Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 922 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 130,004
Pageviews Today: 220,252Threads Today: 99Posts Today: 1,881
04:08 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

I'm an Atheist. Why should I believe in a god? Which god? and why?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26868696
United States
01/25/2013 10:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: I'm an Atheist. Why should I believe in a god? Which god? and why?
you wouldnt being trying to find wrongs if you where right. im just giving you koans btw
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26868696
United States
01/25/2013 10:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
within finite with infinity
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32923844
United States
01/25/2013 10:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Veridical info in NDE / OBE to me are crucial since it completely rules out, that the person is hallucinating, or merely constructed the experience from his subconscious.

This is a very good case, that illustrates this
[link to www.youtube.com]
[link to www.youtube.com]
Notice too a comment, about the vid:
I know for a fact that this is a true story. Maurissa was my older sister and died when I was 12. Kat was a stranger to us before and there was no way she could have known what she did.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32923844

There are scattered reports of life after death expressing itself as reincarnation.

Obviously there's something to the phenomena. It isn't an aspect of Christian monotheism, and so I don't know what it is.

There's a myth in Jewish thought called the Guf.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]
In it, the idea is that all souls exist before birth in a place called the Guf. Then when we are conceived, the soul inhabits the body. Then after life ends, the soul leaves for some other place.

Who can know? It's an interesting idea.

All I know is that consciousness(soul) does exist.

As James got older, he lost the impressions he had of a previous life. That's just as intriguing as anything else.

As Christian, I don't know to make of it. Was James aware using some sense or perception because he was young? Was James reborn? Was it just an interesting series of circumstances which was accelerated by interested parents? Who knows. It is fascinating though.

For me, God is more fascinating as is Jesus.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

Here's 2 views:

1) If you research Howard Pittman, he had an NDE. He was shown the demonic realm, in depth. He states, he believes the reincarnation memories, are there due to demons deceiving the person.

2) This isn't in the Bible, however, there's a couple of Christians, who believe that there's rare cases, if the person has an important destiny that wasn't fulfilled, that they may return, to another body, after death, in order to fulfill their important destiny.

Regarding view one, a GLP member stated, they too would have these past life dreams, many times. During a past life dream, the person realized, demons were influencing and deceiving him to believe this. During this realization, the dream changed, and he saw a demon. After this experience, he stated, the past life dreams ended.
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/26/2013 12:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here's 2 views:

1) If you research Howard Pittman, he had an NDE. He was shown the demonic realm, in depth. He states, he believes the reincarnation memories, are there due to demons deceiving the person.

2) This isn't in the Bible, however, there's a couple of Christians, who believe that there's rare cases, if the person has an important destiny that wasn't fulfilled, that they may return, to another body, after death, in order to fulfill their important destiny.

Regarding view one, a GLP member stated, they too would have these past life dreams, many times. During a past life dream, the person realized, demons were influencing and deceiving him to believe this. During this realization, the dream changed, and he saw a demon. After this experience, he stated, the past life dreams ended.

It's entirely possible and plausible interpretation, and I agree, but that's a complex topic that I'm discussing here:
Thread: SIRIUS - Full Trailer out! Looks like its gonna be rather astonishing! for those whom aren't prepared! (Page 2)
That's a discussion in which I pose the interdimensional hypothosis by Jacques Vallee, a French Scientist and intellectual, who proposes that cognizant beings may exist in some form on the Earth along side of humanity and even has labeled them "Messengers of Deception".

He's the French scientist depicted in Close Encounters of the Third Kind. He's not sure they're benevolent.

Likewise, reincarnation may be a deception. Who can know?

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/26/2013 12:07 AM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/26/2013 03:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
By the way, I made the claim that Amit Goswami PhD is a pantheist, but probably many of you didn't actually research that. Here's proof, discussing the spiritual text of Hindus versus pantheism.
[link to www.enlightennext.org]
"AG: It's the difference between the perennial philosophy that we are talking about, monistic idealism, and what is called a kind of pantheism. That is, these views—which I call "ecological worldviews" and which Ken Wilber calls the same thing—are actually denigrating God by seeing God as limited to the immanent reality. On the face of it, this sounds good because everything becomes divine—the rocks, the trees, all the way to human beings. They are all equal and they are all divinity. It sounds fine, but it certainly does not adhere to what the spiritual teachers knew. In the Bhagavad Gita, Krishna says to Arjuna, "All these things are in me, but I am not in them." What does he mean by that? What he means is that "I am not exclusively in them.

