Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30981074
United States
01/27/2013 11:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: A digestive system is irrefutable proof that there is no loving god
Psalm 118:24

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31801898

Go starve to death and let's see how comforting your little bibletard verses are to you. I'd love to see you looking into your child's eyes as they look at your pathetic face, you knowing that they know you can't do a thing to save them. All you can do is what them starve. Let's see how rejoiceful you are then.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31801898
United States
01/27/2013 11:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Zechariah 7:9-10

Thus says the Lord of hosts, "Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy to one another, do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor, and let none of you devise evil against another in your heart."
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/27/2013 11:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
How would you propose to grow cells without nourishment? This is kind of a ridiculous topic, but I'm willing to engage you. Have you studied any biology whatsoever, much less biochemistry? How could a being without cells have continuity of Self?

What are you proposing, beings of pure energy? Is that your litmus test for a proper creation by a benevolent god?

The differentiation of cells is what allows specialization of tissue to occur. That can't happen with nourishment.

Food is consumed by all life, even simple plants that use their roots to absorb nutrients from the soil.

Are you asking for a barren world devoid of the diversity of species? For without the array of creatures to live and die and so form soil or serve as nutrition for other species, there is no food chain.

Even if a being of energy were possible, how would it maintain cohesiveness? How would it grow? What would limit its growth if not bound?

The topic seems very ilogical.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

Hmmmm, so you admit god does not exist.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30981074

Where did I make any claim that God does not exist? You are presuming that that bolded statement refers to God. It does not, we are discussing hypothetical alternative humans.

You do possess the capacity to understand English well enough to carry on a debate, don't you?

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 12:00 PM
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

Go starve to death and let's see how comforting your little bibletard verses are to you. I'd love to see you looking into your child's eyes as they look at your pathetic face, you knowing that they know you can't do a thing to save them. All you can do is what them starve. Let's see how rejoiceful you are then.

If everybody loved Jesus (instead of hating him) there would be no starving children.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

If everybody loved Jesus (instead of hating him) there would be no starving children.

Oh, and also : if men served God instead the Penis, there wouldn't be so many little children.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 12:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Proverbs 16:3

Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 12:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm quite amazed that so little meat in this debate. Other than my own attempts to bolster the OP's theoretical beings lacking digestion, I have not read one credible being yet. I know of 14 year olds who possess enough scientific education who could do better at debating.

The reality is we were not made to be godlike. We were made as God intended, and lived in a paradise in the Garden of Eden without a care or worry or the slightest difficulty. Then we sinned and ruined that.

While you make some radical claim that we could have been designed better, in all honestly, we are marvelously made. Anyone studying the biological sciences knows this.

If one is a reductionist and compares us to some sort of biped digestive tract creature then yes, such depiction make us look like crude mockeries, but that's not what we are.

Even in the mocking tone that Hamlet speaks, he still denotes the majesty of the human condition. In a way perhaps the OP is much like him:
"What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world. The paragon of animals. And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me. No, nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so." Hamlet by William Shakespeare

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 12:09 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18354796
United States
01/27/2013 12:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
[
Individual things are expressions of the attributes of God

Individual things are nothing but modifications of the attributes of God, or modes by which the attributes of God are expressed in a fixed and definite manner. [i.25.]"
[link to www.pantheism.net]

Then God laughingly lept into the dark water of existence, where He broke apart into a million billion shining pieces of life. These swam and disported for a million billion years. Finally they tired of of their efforts and refomed into the body which sprang forth from the water. Whole, changed and changeless.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 12:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
How would you propose to grow cells without nourishment? This is kind of a ridiculous topic, but I'm willing to engage you. Have you studied any biology whatsoever, much less biochemistry? How could a being without cells have continuity of Self?

What are you proposing, beings of pure energy? Is that your litmus test for a proper creation by a benevolent god?

The differentiation of cells is what allows specialization of tissue to occur. That can't happen with nourishment.

Food is consumed by all life, even simple plants that use their roots to absorb nutrients from the soil.

Are you asking for a barren world devoid of the diversity of species? For without the array of creatures to live and die and so form soil or serve as nutrition for other species, there is no food chain.

Even if a being of energy were possible, how would it maintain cohesiveness? How would it grow? What would limit its growth if not bound?

Where did I make any claim that God does not exist? You are presuming that that bolded statement refers to God. It does not, we are discussing hypothetical alternative humans.

You do possess the capacity to understand English well enough to carry on a debate, don't you?

Ah now I see. God can exist as a pure energy being but hypothetical humans could not.

Do you possess the capacity to understand logical thought processes well enough to realize your own cognitive dissonance?

