Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,491 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 189,548
Pageviews Today: 316,616Threads Today: 99Posts Today: 1,894
04:41 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

abscessed tooth can I pull it out myself?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30079403
United States
01/29/2013 05:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: abscessed tooth can I pull it out myself?
Stick a pin in it and get some ANBESALat your local drug store. It's oil of clove, it's cheap and it works. In the tooth care aisle. You'll probably forget about it by tomorrow morning. Improvise and overcome.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31262360
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 05:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
NOWT WORSE THAN TOOTH ACHE ,APART FROM CHILD BIRTH ,SO THEY TELL ME.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32715303
United States
01/29/2013 05:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sounds awful but best to treat infection first so no spread of infection in blood stream oe lymphatic system

Then if you think you can yank it out in toto, give it a try. You really want to be sure to get entire root out.

Then, I'd go to a dentist.

I'm in the medical field and honestly don't trust anyone.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31262360
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 05:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Take ibuprofen and rinse with nearly hot salt water. If it doesn't improve any, go to the dentist or e.r. Nothing to mess with. Been there, done that. The only cure is a root canal or extraction.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29801624
Take my word go to the dentist ,i know all about rotten teeth I'ME A BRIT.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26194713
United States
01/29/2013 05:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
If its not done right and all of the infection treated you can end up with a full body infection, and that could kill you, and you won't even know its happening except that your immune system will be so damaged and you just become weaker and weaker.

Not only should it be pulled by someone who knows what they are doing, but the cavity has to be treated so that ALL of the infection is totally gone!

ITS A SERIOUS THING.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33132507

I found a dentist that will take the tooth out for 99$ but I dont get paid till Friday.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33276320

Most likely the dentist will not be able to pull it before putting you on antibiotic for a week or two first, the infection can enter the blood stream and go straight to your brain.

Look in to carecredit also, Can apply and be accepted in 5 min. It is a no interest health care credit card, I’ve had mine for over a decade and I hate credit cards. Great for emergency’s like this.
 Quoting: Chrit

DON'T DO CARE CREDIT. They are run by GE Capital and are a ripoff. They charged me for procedures I never had. In fact, I just saw an investigative news show (don't remember which one it was) do a story on their scams. Check out [link to www.ripoffreport.com] for some typical complaints on this company.

Try to get some antibiotics, ask the dentist that will pull it for a script or if he/she has any samples to give away. Or try natural antibiotics (colloidal silver, garlic, etc). I think it would be very difficult to pull it yourself, but you do want to get it taken care of because the infection can spread to your bloodstream, leading to septic shock and worse.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13806508
United States
01/29/2013 06:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
GO TO A DENTIST!!

Figure out how to pay later.
GB Packer Babe

User ID: 17037796
United States
01/29/2013 06:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
If that infection gets into your bloodstream it can kill you! Happened to my ex's best friend. The dentist probably won't pull it until the infection is gone either. Get some antibiotics.

Take a teabag, empty it, cut it down to create a pouch and fill with 1/4 tsp of powdered cloves, Moisten it with warm water and put it between the tooth and gum. It tastes nasty but really works! This helped me through a tooth that was so painful- it was worse than childbirth and a gall bladder attack that turned into pancreatitis requiring emergency surgery. Bite the bullet and have a dentist pull it.

I'm trying to fight through the pain!

The Utopian Dream Is Really A Regime

“They are so desperate to hide the truth, they’ll make it criminal to speak it!” DJT
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33275870
United States
01/29/2013 06:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
If that infection gets into your bloodstream it can kill you! Happened to my ex's best friend. The dentist probably won't pull it until the infection is gone either. Get some antibiotics.

Take a teabag, empty it, cut it down to create a pouch and fill with 1/4 tsp of powdered cloves, Moisten it with warm water and put it between the tooth and gum. It tastes nasty but really works! This helped me through a tooth that was so painful- it was worse than childbirth and a gall bladder attack that turned into pancreatitis requiring emergency surgery. Bite the bullet and have a dentist pull it.

Quoting: GB Packer Babe

bsflag

See what I mean?

Who starts this dumbass shit?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11261416
United States
01/29/2013 06:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP google turmeric for abscesses. You need an antibiotic to get the infection under control. You can try turmeric, make a tea of turmeric with warm water, you can use a coffee filter with a heaping tablespoon of turmeric soak it in the tea and then drink the tea and then put the tea wad on the abscess and soak it. Turmeric is an anti-septic. Do this while you make arrangements to go to ER, let the doc know why your mouth is yellow, though. lol and your finger tips, just incase they might think you have some kind of weird disease and try to like ,remove a kidney, or something ...

if you are on meds just go to the er ... some meds can be deadly with natural remedy.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11261416
United States
01/29/2013 06:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

bsflag

See what I mean?

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33275870

clove helps with pain but a septic tooth needs antibiotic which is where the turmeric comes in and helps purge the abscess. True dentist will not pull usually until the abscess is under control. ER is best.
GB Packer Babe

User ID: 17037796
United States
01/29/2013 07:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Dude, I'm telling ya- try the cloves for pain relief. Most of the stuff you probably already have at home. And as far as you pulling it yourself, it can cause other complications. My kid had an oral surgeon pull her wisdom teeth and they missed a chard so we had to go back to have it taken out. And as for antibiotics maybe that's all you need. I didn't lose mine- I hope you can save the tooth!

