Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,074 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 972,553
Pageviews Today: 1,736,055Threads Today: 743Posts Today: 13,204
07:39 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

989 mb Explosively Developing Low over Chicago early Wed!!! TWO DEATHS CONFIRMED!!!! Compared with cleveland superbomb

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33283465
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: 989 mb Explosively Developing Low over Chicago early Wed!!! TWO DEATHS CONFIRMED!!!! Compared with cleveland superbomb
AccuWeather.com‏@breakingweather

Dallas/Fort Worth International reporting delays due to thunderstorms.
Abi ~

User ID: 25045778
United States
01/29/2013 05:12 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: 989 mb Explosively Developing Low over Chicago early Wed!!! TWO DEATHS CONFIRMED!!!! Compared with cleveland superbomb

IMAGE ( [link to i1286.photobucket.com] )

^^^December 2010 warm, tornado's..crazy weather..

this is fun..I will not bombard you all..just trying to find some good ones..
You accept the love you think you deserve~~~

Love cannot live where there is no trust~~~

Truth has no temperature~~~

Love like it's never gonna hurt~~~

Have no regrets~~~
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to weather.rap.ucar.edu]
Abi ~

United States
01/29/2013 05:14 PM

Report Abusive Post
Ok, I have never does this before, so bear with me..this is just a test pic so let me know if it works..this was NOT from today..;)

Quoting: Abi ~

it worked!
 Quoting: Luisport

Cool...hopefully, no one can use my photos. I have never used an ap/site like that before...I actually have a friend who uses some of my wilderness shots and makes all kinds of neat things..I wish I were artistic..;)

Have no regrets~~~
Little Miss Sunshine

User ID: 32890775
United States
01/29/2013 05:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thanks OP and Dr. Acula..but, I am a storm chaser, by heart...I will go when I need to..I cannot help it..gotta watch it for a bit..being careful, tho as it was really windy, now calm..will post when I can..;)

ETA animals are all upset, too

hf

hugs
 Quoting: Dr. Acula

WOW..
[link to www.wunderground.com]
 Quoting: THE INQUISADOR

yeah this is a pretty fucked up storm...

I'm a cowering lil bitch when it comes to storms...

hiding
?
used to love em and run right into them... screaming
yeah
pphtt

that was until... last year... two danced by my home...
damned

now i am

ahhh

Hahahaha! Poor Dr. Acula...I feel ya on cowering jn the bad ones....ever since that tornado hit Arcanum, Oh I take NO CHANCES AT ALL! Me and niece had just gotten back from a Bengals- Lions football game in Cinci and on the way home the akywwas a wicked green/black- yellow color. We got hime cracked open a cpl of beers and began cleaning the house.
Less than 5 min into it we heard this massive very loud whistle that was vibrating and shaking rhe house...the long windows in rhe living room began sucking in and out and I looked at my niece Heidi and screamed " RUN TORNADO!!!!" We both ran for the hall closet and she's dragging her 75 lb humongous belgium shepherd " killian" into the closet with us....not 2 secinds after reaching the closet all 8 of my living room blew out everywhere with massive force!!
The tornado touched down right across rhe street from me completely leveling the massive barn. It somehow skipped my house and hit the house behindme sucking all exterior walls from the house. I had alot if damage to my home but nothing like the others had.
Once you hear the freight train sound ita too late to take cover....so olz do not stay out to watch it coming!!!
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
SevereStudios‏@severestudios

Tornado Warning for Stone and Taney County in MO until 5:00pm CST. #mowx
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Another tornado warning, this time in SSW Missouri.

WFUS53 KSGF 292212
TORSGF
MOC209-213-292300-
/O.NEW.KSGF.TO.W.0003.130129T2212Z-130129T2300Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SPRINGFIELD MO
412 PM CST TUE JAN 29 2013

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SPRINGFIELD HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
STONE COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST MISSOURI...
WESTERN TANEY COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST MISSOURI...

