Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,136 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 871,855
Pageviews Today: 1,551,731Threads Today: 659Posts Today: 11,657
05:47 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

989 mb Explosively Developing Low over Chicago early Wed!!! TWO DEATHS CONFIRMED!!!! Compared with cleveland superbomb

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33257785
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: 989 mb Explosively Developing Low over Chicago early Wed!!! TWO DEATHS CONFIRMED!!!! Compared with cleveland superbomb

Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

Then, < -30°F creeps into the Dakotas, 0°F to Chicago Friday morning. Frozen solid. [link to twitter.com]

4 hRyan Maue&#8207;@RyanMaue

NAM/WRF 4km really revs up the LLJ late Tuesday night into Wed, straight-line wind threat if mixes down in convection [link to models.weatherbell.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: 989 mb Explosively Developing Low over Chicago early Wed!!! TWO DEATHS CONFIRMED!!!! Compared with cleveland superbomb
SevereStudios&#8207;@severestudios

MAP: Area of greatest concern for damaging wind and tornadoes on TUESDAY night/overnight: [link to twitpic.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
AccuWeather.com&#8207;@breakingweather

Spotty thunderstorms now from northern Texas to Michigan. Where the strong storms are going today: [link to ow.ly]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to kamala.cod.edu] [link to kamala.cod.edu] [link to kamala.cod.edu]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to icons-ak.wunderground.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 05:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Didn't the great derecho from last year look something similar to this, horizontal band of t-storms?
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to icons.wunderground.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Weather Underground&#8207;@wunderground

"#Severe storms, flooding, and a cold air plunge on tap starting Tuesday", by @WunderAngela [link to wxug.us] #flood #severe
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12236592
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 06:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry OP don't mean to take the thread of topic but do you have any info on storm events around Europe because last night was windy as hell I weigh 10 stone and the wind was pushing me back slightly but enough to make a difference especially when the dog need taken out lol my mums garden looked like a bomb hit it this morning and apparently there is more to come.....

Her fence has been pulled from the fixings and it was glued and screwed in so any news buddy

cheers
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 0063
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
0959 PM CST MON JAN 28 2013

AREAS AFFECTED...CNTRL/ERN IA...NRN IL...FAR SRN WI

CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH UNLIKELY

VALID 290359Z - 290600Z

PROBABILITY OF WATCH ISSUANCE...5 PERCENT

SUMMARY...MOSTLY SMALL HAIL BUT ISOLATED HAIL TO 1 INCH IN DIAMETER
SHOULD PERSIST NEXT FEW HOURS WITHIN AN EXPANDING AREA OF ELEVATED
TSTMS DEVELOPING E/NEWD FROM THE I-80 CORRIDOR.

DISCUSSION...ROBUST LOW-LEVEL WARM THETA-E ADVECTION AIDED BY A 55
KT LLJ ACROSS THE MID-MO VALLEY WILL SUPPORT PERSISTENT ELEVATED
TSTM DEVELOPMENT N OF AN ARCING WARM FRONT ALONG THE MO/IA BORDER TO
SRN IL. MUCAPE WILL REMAIN WEAK WITH MODEST MID-LEVEL LAPSE RATES
AROUND 6.5 C/KM PER 00Z TOP RAOB. NEVERTHELESS...SUFFICIENT
CLOUD-BEARING SHEAR DOES EXIST FOR ORGANIZED MULTICELL CLUSTERS
CAPABLE OF PRODUCING ISOLATED MARGINALLY SEVERE HAIL.

..GRAMS/HART.. 01/29/2013
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 0062
0929 PM CST MON JAN 28 2013

AREAS AFFECTED...N-CNTRL OK

CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH POSSIBLE

VALID 290329Z - 290530Z

PROBABILITY OF WATCH ISSUANCE...40 PERCENT

SUMMARY...ISOLATED TSTMS MAY BE INITIATING WITHIN THE WARM/MOIST
SECTOR ACROSS CNTRL OK. ENVIRONMENT IS FAVORABLE FOR SUPERCELLS WITH
ALL SEVERE THREATS POSSIBLE.

