a logical argument.

You're have better luck with some Islamic logic scholar like Avicenna or Al-Kindi or Fakhr al-Din al-Razi. The latter has some very interesting ideas on multiple realities, things not proposed until the 20th Century. He lived in 1149-1209 AD (don't know the muslim calendar). He was a genius if there ever was one.

[link to www.thefreelibrary.com]
"Fakhr al-Din al-Razi on physics and the nature of the physical world: a preliminary survey.

Fakhr al-Din al-Razi's conception of physics and of the nature of the physical world is explored here through a preliminary survey of a number of his early and late works. Al-Razi defines the three grades of meanings of the term "nature". His definition is similar to the general consensus in Ash arite kalam which rejects the Avicennan notion of tabi ah as an effective causal principle inherent in natural phenomenal processes. He also explores the notion of the existence of a multiverse in the context of his commentary on the Qur'anic verse, All praise belongs to God, Lord of the Worlds. He raises the interesting question of whether the term "worlds" in this verse refers to multiple worlds within this single universe or cosmos, or to many other universes or a multiverse beyond this known universe. Based on primary classical Islamic source texts, this survey provides an insight into the classical Islamic view of nature as expressed by one of its most important representatives."

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/29/2013 07:23 AM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/29/2013 07:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've just started looking into it recently and have done all the research I've had time for. But I wanted to know from others experiences rather than just statments and public talks. Anyway, I'm open minded if I can see the benefits and don't have to lose grip on reality in the sense that I know it.

You're welcome, and I don't mean to be that harsh, but to CHALLENGE you to break out from your preconceived ideas. Science is an inquiry based discipline. So is philosophy. So is spirituality. Don't be passive. This road to God is far more difficult, and in the end Reason alone is not very comforting or satisfying.

Why? It's the wrong body part! You must find God using your Soul, the totality of your being. You intuit God by sensing God, seeing God in Creation, and then you have a mystical experience, an Epiphany in which all makes sense in a transitory moment.

Then having that, reading spiritual texts and using Reason you can immerse yourself in it. You must first decide to want God in your life. Otherwise you will never find God. Many people search for God and don't find God. It's because you don't have the right intention.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/29/2013 07:18 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27410676
United States
01/29/2013 07:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'll just answer the "why" part and let you figure out the rest. Because you'll rot in hell, and I'm being very serious!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 07:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Read the book, if that doesn't do the trick wait for proof like the rest. There is no punishment coming from God for being a critical thinker, there is for believing lies you should have been able to spot though.
 Quoting: MHz

I've read 70% of the book, along side looking at the context and background. What should I be able to spot?
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/29/2013 07:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'll just answer the "why" part and let you figure out the rest. Because you'll rot in hell, and I'm being very serious!
 Quoting: WatchmenOnTheWall

Fear is a terrible way to witness and makes you a poor ambassador for Christ. Seldom will you convince anyone save the worst sinners who need to grasp for Hope. Then those tend to backslide, and nothing has been gained.

Since one aspect of God is Love, the perfect kind, then that's a far better means of witnessing to an unbeliever.

Nature is a good way to witness to young people in particular, for to see Creation we cannot help but be overwhelmed with admiration. That works for academics too, for some Prime Mover (see Aristotle) must have initiated Creaion.

Quoting Scripture seldom will influence those unless they love Literature and Poetry.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/29/2013 07:55 AM
User ID: 25262486
Sweden
01/29/2013 07:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
God, wrote in your dna everything your body knows it needs to brethe from the moment you are born. So is it so impossible that he wrote his existence in your dna to? and you could just by feeling know who he is and what to belive so stop asking forums and ask yourself...
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/29/2013 07:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

I've read 70% of the book, along side looking at the context and background. What should I be able to spot?

