Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,201 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 302,549
Pageviews Today: 493,276Threads Today: 138Posts Today: 2,488
05:19 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

I'm an Atheist. Why should I believe in a god? Which god? and why?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31072985
United States
01/27/2013 01:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: I'm an Atheist. Why should I believe in a god? Which god? and why?
^^^^^^^
GOD is a rewarder of those who diligently seek HIM.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14593095
United States
01/27/2013 01:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well OP, certainly your God Darwin is laughable.

Having said, in your inchoate search for enlightenment and God, I would definitely recommend you ignore any mass murdering pedo prophets like Mohammed, just to start things off, saves a lot of time!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14593095

People who use words like inchoate(malformed or half-baked) at least have my admiration for possessing a good vocabulary.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

Me fail English? That's unpossible!
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/27/2013 01:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

Having said, in your inchoate search for enlightenment and God, I would definitely recommend you ignore any mass murdering pedo prophets like Mohammed, just to start things off, saves a lot of time!

People who use words like inchoate(malformed or half-baked) at least have my admiration for possessing a good vocabulary.

Isn't it amusing that those who claim a belief in atheism also claim some sort of intellectual superiority through linkage that usually is non-existent?

I believe from many decades of encountering and discussing rationally with atheists that other than a handful of academics, the preponderance are actually of lower cognitive abilities.

And lacking a heart too, which is even tragic among a young atheist.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 01:19 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14593095
United States
01/27/2013 01:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

Isn't it amusing that those who claim a belief in atheism also claim some sort of intellectual superiority through linkage that usually is non-existent?

I believe from many decades of encountering and discussing rationally with atheists that other than a handful of academics, the preponderance are actually of lower congnitive abilities.

Very true, and "ironic", but of course not ironic at all.

Without fail, the greatest thinkers of the modern era were all Christians, or at least Theists or Agnostics. There is not a single example of a great Atheist thinker in the history of the world.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1617215
United States
01/27/2013 01:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
because past life regression is real since my psychologist said so. Dolores cannon uses past life regression to talk to Nostradamus. Nostradamus talks about how he can access the astral plane. From the astral plane they can access God.
QED
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11421136
New Zealand
01/27/2013 01:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Any piece of shit god that creates a life form dependent on a digestive system is not worth believing in.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 01:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Any piece of shit god that creates a life form dependent on a digestive system is not worth believing in.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11421136

Then my ill informed friend, the solution is not to worship "piece of shit gods".

I agree believing in a excrement god is not a worthwhile activity, but is that not self-evident? Perhaps not, for if you rail against a god of fewmets, then that makes you a critic whose intellectual capacity is likely "shit for brains" as well.

15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 01:42 AM
Anonymous Coward
New Zealand
01/27/2013 01:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

Then my ill informed friend, the solution is not to worship "piece of shit gods".

I agree believing in a excrement god is not a worthwhile activity, but is that not self-evident? Perhaps not, for if you rail against a god of fewmets, then that makes you a critic whose intellectual capacity is likely "shit for brains" as well.

15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15

Oh look a bibletard quoting the bible.

Go quote your book of lies some more, won't change the fact a digestive system is proof of either no god, or one with no good intentions.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 01:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Go quote your book of lies some more, won't change the fact a digestive system is proof of either no god, or one with no good intentions.

If you were an educated man who had studied the complexities of anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, histology, and pathology, and knew how all of those aspects are so intricately woven within the digestive system, then you would marvel. Instead you reduce it to excrement.

Therefore, you prove to me that you are neither a man of letters, nor reason, nor capable of intellectual discourse.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 01:56 AM
Anonymous Coward
New Zealand
01/27/2013 02:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

If you were an educated man who had studied the complexities of anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, histology, and pathology, and knew how all of those aspects are so intricately woven within the digestive system, then you would marvel. Instead you reduce it to excrement.

Therefore, you prove to me that you are neither a man of letters, nor reason, nor capable of intellectual discourse.

You talk a lot of nonsense. You marvel at a design that is based on fear and death to survive?

Let's backtrack a bit, do you view animals and other life forms as less important than a human because they arn't sentient? If so, go fuck yourself and I'm done here.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33088854
Australia
01/27/2013 02:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

Wasn't Moses a murderer?
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 02:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

You talk a lot of nonsense. You marvel at a design that is based on fear and death to survive?