Now, pantheism sounds very good, but it's only part of the story. It's a good way to worship; it's a good way to bring spirituality into your daily life because it is good to acknowledge that there is spirit in everything. But if we just see the diversity, if we just see the God in everything, but don't see the God which is beyond every particular thing, then we are not realizing our potential. We are not realizing our Self. And so, truly, Self- realization involves seeing this pantheistic aspect of reality, but also seeing the transcendent aspect of reality."

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/26/2013 03:07 AM
ninnie
User ID: 33051281
South Africa
01/26/2013 08:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
We are all born through the tree of knowledge of good and evil, that is the fruit born from a woman's womb, we are the fruit of our mother's womb, we come into this world as natural liars and thieves in our own conceitedness, we are serpents, psychology being the devil's chief whip used to fight off evil of our own understanding as brainwashed by the BEAST as it mingled God's laws with its own laws, which is "Caesar's laws", The Great Purple Curtain, she is the Mother Harlot of Rome sitting in the holy place as if God, Jezebel, the false vine of Christianity deceiving the whole world so all can bow down to Baal, subtly hidden in the doctrine of democracy a disguised dictatorship in God's Face defying him with no faith and no belief, thus walking straight into hell willingly and blindly as the BEAST takes them depraved of their senses, it is that spirit which crucified Christ the first time and the second time.

We are all called to be reborn by the Tree Of Life Who Is Christ and bear His fruits which are: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, kindness, faith, meekness and temperance, the material used to build Christ's Church, The New Jerusalem, and she will materialise when Jesus comes back with His saints, the evidence proving Jesus' innocence and His saints saved by His Blood, the Blood of the Lamb, God's only begotten Son given to save the world. They survived by drinking from the Living Waters to pass from death to Life.

Beastliness kicks God in His Face when they rape the fruits of His Spirit displayed in others, as the Spirit is uncomfortable in its correctness as it naturally exposes the works of the false vine of Christianity without saying anything. The false vine cannot stand it as they are caught, turning them into rabid dogs, reacting outwardly or inwardly both resulting in outward trouble for human blood satisfaction, they drink off human blood by controlling the fruits of the Spirit in order to survive, using the blessed fruits given from Above freely to their own advantage to keep and maintain its ungodly establishment sacrificing others for their physical and/or spiritual slaves, and this will never be accepted by God Almighty, thus losing their soul.

Relying on the BEAST for support will develop into many ungodly things so the blood can be on your hands and not on the BEAST's hands, keeping the BEAST immovable on the seat of power, its mind is a compressed demon, Satan incarnate.

Everybody must fall in line with the BEAST's expectations so it can control the mind, body, soul and spirit and free speech is prohibited to give it open doors to rule with with its legions of demons, the BEAST is allowed to commit any crime it wants but no one else may commit crimes it deems to be a crime. Sane people do not bow down to this Baal and are 'executed'.

Paranoia, as you no longer rely fully on The Holy Spirit and try to control the Holy Spirit for allaying feelings of insecurities, this is the beginning of losing your mind.

Regular human 'killings', to ensure your paranoia has not deepened keeping your fantasy in tact, the lie which is not your truth but made to be the truth. Rage and laughter the two extremes find grounds for this fungus to grow killing the beauty of the fruits of the Spirit.

Spying to preserve your truthful lie bluffing yourself you are innocent, this is the same as incest of the mind, body, soul and spirit and suffer no guilt for such a heinous rape passing a red line that will take you to hell to be burnt with Satan.

Twisting all incidents to blacken the victim building a case framing the victim to be delivered as a sacrifice thus saving yourself and your establishment from losing power, the lie and slavery.

If the framed victim is not removed a physical human crime scene can be expected with the loss of life or God undertakes where perpetrators will learn a lesson from God and repent, if no repentance, God deals with it according to His will resulting in a perfect judgement which ever way it turns. The BEAST cannot override the works of God if the victim is His lost child.

The works of the BEAST is that of a rapist and a murderer and can do it with out spilling physical blood which is the same as spilling their blood as the victim is sacrificed wrecking that person's life the BEAST framed a case to make the lie look like the truth.

