Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,105 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 642,121
Pageviews Today: 1,155,369Threads Today: 560Posts Today: 9,114
12:54 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

College student gets restraining order against parents for tracking calls.

Philligan
in rainbows

User ID: 2530194
United States
01/25/2013 08:03 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
College student gets restraining order against parents for tracking calls.
Aubrey Ireland’s parents wanted to keep their daughter close – so close that they installed tracking software on the 21-year-old’s phone and computer so that they could monitor every site she visited and every person she talked to

After three years, the college senior had enough. A judge granted her a stalking order against her parents, the Cincinnati Enquirer reports. David and Julie Ireland have to stay 500 feet away from their daughter at all times and can’t get back in touch with her for a year.

Read more: [link to www.nydailynews.com]
Pray for Us Sinners Now and at the Hour of our Death
Philligan  (OP)
in rainbows

United States
01/25/2013 08:18 AM

Report Abusive Post
Re: College student gets restraining order against parents for tracking calls.
bump
Gigolo Jesus

User ID: 32789406
United States
01/25/2013 08:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good for her. It's about time someone set a precedent for helicopter parents.
"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." ~Thomas Paine
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1466471
Canada
01/25/2013 08:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just wanted to be sure she was wearing her helmet.
Philligan  (OP)
in rainbows

United States
01/27/2013 05:30 PM

Report Abusive Post
I am glad I didnt have helicopter parents.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32482094
United States
01/27/2013 05:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Who's paying her tuition now? SeekingArrangement.com? lol
Philligan  (OP)
in rainbows

United States
01/27/2013 05:56 PM

Report Abusive Post
thanks for the pin guys.

Always the question of: If you smother your daughter trying to prevent her from doing drugs and skanking around, that is exactly what they'll do. And they'll do it out of spite??
RoxykinsIII

User ID: 33096338
United States
01/27/2013 06:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Seems pretty obvious her parents did a lousy job spying. If they did it right she would never have known. The restraing order is something the daughter will live to regret. Good luck to her and her future STDs.

Last Edited by RoxykinsIII on 01/27/2013 06:21 PM
RoxykinsIII
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 06:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
She a Liberal Arts major?

Maybe her parents think she lacks sound judgment.
fore-eyz

User ID: 32966453
United States
01/27/2013 06:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
thanks for the pin guys.

Always the question of: If you smother your daughter trying to prevent her from doing drugs and skanking around, that is exactly what they'll do. And they'll do it out of spite??
 Quoting: Philligan

While I completely agree with you, I do have to say if they were still paying her bills, she should just play ball until she's on her own and if she doesn't like it, she can start paying her own way immediately.

Way too many kids today expect the parents to foot the bill for their lives well into young adulthood while offering no compromise on the freedoms they expect. And the courts are backing them up!

If I'm gonna shell out cash, I have a right to know how it will be used. Now if I raised my kids right, there will be few problems. If I raised them wrong, no amount of throwing moola their way will help and I'd be inclined to let the school of life take over...
Philligan  (OP)
in rainbows

United States
01/27/2013 06:24 PM

Report Abusive Post
I have a cousin who his parents didnt even let him watch MTV, even though it IS 100% filth and bullshit, a kid has to be a kid, I think he or she has to learn their own lessons in life.

Needless to say he ended up having a lot of issues and had to leave college.

My dad raised me but wasn't invading my privacy. I had fear for the fact if I messed up he would kick my ass. That in of itself taught me consequences and respect.

I had to learn a lot of hard lessons in life and still am. But my dad did a good job in that respect

Last Edited by Philligan on 01/27/2013 06:25 PM
fore-eyz

User ID: 32966453
United States
01/27/2013 06:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
even like 19 and over from my friends they are still being treated like 5 from their parents. Fucking stupid.
 Quoting: Blackhawkie

Parenting in the last 25 - maybe even as high as the last 40 - years really took a nosedive and we've been churning out evil, greedy, entitled, ill mannered little shitheads ever since.

