Children Of God, Please Come Home

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26176985
United States
01/27/2013 05:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Children Of God, Please Come Home
I left long ago and I'm glad I did. Christianity's narrow concept of "God" and Man's relationship is something you eventually have to grow out of. I couldn't go back even if I wanted to.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9645738

Yes, Jesus did say narrow is the path. Isn't a good thing to have a well defined narrow path to God. That path is threw Jesus Christ. There may be other ways to God but there's only one way into his kingdom and that is being washed from your sins by the blood of the sacrafice.
 Quoting: Machine42

The sad thing is, you can tell you have never actually been in the presence of god or been self realized your self. If you think god every judged you, or that you ever did anything wrong in its eyes, than its clear you have never even been in its presence. At my moment of self realization 10 years ago, when I met the creator. I cried for hours after because I realized for the first time in my life I just felt love. I thought I knew what love was, I loved my parents, my gf, my family, but at that second when I was confronted with its presence, I realized I had never felt true love before. I cried like a baby for hours. It was amazing to feel it, but such a sad realization to realize we dont even express true love here even in what we call its purest form.

If you think God thinks you need to wash away any sins, or that you need a savior to do it for you, is clear you have never been in the presence of the divine nor understand it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26176985

My friend, do not confuse the love and mercy you felt that day with indifference to sin. I do not doubt for one second the validity of the experience you felt, because the way you describe it cannot possibly be duplicated. You felt God's love for you, and I am so happy for you to have experienced that. What I would ask you to consider is that you only felt this after you experienced the anguish and torment of repentance. You approached God with a pure and contrite heart, asking for forgiveness, and it was given to you. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful experience with us :-)
 Quoting: Rising Son

See that is where you are wrong, i never asked for forgiveness, nor did i experienced the anguish and torment of repentance. This is just what "god" is, this unconditional love. And unconditional love doesn't judge
Rising Son  (OP)

User ID: 32269124
Japan
01/27/2013 05:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Children Of God, Please Come Home

Yes, Jesus did say narrow is the path. Isn't a good thing to have a well defined narrow path to God. That path is threw Jesus Christ. There may be other ways to God but there's only one way into his kingdom and that is being washed from your sins by the blood of the sacrafice.
 Quoting: Machine42

The sad thing is, you can tell you have never actually been in the presence of god or been self realized your self. If you think god every judged you, or that you ever did anything wrong in its eyes, than its clear you have never even been in its presence. At my moment of self realization 10 years ago, when I met the creator. I cried for hours after because I realized for the first time in my life I just felt love. I thought I knew what love was, I loved my parents, my gf, my family, but at that second when I was confronted with its presence, I realized I had never felt true love before. I cried like a baby for hours. It was amazing to feel it, but such a sad realization to realize we dont even express true love here even in what we call its purest form.

If you think God thinks you need to wash away any sins, or that you need a savior to do it for you, is clear you have never been in the presence of the divine nor understand it.

My friend, do not confuse the love and mercy you felt that day with indifference to sin. I do not doubt for one second the validity of the experience you felt, because the way you describe it cannot possibly be duplicated. You felt God's love for you, and I am so happy for you to have experienced that. What I would ask you to consider is that you only felt this after you experienced the anguish and torment of repentance. You approached God with a pure and contrite heart, asking for forgiveness, and it was given to you. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful experience with us :-)
 Quoting: Rising Son

See that is where you are wrong, i never asked for forgiveness, nor did i experienced the anguish and torment of repentance. This is just what "god" is, this unconditional love. And unconditional love doesn't judge

You may not have verbally asked for forgiveness, but you did so with your anguish. You asked to be helped, and that is essentially what forgiveness is - taking the load of guilt off your shoulders so that you may know freedom once again. Judgment has very little to do with it, because the pain associated with being isolated from those we love is punishment enough, and our heavenly Father understands this.
"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Truth needs no validation because it is self-evident and undeniable. Therefore, anything that requires validation to be realized or justified as truth must contain at least some degree of falsehood.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

GLP