DISCUSSION...A SHORT NNE TO SSW BAND OF ISOLATED SHOWERS HAS FORMED
IN THE PAST HALF HOUR FROM LOGAN TO NRN GRADY COUNTIES...E OF THE
SURFACE DRYLINE IN WRN OK. ALTHOUGH LARGE-SCALE ASCENT WAS NOT
ANTICIPATED TO STRENGTHEN SUBSTANTIALLY TILL AFTER 09Z PER MOST
MODEL GUIDANCE...IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THIS CONVECTION MAY BECOME
SUSTAINED AS WEAK MID-LEVEL HEIGHT FALLS OVERSPREAD THE REGION BY
06Z. EVENING FORECAST SOUNDINGS ALONG WITH MODIFIED 00Z OUN/LMN
RAOBS SUGGEST MODEST MLCAPE AND MID-LEVEL LAPSE RATES SHOULD PERSIST
AMIDST A HIGHLY FAVORABLE LOW/MID-LEVEL WIND PROFILE FOR UPDRAFT
ROTATION. THUS...IF CONVECTION CAN BECOME SUSTAINED...RISKS FOR
SEVERE HAIL/WIND AND A TORNADO OR TWO WOULD DEVELOP.

..GRAMS/HART.. 01/29/2013
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry OP don't mean to take the thread of topic but do you have any info on storm events around Europe because last night was windy as hell I weigh 10 stone and the wind was pushing me back slightly but enough to make a difference especially when the dog need taken out lol my mums garden looked like a bomb hit it this morning and apparently there is more to come.....

Her fence has been pulled from the fixings and it was glued and screwed in so any news buddy

cheers
 Quoting: Anderson_G

yes, but i give up to update my thread about uk storm... everyone bashing, acusing me of fearmongering, giving me red karma, etc!
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
TORNADO WATCH NUMBER 5
500 AM CST TUE JAN 29 2013

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A
TORNADO WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF

WESTERN AND CENTRAL OKLAHOMA
FAR NORTHWEST TEXAS

EFFECTIVE THIS TUESDAY MORNING FROM 500 AM UNTIL NOON CST.

TORNADOES...HAIL TO 1 INCH IN DIAMETER...THUNDERSTORM WIND GUSTS
TO 70 MPH...AND DANGEROUS LIGHTNING ARE POSSIBLE IN THESE AREAS.

THE TORNADO WATCH AREA IS APPROXIMATELY ALONG AND 60 STATUTE
MILES EAST AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 25 MILES SOUTHWEST OF FORT
SILL OKLAHOMA TO 20 MILES NORTH NORTHWEST OF PONCA CITY OKLAHOMA.
FOR A COMPLETE DEPICTION OF THE WATCH SEE THE ASSOCIATED WATCH
OUTLINE UPDATE (WOUS64 KWNS WOU5).

REMEMBER...A TORNADO WATCH MEANS CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR
TORNADOES AND SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS IN AND CLOSE TO THE WATCH
AREA. PERSONS IN THESE AREAS SHOULD BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR
THREATENING WEATHER CONDITIONS AND LISTEN FOR LATER STATEMENTS
AND POSSIBLE WARNINGS.

DISCUSSION...TSTMS HAVE RECENTLY INTENSIFIED ALONG THE DRYLINE OVER
WRN OK IN RESPONSE TO INCREASING HEIGHT FALLS ASSOCIATED WITH WRN
U.S. TROUGH. THESE STORMS ARE EXPECTED TO INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND
INTENSITY THIS MORNING AS LARGE-SCALE FORCING FOR ASCENT FURTHER
STRENGTHENS...AND AS LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE IS ENHANCED BY A
MIGRATORY SURFACE LOW DEVELOPING NEWD ACROSS THE WATCH AREA.
MODEL-DERIVED FORECAST SOUNDINGS INDICATE THAT BOUNDARY LAYER
DEWPOINTS IN THE LOWER 60S ARE CONTRIBUTING TO MLCAPE VALUES OF
500-1000 J/KG WITH LITTLE OR NO CONVECTIVE INHIBITION. WHEN COUPLED
WITH 60 KT OF EFFECTIVE BULK SHEAR AND EFFECTIVE SRH VALUES OF
300-350 M2/S2...THE ENVIRONMENT WILL SUPPORT SUPERCELLS AND BOWING
LINE SEGMENTS CAPABLE OF DAMAGING WINDS AND A FEW TORNADOES.

AVIATION...TORNADOES AND A FEW SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WITH HAIL
SURFACE AND ALOFT TO 1 INCH. EXTREME TURBULENCE AND SURFACE WIND
GUSTS TO 60 KNOTS. A FEW CUMULONIMBI WITH MAXIMUM TOPS TO 400.
MEAN STORM MOTION VECTOR 23045.

...MEAD
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
There are some crazy temperature differences in the nation's midsection this morning. For instance, Kansas City is currently at 69, which is roughly 30 degrees warmer than the day's average high. Meanwhile, Omaha, Nebraska--just 190 miles to the north--is at 34.