Let's backtrack a bit, do you view animals and other life forms as less important than a human because they arn't sentient? If so, go fuck yourself and I'm done here.

An intellectual carefully studies a spiritual system and then by reason and logic and evidence either accepts or rejects it. They don't belittle a spiritual system by labeling it falsely.

You said, "You marvel at a design that is based on fear and death to survive?" So by your own words, you admit that the "design" that was created by God, and yet do not yield to the marvelous all-encompassing Love which is at the center of God. Instead you focus upon fear and death which comes instead from Satan.

You should sincerely ask yourself, "Am I an atheist or actually worshiping a demon?" It's my belief that you're doing the latter.

We can discuss other things in other topics, for your second question has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
"do you view animals and other life forms as less important than a human because they arn't sentient?"

Is it beyond your rational ability to focus upon the question? Or is it too much to speak without resulting to vulgarities?

Perhaps you should instead return to school, educate yourself, learn some vocabulary and grammar, and then return to play with the intelligensia.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 03:32 AM
Anonymous Coward
New Zealand
01/27/2013 03:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

An intellectual carefully studies a spiritual system and then by reason and logic and evidence either accepts or rejects it. They don't belittle a spiritual system by labeling it falsely.

You said, "You marvel at a design that is based on fear and death to survive?" So by your own words, you admit that the "design" that was created by God, and yet do not yield to the marvelous all-encompassing Love which is at the center of God. Instead you focus upon fear and death which come instead from Satan.

You should sincerely ask yourself, "Am I an atheist or actually worshiping a demon?" It's my belief that you're doing the latter.

We can discuss other things in other topics, for your second question has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
"do you view animals and other life forms as less important than a human because they arn't sentient?"

Is it beyond your rational ability to focus upon the question? Or is it too much to speak without resulting to vulgarities?

Perhaps you should instead return to school, educate yourself, learn some vocabulary and grammer, and then return to play with the intelligensia.

Perhaps you should stick to taking your own advice and learn to spell grammar.

Where did I say I was an athiest? Your reading comprehension fails. Not even worth my time.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 03:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

You said, "You marvel at a design that is based on fear and death to survive?" So by your own words, you admit that the "design" that was created by God, and yet do not yield to the marvelous all-encompassing Love which is at the center of God. Instead you focus upon fear and death which come instead from Satan.

Perhaps you should instead return to school, educate yourself, learn some vocabulary and grammer, and then return to play with the intelligensia.

Perhaps you should stick to taking your own advice and learn to spell grammar.

Where did I say I was an athiest? Your reading comprehension fails. Not even worth my time.

Touché. Thanks for pointing out my error. You'll note I corrected it now. That's what an educated person does. They admit an error and repair it. On the other hand, your own dialogue above is riddled with errors, none of which you have bothered to fix.

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. Matthew 7:5

Atheist is spelled this way. Perhaps you aren't one indeed.

Having studied extensively at the graduate level and being extremely well read, I'd be glad to debate my equal. You are not that person.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 03:13 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27202787
Australia
01/27/2013 03:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
I could not imagine life without God, I just cannot phantom how you atheists do it :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27202787
Australia
01/27/2013 03:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
I could not imagine life without God, I just cannot phantom how you atheists do it :)
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 03:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

I believe from many decades of encountering and discussing rationally with atheists that other than a handful of academics, the preponderance are actually of lower congnitive abilities.

Very true, and "ironic", but of course not ironic at all.

Without fail, the greatest thinkers of the modern era were all Christians, or at least Theists or Agnostics. There is not a single example of a great Atheist thinker in the history of the world.

That's going too far. I have met in academic circles a few atheists, but over as litle as a single adult beverage around a fire they often admit to secretly considering themselves open to being an agnostic, though they identify themselves as atheists. Why? Pride mostly.

The few that dare to look at the philosophical questions on spirituality topics like: the nature of good and evil, what is being, what am I here for, all of that leads to existentialism, flirtations with Zen Buddhism, and often at least a semi-regular attendance in an Anglican church. It's very very hard to resist God.

