United States
01/27/2013 01:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
A Louisiana Grocery Store is Forced to Raise Milk Prices by State Regulators
Imagine that..more austerity for you..lol
A Louisiana Grocery Store is Forced to Raise Milk Prices by State Regulators
[link to libertyblitzkrieg.com]

You might have to read this post twice to make sure your eyes didn’t deceive you. This article is actually completely different from my recent pieces on stealth inflation, but is even more infuriating. In this case, a grocery store called Fresh Markets decided to sell milk at a bargain basement price as part of a promotion, yet the state has deemed the price “too low.” As a result, the chain is being forced to raise the price. Yep, at a time when millions are struggling every day to make ends meet, this is what the state of Louisiana has decided it a priority that the cost of milk is higher for consumers in the state. This is exactly what happens when bureaucrats exert to much influence in our daily lives. From the Daily Caller:.................
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31040481
United States
01/27/2013 01:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: A Louisiana Grocery Store is Forced to Raise Milk Prices by State Regulators
... hmmmmm ... wasn't this done in the FDR administration? ...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 7111634
United States
01/27/2013 01:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: A Louisiana Grocery Store is Forced to Raise Milk Prices by State Regulators
once the bankers get paid in full, then the recession/depression will be over. That is if history repeats itself..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 961432
United States
01/27/2013 02:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
... hmmmmm ... wasn't this done in the FDR administration? ...
 Quoting: Wisconsin

And that was called a depression right? But we are in a so called grand recovery right?

Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 7111634
United States
01/27/2013 02:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you for the pin..
MONSTER

User ID: 2122560
United States
01/27/2013 02:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
So the Government is really the bad guys1doh1
KINGDOMS, NATIONS AND KINGS HAVE BEEN BROUGHT DOWN TO THEIR KNEES WITH ONE GLANCE FROM A WOMAN.

I WEAR MY SKIN OF ARMOR SO NO ONE CAN GET IN AND NO ONE CAN GET OUT.

HOW CAN I MOURN YOU, WHEN I HAVE NEVER LET YOU GO, monster 1991-2008 RIP
Sbert

User ID: 31081261
United States
01/27/2013 02:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
This varies from state to state.

Loss leader sales are illegal in certain states. They can be circumvented with certain rebates and coupons depending on the law.

Below is wiki definition:
"A loss leader, or simply a leader,[1] is a product sold at a low price, at or below its market cost[2] to stimulate other sales of more profitable goods or services. Using a loss leader, often a very popular good or service, is a type of sales promotion—a marketing strategy that focuses on pricing strategy. Sometimes "leader" is used as a related term and can mean any popular article, i.e., one sold at a normal price.[3]"

[link to www.enotes.com]

"In recent years, loss leader pricing has been practiced with considerable success, especially by large national discount retailers. The strategy is not without controversy, however. Indeed, many states have passed laws that severely limitr explicitly forbidelling products below cost. Lawsuits alleging that some loss leader pricing strategies amount to illegal business practices have increased in recent years, though the plaintiffs have not always been victorious. Opponents of loss leading pricing practices argue that the strategy is basically predatory in nature, designed to ultimately force competitors out of business."
No Dhimmi

User ID: 3248816
United States
01/27/2013 03:00 PM

Report Abusive Post
Government is our "nanny" - one which we don't need at these levels. I hope enough voters wake up soon. Our nation is more than broke - the but sheep remain asleep.
ALL relevant scriptures that include a time factor prove no pre-trib rapture. Over 50 verses! Kindle Edition only 99 CENTS! Biblical Eschatological “Time-Stamps” Relevant to the Last Day/Days (Amazon)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32976385
United States
01/27/2013 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't drink MILK!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14362939
Canada
01/27/2013 03:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
LOL I love how it's considered illegal to sell something below cost and the government does LITTLE TO NOTHING about price gouging!

I also like how the government thinks that they have the right to tell a business how they are to be run. If a business practice is unsound and unprofitable the company will go bankrupt. If it is sound, the company will make money and continue to exist. It's as simple as that!

Oh but wait, if you fuck up your business you can just ask the governemnt to bail you out right?! BUT only if you are "too big to fail".

LOL WTF kind of fucked up society are we living in? This shit is so fucked up sometimes I have a hard time beleiving it's actually real!

One day history is going to look back at us and wonder how we got it so fucking wrong.
Sbert

User ID: 31081261
United States
01/27/2013 03:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
The reason why the some states say it's illegal to sell things below cost or in this case 6% above invoice is because big companies can outprice the small mom and pop stores.

You get a big supermarket chain selling milk at a loss, brings in all the customers. A smaller chain, or a single store can't afford to do that without rolling the dice and having people just coming in buying milk and leaving.

It's to protect the smaller businesses.

Big business (walmart in particular) has turned the landscape around a bit. It's why we have antitrust and break up monopolies.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31781644
United States
01/27/2013 03:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
NASTY
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16074559
United States
01/27/2013 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Still $2.99 a gallon for Best Yet in Mass. at a fairly top end
supermarket...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33139788
United States
01/27/2013 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
So the Government is really the bad guys1doh1
 Quoting: MONSTER

Well,,,,actually,,,,yes. In nearly all cases. Most of the unpleasantness in life is because of governments.
Watdhel

User ID: 33093698
United States
01/27/2013 06:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's been this way as far back as I can remember, I'm not a big milk drinker so I haven't really looked into it. Cousin of mine had a family that consumed lots of milk. Back when gas was cheaper she would drive 15 miles to a gas station across the state line, buy a couple of gallons of milk for her family. It was well worth it- sometimes a difference of 2 over dollars per gallon.

GLP