If you want to give the Bible a fair shake, then read James. It's impossible to read that book and not be moved. It's so practical and considerate and compassionate. You should also read the Gospel of John. It is pure poetry and mystical. Read them both with a commentary and looking at the language and see the layers and layers of it.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/29/2013 07:36 AM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/29/2013 07:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
God, wrote in your dna everything your body knows it needs to brethe from the moment you are born. So is it so impossible that he wrote his existence in your dna to? and you could just by feeling know who he is and what to belive so stop asking forums and ask yourself...
 Quoting: ... 25262486

^That is a very very wise thing to say.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1018225
United States
01/29/2013 07:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
You should believe in God because God believes in you.
The God you should believe in is me.
The reason is if you ask any other God and me to do something I am more likely to actually do it.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/29/2013 07:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
The reason is if you ask any other God and me to do something I am more likely to actually do it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1018225

I should add I only help those who help themselves.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/29/2013 07:48 AM
Report Abusive Post

I should add I only help those who help themselves.

I should also add that I do not accept bribes or bargains and I do only ask you to avoid violence and conflict.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27410676
United States
01/29/2013 07:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

Fear is a terrible way to witness and makes you a poor ambassador for Christ. Seldom will you convince anyone save the worst sinners who need to grasp for Hope. Then those tend to backslide, and nothing has been gained.

Since one aspect of God is Love, the perfect kind, then that's a far better means of witnessing to an unbeliever.

Nature is a good way to witness to young people in paticular, for to see Creation we cannot help but be overwhelmed with admiration. That works for academics too, for some Prime Mover (see Aristotle) must have initiated Creaion.

Quoting Scripture seldom will influence those unless they love Literature and Poetry.

OK, perhaps this is better, even though most people don't get it!

MHz

Canada
01/29/2013 07:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

Inconsistencies in what the book actually says and what people promote the book as saying. If I promote a certain verse you should read the passage to make sure I am in context. For myself I seem to divide every thing from Ge:4 to Re:19 as being applicable to one or the other bruise in Ge:3:15.

There are various doctrines that need to be verified and that means jumping around the book to get all the relevant passages into one place. Meshing the iron/clay from Daniel to Revelation can be done and it doesn't match what is promoted in most circles as the 70 weeks are a past event and that puts Rome as being in the brass which really goes against the normal preaching yet the prophecies fit together much better, (from De:4 to Re:22) If something doesn't seem to fit it is most likely because a relative verse is missing. That would be adding the verse below as an aid in identifying who the rider in the 1st seal is.

Isa:49:2:
And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword;
in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me,
and made me a polished shaft;
in his quiver hath he hid me;

You probably have some examples that would be more relevant to you. I take 400BC as the exit from the garden and then add one zero for each creation day and I end up at 4B years ago as being the end of day 1 when earth experienced it's first day/night cycle, that also makes each later 'day' as being 10x shorter in duration which would be the start of the conversation rather than the closing summation.

Some base things like the slaughter of the innocents and Jer:31 establish that the 'land of the enemy' is death rather than any Gentile Nation. Gentiles are the 'little ones' in Zec:13 and that id determined by the Apostles running away when Jesus was arrested in the garden.

All the references to 'day of the lord' before Daniel and all the prophecies after Daniel all refer to the day the 7th trump sounds. Lots of reading but that gives you the most detailed and accurate picture of what the bruise to the serpents head is about and how it unfolds, as in just a few hours.

If something doesn't seem to make sense read a different book or chapter, the NT gives you the best timeline for the sequence of events and the OT prophecies give you the best detail so it is a blend of the two.

Last Edited by MHz on 01/29/2013 07:58 AM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/29/2013 07:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

Nature is a good way to witness to young people in paticular, for to see Creation we cannot help but be overwhelmed with admiration. That works for academics too, for some Prime Mover (see Aristotle) must have initiated Creaion.

OK, perhaps this is better, even though most people don't get it!