This is what happens when you replace God's laws for your own laws or mix your own laws with God's laws, The Destroyer of LIFE.

It is cursed and will be cast into a lake of fire!

It is Satan arm wrestling against the power of God as it cannot function freely in the presence of God, it is in chains.

One is taken by Divine Love and goes to heaven while the other is taken by deceit and goes to hell.

The one taken by deceit was impatient to know and understand the value of the fruits of Christ's Spirit and took the power of brute force into their own hands, acting "in place of God", leading them into the path of destruction and forcing everyone with them by making it difficult for them to have a life as they are not allowed to use the BEAST's facilities unless they become the BEAST's slaves you are forced or thrown out to rot in the streets as a vagabond, even if you succumb to being forced it will still destroy you in the end when it has finished using you as it knows its fate is death and will do anything below the belt. This is the same heartless spirit as Cain who killed his brother. Sane Godly people will never concede in playing dirty games with this BEAST but will call on the help of their Father in heaven when all things have been done to the best of their ability and nothing more can be done, and God intercedes for them to open a way to free them, God's judgement is perfect, sometimes things are left for the BEAST to kill the children as Hitler did the Jews, as the Jews said "let Christ's Blood be upon our children", they spoke damnation unto themselves and it came to pass during Christ's second return to the earth, the human race, the Gentiles time, did the same, they said it is "a pie in the sky" same thing, they spoke damnation unto themselves and God's judgments will then speak for itself. Many Christians who strayed and came back have some horrific stories to tell and God still saved them in their stupidity resulting in never to stray again. The world as we know it is Satan's kingdom, it ends. The fruits of the Spirit displayed as a show is obviously noted as false, their true colours show up. All sins are forgivable only the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not which God takes care of Himself, so strictly speaking there should be no court houses and prisons on earth as God' prophets have a handle on the society, the laws we have are the BEAST's laws. Everyone has gone mad in comparison to the sanity that is supposed to be. A wipe-out is therefore expected like it was in Noah's day, this time by fire. The BEAST does not like its authority to be questioned and demands sole power for "peace". God's prophets through history are normally killed by the BEAST when it is exposed keeping the masses in bondage.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 32076855
United Kingdom
01/26/2013 09:11 AM
Report Abusive Post

I'm considering god, but need a rational reason to actually believe. I would never take blind faith, as you could end up in any religion just dependant on the influence around you.

Anyway, I'm searching, but need a rational way to decide.
 Quoting: Please be serious 32076855

Well right there you muffed it. Serving God and being called to him is not rationally decided. It is a saving work of the Holy Spirit. God doesn't need you. Faith comes when you, the creation, realize you NEED your Creator.

Done.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26420358

If it's not rational, it's fantasy. Why believe otherwise?
I do actually understand what it's like to believe because i've been there. I really recommend that people actually try and look for evidence for their belief. Then you should look up counter claims against to see if your previous evidence stands. Then look for a counter-counter claim if there is one, then weigh it up. Basically, search for truth in honesty. God will not be displeased with you looking for truth, so your conscience doesn't need to be harmed.
If you find real evidence that you have scrutinized then you have a powerful tool for saving.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32923844
United States
01/26/2013 09:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here's 2 views:

It's entirely possible and plausible interpretation, and I agree, but that's a complex topic that I'm discussing here:
Thread: SIRIUS - Full Trailer out! Looks like its gonna be rather astonishing! for those whom aren't prepared! (Page 2)
That's a discussion in which I pose the interdimensional hypothosis by Jacques Vallee, a French Scientist and intellectual, who proposes that cognizant beings may exist in some form on the Earth along side of humanity and even has labeled them "Messengers of Deception".

He's the French scientist depicted in Close Encounters of the Third Kind. He's not sure they're benevolent.

Likewise, reincarnation may be a deception. Who can know?

You made an important comment, and I noticed this, in your previous comment.

You stated:

Who can know

and

I don't know to make of it.

This mentality, will allow you to learn a tremendous amount.

Why?

If I presented, one piece of evidence, many may either accept or reject the information.

But for one to really learn, he must have this mentality, of seeing a piece of evidence, and not accepting, or rejecting, but simply stating like you, I still don't know. By doing this, this allows you to examine much pieces of evidence, before making a more firm conclusion.

