Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,871 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 989,278
Pageviews Today: 1,714,768Threads Today: 669Posts Today: 13,100
06:48 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

989 mb Explosively Developing Low over Chicago early Wed!!! TWO DEATHS CONFIRMED!!!! Compared with cleveland superbomb

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33219177
Portugal
01/28/2013 06:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: 989 mb Explosively Developing Low over Chicago early Wed!!! TWO DEATHS CONFIRMED!!!! Compared with cleveland superbomb

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTH CENTRAL NORTH
CAROLINA...NORTHWEST NORTH CAROLINA...CENTRAL VIRGINIA...SOUTH
CENTRAL VIRGINIA...SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA...WEST CENTRAL VIRGINIA AND
SOUTHEAST WEST VIRGINIA.

.DAY ONE...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT.

THE THREAT OF HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS LOW AT THIS TIME.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY.

A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL PASS ACROSS THE REGION ON WEDNESDAY
AFTERNOON AND EVENING...RESULTING IN GUSTY WINDS AND PERIODS OF
HEAVY RAIN. SATURATED GROUND FROM RECENT RAINFALL AND SNOWFALL
MAY LEAD TO MINOR RIVER FLOODING.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16845676
United States
01/28/2013 06:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: 989 mb Explosively Developing Low over Chicago early Wed!!! TWO DEATHS CONFIRMED!!!! Compared with cleveland superbomb
Thread: Jet stream winds are forecast to easily exceed 150 miles per hour

pray for us 2 hiding
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33219177
Portugal
01/28/2013 06:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
RyanMaueRyan Maue 23 m

Wednesday morning -- quite a mess but dividing line of frozen slop NW of Chicago. Blizzard (?) criteria [link to twitter.com]
Carol B.

User ID: 30598717
United States
01/28/2013 06:10 PM

Report Abusive Post
RyanMaueRyan Maue 23 m

Wednesday morning -- quite a mess but dividing line of frozen slop NW of Chicago. Blizzard (?) criteria [link to twitter.com]
 Quoting: Luisport

Well now, isn't tht just ducky! I'm about 70 NW of Chicago!redface
Prayer.....the world's first wireless connection.
besensible
User ID: 14214035
United States
01/28/2013 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Big Whoop=dee SH**
Wintertime.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32269999
United States
01/28/2013 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm very confused. Could you explain why what can only be assumed this storm would bring is not being reported at all for any locations which surely would see the effects? For instance, Chicago...looks like a very normal week on the 10 day forecast as does NE Ohio. Normally a near future storm of the magnitude you speak of would be all over the news. Why is this?
Vic-chick13

User ID: 2439198
Canada
01/28/2013 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the heads up Luisport! hf
Hoping we won't get hit too hard, fingers crossed.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1308215
United States
01/28/2013 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Dr. AculaModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 6860
United States
01/28/2013 07:08 PM

Report Abusive Post
I'm very confused. Could you explain why what can only be assumed this storm would bring is not being reported at all for any locations which surely would see the effects? For instance, Chicago...looks like a very normal week on the 10 day forecast as does NE Ohio. Normally a near future storm of the magnitude you speak of would be all over the news. Why is this?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32269999

Lex 18 Weather talked about it on the news here in KY tonight

drbat
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32269999
United States
01/28/2013 07:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
What, if anything, will NE Ohio experience?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18380705
United States
01/28/2013 08:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
What, if anything, will NE Ohio experience?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32269999

tornadoes, flash floods, hail, sleet, snow,lightning, power outage, freeway pile-ups, widespread general devestation,
empty store shelves,kaos and mass panic....

followed by house to house gun confiscation, martial law, red-tagged homes, bank forclosures
and cozy tent cities like they made for hurricane sandy refugees.

*not exclusive to ohio, several states will experience this.

good luck, and GOD BLESS.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4637200
United States
01/28/2013 08:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
The "Cleveland Superbomb" blasted portions of the Midwest with severe blizzard conditions, particularly in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio. The term "Superbomb" refers to the extremely low pressure (958 mb) this storm had as it passed near Cleveland, Ohio. A pressure this low is more typically seen in a hurricane.

Blog: Mike Bettes remembers the storm

Highways were clogged with stranded motorists and doctors and emergency personnel were forced to use skis and snowmobiles. The Indiana governor sent tanks onto I-65 to remove stranded trucks. In Ohio, the National Guard was called in to assist with the worst travel disruption ever seen in the state.

"Superbomb" Facts:

Snow totals of 1 to 3 feet were common throughout the region.

Wind gusts approached an amazing 100 mph in Ohio, which caused drifts to pile as high as 25 feet.

The enormous drifts buried cars and even houses while making railways and roadways impassable.

In Ohio, I-75 was shutdown for 3 days and a portion of I-475 near Toledo was closed for 6 days. The entire Ohio turnpike was closed for the first time in history. National Guard helicopters flew 2,700 missions across the state to rescue stranded motorists.

Widespread wind damage was reported across Ohio. Thousands of trees and miles of utility lines were blown down.

Around 100,000 vehicles were abandoned in Michigan alone, mostly in the southeast part of the state.

In Indianapolis, Ind., visibilities remained below 1/4 mile for 25 hours!

The combination of strong winds and a bitter cold air mass sent wind chills to near -50 degrees. Continued cold and strong winds after the snowfall ended hampered recovery operations.

Around 70 deaths are related to the blizzard.

