A digestive system is irrefutable proof that there is no loving god

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11421136
New Zealand
01/27/2013 06:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
A digestive system is irrefutable proof that there is no loving god
No loving god would create an existence where their creations are dependent on a digestive system to survive. This is based on hunger, pain, suffering, killing, death. Life forms on this planet are forced to live this way. Doesn't sound like a very friendly creator to me.

An all-powerful being would have the means to create a universe where life forms would live in harmony and have no need for a digestive system, hence no dependence on food and water for survival, animals would not hurt or kill each other or live in fear if this was the case. But since that isn't our reality this is solid proof either god doesn't exist, or if this god does exist, then by creating such conditions shows how evil this deity all you brainwashed bibletards worship actually is.

Who in their right mind would consider this a loving god, can you be more delusional?

I'm not denying the possibility of other dimensions, but we are here in this one right now, So why was such a hostile dimension/existence created then? And why is life put here to endure it? Whichever way you put it, doesn't sound very friendly to me.

Animals (life forms) still slaughter each other to survive, that's not my definition of a free and loving creation, bibletard. And if you look down upon another living creature just because your own species is sentient and dominant then you're a deluded fool.

Let's make this clear:

THREAD NOT ABOUT HUMANS/BIBLE/HEAVEN, if your reply relates to any of this, you're just displaying your ignorance and can fuck off.

All bible quotes will be considered off topic spam and ignored. learn to think for yourself instead of letting someone elses book do it for you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33116434
United Kingdom
01/27/2013 06:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: A digestive system is irrefutable proof that there is no loving god
indeed, if god did create us in 'his' image, therefore he consumes other life to sustain 'his'
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32950311
United States
01/27/2013 06:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sooooo what is your explanation on how all of our body systems (which all work wonderfully together) came to be? Just a random ass explosion put all those healthy bacteria in your stomach and put acid makers in there and tubes and a blood system and all that jazz. It still amazes me that people still think this all just happened out of nothing. It makes no sense.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26184594
United States
01/27/2013 06:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
well, there is that sungazing shit. i mean if there is a god he gave us free will, and that free will kind of led us to our own evolution. If us as humans, over millions and billions of years, slowly just stopped eating less and less and less, and only bred with the ones who were best with the least food, maybe we could evolve to not even need food.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
New Zealand
01/27/2013 06:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sooooo what is your explanation on how all of our body systems (which all work wonderfully together) came to be? Just a random ass explosion put all those healthy bacteria in your stomach and put acid makers in there and tubes and a blood system and all that jazz. It still amazes me that people still think this all just happened out of nothing. It makes no sense.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32950311

I'm not confirming or denying this all happened out of nothing. I'm saying if it was intelligently designed to be this specific way, there's nothing loving about it.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/27/2013 06:33 AM
Report Abusive Post

I'm not confirming or denying this all happened out of nothing. I'm saying if it was intelligently designed to be this specific way, there's nothing loving about it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11421136

i love to eat pork..
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/27/2013 06:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
i also love lamp
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/27/2013 06:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
How would you propose to grow cells without nourishment? This is kind of a ridiculous topic, but I'm willing to engage you. Have you studied any biology whatsoever, much less biochemistry? How could a being without cells have continuity of Self?

What are you proposing, beings of pure energy? Is that your litmus test for a proper creation by a benevolent god?

The differentiation of cells is what allows specialization of tissue to occur. That can't happen with nourishment.

Food is consumed by all life, even simple plants that use their roots to absorb nutrients from the soil.

Are you asking for a barren world devoid of the diversity of species? For without the array of creatures to live and die and so form soil or serve as nutrition for other species, there is no food chain.

Even if a being of energy were possible, how would it maintain cohesiveness? How would it grow? What would limit its growth if not bound?

The topic seems very ilogical.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 06:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
indeed, if god did create us in 'his' image, therefore he consumes other life to sustain 'his'
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33116434

Explain the basis for a Supreme Being needing nourishment. If a being is all powerful, then God possesses all that God needs. To need nourishment would be a weakness and hence breaks the definition. As such, it's illogical.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
New Zealand
01/27/2013 06:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
How would you propose to grow cells without nourishment? This is kind of a ridiculous topic, but I'm willing to engage you. Have you studied any biology whatsoever, much less biochemistry? How could a being without cells have continuity of Self?