The lucky ones decide not to resist God with their intellect, but rather chose to use Reason and Faith to accept God with their Soul, the true and best way to meet God by being called by God.

If reading this, I ask you, why are you still resisting? There's many ways of intellectually proving God's existence, but in the middle of the night, at 2:30 am, in the night watches, you know that Satan exists, don't you? Why then do you not know and accept the totality of Love as expressed in YHWH (God) and Yeshua (Jesus)?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33113414
Kazakhstan
01/27/2013 05:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Because we are sinners. If we are honest about it, we should know that. Even small kids left on there own, may show bad behaviour.

Is it possible to get over our sinfulness? For example to hate another person. How often do we do that? And is it possible to quit coming into such a situation?

The God of the Bible is the only god that talks about that we must be saved from this.

He even had to give His own life that we can be saved from it.

If there are other ways to be saved, tell me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 788508
Spain
01/27/2013 05:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
What is Love OP?

And I'm not just talking about "love" as something between two people and then the love that comes when there's your children..Im not just talking about "personal love"..
Im talking about the kind of love you feel when you sit peacefully watching the world go by. You see the sunlight dance on the leaves, the moon and stars like diamonds in the nightsky, the joy of children playing in the park, the pain and suffering of this crazy world that makes you deeply sad..because you love this world, this Earth.
The kind of Love that transcends time and the material. That is beyond thought and mind. Im talking about Love that frees you completely.
That is what "God" is for me, not a "god" of any bible or book or written word by man, not a concept. God is Love. Love is God.
Love is the most misunderstood and misused force on this Earth, real Love is a great mystery and extremely powerful, probably the most powerful force of all.

..what is Love op?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24591249
United States
01/27/2013 08:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
How can an atheist, be 100% certain, that there's no God,

when there's no 100% proof, that life originated from inorganic matter, or abiogenesis?

The current best 'proof' of abiogenesis, is that liposomes, havw an auto-catalytic nature.

However even then, lipsomes, comes from something, that's already alive, the cell membrane.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 08:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

when there's no 100% proof, that life originated from inorganic matter, or abiogenesis?

The current best 'proof' of abiogenesis, is that liposomes, havw an auto-catalytic nature.

However even then, lipsomes, comes from something, that's already alive, the cell membrane.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24591249

Yes, they've been able to construct a lipid bilayer in synthetic biology. That's the cell membrane.
[link to www.genengnews.com]

Still you need a Prime Mover.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Otherwise chemicals don't spontaneous form into complex compounds.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am in the OP.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 08:36 AM
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 09:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here's a good thread, that contain several accounts, of people, encountering and seeing Jesus, when fully awake.

These are not near death experiences, or OBEs. So these aren't merely products of the person's beliefs and expectations.

Also, many of these people, were non-Christians, such as atheists, hindus, Muslims, etc, prior to the encounter. This gives even greater weight, that these experiences aren't based on the person's beliefs and expectations.

After these encounters with Jesus, if they were non-Christains, they converted to Christianity.

Thread: Jesus appears in room of a former Hindu

In addition, there's been some encounters with Jesus, that caused the people to miraculously physically heal, if they were suffering from an illness. This gives weight, that this was genuine encounter, and not a mere hallucination.

So, where's all the real and current encounters, with other prophets, from other religions? How come this is only happening with Jesus?

Also, I had mentioned the veridical NDEs. This was important since it rules out, if the NDE was based on the person's current beliefs, expectations, and knowledge. Now there's 4 current NDEs / OBEs, that contain veridical info, about the deceased. Giving evidence, that the experiences was not a hallucination. In all 4 cases, they all encountered not Muhammad, Buddha, Krishna, Ra, etc. But all four encountered Jesus. In addition, 2 saw, the 4 living creatures, around God's throne as described in no other book, except the Bible.

Again, one may not state, this was part of their beliefs and expectations. This is impossible, since they discovered veridical info about the deceased, information that wasn't previously known during their heaven visit, but which was later researched and verified to be actually true.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 09:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Several miracles are occurring at this church.

[link to www.youtube.com]
One of the many miracles are jewels falling out of thin air. When the jewels, were taken to be appraised, it was discovered they were cut so perfectly, that no man could have created these.