Bottom line: expect some fireworks today...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12236592
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 06:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

cheers

yes, but i give up to update my thread about uk storm... everyone bashing, acusing me of fearmongering, giving me red karma, etc!
 Quoting: Luisport

There will always be someone that thinks they know best from what I have seen from your threads you will state the condition of events for what they are then if it dies down you will say so your self,

you have been spot on with everything I have seen you post, and you simply wish to inform and its something you enjoy

I get posts like fear monger because 9 out 10 times my threads are about war its just something I enjoy and weather events is something you enjoy jealousy and lack of understanding and knowledge will always be in a person who puts you down

Keep up the good work buddy you a legend in this stuff as far as I'm concerned.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

cheers

There will always be someone that thinks they know best from what I have seen from your threads you will state the condition of events for what they are then if it dies down you will say so your self,

you have been spot on with everything I have seen you post, and you simply wish to inform and its something you enjoy

I get posts like fear monger because 9 out 10 times my threads are about war its just something I enjoy and weather events is something you enjoy jealousy and lack of understanding and knowledge will always be in a person who puts you down

Keep up the good work buddy you a legend in this stuff as far as I'm concerned.

by the way you see this?: Thread: 96-hr forecast has a major wind-storm / extratropical cyclone for France!!!
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
GFS at 48 hours... [link to weather.rap.ucar.edu]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33259444
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

The ice storm from earlier this week has moved off to sea. Here's a recap of the impacts: [link to ow.ly]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTHEAST ALABAMA...
SOUTHWEST AND SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA...AND THE FLORIDA BIG BEND
AND PANHANDLE...AND ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH
THURSDAY MORNING...

...SLIGHT RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ON WEDNESDAY...

...A MODERATE RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ALONG AREA BEACHES TODAY WITH A
HIGH RISK ON WEDNESDAY...

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT...
A FEW SHOWERS MAY DEVELOP TODAY WELL AHEAD OF A COLD FRONT. IT
WILL BE VERY WARM WITH TEMPERATURES AROUND 80 DEGREES MOST AREAS
THIS AFTERNOON. SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS WILL BEGIN TO
SPREAD FROM WEST TO EAST ACROSS THE AREA OVERNIGHT AS THE COLD
FRONT DRAWS CLOSER. WINDS OVER THE MARINE AREA WILL INCREASE TO
ADVISORY LEVELS LATE THIS EVENING AND OVERNIGHT. THERE IS A
MODERATE RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ALONG AREA BEACHES TODAY.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY...
A SQUALL LINE IS EXPECTED TO PUSH ACROSS THE TRI-STATE REGION ON
WEDNESDAY. THE SQUALL LINE WILL BE OVER THE FLORIDA PANHANDLE AND
SOUTHEAST BIG BEND IN THE LATE MORNING TO EARLY AFTERNOON AND THEN
ACROSS OUR GEORGIA AND BIG BEND ZONES FROM EARLY AFTERNOON INTO
THE EVENING. SOME OF THE STORMS COULD BE STRONG TO SEVERE. THE
PRIMARY SEVERE WEATHER THREAT WILL BE DAMAGING STRAIGHT LINE WINDS
BUT A TORNADO OR TWO CANNOT BE RULED OUT...ESPECIALLY OVER THE
FLORIDA PANHANDLE AND SOUTHEAST ALABAMA. WINDS OVER THE MARINE
AREA WILL REMAIN ELEVATED AT ADVISORY LEVELS THROUGH THURSDAY
MORNING. THERE IS A HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ALONG AREA BEACHES
WEDNESDAY. SEASONABLY COOLER AND MUCH DRIER AIR WILL ARRIVE
BEHIND THE FRONT THURSDAY AND CONTINUE INTO THE WEEKEND.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32648015
United States
01/29/2013 06:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
The "Cleveland Superbomb" blasted portions of the Midwest with severe blizzard conditions, particularly in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio. The term "Superbomb" refers to the extremely low pressure (958 mb) this storm had as it passed near Cleveland, Ohio. A pressure this low is more typically seen in a hurricane.

Blog: Mike Bettes remembers the storm

Highways were clogged with stranded motorists and doctors and emergency personnel were forced to use skis and snowmobiles. The Indiana governor sent tanks onto I-65 to remove stranded trucks. In Ohio, the National Guard was called in to assist with the worst travel disruption ever seen in the state.

"Superbomb" Facts:

Snow totals of 1 to 3 feet were common throughout the region.

Wind gusts approached an amazing 100 mph in Ohio, which caused drifts to pile as high as 25 feet.

The enormous drifts buried cars and even houses while making railways and roadways impassable.

In Ohio, I-75 was shutdown for 3 days and a portion of I-475 near Toledo was closed for 6 days. The entire Ohio turnpike was closed for the first time in history. National Guard helicopters flew 2,700 missions across the state to rescue stranded motorists.

Widespread wind damage was reported across Ohio. Thousands of trees and miles of utility lines were blown down.