Way better! Gave you karma. He mispronounces the stellar names like Rigel, but still it's impressive.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 07:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

You're welcome, and I don't mean to be that harsh, but to CHALLENGE you to break out from your preconceived ideas. Science is an inquiry based discipline. So is philosophy. So is spirituality. Don't be passive. This road to God is far more difficult, and in the end Reason alone is not very comforting or satisfying.

Why? It's the wrong body part! You must find God using your Soul, the totality of your being. You intuit God by sensing God, seeing God in Creation, and then you have a mystical experience, an Epiphany in which all makes sense in a transitory moment.

Then having that, reading spiritual texts and using Reason you can immerse yourself in it. You must first decide to want God in your life. Otherwise you will never find God. Many people search for God and don't find God. It's because you don't have the right intention.

Thank you yet again, I'm half way through the videos.
We all have preconceived ideas to an extent, but mine are fair on this I think. I've actually been a christian that believed in the bible with lots of faith. I have experienced the epiphany, and even now I can say that it was a great experience and life changing. I've had other experiences too that I deemed spiritual and from god.
The problem came when I looked deeper into to the bible, and then science and the bible. I used to believe people like Kent Hovind briefly and Answers From Genesis. But when I noticed that they keep using arguments that have been answered but talking like they haven't, I found them to be biased and dishonest. In fact, any evidence they gave seemed to get discredited. So I turned away from Creationism but still believed.
My great disbelief came from actually reading the old testament, I just couldn't believe it. Even though I tried my best to find culture and context. Then to find the gospels were from believers other than the disiples, it just lost all credibility with me.
But I know what it is like to be immersed. That's why I guess, I consider the Atheistic Pantheism. To have the community sense along with a positive "I want to make the world a better place" attitude.
MHz

Canada
01/29/2013 08:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
.... and Poetry.

It isn't poetry, the short sentences are because God is speaking to little children with small attention spans. If anything most verses are a list so the Bible is like our rough draft but perfect where we never get a perfect document no matter how many drafts we produce.
MHz

Canada
01/29/2013 08:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
The problem came when I looked deeper into to the bible, and then science and the bible.

Got an example?
dzijane

User ID: 33259898
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 08:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

I'm considering god, but need a rational reason to actually believe. I would never take blind faith, as you could end up in any religion just dependant on the influence around you.

Anyway, I'm searching, but need a rational way to decide.
 Quoting: Please be serious 32076855

Blind faith is whats required to believe in any god, no evidence available, look around, don't be blind, look at all the death disaster and destruction and nastiness in the world. If there really was a god would he let that happen, please don't say free will. Do the kids in Palestine have the free will to get bombed to bug,.ry and back every five minutes. Freewill is just an excuse as is blind faith. Religion is control nothing more or less. Where faith is failing we have the tv to control the masses, lots of sex and drugs and parties everyone having fun buying cars, X Factor cr.p. Rationality will cause you to realise that god is an illusion
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/29/2013 08:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you yet again, I'm half way through the videos.
We all have preconceived ideas to an extent, but mine are fair on this I think. I've actually been a christian that believed in the bible with lots of faith. I have experienced the epiphany, and even now I can say that it was a great experience and life changing. I've had other experiences too that I deemed spiritual and from god.
The problem came when I looked deeper into to the bible, and then science and the bible. I used to believe people like Kent Hovind briefly and Answers From Genesis. But when I noticed that they keep using arguments that have been answered but talking like they haven't, I found them to be biased and dishonest. In fact, any evidence they gave seemed to get discredited. So I turned away from Creationism but still believed.
My great disbelief came from actually reading the old testament, I just couldn't believe it. Even though I tried my best to find culture and context. Then to find the gospels were from believers other than the disiples, it just lost all credibility with me.
But I know what it is like to be immersed. That's why I guess, I consider the Atheistic Pantheism. To have the community sense along with a positive "I want to make the world a better place" attitude.