* UNTIL 500 PM CST

* AT 408 PM CST...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A
TORNADO WAS LOCATED 12 MILES SOUTHWEST OF KIMBERLING CITY...AND
MOVING NORTHEAST AT 65 MPH.

HAZARD...DEVELOPING TORNADO AND QUARTER SIZE HAIL.

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION.

IMPACT...SIGNIFICANT HOUSE AND BUILDING DAMAGE POSSIBLE. MOBILE
HOMES COMPLETELY DESTROYED IF HIT. SOME TREES UPROOTED OR
SNAPPED. VEHICLES WILL LIKELY BE THROWN BY TORNADIC WINDS.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
BRANSON WEST...BRANSON...CAPE FAIR...EDGEWATER BEACH...FORSYTH...
GALENA...HOLLISTER...INDIAN POINT...KIMBERLING CITY...KIRBYVILLE...
KISSEE MILLS...LAMPE...MERRIAM WOODS...OZARK BEACH...POWERSITE...
REEDS SPRING...RIDGEDALE...ROCKAWAY BEACH...SILVER DOLLAR CITY...
TABLE ROCK AND WALNUT SHADE.

THIS WARNING ALSO INCLUDES BULL SHOALS LAKE...TABLE ROCK LAKE AND
TABLE ROCK STATE PARK.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

TAKE COVER NOW. MOVE TO AN INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF A
STURDY BUILDING. AVOID WINDOWS. IF IN A MOBILE HOME...A VEHICLE OR
OUTDOORS...MOVE TO THE CLOSEST SUBSTANTIAL SHELTER AND PROTECT
YOURSELF FROM FLYING DEBRIS.

&&

LAT...LON 3650 9358 3665 9358 3691 9344 3685 9334
3682 9334 3682 9327 3668 9300 3650 9310
TIME...MOT...LOC 2212Z 217DEG 54KT 3654 9349

TORNADO...RADAR INDICATED
HAIL...1.00IN

$$

KARDELL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3066087
United States
01/29/2013 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
There have been 23 damaging wind reports, 14 hail reports, and a confirmed tornado so far today. The threat for severe weather is expected to progress eastward overnight, intensifying in the process as the main upper-level energy moves through. In a sense, the event has not even started yet.
Our forecast has went from "maybe just a few showers overnight" to severe t-storms with a torcon of 4 just since this morning. They don't know what they're talking about. I'm going to catch some zzz's now so I can be more alert after midnight when this crap is supposed to hit us. Just in case...Thanks for the updates.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
oh boy..east coast get ready for tomorrow etc..NAM [link to images.tbd.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nice couplet in southern Missouri [link to i.imgur.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2164937
United States
01/29/2013 05:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Any local TV channels covering these storms--streaming online?
Dr. AculaModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 281165
United States
01/29/2013 05:25 PM

Report Abusive Post
Hahahaha! Poor Dr. Acula...I feel ya on cowering jn the bad ones....ever since that tornado hit Arcanum, Oh I take NO CHANCES AT ALL! Me and niece had just gotten back from a Bengals- Lions football game in Cinci and on the way home the akywwas a wicked green/black- yellow color. We got hime cracked open a cpl of beers and began cleaning the house.
Less than 5 min into it we heard this massive very loud whistle that was vibrating and shaking rhe house...the long windows in rhe living room began sucking in and out and I looked at my niece Heidi and screamed " RUN TORNADO!!!!" We both ran for the hall closet and she's dragging her 75 lb humongous belgium shepherd " killian" into the closet with us....not 2 secinds after reaching the closet all 8 of my living room blew out everywhere with massive force!!
The tornado touched down right across rhe street from me completely leveling the massive barn. It somehow skipped my house and hit the house behindme sucking all exterior walls from the house. I had alot if damage to my home but nothing like the others had.
Once you hear the freight train sound ita too late to take cover....so olz do not stay out to watch it coming!!!
 Quoting: Little Miss Sunshine

shew damn! I would prolly have a heart attack lol

Last march that one was headed right for us... I was watching it on the dopplar and it was coming right for us... about .35th of a mile from us and barreling on...