What are you proposing, beings of pure energy? Is that your litmus test for a proper creation by a benevolent god?

The differentiation of cells is what allows specialization of tissue to occur. That can't happen with nourishment.

Food is consumed by all life, even simple plants that use their roots to absorb nutrients from the soil.

Are you asking for a barren world devoid of the diversity of species? For without the array of creatures to live and die and so form soil or serve as nutrition for other species, there is no food chain.

Even if a being of energy were possible, how would it maintain cohesiveness? How would it grow? What would limit its growth if not bound?

Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

Surely a god with unlimited power over the universe can find a way to create a diverse amount of species that didn't involve the food chain? Or are you saying your god is limited?
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/27/2013 06:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

Explain the basis for a Supreme Being needing nourishment. If a being is all powerful, then God possesses all that God needs. To need nourishment would be a weakness and hence breaks the definition. As such, it's illogical.

lies?
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 06:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

Well since you're automatically excluding the bible, idk how much this would be worth to you. But we weren't originally made to eat other animals. Just fruits and veggies and the sort. It's true. That was a while back and society today has been conditioned for a while now to eat meat.
I truly believe that we weren't supposed to eat meat, but we were given free will after all. I think our loving God made food and sustenance for fuel, and for us to be thankful. Food tastes fucking great wouldn't you agree? Yeah you can say that if we didn't need it then it wouldn't matter. But here we are. Man is to blame for societies problems like hunger etc etc. It's all part of the fall of mankind.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
New Zealand
01/27/2013 06:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

Well since you're automatically excluding the bible, idk how much this would be worth to you. But we weren't originally made to eat other animals. Just fruits and veggies and the sort. It's true. That was a while back and society today has been conditioned for a while now to eat meat.
I truly believe that we weren't supposed to eat meat, but we were given free will after all. I think our loving God made food and sustenance for fuel, and for us to be thankful. Food tastes fucking great wouldn't you agree? Yeah you can say that if we didn't need it then it wouldn't matter. But here we are. Man is to blame for societies problems like hunger etc etc. It's all part of the fall of mankind.

You are relating something much more profound to mere humans. What you're saying is equivalent to saying society conditioned animals to eat each other.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 06:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well things were way different than the times we are living now. I hold a biblical worldview and you're outright denying that completely closing your mind off to it. So my point of view will most likely be brushed off anyways.
But before the fall of man, no animals ate meat and lived off vegetation. I imagine that after the flood is when a drastic change occurred in the way that ecosystems operate.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 06:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

Surely a god with unlimited power over the universe can find a way to create a diverse amount of species that didn't involve the food chain? Or are you saying your god is limited?

Quite the contrary. I'm saying your idea is limited and illogical. You still haven't proposed a lifeform that didn't need nourishment. You didn't study Biology did you?

I'm quite surprised at some of the posts that literally whine about theoretical things, and yet don't pose a solution. In this case, this form of debate is academic as it's impossible to realize, and yet you fail to do the most basic aspects of debating as well as failing to enter into a dialectic with others. You merely complain. It's rather boring, but minorly amusing at 6 am to watch someone rail against what cannot be changed.

Would you like superpowers too? It's like talking to a child.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 07:02 AM
rampup

User ID: 33114519
Germany
01/27/2013 07:02 AM
Report Abusive Post

How does this it play out if man uses his free will to reject the existence of god? Or man decides to use it to supersede god. There you have it, free will with its pitfall. So free will must have its limits to be subjugated to whatever created it. As to the Op, it could be argued that an intelligent god could not devise such a system especially in the light of most problems of humans coming from there. I dont know about evolution but man before creation was first on the lab table. There are even parts of man like the appendix which has no known function.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1409758
United States
01/27/2013 07:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quite the contrary. I'm saying your idea is limited and illogical. You still haven't proposed a lifeform that didn't need nourishment. You didn't study Biology did you?

I'm quite surprised at some of the posts that literally whine about theoretical things, and yet don't pose a solution. In this case, this form of debate is academic as it's impossible to realize, and yet you fail to do the most basic aspects of debating as well as failing to enter into a dialectic with others. You merely complain. It's rather boring, but minorly amusing at 6 am to watch someone rail against what cannot be changed.

Dude, you're missing OPs point. If there a LOVING God created this system, then why the need to eat to survive?

