A digestive system is irrefutable proof that there is no loving god

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12546839
United Kingdom
01/27/2013 08:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: A digestive system is irrefutable proof that there is no loving god
There is no god, if you accept this just move on. You will never convince the unevolved to believe this, and it will just annoy you to try.

Just feel a bit sorry for them, and live the best life you can.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23836182
United States
01/27/2013 08:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
You said yourself, beings of pure energy. Sure, that would be one option.

Another would be beings that get their necessary energy from sunlight and water only. That would be a more loving arrangement.

Better to stick with just sunlight though, as water is a limited resource and will just lead to people fighting over it when it is scarce.

Better yet, how about sunlight and nitrogen, freely available in the air.

People who can only come to one conclusion, that we must have been created by an omnipotent, omniscient being have absolutely no imagination. Can only believe what others before them have believed.
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/27/2013 08:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

Another would be beings that get their necessary energy from sunlight and water only. That would be a more loving arrangement.

Better to stick with just sunlight though, as water is a limited resource and will just lead to people fighting over it when it is scarce.

People who can only come to one conclusion, that we must have been created by an omnipotent, omniscient being have absolutely no imagination. Can only believe what others before them have believed.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23836182

Yes, but issues. Energy is boundless. It dissipates. How to propose to stop that from happening? I thought about it. I can't imagine a means of doing so. You could be like a capacitor, but how to create the differentiation of the parts? Those parts would need chemicals to form into structures and would have to be deposited by some form of absorbtion. It's just like eating, for all chemical processes result in waste products and so excretion.

Euglena use sunlight.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

They're autotrophs but also ingest, so fail. Their bodies are extemely limited, so unless you'd like being a unicellular organism, then nope.

All life uses water in some form. You need a process of creating and maintaining water. You need a process that removes any cellular wastes deposited by dying species. We have species that do that trick.

An energy being would die and release their energy. Usually a release of energy is difficult to control. It could cause the death of other energy creatures. It seems implausible based upon physics.

In order to use sunlight, requires structures like chloroplasts, and these require other organic compounds, so again you need metabolism and digestion.

To use nitrogen, for what purpose? Breathing? If so, you need respiration, and that always produces cellular wastes and by product gases, and therefore you need metabolism and digestion, as well as circulation, and specialization. Nope...fail.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 08:31 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29651318
United States
01/27/2013 08:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
No loving god would create an existence where their creations are dependent on a digestive system to survive. This is based on hunger, pain, suffering, killing, death. Life forms on this planet are forced to live this way. Doesn't sound like a very friendly creator to me.

An all-powerful being would have the means to create a universe where life forms would live in harmony and have no need for a digestive system, hence no dependence on food and water for survival, animals would not hurt or kill each other or live in fear if this was the case. But since that isn't our reality this is solid proof either god doesn't exist, or if this god does exist, then by creating such conditions shows how evil this deity all you brainwashed bibletards worship actually is.

Who in their right mind would consider this a loving god, can you be more delusional?

I'm not denying the possibility of other dimensions, but we are here in this one right now, So why was such a hostile dimension/existence created then? And why is life put here to endure it? Whichever way you put it, doesn't sound very friendly to me.

Animals (life forms) still slaughter each other to survive, that's not my definition of a free and loving creation, bibletard. And if you look down upon another living creature just because your own species is sentient and dominant then you're a deluded fool.

Let's make this clear:

THREAD NOT ABOUT HUMANS/BIBLE/HEAVEN, if your reply relates to any of this, you're just displaying your ignorance and can fuck off.

All bible quotes will be considered off topic spam and ignored. learn to think for yourself instead of letting someone elses book do it for you.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11421136

Gotta love trolls who not only pull a wacky unprovable religious assertion out of their ass, but then tell future commenters how they can and cannot reply to it. Control freak much?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24009796
United States
01/27/2013 09:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
If God had covered us with solar cells we would curse the darkness. Is that any better?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30672676
United Kingdom
01/27/2013 09:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

Not quite, there are things of nearly pure energy we call them stars but it would be boring to be a star.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18354796
United States
01/27/2013 09:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
indeed, if god did create us in 'his' image, therefore he consumes other life to sustain 'his'
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33116434