Around 100,000 vehicles were abandoned in Michigan alone, mostly in the southeast part of the state.

In Indianapolis, Ind., visibilities remained below 1/4 mile for 25 hours!

The combination of strong winds and a bitter cold air mass sent wind chills to near -50 degrees. Continued cold and strong winds after the snowfall ended hampered recovery operations.

Around 70 deaths are related to the blizzard.

[link to www.weather.com]

That sounds like our typical winter day in Northern Michigan…

Seriously, I start every morning by checking the Radar and see if school was cancelled.

This morning, I saw colors I have never seen before. But, we have school so I've moved on ...
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Severe Weather Safety Tips
Tornado Safety

Take cover in a sturdy building.

The best place in a house/building is on the lowest floor and in an interior room. Basements, storm shelters, hallways, closets and bathrooms are great locations to go! Any room that is AWAY from windows!

Protect your head from flying debris. Blankets, pillows, sports/bike helmets, mattresses, cooking pots are all good things to use to protect your head, other than your hands.

Mobile homes are not safe shelters. Find a neighbor or friend to stay with in a sturdier structure. For a last resort, take shelter in a ditch.

Never outrun a tornado in a vehicle. Get out of the car and into a sturdy building. If none is around, lay flat in a ditch.

Highway overpasses are not safe shelters. Winds speed up as they funnel underneath the overpass creating a danger to those underneath, as well as debris flying around.

Make sure to have a NOAA Weather Radio with fresh batteries handy. Many times, severe weather can come through during the night or times when we least expect it. NOAA Weather Radio will alert you when a warning has been issued for your county.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

It hit -62ºF in Chicken, AK on Monday!
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
... A Severe Thunderstorm Warning remains in effect until 615 am CST
for southeastern Blaine... southwestern Kingfisher... extreme north
central Caddo and northwestern Canadian counties...

at 544 am CST... National Weather Service meteorologists detected a
severe thunderstorm capable of producing quarter size hail and
damaging winds in excess of 65 mph. This storm was located near
Greenfield... moving northeast at 65 mph.

Locations impacted include...
Kingfisher... Watonga... Geary... Okarche... Hitchcock... Greenfield...
Bridgeport... Loyal and Omega.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 06:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
36 hours..the time to prepare is NOW folks.... [link to weather.rap.ucar.edu]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 07:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

siren2siren2siren2
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 07:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTH CENTRAL NORTH
CAROLINA...NORTHWEST NORTH CAROLINA...CENTRAL VIRGINIA...SOUTH
CENTRAL VIRGINIA...SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA AND WEST CENTRAL VIRGINIA.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY.

A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH THE REGION WEDNESDAY
AFTERNOON AND EVENING. STRONG AND GUSTY SOUTHWEST WINDS ARE
EXPECTED IN ADVANCE OF THE FRONT THROUGH THE DAY WEDNESDAY. EVEN
STRONGER WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO ACCOMPANY A LINE OF SHOWERS THAT
WILL BE ASSOCIATED WITH THE FRONT...WITH SOME DAMAGING WINDS
GUSTS POSSIBLE. IN ADDITION...AVERAGE RAINFALL OF 1.5 INCHES IS
EXPECTED ACROSS MUCH OF THE AREA. THIS RAINFALL COMBINED WITH
RECENT HEAVY RAINFALL AND MELTED SNOWFALL MAY RESULT IN MINOR
FLOODING OF LOW-LYING AND FLOOD PRONE AREAS...AS WELL AS
CREEK...STREAM...AND EVENTUALLY LONGER TERM RIVER FLOODING.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

SPOTTER ACTIVATION MAY BE NEEDED WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING
FOR DAMAGING WINDS.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 07:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.spc.noaa.gov]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/29/2013 07:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Everybody in the Slight and Moderate risk areas pay attention to the weather this afternoon and evening. In addition to a high likelihood of extremely damaging winds all up and down the risk areas, there is a threat for tornadoes, some of which may be strong and long-lived, especially across the MDT. Though the Storm Prediction Center may be overdoing it a bit with a 15% hatched tornado probability, the potential definitely is there. [link to www.spc.noaa.gov]
Limpan

User ID: 1474973
Sweden
01/29/2013 07:45 AM

Report Abusive Post

siren2siren2siren2

Hi friend

Missed this one. Serious???

hf
wing-ed

User ID: 25814838
United States
01/29/2013 07:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Jan. 29th 6:45 am and 60 degrees in the Quad Cities ! WOW !! That's about 1 hour west of Chicago !!
Holy, holy,holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.Praise the one who gives you peace beyond all understanding Yes that scripture still sounds good !

GLP