Here's a tip, that many will not see value of. I'll share this, since you may see the value of this.

As a general rule of thumb, put your belief system on a scale.

For example, instead of saying, I'm 100% certain, this is true, or false, say, I'm 50% certain, 75% certain, etc.

Or even 99.999999% certain. By doing this, you're still now open to new information, and importantly for your ego, to be wrong. Many people don't like to be wrong, especially since they're 100% certain, something is true / false.

Also a good approach, I discovered is like a judge weighing evidences. Why?

Again, after only seeing one piece of evidence, most will either fully reject or accept the evidence.

But, it's more wise, to first examine all the evidences, before making a conclusion. And going back, once you make your conclusion, as a general rule, don't say, I'm 100% certain. State your 99.99% certain. This allows you to be more readily wrong, and still open to new info.

Now let's examine more pieces of evidences, there's a thread here, that shares a finding, that 'aliens' leave you, if you tell them to, in the name of Jesus.

This key piece of info, tells you an important attribute about these 'aliens'. Surely if these were intergalactic beings, the name of 'Jesus' wouldn't have any effects on them. If these were demons, as described in non-Christian religions, such as Islam, Hindu, Buddhism, etc, surely they too, wouldn't flee in the name of Jesus, but rather in the name of Muhammad, Buddha, Krisha, etc.

Therefore, we now have evidence, and more weight, that these entities, are demons, as described in the Bible who fear Jesus.

Again, this is only one piece of evidence, there's more evidences that give even greater weight to the nature of these entities.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1230294
China
01/26/2013 10:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you want to be a slave, choose any god.
if you want to be your own master, choose iGod.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1230294
China
01/26/2013 10:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
God is not a person.
God is quantum. The very fabric of our reality is mathematically vetted holographic. In true reality, our existence is a holographic simulation, like in a computer, albeit infinitely more complex. Incomprehensibly complex to the simple physical human brain. Since our reality is a simulation, there must be a program. A computus.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2898037

How do you know this?
If this is a program, what programmed it? Then what programmed that? Then what programmed that?
There is no end. It does make sense, or offer an explaination.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32076855

The "true" reality is not of consequence events, but an infinity looping events, wherein there is no beginning nor ending!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33059178
Canada
01/26/2013 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

I'm considering god, but need a rational reason to actually believe. I would never take blind faith, as you could end up in any religion just dependant on the influence around you.

God is not rational to the human mind and heart. None of us would choose Him on our own, hence why we need to ask HIM to draw us. Yes, God draws us but upon our choice to SEEK HIM.

John 6:44-45
44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me.

Why are you asking us? You know the basic premise of the gospel, no? It is between you and God because HE KNOWS the true intent of your heart and whether it is karma and post counts or a real need to know Him.

There is nothing we could do that would enlighten your heart, ONLY GOD can do that and only if you are sincere.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33060202
United States
01/26/2013 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Through your relationship with deceit, you undergo emotional, mental, physical, animal changes.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33007351
United States
01/26/2013 12:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
As others have said the answer is inside you. I like this which is in the book I linked earlier.

Yet the greatest reminder is not anyone outside you, but the voice within you. This is the first
tool that I use, because it is the most accessible.
The voice within is the loudest voice with which I speak, because it is the closest to you. It is
the voice which tells you whether everything else is true or false, right or wrong, good or bad
as you have defined it. It is the radar that sets the course, steers the ship, guides the journey
if you but let it.
It is the voice which tells you right now whether the very words you are reading are words of
love or words of fear. By this measure can you determine whether they are words to heed or
words to ignore.hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6231580
United States
01/26/2013 12:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

theres no reason thats why the bible has teeth. its a question of motives; one seeks to assimilate because of self preservatrion; the other for empire.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
01/26/2013 01:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
As others have said the answer is inside you. I like this which is in the book I linked earlier.