By the time these lousy parents figure out what they've done to the rest of us they try like the dickens to make up for lost time... The shame of it is that is is too late and way far gone...

Last Edited by julesvm on 01/27/2013 06:31 PM
Philligan  (OP)
in rainbows

United States
01/27/2013 06:32 PM

Report Abusive Post
But imagine how her parents are feeling now? I mean they cared for her but showed in a horrible way.

Now they cant even see her and their own daughter has a vourt order against them? Wow
Janus198

User ID: 875736
United States
01/27/2013 06:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
thanks for the pin guys.

Drugs and skanking?
How about rape and murder.
How about the NDAA, kicking in
on her after dancing the night
away with the wrong guy the
DHS is targeting as a terrorist.
How about campus lockdown
for multiple shootings.
How about a brutal assault by
police who do this to victims
of crime, victims of accidents,
including females, all the time.

Parents who care are worth
their weight in gold.
Too few do.

No one else gives a damn
if girls live or die;
certainly not the people at
colleges including staff. They
are rapacious, many Satanists
always on the lookout for a
victim they can drag out to
the Bohemian Grove and sacrifice.

We don't live in Mayberry anymore.
Janus198
Philligan  (OP)
in rainbows

United States
01/27/2013 06:39 PM

Report Abusive Post
thanks for the pin guys.

Drugs and skanking?
How about rape and murder.
How about the NDAA, kicking in
on her after dancing the night
away with the wrong guy the
DHS is targeting as a terrorist.
How about campus lockdown
for multiple shootings.
How about a brutal assault by
police who do this to victims
of crime, victims of accidents,
including females, all the time.

Parents who care are worth
their weight in gold.
Too few do.

No one else gives a damn
if girls live or die;
certainly not the people at
colleges including staff. They
are rapacious, many Satanists
always on the lookout for a
victim they can drag out to
the Bohemian Grove and sacrifice.

We don't live in Mayberry anymore.
 Quoting: Janus198

It was a question to start a discussion.
Philligan  (OP)
in rainbows

United States
01/27/2013 06:40 PM

Report Abusive Post
And i Agree with you, I dont have kids yet Im getting married in Oct but when I do I will be 100% protective. But hopefully I can find a balance and not go too far
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
If someone's not paying 100% of their bills they are not "independent adults". I see plenty of early 20s kids who you can tell never consider the consequences of their actions, because their parents have never stopped taking care of the impt. things in their lives.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31498749
United States
01/27/2013 06:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
butt whip
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32895948
United States
01/27/2013 08:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
If someone's not paying 100% of their bills they are not "independent adults". I see plenty of early 20s kids who you can tell never consider the consequences of their actions, because their parents have never stopped taking care of the impt. things in their lives.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32482094

Yep, there are a lot of adult infants out there.

It's definitely a generational thing. When I was a kid, everyone was out at 18 and either joined the military, went away to college, or joined the workforce.

There was none of this let's mooch off of Mommy and Daddy until I'm 30 garbage like you see nowadays.
TastyThoughts

User ID: 1308649
United States
01/27/2013 08:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good to know that software can track. Not that I agree, rather I am seemingly being tracked by an extremist religious hate-group sect all commingled as one.

A few years back a gal sent me a message. When I opened it there was a download indicator then a laughing voice saying, "ha, ha, ha dumb-ass you got a virus, Ha, ha, ha dumb-ass you got a virus."
I thought what a dumb-ass joke! What the hell is she trying to tell me, dose she have something? We did not know each-other well enough for her to be sending something like this. It was a turn off.

The thing is I had a feeling. A sensation prior to opening it. I felt it was more than a joke when it was playing. Then I had a feeling she did not really know that it MAYBE more than just a joke.