He had no where to go... we live in a trailer... so I step outside... light up a cigarette... hands shaking... and just watch it... at the last minute it turned and we were spared...

I wish i wish i wish i had grabbed my camera... it was the craziest storm i ever seen... it was lighting so much it literally looked like a cloud of fire rolling through the skies...

reminded me of the movie independence day... when the aliens first arrived on earth... you know what i mean?

The one earlier in the day could be seen... but it didnt get as close...

it was scary... i've seen some bad storms in my day in my travels... but never had i seen that...

needless to say we got a shelter and in 4 seconds i can be from computer to the door of my shelter
lol

Last Edited by Dr. Acula on 01/29/2013 05:28 PM

drbat
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
AccuWeather.com‏@breakingweather

A severe storm capable of producing a tornado could impact Branson, MO within the next 40 mins. [link to ow.ly]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
FLOOD WATCH
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA
258 PM EST TUE JAN 29 2013

.A COLD FRONT WILL PUSH THROUGH CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA WEDNESDAY
AFTERNOON AND EVENING. HEAVY RAIN FROM SHOWERS AND SCATTERED
THUNDERSTORMS DUE TO THE FRONT COULD PRODUCE FLOODING AS THE
SHOWERS MOVE THROUGH. SNOW MELT WILL ALSO ADD TO THE STREAM RISES.
RIVER FLOODING IS THEN POSSIBLE INTO THURSDAY.

PAZ026>028-035-036-042-046-049>053-056>059-063>06 6-302000-
/O.NEW.KCTP.FA.A.0001.130130T1800Z-130201T0000Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000 Z.OO/
HUNTINGDON-MIFFLIN-JUNIATA-FULTON-FRANKLIN-SULLIV AN-
SOUTHERN LYCOMING-UNION-SNYDER-MONTOUR-NORTHUMBERLAND-COLUM BIA-
PERRY-DAUPHIN-SCHUYLKILL-LEBANON-CUMBERLAND-ADAMS -YORK-LANCASTER-
258 PM EST TUE JAN 29 2013

...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
THURSDAY EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE HAS ISSUED A

* FLOOD WATCH FOR A PORTION OF CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA...INCLUDING
THE FOLLOWING AREAS...ADAMS...COLUMBIA...CUMBERLAND...
DAUPHIN...FRANKLIN...FULTON...HUNTINGDON...JUNIATA ...
LANCASTER...LEBANON...MIFFLIN...MONTOUR...NORTHUMB ERLAND...
PERRY...SCHUYLKILL...SNYDER...SOUTHERN LYCOMING...SULLIVAN...
UNION AND YORK.

* FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING.

* HEAVY RAIN AND MELTING SNOW WILL PUSH SMALLER AREA WATERWAYS
HIGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING...AND THEN POSE A THREAT
FOR MINOR FLOODING ALONG THE LARGER CREEKS AND RIVERS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FLOOD WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING ON SMALL
STREAMS...CREEKS...POOR DRAINAGE...URBAN AND LOW-LYING AREAS
BASED ON CURRENT FORECASTS. RIVER FLOODING IS ALSO POSSIBLE.

YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE ALERT FOR POSSIBLE
FLOOD WARNINGS. THOSE LIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING SHOULD BE
PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLOODING DEVELOP.

&&

$$

DANGELO
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
MO tornado warning..........A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR WESTERN TANEY AND STONE
COUNTIES UNTIL 500 PM CST...

AT 418 PM CST...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO
WAS LOCATED 10 MILES SOUTH OF KIMBERLING CITY...AND MOVING NORTHEAST
AT 60 MPH.

HAZARD...DEVELOPING TORNADO AND QUARTER SIZE HAIL.

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION.