The fact that animals must consume food to survive does not allow for a "loving" environment, but instead an environment of competition.

So, either God does not exist or God is not loving. Pretty simple shit if you'd just take the time to analyze instead of puffing and huffing your point without consideration of the original topic.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
New Zealand
01/27/2013 07:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

cruise Are you serious?

Now you're just trolling. I didn't create the universe you can't expect me to provide you with solutions, moron. I'm pointing out logical observations about your bullshit idea of a loving god.

Wow, the fail is strong with this one.
putin
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30672676
United Kingdom
01/27/2013 07:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

I think it's safe to say that God is a foodie... He loves him some lamb, pork, and fish.

God told the ancient Isrealites burn stuff cos it smells good...

Creationists ssay that if you do the math the odds of evolution occurring are about the same as a tornado hitting a junk yard and making a 747.

Those odds are further compounded by the fact that new scientist recently had an article stating that adenine, guanine and uracil were all extraterrestrial in nature and couldn't form on Earth.

So how does evolution work again?
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 07:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

How does this it play out if man uses his free will to reject the existence of god? Or man decides to use it to supersede god. There you have it, free will with its pitfall. So free will must have its limits to be subjugated to whatever created it. As to the Op, it could be argued that an intelligent god could not devise such a system especially in the light of most problems of humans coming from there. I dont know about evolution but man before creation was first on the lab table. There are even parts of man like the appendix which has no known function.
 Quoting: rampup

First off, the appendix has a function.
And yeah it's your free will to reject God. Nowhere saying you arent able to do so. And of course we are limited to whatever created us. But we were created with our own wills and ability to reason. Which is why you see many differing opinions. I'm not sure I understand your point on free will. Do you think God would create us able to supersede him? Nothing supersedes him, he is the source of life, it wouldn't make sense if creation could supersede creator.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26237455
United States
01/27/2013 07:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
We are a perfect amazing intelligent design

I hear what you're saying op, but until you can design and build a better one....wait we are almost there....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30672676
United Kingdom
01/27/2013 07:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

cruise Are you serious?

Now you're just trolling. I didn't create the universe you can't expect me to provide you with solutions, moron. I'm pointing out logical observations about your bullshit idea of a loving god.

Wow, the fail is strong with this one.
putin

Sorry OP but when you debate something you need to provide a conlusion and evidence to back up your conclusion. Evan at TAFE level if you make stuff up or don't have evidence you fail...

You need to research your subject, form a hypothesis collect evidence to support your hypothesis. And my personal favourite finding evidence that refutes your hypothesis and figure out a way to make sure your hypothesis can survive debate by structuring your hypothesis in a way that does not reveal or negates the flaw in your hypothesis.

Simply saying, "I don't know." loses the debate.

You should say others fail when you "smurf" up!

Better luck next time.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 07:30 AM
Report Abusive Post

Dude, you're missing OPs point. If there a LOVING God created this system, then why the need to eat to survive?

The fact that animals must consume food to survive does not allow for a "loving" environment, but instead an environment of competition.

So, either God does not exist or God is not loving. Pretty simple shit if you'd just take the time to analyze instead of puffing and huffing your point without consideration of the original topic.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1409758

No, I'm making fun of him. One could easily turn this into a logical discourse on say alternative logical lifeforms and the atheist perspective on poor engineering in Humanity as well as the connected ecosystem of the Earth.

But so far, it's merely bellyaching! TOO FUNNY!

You need some help. There's tons of videos by Neil deGrasse Tyson which discuss what I bolded above. Those are both humorous as well as logical discussions on a lack of intelligent design. I suggest you listen to some.

You see, it's not me trying to persuade you about a belief in God. I could care less. I don't want to convince you because of Free Will.

Instead let's focus and actually debate how an ideal lifeform would exist. That would be interesting, but unless you understand some basic Engineering or Metabolism or Biology in general, then we won't have proper frames of reference.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 07:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm going to help you, because I feel charitable.

This at least is a real look at the design "flaws that Mr. Tyson sees in the Universe. I think this is what you're aiming for...isn't it?

I don't subscribe to it by the way, obviously we are wonderfully wrought in such a creative fashion. My study of the basic biology, chemistry, physics, but then advanced graduate courses in anatomy, histology, physiology, biochemistry, patholgy, etc all show me what a beautiful elegant intricately wonderous aspect there is to the Earth and Creation!