[link to www.weather.com]

My father has told me stories about this storm. I was very young and sick and he had to walk to the pharmacy in this storm to get me medicine.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1260000
United States
01/28/2013 09:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
my local news just confirmed what you been saying Luisport.

10am (give or take) tomorrow that squall is coming through Kentucky

Karma pinned this
 Quoting: Dr. Acula

[link to www.spc.noaa.gov]

Can someone please decipher this info for me?

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1260000

its gonna fucking rain and thunder
Quoting: Dr. Acula

So eloquently put..

Tried to tell you.....I'm not so good with deciphering...
We also had a storm shelter built last year. Weather has been so unpredictable lately!
tiger1

User ID: 6269153
United States
01/28/2013 09:50 PM

Report Abusive Post
Here in Northwest Indiana, it has been rather nice today. I wore a sweatshirt to take out the dog for a walk. Tomorrow is predicted to be in the mid 60's.
When we had the whopper snowstorm in 1967, it was unusually warm for a couple of days before the temps bottomed out. NOTHING here was moving for a week.
Luis, what does it look like for Northwest Indiana for tomorrow and wednesday? I am 1 mile away from the Chicago line.

Last Edited by tiger1 on 01/28/2013 09:52 PM
Praise God from Whom all Blessings flow !!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28232375
United States
01/28/2013 10:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

It means what it says... a deep low storm from Detroit to Ontario, to Quebec... i'm shoked and speachless! shocked

storm we have storms all the time what makes this special..?
 Quoting: mimmsy

well Ryan Maue compares this storm with January 25-27, 1978 "Cleveland Superbomb"... [link to www.weather.com]

I see. not in focast tho ? scary what they don't warn about
 Quoting: mimmsy

In England/Wales this past weekend they just barely gave a few hours warning of the huge rain, wind, and flooding, even though it was on GLP days ahead of time.
Ralph--a house dog

User ID: 25802009
United States
01/28/2013 10:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Dang let's hope this doesn't turn for the worst here in the south. The ground is still saturated will not take a lot of wind to bring trees up by their roots. Thanks for keeping us informed.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 907170

yes this will be a tuff storm! But there are people giving me bad karma points acusing me to be fearmongering!

I was in Ohio during that '78 blizzard which had similar characteristics to what the weather service and other indicators are seeing in the upcoming storm. This forecast is NOT fearmongering.
"Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night.....Rage, rage against the dying of the light"-----Dylan Thomas

HIS NAME IS SETH RICH

[link to biblicalselfdefense.com]

[link to forum.1111ers.blog]

Always remember that "for the greater good" will not include YOU.

"Who decides?"
---Robert A. Heinlein

-'Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.'—Benjamin Franklin

[link to www.westcoasttruth.com]

The only thing worth paying full retail for is pantyhose.

You cannot do all of the good the world needs, but the world needs all of the good you can do.
thadividedsky

User ID: 32893969
United States
01/28/2013 10:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
looks like the northeast will dodge the bullet. :-)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31735474
United States
01/28/2013 11:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Luis is no fearmonger. He was spot on about hurricane Sandy and so many other things. When he speaks...listen!
:)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14089893
United States
01/28/2013 11:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Weather engineering at it's finest!! Aye?? When will we wake up?
eyeDR3

User ID: 5754707
United States
01/28/2013 11:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
3 inches of rain = ? Snow
:memorybanner:
Crazy Harriet

User ID: 16501830
United States
01/28/2013 11:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
3 inches of rain = ? Snow
 Quoting: eyeDR3

30 inches, more or less depending on how dry and fluffy the snow is or not.
"I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than risk peace in pursuit of politics." - Donald Trump
Crazy Harriet

User ID: 16501830
United States
01/28/2013 11:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Luisport, we owe you our thanks again.

Rock on!
"I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than risk peace in pursuit of politics." - Donald Trump
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/29/2013 12:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

Meh wouldn't get to chalked up about this event. Yeah there will be storms and all. This guy knows what he's talking about. You get all the bells and whistles. This guy knows his shit.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/29/2013 12:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26740915
United States
01/29/2013 12:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

Lol Dick Goddard still does weather...WoolyBear loving SOB
apiratewithadd

User ID: 29360382
United States
01/29/2013 01:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sitting here in south central Missouri waiting to see what happens. The rader is starting to light up west of me so things could get interesting really fast overnight.
Dr. AculaModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 6860
United States
01/29/2013 02:19 AM

Report Abusive Post
this dude is the chief meterologist at Lex18 NBC (Lexington, Ky)
he has a vid in the link below that talks about this system and hows its being developed and what its gonna do...

Its focused 90% on Kentucky cos thats where his weather area is...

but its a great way to see how this storm is being developed
he also talks about the coming cold

Michigan, Indiana, Ohio... its gonna get cold for you later on in the week..

I hate facebook
[link to www.facebook.com]
but the video is in that link
check it out if you can.

Last Edited by Dr. Acula on 01/29/2013 02:20 AM

drbat
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33257785
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

NCEP CFSv2 is a coupled climate model & in 10-day range, a decent forecast model for precip/temp e.g. 5-10 day precip [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

I'd expect severe t-storm or tornado watches along entire front Wed afternoon. Plenty of warmth in SE too [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

Earliest hours of Wednesday, NCEP WRF 5-km mesoscale model had nasty dual-squall line severe weather mess. Animation: [link to models.weatherbell.com]

GLP