I called my Dad at his work and let him know. He laughed and said, "maybe she's trying to tell you she has some VD." I let him know I thought of that too, but felt it was something else disguised as a joke. He went back to, "I know, that's what I am saying! Maybe she is trying to let you know she as a VD. God I hope you did not sleep with her!" I let him know that did not, bur it is still creepy. Then I let him know I thought there was something else to it. That I hoped she was not trying to track me.
"They cannot see what's-up if They are looking down." (TastyThoughts)
"Something is smelly! Something is smelly, like an old barnacle encrusted shoe washing ashore in the middle of summer." (TastyThoughts)
"Yes happy Earth day. Now go tell the wicked to stop damaging the Human Species therefore/and the Earth; For, they are discombobulating the entire Universe and upsetting the Most High God." (TastyThoughts)
SnakeAirlines

User ID: 26580680
United States
01/27/2013 08:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
So the parents paid for her school and apartment, yet the little whine-ass doesn't think they have any say...

I would have simply stopped paying her bills...

Just like my rents did...

Best thing that ever happened to me...

Paid off my first house before I was 35...

Never looked back...

Poor little rich girl...

cruise

finger
"Hold my cat while I bring in my tomato plant. That chemtrail looks like an earthquake chemtrail"

deanoZXT-07/20/2014 07:48 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10372663
United States
01/27/2013 08:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Back story: Mom and Dad would pay for school but they wanted to keep track of daughter. Daughter has moon dust in her eyes and say PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE and takes the deal.

Now after 3 years of FREE University costs AND about to graduate she tells her parents to stuff it! IE restraining order!

Little miss pampered got what she wanted and dumps them, we had various names for people like her and non are polite.

HOPEFULLY they lose the number to her bank account and stop supporting her AND sue her for 3 years of costs for reneging on a verbal contract.

But that's just an educated guess and I hope ALL males steer clear she's bad news!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brad Daylight

User ID: 1779676
United States
01/27/2013 08:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have a cousin who his parents didnt even let him watch MTV, even though it IS 100% filth and bullshit, a kid has to be a kid, I think he or she has to learn their own lessons in life.

Needless to say he ended up having a lot of issues and had to leave college.

My dad raised me but wasn't invading my privacy. I had fear for the fact if I messed up he would kick my ass. That in of itself taught me consequences and respect.

I had to learn a lot of hard lessons in life and still am. But my dad did a good job in that respect

To me, a father that is loving yet stern is the best way to raise a child.

The fear of disobeying keeps the child from doing wrong yet LEARNING by himself, and then there is still a father that cares about the child a lot.

As opposed to that "annoying personthat keeps spying on my personal business."

If a child is raised in love, care, and shown true values and virtues in life BY THE PARENTS, NOT PUBLIC SCHOOL, then the child will not turn out bad.

Just like a conspiracy theorist, once we know the truth it is much easier to understand everything.
"I have felt despair many times in my life, but I do not keep a chair for it."
~Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Today is a gift, that is why it is called "The Present"

“When an opponent declares, “I will not come over to your side,” I calmly say, “Your child belongs to us already… What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.”
- Adolf Hitler

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.”

-Oscar Wilde

Have a nice day, may God bless you :D
SnakeAirlines

User ID: 26580680
United States
01/27/2013 08:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
BTW

My Dad is now dead, but we never had a bad word, and I loved him and took care of him till he died...

Mom is still alive, and now legally blind...I will be driving her for her groceries in the AM...

They came to respect my decisions, and I certainly respect them for 'cutting me off'...

This chick has doomed her future relationship with people that obviously love(d) her...

May they all find peace and reconciliation...

rose
"Hold my cat while I bring in my tomato plant. That chemtrail looks like an earthquake chemtrail"

deanoZXT-07/20/2014 07:48 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24537691
Canada
01/27/2013 08:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Umm...

21 is more than a little old to mollycoddling them.
They are legally adults.

Holy over possessive parenting Batman.

Left home at 16, never looked back.
MuslimAmerican

User ID: 26542172
United States
01/27/2013 08:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Aubrey Ireland’s parents wanted to keep their daughter close – so close that they installed tracking software on the 21-year-old’s phone and computer so that they could monitor every site she visited and every person she talked to

After three years, the college senior had enough. A judge granted her a stalking order against her parents, the Cincinnati Enquirer reports. David and Julie Ireland have to stay 500 feet away from their daughter at all times and can’t get back in touch with her for a year.