Most creationism is extremely intellectually dishonest. It's pretty simple, we don't know how the Earth was made from the Biblical account except in broad strokes. It's not a massive scientific journal, nor should it be. I prefer to say, look we've got some scientific knowledge that seems very well thought out and continues to amass, so who cares how the Earth got made? Don't try to come up with some ridiculous 6,000 year old Earth and convince an academic. That's just hogwash.

No wonder you stopped believing. I think of all those kids in my church being taught Creationism, and it's only until they get into college that they'll believe, because the first couple of science courses and they'll throw out the baby with the bathwater because Creationism is garbage.

I don't believe in evolution either. Scientists have glimmers of ideas, and a thousand years from now, they'll have a better theory, just like they used to believe in the four humours.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/29/2013 09:39 AM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/29/2013 08:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
.... and Poetry.

It isn't poetry, the short sentences are because God is speaking to little children with small attention spans. If anything most verses are a list so the Bible is like our rough draft but perfect where we never get a perfect document no matter how many drafts we produce.

Nonsense. The Bible is full of poetry. You're talking to a poet. It is remarkably lovely in places.

Some of the images like God hammering out the firmament in the Hebrew is totally lost in the translation to English.
[link to www.informationdojo.com]
Here's an example from Job
Hast thou with [God] spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass? (Job 37:18)

"The phrase “spread out” there is the Hebrew raqa, which means to beat or hammer out. The word “strong” is the Hebrew chazaq, which can mean strong, but can also mean firm or hard. The “molten looking glass” is a reference to a brass mirror. Job is a very old book, and at that time mirrors were not made from glass but from metal that was poured out, then beaten flat and polished. The Holman Christian Standard Bible® renders this verse, “Can you help God spread out the skies as hard as a cast metal mirror?” The New American Standard Bible® has it, “Can you, with Him, spread out the skies, strong as a molten mirror?”

That is poetic and is incredibly crafted. No one could say that was written for children.

This is why only a very deep study of the Bible makes any sense. Only with about five books minimum can you really get into it and let the language and idioms and history and ideas all flow through your Soul. Otherwise most people just don't get it.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/29/2013 08:35 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25612238
Canada
01/29/2013 08:40 AM
Report Abusive Post

I'm considering god, but need a rational reason to actually believe. I would never take blind faith, as you could end up in any religion just dependant on the influence around you.

WHo cares?

That'S up to you, good luck on anything but blind faith to guide you!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33263447
South Africa
01/29/2013 08:48 AM
Report Abusive Post

Start studying bible prophecy with the intent of disproving it.

You'll end up becoming a believer.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32979804

The exact opposite happened to me...
I was a believer and got into bible prophecy quite heavily.
Made me GTFO!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24591249
United States
01/29/2013 08:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here's a good thread, that contain several accounts, of people, encountering and seeing Jesus, when fully awake.

These are not near death experiences, or OBEs. So these aren't merely products of the person's beliefs and expectations.

Also, many of these people, were non-Christians, such as atheists, hindus, Muslims, etc, prior to the encounter. This gives even greater weight, that these experiences aren't based on the person's beliefs and expectations.

After these encounters with Jesus, if they were non-Christains, they converted to Christianity.

Thread: Jesus appears in room of a former Hindu

In addition, there's been some encounters with Jesus, that caused the people to miraculously physically heal, if they were suffering from an illness. This gives weight, that this was genuine encounter, and not a mere hallucination.

So, where's all the real and current encounters, with other prophets, from other religions? How come this is only happening with Jesus?

Also, I had mentioned the veridical NDEs. This was important since it rules out, if the NDE was based on the person's current beliefs, expectations, and knowledge. Now there's 4 current NDEs / OBEs, that contain veridical info, about the deceased. Giving evidence, that the experiences was not a hallucination. In all 4 cases, they all encountered not Muhammad, Buddha, Krishna, Ra, etc. But all four encountered Jesus. In addition, 2 saw, the 4 living creatures, around God's throne as described in no other book, except the Bible.

