Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,566 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 247,591
Pageviews Today: 397,846Threads Today: 130Posts Today: 2,061
05:05 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Gold buying advice to UK investor please (pro and con)

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33276533
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 05:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Gold buying advice to UK investor please (pro and con)

I've bought 500 Guernsey 8-Doubles from them, and have paid exactly zero in Customs charges.

Guernsey is a VAT-free zone.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33276533

Heck I might buy some when a few cheques clear
 Quoting: bill shitters 1.2

Yes, that's a good idea.

Buy some silver coins from them, and stop being a Goddammned bullshitter!

Not exactly helpful to me or other people searching. You may have an excellent objection to this posters ideas but you are not really helping my thread, others in my situation or the general discussion.

I am not sure who you have a problem with but why not start a separate discussion on "bullshitters" ???

why disrail a proper discussion?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33288605

I've been around here for many years, and I can tell you that poster "bill shitters" is a fucking idiot, possibly a mong.

Make of that what you will, and feel free to ignore my real-world experience and advice.
bill shitters 1.2

User ID: 19820209
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 06:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
don't buy gold/silver expecting to make ''money'' but rather to preserve or keep the ''wealth '' that you have left after the gov is robbing you blind daily...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12064276

This is why we buy

I do poceses a few coins bought way back when with tax they cost 7.5 pounds each now hitting 40 a coin
The retired thread killer

Still the killa of threads

we come in peace shoot to kill
[link to au.youtube.com]

I can not talk TO aliens but do listen to the anally probed
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26548545
United States
01/29/2013 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
i do it a bit differently, i dont use my money, i use my energy to find new ways of making money or products to specifically buy silver. i am currently selling junk on ebay, never a thought on price or money, its purely energy spent for silver, just a different way of thinking i guess but it works great, so instead of thinking about spending youre money on silver think of a way you can spend some time and energy where the end result is silver, i hope that makes sense, started thinking in terms of energy spent instead of spending money, its the all mighty dollar that is in decline not silver.then there is no fear or worries. it doesnt take too much energy with a creative mind to aquire a silver round. so tonight shut the tv off for two hours and spend some time on obtaining gold or silver, find some crap laying around the house you dont use and put on ebay, or sell or trade to get silver, perhaps you are crafty, . i have two chainsaws i just rebuilt im going to turn into 10 ounces of silver, the thought of making money off these efforts never entered my mind, couple hours a week for two weeks and they are going on ebay soon, then i get paid and instantly buy silver, energy well spent, the energy i spend getting money has stayed consistent, its not should i but how will you, anyway i have fun and i would not have a stack of rounds if i was thinking the way i used too. spend some energy on a garden too, hope i make sense, good luck
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32941130
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Brittania coins are sterling currency and therefore EXEMPT from CGT. Bear this in mind when buying bullion.

Buying VAT free silver (from Guernsey or elsewhere) is an option. BUT Customs can open packages if they want and will add the tax to be paid by you. It's a (small) chance you take.

Baird & Co. do some excellent deals. They are London based so will charge VAT on silver.
bill shitters 1.2

United Kingdom
01/29/2013 06:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
OK time for more honest advice
What are you wanting from silver

Go to the Robbin buggers at gold for cash and ask what silver at 24 carrots fetch a gram then look at site I linked and that will give going price trade and see if the difference don't make you choke on your corn flakes

Also jewlers are takers of silver if you buy bars

[link to au.youtube.com]

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33291719
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Heck I might buy some when a few cheques clear

Yes, that's a good idea.

Buy some silver coins from them, and stop being a Goddammned bullshitter!

Not exactly helpful to me or other people searching. You may have an excellent objection to this posters ideas but you are not really helping my thread, others in my situation or the general discussion.

I am not sure who you have a problem with but why not start a separate discussion on "bullshitters" ???

why disrail a proper discussion?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33288605

I've been around here for many years, and I can tell you that poster "bill shitters" is a fucking idiot, possibly a mong.

Make of that what you will, and feel free to ignore my real-world experience and advice.

Many thanks for your advice, i have added my comments to "bullshitters" posting, I asked for TONS of advice. I find it very pleasing that you challenge his posting especially as you dont know me. For that I THANK YOU.

This site has terrible problems with PRATTS (a good old yorkshireO thank the genuine who are obvious within a few sentences!

Many thanks
April
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33291719
United Kingdom
01/29/2013 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
OK time for more honest advice
What are you wanting from silver

Go to the Robbin buggers at gold for cash and ask what silver at 24 carrots fetch a gram then look at site I linked and that will give going price trade and see if the difference don't make you choke on your corn flakes

Also jewlers are takers of silver if you buy bars

Thanks i will check it out.
Many thanks
April
bill shitters 1.2

United Kingdom
01/29/2013 06:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Where did I bull shit

[link to au.youtube.com]

bill shitters 1.2

United Kingdom
01/29/2013 06:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry ought to add.

I am a pensioner on an income of £600 per month that leaves me about £200 a month after bills and expenses (although price rises and inflation are gradually reducing this figure)

I am worried about stories about gold price fixing and would like advice about that subject as well.

Many thanks
April
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33286937

Price fixing is not for us mear mortals to worry about as the price is bellow what it should be

Last Edited by bill shitters 1.2 on 01/29/2013 06:33 PM

[link to au.youtube.com]

GLP