Yet the greatest reminder is not anyone outside you, but the voice within you. This is the first
tool that I use, because it is the most accessible.
The voice within is the loudest voice with which I speak, because it is the closest to you. It is
the voice which tells you whether everything else is true or false, right or wrong, good or bad
as you have defined it. It is the radar that sets the course, steers the ship, guides the journey
if you but let it.
It is the voice which tells you right now whether the very words you are reading are words of
love or words of fear. By this measure can you determine whether they are words to heed or
words to ignore.hf
 Quoting: Seeker of Truth

I don't believe the answers are inside you or me. They are out there to be found. Many have gone different paths that way ie different belief systems etc. If you search in truth, and even try to prove your own opinions wrong, you should get as close as you can to truth as you can providing you put in the time and have the resources.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
01/26/2013 01:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

theres no reason thats why the bible has teeth. its a question of motives; one seeks to assimilate because of self preservatrion; the other for empire.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6231580

That is not a reason to put faith in it though. If it causes you to change your life, it had better have proof.
You can be good without it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33008763
Portugal
01/26/2013 01:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, there's only 2 going theories.

Evolution & Creation.

If not evolution, then it means there's a Creator.

Search your favorite tube place for "100 reasons why evolution is so stupid" to see science and evidence used to debunk evolution. That only leaves one thing left...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1514972

cruise

putin
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33008763
Portugal
01/26/2013 01:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
We are all born through the tree of knowledge of good and evil, that is the fruit born from a woman's womb, we are the fruit of our mother's womb, we come into this world as natural liars and thieves in our own conceitedness, we are serpents, psychology being the devil's chief whip used to fight off evil of our own understanding as brainwashed by the BEAST as it mingled God's laws with its own laws, which is "Caesar's laws", The Great Purple Curtain, she is the Mother Harlot of Rome sitting in the holy place as if God, Jezebel, the false vine of Christianity deceiving the whole world so all can bow down to Baal, subtly hidden in the doctrine of democracy a disguised dictatorship in God's Face defying him with no faith and no belief, thus walking straight into hell willingly and blindly as the BEAST takes them depraved of their senses, it is that spirit which crucified Christ the first time and the second time.

We are all called to be reborn by the Tree Of Life Who Is Christ and bear His fruits which are: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, kindness, faith, meekness and temperance, the material used to build Christ's Church, The New Jerusalem, and she will materialise when Jesus comes back with His saints, the evidence proving Jesus' innocence and His saints saved by His Blood, the Blood of the Lamb, God's only begotten Son given to save the world. They survived by drinking from the Living Waters to pass from death to Life.

Beastliness kicks God in His Face when they rape the fruits of His Spirit displayed in others, as the Spirit is uncomfortable in its correctness as it naturally exposes the works of the false vine of Christianity without saying anything. The false vine cannot stand it as they are caught, turning them into rabid dogs, reacting outwardly or inwardly both resulting in outward trouble for human blood satisfaction, they drink off human blood by controlling the fruits of the Spirit in order to survive, using the blessed fruits given from Above freely to their own advantage to keep and maintain its ungodly establishment sacrificing others for their physical and/or spiritual slaves, and this will never be accepted by God Almighty, thus losing their soul.

Relying on the BEAST for support will develop into many ungodly things so the blood can be on your hands and not on the BEAST's hands, keeping the BEAST immovable on the seat of power, its mind is a compressed demon, Satan incarnate.

Everybody must fall in line with the BEAST's expectations so it can control the mind, body, soul and spirit and free speech is prohibited to give it open doors to rule with with its legions of demons, the BEAST is allowed to commit any crime it wants but no one else may commit crimes it deems to be a crime. Sane people do not bow down to this Baal and are 'executed'.

Paranoia, as you no longer rely fully on The Holy Spirit and try to control the Holy Spirit for allaying feelings of insecurities, this is the beginning of losing your mind.

Regular human 'killings', to ensure your paranoia has not deepened keeping your fantasy in tact, the lie which is not your truth but made to be the truth. Rage and laughter the two extremes find grounds for this fungus to grow killing the beauty of the fruits of the Spirit.

Spying to preserve your truthful lie bluffing yourself you are innocent, this is the same as incest of the mind, body, soul and spirit and suffer no guilt for such a heinous rape passing a red line that will take you to hell to be burnt with Satan.

Twisting all incidents to blacken the victim building a case framing the victim to be delivered as a sacrifice thus saving yourself and your establishment from losing power, the lie and slavery.

If the framed victim is not removed a physical human crime scene can be expected with the loss of life or God undertakes where perpetrators will learn a lesson from God and repent, if no repentance, God deals with it according to His will resulting in a perfect judgement which ever way it turns. The BEAST cannot override the works of God if the victim is His lost child.