A Jack Kirby creation springs to mind...
[link to marvel.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1184364
United States
01/27/2013 09:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
:Idiotism:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26820407
United States
01/27/2013 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
...we weren't originally made to eat other animals. Just fruits and veggies and the sort.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32950311

absolutely false and incorrect. veganism has only been possible since the advent of surplus farming of crops; which really only came to the fore in the last couple hundred years.

our previous 230,000 years on the planet were spent eating small animals, and forage. we have been meat eaters all along.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3560831
United States
01/27/2013 09:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
let me get this straight: Digestive system ='solid proof that God does not exist'

Wow! What an ingenious theory. You should be proud of yourself. Thanks for wasting our time.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30672676
United Kingdom
01/27/2013 09:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
:Idiotism:
 Quoting: Nemamiah

I'm convinced...
scimitar

User ID: 29346246
United States
01/27/2013 09:44 AM

Report Abusive Post
Perhaps it was not possible to create another kind of physical creature due to a rules based environment.

If the only guarantee in this existence is that eventually one will suffer it may well be a primary purpose for the spiritual self to know the physical realm.

One difficulty I have in the common perception of God is that many consider God to be a self-contained entity....... such as ourselves. This to me is ludicrous. In a way we are all a tiny piece of God, including all atoms of matter, basically Energy and a place for it to exist IS God.

No human is endowed with any Rights from God or elsewhere. We are all given opportunities, many are lucky enough to enjoy varying levels of freedom and privileges.

I think we should realize that a beating heart is not important, the spiritual heart is what's important.

Well that's about enough of my broken rambling.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Day
Ominous regressions
One Truth... many realities
SpaceCommand

User ID: 1009022
United States
01/27/2013 09:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
No loving god would create an existence where their creations are dependent on a digestive system to survive. This is based on hunger, pain, suffering, killing, death. Life forms on this planet are forced to live this way. Doesn't sound like a very friendly creator to me.

An all-powerful being would have the means to create a universe where life forms would live in harmony and have no need for a digestive system, hence no dependence on food and water for survival, animals would not hurt or kill each other or live in fear if this was the case. But since that isn't our reality this is solid proof either god doesn't exist, or if this god does exist, then by creating such conditions shows how evil this deity all you brainwashed bibletards worship actually is.

Who in their right mind would consider this a loving god, can you be more delusional?

I'm not denying the possibility of other dimensions, but we are here in this one right now, So why was such a hostile dimension/existence created then? And why is life put here to endure it? Whichever way you put it, doesn't sound very friendly to me.

Animals (life forms) still slaughter each other to survive, that's not my definition of a free and loving creation, bibletard. And if you look down upon another living creature just because your own species is sentient and dominant then you're a deluded fool.

Let's make this clear:

THREAD NOT ABOUT HUMANS/BIBLE/HEAVEN, if your reply relates to any of this, you're just displaying your ignorance and can fuck off.

All bible quotes will be considered off topic spam and ignored. learn to think for yourself instead of letting someone elses book do it for you.

Look at the entire living creature, and all its parts, kidneys, intestines, eyes, ears, and brain. It takes all of these things working together for you to think and to write these things. All of us living on the earth have this way of life. It is the fullest dimension of existence. Try living without pain, and you would be like a leper, dissolving yourself with each unattended bump. No hunger? No enjoyment of food. No suffering? No relief from it. No death, no digestive system? Try living on a world with thousand pound blobs of shit exploding and resurrecting! No butt, no relief. The problem with your argument is nothing exists to compare it, unless you fathom a sterile android existence.

chuckle

Last Edited by SpaceCommand on 01/27/2013 09:53 AM
"With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony and the deep power of joy, we see into the life of things." William Wordsworth

And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe—the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God.

John F. Kennedy Inaugural Address

Lincoln's economic advisor Henry C. Carey explained the universal issue in his 1851 Harmony of Interests:

"Two systems are before the world.... One looks to pauperism, ignorance, depopulation, and barbarism; the other to increasing wealth, comfort, intelligence, combination of action, and civilization. One looks towards universal war; the other towards universal peace. One is the English system; the other ... the American system, for ... elevating while equalizing the condition of man throughout the world."

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20754036
New Zealand
01/27/2013 09:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oh Mother! having stationed the fire element in your Svadhishthana cakra, I praise uninterruptedly that fire of dissolution and that great Samayaa. The sight of which, impelled by the great anger, burns the worlds, while that look of yours, tender with compassion effects a cooling remedy.