Also, questioning someone's ability to understand English while being incapable of proof reading ones own writing is pretty fucking pathetic.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 12:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

Ah now I see. God can exist as a pure energy being but hypothetical humans could not.

Do you possess the capacity to understand logical thought processes well enough to realize your own cognitive dissonance?

Also, questioning someone's ability to understand English while being incapable of proof reading ones own writing is pretty fucking pathetic.

Where are you getting that God is pure energy? Not from me. Even a being of pure energy would be limited. God is limitless. God need not manifest at all.

I find the need to pidgeon-hole God into a being of energy entirely laughable. God created the Universe, why would such a deity need to have a body at all unless only for our benefit to speak?

That's a totally Greek/Roman concept of anthropomorphic deities, and no theologian would ever create such a small limited being for God.

Would you prefer "You are presuming that this bolded statement refers to God" ?

I believe both are correct.

I question your command of English because you make these wild leaps of assuming things which are not within the body of my statements.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 12:17 PM
Light to Go

User ID: 8545334
United States
01/27/2013 12:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
We are made perfectly and in accordance with nature. If we stay within nature we will have perfect balance. Our food, water and air has been deliberately altered to cause problems, and we go to the same system to fix these problems. Return to Mother Earth, return to Nature my friend.
Untroubled, Scornful, Outrageous-That is how Wisdom wants us to be!
White Genocide: 1900AD @ 35% - Today less than 8% of the earth's population
Sophia's Correction
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20657814
United States
01/27/2013 12:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
These questions can all be answered by the fact that everything goes back to evolution. Humans evolved from lower life forms so, therefore, it would make perfect sense that our digestive system would be patterned like the animal's digestive systems. No need for spouting Bible quotes or any other religious quotes. There is no God. We are animals.
Amy_A

User ID: 16982804
United States
01/27/2013 12:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
well, there is that sungazing shit. i mean if there is a god he gave us free will, and that free will kind of led us to our own evolution. If us as humans, over millions and billions of years, slowly just stopped eating less and less and less, and only bred with the ones who were best with the least food, maybe we could evolve to not even need food.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26184594

Research Breatharianism. Some people have got off food and only use Air (Prana) to survive. They are very healthy but it took them years to achieve this way of life. After watching these people it made me thing about how much our creates our world. It looks like some are called to this way of life.

Peace

Last Edited by Amy_A on 01/27/2013 12:25 PM
Amy
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 12:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
We are made perfectly and in accordance with nature. If we stay within nature we will have perfect balance. Our food, water and air has been deliberately altered to cause problems, and we go to the same system to fix these problems. Return to Mother Earth, return to Nature my friend.
 Quoting: Light to Go

Yes, before us, ticks, fleas, disease, etc never existed. Nature is a fucking whore. You wouldn't last a week out in loving ass nature because she would ass rape you until you died from infection, disease and starvation.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
well, there is that sungazing shit. i mean if there is a god he gave us free will, and that free will kind of led us to our own evolution. If us as humans, over millions and billions of years, slowly just stopped eating less and less and less, and only bred with the ones who were best with the least food, maybe we could evolve to not even need food.

Research Breatharianism. Some people have got off food and only use Air (Prana) to survive. They are very healthy but it took them years to achieve this way of life. After watching these people it made me thing about how much our creates our world. It looks like some are called to this way of life.

Peace
 Quoting: Amy_A

If you believe this, I have some companies you should invest money in. Then again, if you believe this, you are more than likely on some sort of gov't assistance program and have absolutely no income to invest.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 12:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
These questions can all be answered by the fact that everything goes back to evolution. Humans evolved from lower life forms so, therefore, it would make perfect sense that our digestive system would be patterned like the animal's digestive systems. No need for spouting Bible quotes or any other religious quotes. There is no God. We are animals.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20657814

Well at least some of us are animals based upon the limited exchange I've seen!

I don't presume to know how God created us. As far as I know from my sciences courses, evolution is the best theory, however in a hundred years, I would venture to say that it will be discarded and refined into something else. That is the way of science.

Saying that "a digestive system is irrefutable proof that there is no loving god, makes no logical sense".

Saying that we evolved is plausible, but still doesn't exclude the fact that God could have set all that in motion, does it?

Do you think that life just spontaneously happened? Because that isn't scientific. It breaks the law of Entropy for one.
Amy_A

United States
01/27/2013 12:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

Peace

If you believe this, I have some companies you should invest money in. Then again, if you believe this, you are more than likely on some sort of gov't assistance program and have absolutely no income to invest.

That is fine. The human body is amazing. Please research the subject. It will blow your mind.

Peace
Amy
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 12:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

Peace

That is fine. The human body is amazing. Please research the subject. It will blow your mind.