Read more: [link to www.nydailynews.com]

Good for her, know sort of how she feels, too bad they didn't have to pay her any money and publicly apologize, some parents go way to far.
Feed the hungry, visit the sick, free a captive if he be unjustly confined(kidnapped/enslaved by someone). Assist any person oppressed, whether they're of the Muslim or non-Muslim. - Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wasallam)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33076850
Australia
01/27/2013 09:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think at that age its kind of ridiculous
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10372663
United States
01/27/2013 09:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
And i Agree with you, I dont have kids yet Im getting married in Oct but when I do I will be 100% protective. But hopefully I can find a balance and not go too far

A piece of unsolicited free advice that's worth EXACTLY what you paid for it and never wanted.

After 5 children 3 girls 2 boys all had a paid for education by mom and dad. The education was a trade school, we paid 100% for them to go and develop a trade so they could pay for the University.

Out of the 5,1 boy and 3 girls learned how to make dental prosthetic ( teeth, bridges etc) of those the 3 girls became medical doctors and the boy was making to much money on false teeth so he started his own business.

The fifth became a machinist then went to gunsmithing school and now works in our business.

Give them the opportunity and the education to pay for their own Higher Education that way they make the decisions not mom and dad.

Keep an eye on and not a thumb.

Have fun!!!!!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1071414
United States
01/27/2013 09:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
even like 19 and over from my friends they are still being treated like 5 from their parents. Fucking stupid.
 Quoting: Blackhawkie

Parenting in the last 25 - maybe even as high as the last 40 - years really took a nosedive and we've been churning out evil, greedy, entitled, ill mannered little shitheads ever since.

By the time these lousy parents figure out what they've done to the rest of us they try like the dickens to make up for lost time... The shame of it is that is is too late and way far gone...
 Quoting: fore-eyz

If it helps you sleep at night at all, there is a rather interesting quote that goes something like this.

"I think, if we do nothing to save the next generation from their poor manners and lazy ways, humanity shall not see another generation to follow."

Plato.

That's right, almost every generation looks at the one to follow, sees the changes they've made, compares them to what they imagine to be what's proven to work (their own generation) and fears the world will end, or at least that their kids will have a hard time.

It never really happens.

What I'm saying here is that society isn't ruined. The kids are only half as bad as you think and pendulums almost always manage to swing back and forth.

Don't worry too much. The world might fall apart eventually, but if it does, odds are we'll see things correct after it happens. That's simply the way humans work.

Everyone thought that hippies would be the end to the world too, causing us all to live off the land as peace loving nomads by now. Notice, that didn't happen? The yuppies were going to turn us all into greedy corporate drones willing to put our own mothers on the street for a new swimming pool... also didn't happen.

Generation X was made of nothing but slackers, who smoke so much pot that they couldn't hold a job at all...

But now they're the backbone of the working world. Because reality caused them to settle down.

Generation Y was made up of self centered selfish brats that thought the world revolved around them...

And yet they've managed to do all the same things everyone else always has.

My point? It's natural to see things change and think that it means something bad, but people have to do certain things to stay alive and they will, because the drive to survive will always trump the newest style or trend, eventually.
Madame X

User ID: 24537691
Canada
01/27/2013 09:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
The song I played at my guy's 18th birthdays.

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

Time to let go.

I'm an adult now!
"The wise man's home is the universe." ~ Democrites

Catch the blue train...somewhere down that crazy river.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28689320
United States
01/27/2013 09:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
yes and when the parents become old and in need - the children will abandon them to a home where the staff treats them like crap and abuses them.

Upon there death at the service, these same children will shed a tear then fight over what they get.

welcome to the break down of the family structure.

The only silver lining is that when these people have children, they will one day realize how selfishness is a two way street.

GLP