"This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33122080
United States
01/27/2013 09:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
...we weren't originally made to eat other animals. Just fruits and veggies and the sort.

absolutely false and incorrect. veganism has only been possible since the advent of surplus farming of crops; which really only came to the fore in the last couple hundred years.

our previous 230,000 years on the planet were spent eating small animals, and forage. we have been meat eaters all along.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26820407

Well I believe we were created to not eat other animals. Simple. But you probably don't adhere to a biblical worldview so there are many things that we don't agree with. But you saying "absolutely false and incorrect"
Are you "absolutely" sure?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26237455
United States
01/27/2013 09:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Perhaps it was not possible to create another kind of physical creature due to a rules based environment.

If the only guarantee in this existence is that eventually one will suffer it may well be a primary purpose for the spiritual self to know the physical realm.

One difficulty I have in the common perception of God is that many consider God to be a self-contained entity....... such as ourselves. This to me is ludicrous. In a way we are all a tiny piece of God, including all atoms of matter, basically Energy and a place for it to exist IS God.

No human is endowed with any Rights from God or elsewhere. We are all given opportunities, many are lucky enough to enjoy varying levels of freedom and privileges.

I think we should realize that a beating heart is not important, the spiritual heart is what's important.

Quoting: scimitar

this is beautiful, thank you

hf
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 10:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

Let's make this clear:

Gotta love trolls who not only pull a wacky unprovable religious assertion out of their ass, but then tell future commenters how they can and cannot reply to it. Control freak much?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29651318

You're so correct! You're hitting the nail on the head.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 10:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: scimitar

Scimitar, you sound like a pantheist.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Spinoza on pantheism:
"All quotes are from Spinoza, Ethics, translated by R. H. Elwes.
Nothing exists but God

God is one, that is, only one substance can be granted in the universe. [I.14]

Whatsoever is, is in God, and without God nothing can be, or be conceived. {I.15]

God is the indwelling and not the transient cause of all things. All things which are, are in God. Besides God there can be no substance, that is, nothing in itself external to God. [I.17]

God is the force preserving things in existence

Although each particular thing be conditioned by another particular thing to exist in a given way, yet the force whereby each particular thing perseveres in existing follows from the eternal necessity of God's nature. [ii.45]

Individual things are expressions of the attributes of God

Individual things are nothing but modifications of the attributes of God, or modes by which the attributes of God are expressed in a fixed and definite manner. [i.25.]"
[link to www.pantheism.net]

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 10:16 AM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 10:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

Not quite, there are things of nearly pure energy we call them stars but it would be boring to be a star.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30672676

Actually that's not quite true. While a star produces an enormous of energy, it's largely composed of hydrogen and helium and through fusion and chemical processes it produces other elements. It could be said to consume and as such is undergoing a kind of self-annihilation over time.
[link to imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov]

While the Gaia Hypothesis posits the potential for an entity to exist as a planet, and while it's theoretical for a star to also be an entity as well, so far we have no proof of such ideas.

And still, who is to say that God didn't create those as beings too? Who knows? However it would be a lonely life so isolated from other beings of that size.

We do know that each of the planets produces frequencies which have been interpreted this way:

Maybe they're singing?

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 10:23 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31635984
United States
01/27/2013 10:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sooooo what is your explanation on how all of our body systems (which all work wonderfully together) came to be? Just a random ass explosion put all those healthy bacteria in your stomach and put acid makers in there and tubes and a blood system and all that jazz. It still amazes me that people still think this all just happened out of nothing. It makes no sense.

How does in not make sense? It is not different than saying God just is, just was and will always be!God just happened from nowhere oh wait never happened he has no beginning or end what?!?!?!?!?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7244743
United States
01/27/2013 10:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Op, to live a life free of dependencies, we have to be tested in a world with dependencies. This earth and the bodies we dwell in serve a very important purpose the way they were designed and it is to see how you behave in a dualistic existence.

We are here to learn compassion for one another, and there is no compassion if there is no lack and if there is no suffering. The have's must give to the have not's in order to make this work. As a species we are reliant on each other to survive. So do you think only of yourself or do you think also of your fellow man?

Privileges are earned not given. Perfected "bodies" are to be earned, not just given. Kind of like in a video game where the idea is to pass certain levels to earn better stuff.

