Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,844 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,171,906
Pageviews Today: 2,253,509Threads Today: 1,058Posts Today: 19,781
11:23 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

abscessed tooth can I pull it out myself?

in pain!!!!
User ID: 33276320
United States
01/29/2013 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
abscessed tooth can I pull it out myself?
verysad
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32793605
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: abscessed tooth can I pull it out myself?
verysad
 Quoting: in pain!!!! 33276320

if you have the balls do it
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16978244
United States
01/29/2013 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
oyesbutt

User ID: 33259824
Ukraine
01/29/2013 03:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
verysad

Better not try it.

Better go to a Dentist and get it pulled out right.

I'm not saying you couldn't do it, it's just that I don't think you're going to be able to deal with the pain or have access to the specially built tools for doing it without injury. This problem is more dangerous than you might think.

Last Edited by 10193131 on 01/29/2013 03:42 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33126688
United States
01/29/2013 03:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Swill with salt water.

Get some amoxicillin (fish mox forte)
Lucky Charms

User ID: 33282093
Ireland
01/29/2013 03:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just go to a dentist dude.
'Magically Delicious'
TastyThoughts

User ID: 1308649
United States
Report Abusive Post
you may
"They cannot see what's-up if They are looking down." (TastyThoughts)
"Something is smelly! Something is smelly, like an old barnacle encrusted shoe washing ashore in the middle of summer." (TastyThoughts)
"Yes happy Earth day. Now go tell the wicked to stop damaging the Human Species therefore/and the Earth; For, they are discombobulating the entire Universe and upsetting the Most High God." (TastyThoughts)
Watching the world

User ID: 2731437
United States
Report Abusive Post
Yikes! Becoming septic is the worst risk of having an abscessed tooth. You need to see a dentist. If you wait you may risk a hospital stay.
You will need antibiotics to stave off any infection.
Please be careful.
Ignorance is bliss until reality bites you in the ass.

I take care of the dead...always.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/29/2013 03:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm trying to fight through the pain!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33281076
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 03:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
No dont take the chance of spreading infection around your body, go see your dr dentist ,if you cant get in to see him or her takle neurofem "to numb the pain" if you are allowed
you will be put on antibiotics by your dentist ,when the infection has cleared HE OR SHE WILL RIP THE OFFENDING ROTTEN SWINE OUT OF YOUR SKULL. Good luck and all the best from quincy.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33275870
United States
01/29/2013 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
The emergency room will prescribe pain meds till you can get an appointment or try it yourself. Those things don't come out easy though. I've seen dentists up on the chair pulling with both hands trying to pull teeth.

If you don't have or can't afford a dentist, they usually have one in the hospital, if you're in pain they will give you meds.

Get them before you try anything.
davvi

User ID: 3677166
United States
01/29/2013 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
verysad

yea sure, let us know how it comes out. rolleyes
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/29/2013 03:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
In the meantime, try popping the abcess. It's basicly just full of puss and will drain just like a zit with a small needle. Your pain is coming from the swelling.

Try that first.

Also, sucking on whole cloves and letting them sit against the swollen gum area will have a numbing effect that will last for a while.

I didn't believe it either till I tried it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33132507
United States
01/29/2013 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
If its not done right and all of the infection treated you can end up with a full body infection, and that could kill you, and you won't even know its happening except that your immune system will be so damaged and you just become weaker and weaker.

Not only should it be pulled by someone who knows what they are doing, but the cavity has to be treated so that ALL of the infection is totally gone!

ITS A SERIOUS THING.

bill shitters 1.2

User ID: 19820209
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 03:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm trying to fight through the pain!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33276320

Under Obama care do you have a walk in center for out of hours problems

Do not pull on own as you may fail to extract all and be in a more terrible position than before
The retired thread killer

Still the killa of threads

we come in peace shoot to kill
[link to au.youtube.com]

I can not talk TO aliens but do listen to the anally probed
sunspotkiller

User ID: 1332188
United States
01/29/2013 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
verysad

If you like pain
sunspotkiller

When you judge someone else, It doesn't define who they are, It defines who you are. Be love!

“Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10097155
United States
01/29/2013 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yep you can. Just use pliers with rubber or leather between the tooth and the metal. Clean your mouth decently enough with baking soda rinse thoroughly then clean again with peroxide.

Get a strong, not too strong, grip on the tooth and slowly wiggle it from outer jaw to inner jaw. After a few minutes the nerves will begin deadening and the pain will start subsiding. Eventually the tooth will loosen and you can pull it free. Be sure to pull slowly so as not to leave nerve endings behind.

After the tooth has been removed apply gauze to absorb most of the bleeding you will have to keep it gauze applied for atleast 24hrs to insure a blood clot forms in the socket.

After you have removed the tooth post here and let me know how it went and I will explain to you how to avoid dry socket.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33132507
United States
01/29/2013 03:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
BY "CAVITY" I MEAN THE HOLE THAT IT MAKES WHEN ITS PULLED OUT.

Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
Report Abusive Post
If its not done right and all of the infection treated you can end up with a full body infection, and that could kill you, and you won't even know its happening except that your immune system will be so damaged and you just become weaker and weaker.

Not only should it be pulled by someone who knows what they are doing, but the cavity has to be treated so that ALL of the infection is totally gone!

ITS A SERIOUS THING.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33132507

I found a dentist that will take the tooth out for 99$ but I dont get paid till Friday.
Lole Ibn Plutoon

User ID: 32985525
United States
Report Abusive Post
I know that feel.
I have 6 wisdom that i never got pulled, 2 are impacted, and one cavity on one of them has turned into an abscess. Once it swelled up real bad and i got a fever, so i put a black tea bag in my mouth and sucked on it for awhile, it will bring the swelling down. Then i took a sewing needle and heated it up and dipped it in peroxide and poked the shit out of the swelling till all this crap oozed out. Healed up fine. still gives me problems, but i've heard that you can break it off in your jaw trying to pull it out, and that can lead to an infection that gets in your blood and brain, causing death.. so i havent done much since then till i can get an oral surgeon to fix it..
"No matter how exotic human civilization becomes, no matter the developments of life and society nor the complexity of the machine/human interface, there always come interludes of lonely power when the course of humankind, depends upon the relatively simple actions of single individuals."
~Tleilaxu Godbuk
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29801624
United States
01/29/2013 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Take ibuprofen and rinse with nearly hot salt water. If it doesn't improve any, go to the dentist or e.r. Nothing to mess with. Been there, done that. The only cure is a root canal or extraction.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33206361
United States
01/29/2013 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
When I was a child I had a bad tooth, my dad proceeded to cut my gum with a razor blade then he applied iodine on it I couldn't swallow for about an hour after that I rinsed my mouth with warm salt water...this cured the problem never came back!
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 03:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
In the meantime, try popping the abcess. It's basicly just full of puss and will drain just like a zit with a small needle. Your pain is coming from the swelling.

Try that first.

Also, sucking on whole cloves and letting them sit against the swollen gum area will have a numbing effect that will last for a while.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33275870
Yeh good advice cloves work well better still oil of cloves. I once went on a solo camping holiday feeliong great the second day ley in mi tent my abcess started ,the pain was so bad i was ready for comming home then a head showed up on my gum so i stuck a sterilized pin in it and talk about a yellowstone eruption it was nasty but the pain went away in a flash, i can@t explain the feeling of relief after
a full day of pain. The rest of the holiday was grean and pain free. Thank's for reading good luck and all the best from quincy.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/29/2013 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

ITS A SERIOUS THING.

I found a dentist that will take the tooth out for 99$ but I dont get paid till Friday.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33276320

Cmon OP, try the things that you can do right now and report back.

Pop and drain the abscess with a needle and get some cloves on that gum.

Ibuprofen as well. 1600 mg should do the trick.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

Try that first.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33275870
Yeh good advice cloves work well better still oil of cloves. I once went on a solo camping holiday feeliong great the second day ley in mi tent my abcess started ,the pain was so bad i was ready for comming home then a head showed up on my gum so i stuck a sterilized pin in it and talk about a yellowstone eruption it was nasty but the pain went away in a flash, i can@t explain the feeling of relief after
a full day of pain. The rest of the holiday was grean and pain free. Thank's for reading good luck and all the best from quincy.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33281076

Sorry about mi spelling but i'me very very drunk but telling the truth.
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
01/29/2013 04:03 PM

Report Abusive Post
You can pull it, death is just a side effect...
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

ITS A SERIOUS THING.

clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24703711
United States
01/29/2013 04:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Out oregano oil on it until you can get in to a dentist.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/29/2013 04:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

ITS A SERIOUS THING.

clappa
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33281076

Oh horseshit.

An abscess is nothing more than a zit in your mouth.

Popi t, pain subsides immediately.

You certainly don't need to pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars to have some overpaid "professional" drain it.

I have healed many by my own hand. Only takes a couple days and it's gone.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1044117
United States
01/29/2013 04:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was faced with a situation with a piece of broken tooth one night and no where to go. The pain of it just sitting in the gum was unbearable, and I did find a way to get it out. I learned a lot about my pain threshold. Sometimes when you have to do something and don't have much choice, the pain will take a back seat. I succeeded, and followed proper sterilization and rinsing steps that any dentist would do. The pain stopped immediately after I had pulled the shard out. (The worst part is tearing it free just at the end! Ow! x1000) The dentist the next day couldn't believe I did it. Neither could I.
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
01/29/2013 04:11 PM

Report Abusive Post
OP, you'll need an ice skate, a volleyball, and a rock about the size of your hand...good luck
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892

GLP