Then having studied the humanities of art, literature, philosophy, religion, etc how even more aware I am of the joy of Creation.

Hamlet:
Madam, how like you this play?

Queen:
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Hamlet by William Shakespeare

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 07:40 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5403741
United States
01/27/2013 07:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Who gives a shit? Were here.
rampup

User ID: 33114519
Germany
01/27/2013 07:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

And yeah it's your free will to reject God. Nowhere saying you arent able to do so. And of course we are limited to whatever created us. But we were created with our own wills and ability to reason. Which is why you see many differing opinions. I'm not sure I understand your point on free will. Do you think God would create us able to supersede him? Nothing supersedes him, he is the source of life, it wouldn't make sense if creation could supersede creator.

The point I`m getting across is that free will could just be a delusion. We are on this rock not by our choice, free will or no, we can´t change a thing. It has been so with all the civilizations that were before us. Its only a matter of time that future generations would be digging up artifacts about us. Hope you get it this time.

User ID: 28709102
United States
01/27/2013 07:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
No loving god would create an existence where their creations are dependent on a digestive system to survive. This is based on hunger, pain, suffering, killing, death. Life forms on this planet are forced to live this way. Doesn't sound like a very friendly creator to me.

An all-powerful being would have the means to create a universe where life forms would live in harmony and have no need for a digestive system, hence no dependence on food and water for survival, animals would not hurt or kill each other or live in fear if this was the case. But since that isn't our reality this is solid proof either god doesn't exist, or if this god does exist, then by creating such conditions shows how evil this deity all you brainwashed bibletards worship actually is.

Who in their right mind would consider this a loving god, can you be more delusional?

I'm not denying the possibility of other dimensions, but we are here in this one right now, So why was such a hostile dimension/existence created then? And why is life put here to endure it? Whichever way you put it, doesn't sound very friendly to me.

Animals (life forms) still slaughter each other to survive, that's not my definition of a free and loving creation, bibletard. And if you look down upon another living creature just because your own species is sentient and dominant then you're a deluded fool.

Let's make this clear:

THREAD NOT ABOUT HUMANS/BIBLE/HEAVEN, if your reply relates to any of this, you're just displaying your ignorance and can fuck off.

All bible quotes will be considered off topic spam and ignored. learn to think for yourself instead of letting someone elses book do it for you.

So, because the entire universe is not up to what you want it to be.....there is no GOD? Because it is not the way you would have done it, it is flawed?

I can't tell you how grateful I am for you being so much more than GOD!
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 07:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

The point I`m getting across is that free will could just be a delusion. We are on this rock not by our choice, free will or no, we can´t change a thing. It has been so with all the civilizations that were before us. Its only a matter of time that future generations would be digging up artifacts about us. Hope you get it this time.

You're right, humans are here and that ain't changing anytime soon. But we do have free will, limited yes, but we can do anything our bodies can handle, our voices can say, our minds think, all freely. Nobody told you to write out anything. You did.
Now, since we are here and there isn't any changing to that, shouldn't we be doing are best to find out the meaning of this complexity we call existence? We are created beings. If you deny the evolution standpoint, then you have to understand that nothing cant beget intelligence. Intelligence begets intelligence. So to think, we are personal, intelligent, creative beings with so much potential. Wouldn't the source of this creation have to be more intelligent than us?
The Guy

User ID: 5145260
United States
01/27/2013 07:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
No, you're only saying how you would do it if you were in charge, and I don't think your way would work. You said no Bible verses, so I won't quote, but I trust you know the story of Eden. That was a world with no death, suffering, or struggle. It didn't last.
It's good to be open-minded, just don't let your brain fall out.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33082942
Australia
01/27/2013 08:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Someone once told me "logically, if god exists then he must be a psychopath".
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 08:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Someone once told me "logically, if god exists then he must be a psychopath".
 Quoting: quetzal

What would any creature imagine about a larger creature with more consciousness than themselves?

The fact remains that what you're thinking is the "natural man" not a Christian.

Let's get back to the topic, for there's a possiblity of salvaging this. So far, I think I'm one of the few to present evidence of the OP assertions, which is sad and pathetic, isn't it?

I could argue either way in debate or the pursuit of Truth by reason (dialectic). Debates are often mere weak attempts at logic by persuasion. Even that would be preferrable to one-liners about psychopathic gods.

GLP