The works of the BEAST is that of a rapist and a murderer and can do it with out spilling physical blood which is the same as spilling their blood as the victim is sacrificed wrecking that person's life the BEAST framed a case to make the lie look like the truth.

This is what happens when you replace God's laws for your own laws or mix your own laws with God's laws, The Destroyer of LIFE.

It is cursed and will be cast into a lake of fire!

It is Satan arm wrestling against the power of God as it cannot function freely in the presence of God, it is in chains.

One is taken by Divine Love and goes to heaven while the other is taken by deceit and goes to hell.

The one taken by deceit was impatient to know and understand the value of the fruits of Christ's Spirit and took the power of brute force into their own hands, acting "in place of God", leading them into the path of destruction and forcing everyone with them by making it difficult for them to have a life as they are not allowed to use the BEAST's facilities unless they become the BEAST's slaves you are forced or thrown out to rot in the streets as a vagabond, even if you succumb to being forced it will still destroy you in the end when it has finished using you as it knows its fate is death and will do anything below the belt. This is the same heartless spirit as Cain who killed his brother. Sane Godly people will never concede in playing dirty games with this BEAST but will call on the help of their Father in heaven when all things have been done to the best of their ability and nothing more can be done, and God intercedes for them to open a way to free them, God's judgement is perfect, sometimes things are left for the BEAST to kill the children as Hitler did the Jews, as the Jews said "let Christ's Blood be upon our children", they spoke damnation unto themselves and it came to pass during Christ's second return to the earth, the human race, the Gentiles time, did the same, they said it is "a pie in the sky" same thing, they spoke damnation unto themselves and God's judgments will then speak for itself. Many Christians who strayed and came back have some horrific stories to tell and God still saved them in their stupidity resulting in never to stray again. The world as we know it is Satan's kingdom, it ends. The fruits of the Spirit displayed as a show is obviously noted as false, their true colours show up. All sins are forgivable only the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not which God takes care of Himself, so strictly speaking there should be no court houses and prisons on earth as God' prophets have a handle on the society, the laws we have are the BEAST's laws. Everyone has gone mad in comparison to the sanity that is supposed to be. A wipe-out is therefore expected like it was in Noah's day, this time by fire. The BEAST does not like its authority to be questioned and demands sole power for "peace". God's prophets through history are normally killed by the BEAST when it is exposed keeping the masses in bondage.
 Quoting: ninnie 33051281

The story in LOTR is better than that. But that's good fantasy, though.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28697968
United States
01/26/2013 01:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
You are free to believe in a deity or not. Are you being coerced by government officials to do so? I just hope you are not creating a agenda to take my freedom away in believing in a deity or not or expressing my belief in a supreme deity of my choosing. Common neighborly respect.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7190830
United States
01/26/2013 02:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
A genuine atheist should have no problem at all proving their convictions by committing suicide at a moments notice.

A true atheist has no intrinsic value for life by definition. So are you truely denying a higher order or are you just an antagonist?

Prove it by suicide.

you've got that backwards. atheists believe this is the only existence we get, so it makes life more valuable than to a religious person. if religious people believe they will go to a better place after death, it would make more sense for them to commit suicide to get there faster.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/26/2013 02:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

lol. What can I say? How may I serve you?

Woot! I have a follower :)
You may start by devoting your life to learning what wedges are in style this year.
 Quoting: Anti Vortex

I'm on it...... nearly there....... Po.. tato?

I'm a god of the 21st century. I require all of your answers in the form of Power Point presentations with great detail, not because I as an all knowing god do not already know everything - because clearly I do, but because I have a deal with Microsoft that gives me a 10% discount if all of my followers use their products.
 Quoting: Anti Vortex

finally a god that is straight-forward on their message. sign me up
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/26/2013 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
A genuine atheist should have no problem at all proving their convictions by committing suicide at a moments notice.

A true atheist has no intrinsic value for life by definition. So are you truely denying a higher order or are you just an antagonist?

Prove it by suicide.

you've got that backwards. atheists believe this is the only existence we get, so it makes life more valuable than to a religious person. if religious people believe they will go to a better place after death, it would make more sense for them to commit suicide to get there faster.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7190830

What you wrote is illogical and is also based upon stereotypes.

It is illogical for you assume that a belief in God results in a devaluation of life, which makes no sense since the primary action of God is to create Life. That's the basis for Christianity. Therefore this life is extremely precious and why so much effort is made by many Christians to preserve life.