Peace

Amy, I only know of a handful of people who claim to be able to "live off sunlight by staring at the Sun". Since we know that damages the optic nerve, it seems foolhearty. It is an interesting phenomena.

[link to www.guardian.co.uk]
"While the test was running, I exposed some of those loopholes in a live programme on India TV: an official video clip revealed that Jani would sometimes move out of the CCTV camera's field of view; he was allowed to receive devotees and could even leave the sealed test room for a sun bath; his regular gargling and bathing activities were not sufficiently monitored and so on. I demanded an opportunity to check the test set-up with an independent team of rationalist experts. There was no immediate reaction from Ahmadabad. But a sudden call from Sterling hospital invited me – live on TV – to join the test the next day itself."

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 12:31 PM
Amy_A

United States
01/27/2013 12:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

Peace

Peace

Amy, I only know of a handful of people who claim to be able to "live off sunlight by staring at the Sun". Since we know that damages the optic nerve, it seems foolhearty. It is an interesting phenomena.

Some claim to not need food by looking at the Sun. Jerico Sunfire is very interesting. The video I posted above is part one to his journey. The topic is so foreign to us because of how were taught. If God created us in his image then all things are possible.

Peace
Amy
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/27/2013 12:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

Peace

Some claim to not need food by looking at the Sun. Jerico Sunfire is very interesting. The video I posted above is part one to his journey. The topic is so foreign to us because of how were taught. If God created us in his image then all things are possible.

Peace

It's an interesting concept and an aspect of some branch of Jainism.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]
As someone who's studied medicine, I would urge people that even if possible, only someone of enormous personal ability could do such a thing, and all others would likely not only adversely affect their eyesight, but perhaps go blind.

He's been studied by NASA in 2003, but I've not seen the results of that study. Then in the last two years by Indian scientists and many have criticized their scientific rigor.

We know there are special individuals who display unusual talent. It's entirely possible that those folks are mutations or that it's an ability that can be learned or both.

Example: Synesthesia is an ability that can manifest as hearing color, perceive numbers as colors or smells.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/27/2013 12:53 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14392840
United States
01/27/2013 12:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
indeed, if god did create us in 'his' image, therefore he consumes other life to sustain 'his'
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33116434

In Alchemy, the bowels are called the black dragon. it is a system of consumption and death to regenerate life

If you wanted immortality. there would also be no need for sex or procreation too

Women are the living symbol of this organic existence..

666 the number of the beast, Organic carbon

:66623:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33121272
United States
01/27/2013 12:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
christian
Suited up and Armored in Christ!

User ID: 6038128
United States
01/27/2013 12:57 PM

Report Abusive Post
Foods That Look Like Body Parts They're Good For

Read more: Food Nutrition Facts - Healthy Living Tips at WomansDay.com - Woman's Day

1. Carrot: Eye

Slice a carrot in half crosswise and it's easy to see that the veggie resembles an eye—look closely and you'll even notice a pattern of radiating lines that mimic the pupil and iris. And the old wives’ tale is true: Munching on carrots will actually promote healthy eyes. "Carrots are filled with vitamins and antioxidants, like beta-carotene, that decrease the chance of macular degeneration, the leading cause of vision loss in older people,

2. Walnut: Brain

The folds and wrinkles of a walnut bring to mind another human organ: the brain. The shape of the nut even approximates the body part, looking like it has left and right hemispheres. And it's no surprise walnuts are nicknamed "brain food"—according to Lisa Avellino, dietitian for Focus28 Diet, "they have a very high content of omega-3 fatty acids, which help support brain function.
"

3. Celery-Bone
Long, lean stalks of celery look just like bones—and they're good for them, too. "Celery is a great source of silicon, which is part of the molecular structure that gives bones their strength," says Dr. Moulavi. Another funny bone coincidence: "Bones are 23 percent sodium, and so is celery,"

MORE HERE:

[link to www.womansday.com]
Susie

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.....Matthew 6:21
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 12:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
...we weren't originally made to eat other animals. Just fruits and veggies and the sort.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32950311

absolutely false and incorrect. veganism has only been possible since the advent of surplus farming of crops; which really only came to the fore in the last couple hundred years.

our previous 230,000 years on the planet were spent eating small animals, and forage. we have been meat eaters all along.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26820407

This is true, Original man were meat eaters and foragers. Agriculture is new. Cause its so new, its why most of us get fat. We are not used to the sudden onslaught of carbs and sugars in grains and fruits.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26237455
United States
01/27/2013 01:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
besides, hunger keeps you human
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/27/2013 01:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
besides, hunger keeps you human
 Quoting: Lies & Alibis

Yup, part of our sentencing here. Constant hunger for food, money, love, sex, shopping, power, and everything else under the curse of the earth sun...
Amy_A

United States
01/27/2013 04:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

Peace

Peace

It's an interesting concept and an aspect of some branch of Jainism.
As someone who's studied medicine, I would urge people that even if possible, only someone of enormous personal ability could do such a thing, and all others would likely not only adversely affect their eyesight, but perhaps go blind.