IMPACT...SIGNIFICANT HOUSE AND BUILDING DAMAGE POSSIBLE. MOBILE HOMES
COMPLETELY DESTROYED IF HIT. SOME TREES UPROOTED OR SNAPPED.
VEHICLES WILL LIKELY BE THROWN BY TORNADIC WINDS.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to radblast-aws.wunderground.com]
littlemiracles

User ID: 32798472
United States
01/29/2013 05:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Nice abi!
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
363. Bluestorm510:30 PM GMT em 29 de Janeiro de 2013

I'm having trouble spotting the rotation on GRLevel3. Hopefully the next couple of image will clear it up so I can locate the rotation. There's 80 knots marker up though at the border of Arkansas/Missouri just SW of Branson
Little Miss Sunshine

United States
01/29/2013 05:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Little Miss Sunshine

shew damn! I would prolly have a heart attack lol

Last march that one was headed right for us... I was watching it on the dopplar and it was coming right for us... about .35th of a mile from us and barreling on...

He had no where to go... we live in a trailer... so I step outside... light up a cigarette... hands shaking... and just watch it... at the last minute it turned and we were spared...

I wish i wish i wish i had grabbed my camera... it was the craziest storm i ever seen... it was lighting so much it literally looked like a cloud of fire rolling through the skies...

reminded me of the movie independence day... when the aliens first arrived on earth... you know what i mean?

The one earlier in the day could be seen... but it didnt get as close...

it was scary... i've seen some bad storms in my day in my travels... but never had i seen that...

needless to say we got a shelter and in 4 seconds i can be from computer to the door of my shelter
lol

Wow!! Thats crazzzy! When we lived in Houston we lived in a Big trailor while my parents were waiting for their home and we went thru hurricanes alan and alicia and that was NOOO place to be!! Then i went thru Hugo when stationed at Camp le Jeune. If i had to take mg pic tween hurricane or tornado to go thru again...kt wojld be close but i think i would choose a hurricand to go thru again. AHHHHHH!! "shit" .first you say it...then you DO IT!!!
WindyMind

User ID: 26518293
United States
01/29/2013 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nebraska has had a strange fog for a couple of days. I ran into roadblocks due to fog yesterday. Now the fog has lifted off of the ground but it is still there. I think it's weird. There is no wind which is unusual.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
i'm going now... stay safe everyone!hf
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Little Miss Sunshine

United States
01/29/2013 05:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

WOW!!! That does not look good. THANK YOU LOUIS FOR ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION TO PROTECTING THE LIVES OF YOUR FELLOW GLPer's!!!
Abi ~

United States
01/29/2013 06:11 PM

Report Abusive Post

ICY WINTER

ICY WINTER

ICY WINTER

MOON PIC AT NIGHT

TREE IN OUR WOODS WE CALL SQUIDWORD(had to be kid friendly)

JUST A BIG ASS CLOUD ;)

B&W SUN SHINING IN WOODS

RAINBOW CURTAIN IN WOODS

OK, I will stop, now..;) all of the pics I shared were taken on my cell phone.

Have no regrets~~~
Abi ~

United States
01/29/2013 06:12 PM

Report Abusive Post

Nice abi!
 Quoting: littlemiracles

Thank you! ;)

Have no regrets~~~
Dr. AculaModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 57108
United States
01/29/2013 06:21 PM

Report Abusive Post
i'm going now... stay safe everyone!hf

get some rest friend.
Have a good night!

Thank you for your dedication!

:al1:

Last Edited by Dr. Acula on 01/29/2013 06:21 PM

drbat
El Quisqueyano

User ID: 33104793
United States
01/29/2013 06:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Any idea what's in store for Franklin County Ohio? Thanks Luisport
Hardwired

User ID: 33072694
United States
01/29/2013 06:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
The storm cell is rolling through Chicago now. There is a marine advisory for Lake Michigan.
Lawlis

User ID: 25251084
United States
01/29/2013 06:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
The storm cell is rolling through Chicago now. There is a marine advisory for Lake Michigan.
 Quoting: Hardwired

About to head out into it.
ORDO AB CHAO
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17065583
United States
01/29/2013 07:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'll post if anything significant hits the Dayton area. Anyone else with me over here?

GLP