Example: anti-abortion activists use Holy Scripture, their belief, exegesis, their time/talent/treasure (the summation of their wealth) to oppose it.

Example: many Christians are opposed to euthanasia.

Example: many Christians are opposed to suicide.

Example: many Christians are opposed to criminal execution.

Example: many Christians spend their time/talent/treasure to build schools, orphanges, clinics, and hospitals to assist and take care of the poor. They know all too well the temporal needs of the human body and soul and do this to fulfill the Gospel commandment in numerous Biblical passages.

You make sweeting generalization about Atheists and Christians, and yet provide no evidence of such. If you had said many atheists then I might agree, but honestly the atheists I have met have largely not been very life affirming.
Example: Suicide is most high among atheists.
[link to ajp.psychiatryonline.org]
"CONCLUSIONS: Religious affiliation is associated with less suicidal behavior in depressed inpatients. After other factors were controlled, it was found that greater moral objections to suicide and lower aggression level in religiously affiliated subjects may function as protective factors against suicide attempts. Further study about the influence of religious affiliation on aggressive behavior and how moral objections can reduce the probability of acting on suicidal thoughts may offer new therapeutic strategies in suicide prevention."

Example: "A comprehensive study by Harvard University professor Robert Putnam found that religious people are more charitable than their irreligious counterparts.[2][3] The study revealed that forty percent of worship service attending Americans volunteer regularly to help the poor and elderly as opposed to 15% of Americans who never attend services.[4][5] Moreover, religious individuals are more likely than non-religious individuals to volunteer for school and youth programs (36% vs. 15%), a neighborhood or civic group (26% vs. 13%), and for health care (21% vs. 13%).[6][7"

[link to www.conservapedia.com]

Explain how you came to those conclusions. What evidence do you have of your as yet subjective observations? One would conclude by your assertions that atheists would be at the forefront of life-affirming cultural behavior if they hold life as so precious. Explain precisely where you see that.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/26/2013 04:45 PM
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
01/26/2013 08:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am an atheist. I do not believe there is a god. But I do want to know what evidence people think they have for one.
I think that by actually thinking deeply on this there is a chance that someone, might just open their mind to the possibility that what they think is there proof could very well be a fabrication. If there is a god I'd want to know, but I'm as certain as you can be that there isn't.
Thank you people for posting your opinions, be my guest to keep going.
Playto19

User ID: 2153952
United States
01/26/2013 09:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you are meant to believe you will, otherwise it doesn't matter what someone says you refuse. Sometimes only when we close our eyes and see we see the truth.
Only by pride comes contention, but with the well advised wisdom.

Politics the entertainment branch of the government~ Frank Zappa
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 12:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am an atheist. I do not believe there is a god. But I do want to know what evidence people think they have for one.
I think that by actually thinking deeply on this there is a chance that someone, might just open their mind to the possibility that what they think is there proof could very well be a fabrication. If there is a god I'd want to know, but I'm as certain as you can be that there isn't.
Thank you people for posting your opinions, be my guest to keep going.

Thus far, we've provided logical debate to the contrary of your assertions, and you have not thus far answered those arguments in the manner of debate or dialectic. As such, how can you declare there is no God? You remain intransigent and yet won't begin to engage with the process of using logic and reason with those who disagree with you. Your response is the antithesis of a normal intellectual response of a rational human being.

It is disingenuous to pretend to be conducting an inquiry into the nature of God, and then not accept the evidence nor challenge it. What you're doing is hiding from the Truth, not uncovering the Truth. That's called obfuscation. A logical, rational, human being is not afraid of that process, but bolding enters into it.

At least have the courage to try, as we all have tried so far. Otherwise you become a passive person who remains fixed upon their own inner world, and in that mode, no discovery of new ideas happens whatsoever.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 12:22 AM
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 12:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

Prove it by suicide.

It is illogical for you assume that a belief in God results in a devaluation of life, which makes no sense since the primary action of God is to create Life. That's the basis for Christianity. Therefore this life is extremely precious and why so much effort is made by many Christians to preserve life.

Example: anti-abortion activists use Holy Scripture, their belief, exegesis, their time/talent/treasure (the summation of their wealth) to oppose it.