He's been studied by NASA in 2003, but I've not seen the results of that study. Then in the last two years by Indian scientists and many have criticized their scientific rigor.

We know there are special individuals who display unusual talent. It's entirely possible that those folks are mutations or that it's an ability that can be learned or both.

Example: Synesthesia is an ability that can manifest as hearing color, perceive numbers as colors or smells.

Very interesting. I have heard of Synesthesia but I have never looked into it. Jericho Sunfire has a brother named Genesis Sunfire. I honestly dont know if these two brothers Sun-gaze although they are both Breatharian. There are others who also claim to be Breatharian. If these people are indeed real then that proves it is possible for a small percentage of us can indeed live on God's life force that is all around us. I myself Sun-gaze after searching for hidden way's to gain energy. Since beginning the practice I have noticed my energy level has increased and my appetite has decreased. I eat 90% fruit and vegetables. I grew up eating meats and processed food but when I hit rock bottom from illness I was forced to change my life in order to survive. My eye-site is 20/20 or better and my ability to think has improved.

Peace and thanks for the intelligent discussion. It makes me realize how far we have come from our creator. I know the OP didn't want an Bible quotes but one that sticks in my head is from Malachi 4:2.

"But to you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and you shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall."
Amy
makers2
User ID: 33143429
India
01/27/2013 04:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Look up the definition of the word "Karma." Read the translation of the 5,000 ancient book, Bhagavad-Gita, As It is, by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami...you'll get an education on things deliberately kept from you by the PTB. Even the Dead Sea Scroll discovery had the truth covered up and kept from us by the PTB.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27575095
United Kingdom
01/27/2013 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Actually we were initially designed without a digestive system at all. Adam and Eve were given a digestive system only after being cast out of the garden of Eden. After being vast out they had difficulty finding nourishment similar to what was available in the garden. God sent an angle to bring them each a fig. The figs were very large. They had no idea how to eat them at first, when they finally did they suffered terrible stomach pains. After that they were put to sleep and their bodies modified for the environment. When they woke up and saw what had been done to their bodies they were devastated. They knew then there would be no returning to Eden,no body designed like their's would ever be permitted entrance. There are many old texts available that speak of these early days of humanity. The Forgotten Books of Eden from the Apocrypha are some of the most easily available online. Can find them on sites such as sacred texts under Apocrypha(means hidden in Greek)

From the Forgotten Books of Eden : God says "O Adam, when thou wast in My garden, thou knewest neither eating nor drinking; neither faintness nor suffering; neither leanness of flesh, nor change; neither did sleep depart from thine eyes. But since thou transgressedst, and camest into this strange land, all these trials are come upon thee."

The first Human hunger.

2 "But when thou camest to dwell in this strange land, thy animal body could not be on earth without earthly food, to strengthen it and to restore its powers."

3 And God withdrew His Word from Adam.

Then they sat down to eat the figs; but they knew not how to eat them; for they were not accustomed to eat earthly food. They feared also lest, if they ate, their stomach should be burdened and their flesh thickened, and their hearts take to liking earthly food.

CHAP. LXV.

Adam and Eve acquire digestive organs. Final hope of returning to the Garden is quenched.

AND when it was day, they rose and prayed, after their custom, and then went out of the cave.

p. 45

2 But as they felt great trouble from the food they had eaten, and to which they were not used, they went about in the cave saying to each other:--

3 "What has happened to us through eating, that this pain should have come upon us? Woe be to us, we shall die! Better for us to have died than to have eaten; and to have kept our bodies pure, than to have defiled them with food."

4 Then Adam said to Eve, "This pain did not come to us in the garden, neither did we eat such bad food there. Thinkest thou, O Eve, that God will plague us through the food that is in us, or that our inwards will come out; or that God means to kill us with this pain before He has fulfilled His promise to us?"

5 Then Adam besought the Lord and said, "O Lord, let us not perish through the food we have eaten. O Lord, smite us not; but deal with us according to Thy great mercy, and forsake us not until the day of the promise Thou hast made us."

6 Then God looked upon them, and at once fitted them for eating food; as unto this day; so that they should not perish.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33150607
United States
01/27/2013 05:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live, there for there is, and He does.

GLP