From Dr. George Malkemus DDS
[link to www.malkemusdds.com]

Treatment Of A Dental Abscess
Before the advent of modern medicine and the use of antibiotics, dental abscesses were frequent causes of death. Ancient human skulls often show large bone loss at the tip of teeth, indicating an abscess and the probable cause of death.

In its early stage, an abscess can be successfully treated with antibiotics, warm salt-water rinses and over-the-counter pain relievers. If the abscess is due to a gum infection, then usually periodontal therapy can resolve the problem. However, if the infection is due to deep decay and has damaged the tooth’s pulp, a root canal is usually needed. Sometimes tooth extraction may be necessary or an abscess may have to be surgically drained.

bsflag

See what I mean?

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33275870

The Utopian Dream Is Really A Regime

“They are so desperate to hide the truth, they’ll make it criminal to speak it!” DJT
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33269271
United States
01/29/2013 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Tooth,The whole Tooth,and nuthin' but the Tooth.........
Dukembg

User ID: 13900834
United States
01/29/2013 07:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cast it away

cruise
Prepare yourself for the coming power outage!!

Thread: Cyber Attack = American Blackout!!! Power Grid Vulnerable!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 33276320
United States
01/30/2013 01:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
the pain went away I'm going to the hospital in the morning if I can get some antibiotics.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24612361
United States
01/30/2013 02:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
google allicin
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28472873
United States
01/30/2013 02:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Infection danger is quite real. I know of someone who got endocarditis from a running tooth/gum infection. That damaged a heart valve and led to a stroke. Dead in three weeks.
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/30/2013 02:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Letting a tooth abscess go too long without dental care can infect cranial nerve 5, the Trigeminal nerve, very easily. From there the abscess spreads into the danger zone of the face, fills that sinus, and the infection travels to the Brain.

It is exceedingly unwise to handle anything more than a minor abscess yourself. If you catch it early, see my prepping link in my sig for details how in a collapse you could treat it. Otherwise, it's dangerous and criminally negligent if you let your family suffer for this.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/30/2013 02:48 AM
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 33276320
United States
01/30/2013 03:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Letting a tooth abscess go too long without dental care can infect cranial nerve 5, the Trigeminal nerve, very easily. From there the abscess spreads into the danger zone of the face, fills that sinus, and the infection travels to the Brain.

It is exceedingly unwise to handle anything more than a minor abscess yourself. If you catch it early, see my prepping link in my sig for details how in a collapse you could treat it. Otherwise, it's dangerous and criminally negligent if you let your family suffer for this.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

thanks for the info Ive been dealing with this bad tooth since 2003!
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/30/2013 03:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

thanks for the info Ive been dealing with this bad tooth since 2003!

Many times, you just have to spend the $50 and get it pulled. Instead you've had an infected tooth for nine years! That's not wisdom, my friend.

The primary bacteria for an abscess is Strep mutans. That is swallowed and comes to infect the heart valves.
[link to www.urmc.rochester.edu]

It is a primary way of damaging the heart, and in American that's the leading cause of death.
[link to www.cdc.gov]

If you don't care of yourself, then who will?

1 in 3 Americans will die of heart disease.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8433580
United States
01/30/2013 03:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
I wonder how in the heck you will accomplish that? The root is very deep. There is a reason the dentist gives you four shots of novacaine. It hurts like hell, and is hard to pull out. If you are suffering, go to the emergency dentist. There is a free dentist for emergency dental care in at least one large city in every state. You can call DHS and find out where the closest emergency dentist is if you don't insurance. In the meantime, you can visit a walkin clinic, and get cheap antibiotics that will cost about 4.00 to fill at walmart. Tell your doc that you need cheap antibiotics, that you are trying to use the 4.00 plan at walmart. Also, your doc can probably prescribe a few pain pills. Ask her to prescribe one that is cheapest to fill at walmart. Your visit to the doc, plus your medicine might cost around 100.00
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3342108
United States
01/30/2013 03:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Seriously, OP, seek some professional care. Have them bill you later. You could cause yourself some serious harm if you mess with it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13385958
United States
01/30/2013 03:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
NO!You must go on an antibiotic before it comes out...u do not want all that infection in your body.

A dentist will put you on an antibiotic and then pull it.

I know u are in a tremendous amount of pain. Anbesol helps, and putting a wet teabag on it will help to.

I will be praying for you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27253156
United States
01/30/2013 11:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yep you can. Just use pliers with rubber or leather between the tooth and the metal. Clean your mouth decently enough with baking soda rinse thoroughly then clean again with peroxide.

Get a strong, not too strong, grip on the tooth and slowly wiggle it from outer jaw to inner jaw. After a few minutes the nerves will begin deadening and the pain will start subsiding. Eventually the tooth will loosen and you can pull it free. Be sure to pull slowly so as not to leave nerve endings behind.

After the tooth has been removed apply gauze to absorb most of the bleeding you will have to keep it gauze applied for atleast 24hrs to insure a blood clot forms in the socket.

After you have removed the tooth post here and let me know how it went and I will explain to you how to avoid dry socket.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10097155

I'd really like to know if this poster has ever done what they are describing here.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17635213
Canada
01/30/2013 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
no, you must go to your dentist and receive a mercury filling, as well as fluoride treatment.

obigbro

GLP