Example: many Christians spend their time/talent/treasure to build schools, orphanges, clinics, and hospitals to assist and take care of the poor. They know all too well the temporal needs of the human body and soul and do this to fulfill the Gospel commandment in numerous Biblical passages.

You make sweeting generalization about Atheists and Christians, and yet provide no evidence of such. If you had said many atheists then I might agree, but honestly the atheists I have met have largely not been very life affirming.
"CONCLUSIONS: Religious affiliation is associated with less suicidal behavior in depressed inpatients. After other factors were controlled, it was found that greater moral objections to suicide and lower aggression level in religiously affiliated subjects may function as protective factors against suicide attempts. Further study about the influence of religious affiliation on aggressive behavior and how moral objections can reduce the probability of acting on suicidal thoughts may offer new therapeutic strategies in suicide prevention."

Example: "A comprehensive study by Harvard University professor Robert Putnam found that religious people are more charitable than their irreligious counterparts.[2][3] The study revealed that forty percent of worship service attending Americans volunteer regularly to help the poor and elderly as opposed to 15% of Americans who never attend services.[4][5] Moreover, religious individuals are more likely than non-religious individuals to volunteer for school and youth programs (36% vs. 15%), a neighborhood or civic group (26% vs. 13%), and for health care (21% vs. 13%).[6][7"

Explain how you came to those conclusions. What evidence do you have of your as yet subjective observations? One would conclude by your assertions that atheists would be at the forefront of life-affirming cultural behavior if they hold life as so precious. Explain precisely where you see that.

you missed my point. the previous poster was basically stating that if you don't believe in an afterlife, then whats the point of not killing yourself now and getting it over with. its retarded to think that you need a divine being to believe that life has any value. the religious believe in a better afterlife, so out of atheists and theists, they'd be less afraid of death and ready for a new beginning. im not saying atheists value life more than theists, just showing the last poster where his logic fails.

suicide thoughts:
atheist - end of existence
theist - better place

out of either, it would make more sense for the theist to kill themselves
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14593095
United States
01/27/2013 12:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well OP, certainly your God Darwin is laughable.

Having said, in your inchoate search for enlightenment and God, I would definitely recommend you ignore any mass murdering pedo prophets like Mohammed, just to start things off, saves a lot of time!
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 12:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

Prove it by suicide.

you missed my point. the previous poster was basically stating that if you don't believe in an afterlife, then whats the point of not killing yourself now and getting it over with. its retarded to think that you need a divine being to believe that life has any value. the religious believe in a better afterlife, so out of atheists and theists, they'd be less afraid of death and ready for a new beginning. im not saying atheists value life more than theists, just showing the last poster where his logic fails.

suicide thoughts:
atheist - end of existence
theist - better place

out of either, it would make more sense for the theist to kill themselves

While you may think that a logical conclusion, instead you should READ my post, for that is a logical debate with evidence and a logical conclusion. Your post is not.

In fact, you perpetuate a fallacy of associating suicide with "theists" as if somehow suicide would create a positive outcome for them. In reality, since commiting suicide is a sin for a believer, then it would have a negative outcome and so would be the worst way to meet your Maker.

Don't pretend to be logical, when in fact you do not possess that quality, at least in your argument above.

Note: no intellectual would ever use the word "retard or retarded" in a sentence. To do so, immediately make the listener cringe and devalues the estimation of the speaker. It's entirely anarchonistic and recalls those of an earlier time who even then spoke as those who were themselves of low intellect as well as being inconsiderate.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 01:04 AM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 12:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well OP, certainly your God Darwin is laughable.

Having said, in your inchoate search for enlightenment and God, I would definitely recommend you ignore any mass murdering pedo prophets like Mohammed, just to start things off, saves a lot of time!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14593095

People who use words like inchoate(malformed or half-baked) at least have my admiration for possessing a good vocabulary.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31072985
United States
01/27/2013 01:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

If you are serious then start believing. Start trusting in GOD by faith.

Child like faith.

The is a rewarder of those who diligently seek HIM.

You will seek ME and find ME when you seek ME with all of your heart.

Stop relying on "religion" and just start trusting in GOD.

If your heart is sincere, GOD will know.

Trust in The LORD with all your are heart and lean not on your own understanding;

Please read the parable of The Good Samaritan with an open heart.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

May GOD bless you,
With love

GLP