Again, one may not state, this was part of their beliefs and expectations. This is impossible, since they discovered veridical info about the deceased, information that wasn't previously known during their heaven visit, but which was later researched and verified to be actually true.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24591249

I want to point this thread is significant:
Thread: Jesus appears in room of a former Hindu

Why?

If there was rape incident, and let's say, there was only one witness who saw this. You would state, their testimony is questionable.

But,

Why if there were 50 witnesses, and they all witnessed the raped, it now becomes harder to easily dismiss their testimonies.

Now, these witnesses, not only witness the rape, but they describe a highly specific detail of the rapist, which is he wore a yellow baseball cap.

This makes it even more difficult, to merely dismiss, and say they were lying.

Now going back to the thread, there's multiple people who not only saw Jesus, during NDEs, but also when they were fully awake.

Now one must ask, where's all the testimonies, of people seeing other prophets, such as Muhammad, Buddha, Krishna, Ra, etc, when they were fully awake?

Also, like the witnesses, who all described a very specific detail, the yellow baseball cap, there's a highly specific detail of Jesus that they saw. In many paintings and depictions, you'll see Jesus with brown eyes. But, in nearly all cases where people saw Jesus, they stated he had blue eyes.

Also if one researches, the very best veridical heaven cases, this again, is crucial since it rules out the subconscious and imagination. Two separate individuals, stated, of all the countless paintings, and depictions, only one actually looks like him. Both stated, the exact same painting, which was done by a little girl, who states, she has visions of heaven and Jesus. And both of these people, also state, Jesus's eyes are blue.

Yes, you will have frauds like Marjo, but they don't reflect the whole.

You also have some horrible atheists, but these atheists, likewise, don't represent all atheists.

If you're a true seeker, be willing to not only seek evidence to prove, but importantly seek evidence to disprove.

Would a judge, state, all these 50 witnesses, who saw the rapist, with yellow baseball cap, are automatic liars, because they don't support my views?

Here's a tip, if you're a true seeker. Nearly all people, will either completely dismiss, or reject information without sufficient evidence. If there's not sufficient evidence to reject or accept, be willing to admit you currently don't know.

Most people, due to their egos, don't like to say, they don't know. When you're humble and willing to admit you don't know, this now allows you to seek more evidence, to support or disprove claims. Which allows you to truly learn even more.

On the other extreme, if you reject or accept info, without evidence, your search can literally last a few seconds. You can state, out of all these theories, I reject nearly all of them, on no basis whatsoever, simply because they don't fit with any of my current views. If one does this, I must also question, the motive of someone who states, they're a true seeker, and if they're only trying secretly persuade others to their own views.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13250526
Australia
01/29/2013 09:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Dont believe in God/s....its so 2000 years ago.
Watch this instead
to confirm your atheism;

MHz

Canada
01/29/2013 09:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Nonsense. The Bible is full of poetry. You're talking to a poet. It is remarkably lovely in places.

I don't dispute that, I was thinking more of verses like this.

De:4:26:
I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day,
that ye shall soon utterly perish from off the land whereunto ye go over Jordan to possess it;
ye shall not prolong your days upon it,
but shall utterly be destroyed.
De:4:27:
And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations,
and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen,
whither the LORD shall lead you.
De:4:28:
And there ye shall serve gods,
the work of men's hands,
wood and stone,
which neither see,
nor hear,
nor eat,
nor smell.
De:4:29:
But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God,
thou shalt find him,
if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
De:4:30:
When thou art in tribulation,
and all these things are come upon thee,
even in the latter days,
if thou turn to the LORD thy God,
and shalt be obedient unto his voice;
De:4:31:
(For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;)
he will not forsake thee,
neither destroy thee,
nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverb:8:32:
Now therefore hearken unto me,
O ye children:
for blessed are they that keep my ways.
Proverb:8:33:
Hear instruction,
and be wise,
and refuse it not.
Proverb:8:34:
Blessed is the man that heareth me,
watching daily at my gates,
waiting at the posts of my doors.