I am both fascinated by these bodies and disgusted by them, so I know where you are coming from. However, I also know the greater purpose.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30776650
Malaysia
01/27/2013 11:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

Surely a god with unlimited power over the universe can find a way to create a diverse amount of species that didn't involve the food chain? Or are you saying your god is limited?

Quite the contrary. I'm saying your idea is limited and illogical. You still haven't proposed a lifeform that didn't need nourishment. You didn't study Biology did you?

I'm quite surprised at some of the posts that literally whine about theoretical things, and yet don't pose a solution. In this case, this form of debate is academic as it's impossible to realize, and yet you fail to do the most basic aspects of debating as well as failing to enter into a dialectic with others. You merely complain. It's rather boring, but minorly amusing at 6 am to watch someone rail against what cannot be changed.

Would you like superpowers too? It's like talking to a child.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

Surely a god with unlimited power over the universe can find a way to create a diverse amount of species that didn't involve the food chain? Or are you saying your god is limited?

Quite the contrary. I'm saying your idea is limited and illogical. You still haven't proposed a lifeform that didn't need nourishment. You didn't study Biology did you?

I'm quite surprised at some of the posts that literally whine about theoretical things, and yet don't pose a solution. In this case, this form of debate is academic as it's impossible to realize, and yet you fail to do the most basic aspects of debating as well as failing to enter into a dialectic with others. You merely complain. It's rather boring, but minorly amusing at 6 am to watch someone rail against what cannot be changed.

Would you like superpowers too? It's like talking to a child.

Dude, you're missing OPs point. If there a LOVING God created this system, then why the need to eat to survive?

The fact that animals must consume food to survive does not allow for a "loving" environment, but instead an environment of competition.

So, either God does not exist or God is not loving. Pretty simple shit if you'd just take the time to analyze instead of puffing and huffing your point without consideration of the original topic.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1409758

No, I'm making fun of him. One could easily turn this into a logical discourse on say alternative logical lifeforms and the atheist perspective on poor engineering in Humanity as well as the connected ecosystem of the Earth.

But so far, it's merely bellyaching! TOO FUNNY!

You need some help. There's tons of videos by Neil deGrasse Tyson which discuss what I bolded above. Those are both humorous as well as logical discussions on a lack of intelligent design. I suggest you listen to some.

You see, it's not me trying to persuade you about a belief in God. I could care less. I don't want to convince you because of Free Will.

Instead let's focus and actually debate how an ideal lifeform would exist. That would be interesting, but unless you understand some basic Engineering or Metabolism or Biology in general, then we won't have proper frames of reference.

pwned
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30981074
United States
01/27/2013 11:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
How would you propose to grow cells without nourishment? This is kind of a ridiculous topic, but I'm willing to engage you. Have you studied any biology whatsoever, much less biochemistry? How could a being without cells have continuity of Self?

What are you proposing, beings of pure energy? Is that your litmus test for a proper creation by a benevolent god?

The differentiation of cells is what allows specialization of tissue to occur. That can't happen with nourishment.

Food is consumed by all life, even simple plants that use their roots to absorb nutrients from the soil.

Are you asking for a barren world devoid of the diversity of species? For without the array of creatures to live and die and so form soil or serve as nutrition for other species, there is no food chain.

Even if a being of energy were possible, how would it maintain cohesiveness? How would it grow? What would limit its growth if not bound?

The topic seems very ilogical.

Hmmmm, so you admit god does not exist.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30981074
United States
01/27/2013 11:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Furthermore, the discussion of the science of this universe is completely ridicilous as proof that it's the only way it could have worked.

Clearly, some on here think that the "creator" either only created life on this planet, but did not create the rules of the universe, or, he did both and chose this way because he is certainly not loving. Or maybe he's just an idiot that didn't see that his fucked up engineering on Days 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 meant that his "ultimate creation" on Day 6 or 7 was going to be forced to live a life full of pain, wanting and murder simply to survive.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31801898
United States
01/27/2013 11:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
1 John 4:7-8

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 11:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ecclesiastes 7:9

Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 11:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Matthew 5:8

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."
Mickeyblue
User ID: 9806228
United States
01/27/2013 11:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
You are pathetic in this statement. It is a recycle system and it worked very well until we began messing with everything, trying to control it all.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 11:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Lamentations 3:22-23

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 11:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Psalm 118:24

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

GLP