Diamonds also appeared, out of thin air. These were also taken to appraisers, and it was discovered the quality of the diamonds were so high, that the appraisers stated, none like these exist on this Earth.

Anointed oil is also mysteriously appearing at the church, and miraculously coming out of the Bible.

The pastor's Bible, mysteriously turns to the exact same page by itself, the last chapter of Psalms.

A massive footprint of an angel is also seen as this church. The size is beyond any humans, and the print, left a dust, that appeared to be composed of gold.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31781644
United States
01/27/2013 09:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
it's a nasty universe, god or not..
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 09:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
What evidence do we have of demons?

Here's only one of many.

In a legit demonic possession. An exorcist, will speak a prayer, in a language the possessed does not understand.

For example, the exorcist, may say a prayer in Latin.

If it's a true possession, it was found, that the possessed, will began speaking this language, that's unknown to them, perfectly and fluently. And will then often began cursing the priest, God, or Jesus, again fluently in this language the possessed person does not know.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 09:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
More evidence of the demonic.

During NDEs, when people go to hell, they see demons, and will often report a foul sulphur smell.

So how is this significant?

If this is so, we can then also expect demons, to have a foul sulphur smell, correct.

And yes, exorcists, will also often report, that demons have a foul sulphur smell.

So, if these people are reporting this smell, is there further evidence in the Bible that hell would smell like sulphur?

Yes, the Bible speaks of a lake of fire, burning with sulphur. The Bible also mentions, there will be those who be tormented night and day, with burning sulphur.

All of these elements, fitting perfectly like a puzzle is statistically beyond chance.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
More evidence of demons, which then gives further evidence of the demons mentioned in the Bible.

If you listen really carefully from 16:00 to 17:33, this is good evidence, of a legit possession

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

A guy is speaking to a girl, possessed by a demon over a phone. In the same room as the guy, a woman then walks in, without saying a word. The demon possessed girl, then states over the phone, hello Susan. This the name of the woman, that just walked into the room. There's no way, for the demon possessed girl over the phone to have known this. This girl had other signs, for example she and her Mom was involved in Satanic activities.

There's many more incidences, like these, of a legitimate demonic possession. The possessed person, will have access to very detailed, and specified information, that couldn't have been possibly known to them.

The Bible also shares a similar account of demon possessed girl, that also had access of to info, that couldn't have possibly been known to her (Acts chapter 16).
Fun-Da-Mental

User ID: 4433985
Netherlands
01/27/2013 10:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
"To search for logical evidence of God, is like looking for the sun with a lamp"
Rumi
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22089462
Netherlands
01/27/2013 10:02 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24591249

Since you capitalized the word God I am assuming you are specifically referring to the God of the Bible that Created the world in 6 days according to his absolute Word written down.

That's rather easy.

The Bible cannot be the inerrant word of God because, well, it contains lies and inconsistencies and doesn't prove jackshit.

If you rephrased your statement as to how atheists can be 100% certain there isn't anything that we would describe as godlike then I agree with you.

But that doesn't give any credence to your creation myth.

That I am an atheist does not mean I am as convinced that abiogenesis started life on Earth as you are certain that the God of the Bible exists.

I can safely say I am not certain, although I do think it is by far the most likely option.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 10:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
As far as I know, there's only one miracle which has been so documented that I feel there must be something to it.
[link to www.holyfire.org]
It's an interesting phenomena

"The ceremony, which awes the souls of Christians, takes place in the Church of the Resurrection in Jerusalem. The date for Pascha is determined anew for every year. It must be a first Sunday after the spring equinox and Jewish Passover. Therefore, most of the time it differs from the date of Catholic and Protestant Easter, which is determined using different criteria. The Holy Fire is the most renowned miracle in the world of Eastern Orthodoxy. IIt has taken place at the same time, in the same manner, in the same place every single year for centuries. No other miracle is known to occur so regularly and so steadily over time. No other miracle is known to occur so regularly and so steadily over time. It happens in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, the holiest place on earth[2], where Christ was crucified, entombed, and where He finally rose from the dead."

But believe in faith and reason instead, not miracles.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 10:04 AM

GLP