B of A closes a 74 year old veterans account

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3571320
United States
01/29/2013 04:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
B of A closes a 74 year old veterans account
I just heard from my father that a friend of his had an account closed. This friend of his gets medical treatment from the VA. He has been informed from the VA that he will receive no life extending procedures. If he happens to get cancer the only treatment he will receive is pain killers. So, basically this guy has no medical insurance.

This guy just received a letter from the Bank of Italy this past weekend. It stated that his account balance is now zero. The account is now closed thank you for banking with us.

He says "What the hell?" and goes into his local branch office in the "Biggest Little City" to find out what has happened. They inform him that he has too much money for VA medical insurance. They have closed his account to protect him from the big bad government. They also inform him that all of his money ($60,000+) has been turned into bonds and he may have a debit card with a $20,000 a year max withdrawal limit. They also inform him that he will not be charged an fees or charges for this change.

I write this to inform all of you it has truly started. Kind of nice of them not to charge any fees. The guy now is at the banks mercy for his own money for insurance that really is in name only now.

If you have money in the bank expect to lose it as this guy has. Think of any excuse but remember they are doing it for your own protection.

100% truth and no no links just a personal story to confirm what is now happening out there.
pinkshirtguy

User ID: 1497845
United States
01/29/2013 04:57 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: B of A closes a 74 year old veterans account
Don't protect me by taking what is mine away from me.

protect me through education. If I have to much money for VA insurance, tell me. Don't fucking fix it for.

if true, sad, sad shit. B of A can kiss my dick.
poyl
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12064276
United States
01/29/2013 06:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
I just heard from my father that a friend of his had an account closed. This friend of his gets medical treatment from the VA. He has been informed from the VA that he will receive no life extending procedures. If he happens to get cancer the only treatment he will receive is pain killers. So, basically this guy has no medical insurance.

This guy just received a letter from the Bank of Italy this past weekend. It stated that his account balance is now zero. The account is now closed thank you for banking with us.

He says "What the hell?" and goes into his local branch office in the "Biggest Little City" to find out what has happened. They inform him that he has too much money for VA medical insurance. They have closed his account to protect him from the big bad government. They also inform him that all of his money ($60,000+) has been turned into bonds and he may have a debit card with a $20,000 a year max withdrawal limit. They also inform him that he will not be charged an fees or charges for this change.

I write this to inform all of you it has truly started. Kind of nice of them not to charge any fees. The guy now is at the banks mercy for his own money for insurance that really is in name only now.

If you have money in the bank expect to lose it as this guy has. Think of any excuse but remember they are doing it for your own protection.

100% truth and no no links just a personal story to confirm what is now happening out there.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3571320

make no sense in this post... title Bof A, in the letter from bank of italy?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22958406
United States
01/29/2013 06:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3571320

make no sense in this post... title Bof A, in the letter from bank of italy?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12064276

Have you no sense of history?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 3571320
United States
01/30/2013 02:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
I just wanted people to know that your money in that bank is not secure anymore. If it can happen to this guy who wants no trouble it can happen to you for another reason.
Dr. Lecter

User ID: 24275310
United States
01/30/2013 02:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP, if what you are saying is true, that gentleman has an excellent civil case against BofA.
"Moral of the story is I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again.

==== ESTJ-a (Executive) 93% Extroverted, 82% Observant, 83% Thinking, 82% Judging,72% Assertive ====

GLP