ººEATºº
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 31221408
Canada
01/29/2013 05:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Alberta economy is about to nosedive...
Alberta was the engine of the Canadian economy over the last decade.
It is clear that the good times are over now!
The 500,000 dollar houses in Edmonton are about to slip down to 300,000 before ya know it. There will be many 'toys' for sale at bargain prices here in Alberta ( quads, rv's, boats, snowmobiles,etc ).

Alberta has way overspent during the last 10 years and the chickens are coming home to roost.
Frivilous businesses will be going broke in droves over the next few years. Just watch how many of the coffee shops and restaurants here in Edmonton will close their doors this year.
In the end it doesn't even matter...
ººEATºº  (OP)

Canada
01/29/2013 05:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Alberta economy is about to nosedive...
There is economic fear in the air in Alberta right now. Big time. As goes Alberta so goes Canada. That is why many of Canada's top banks were downgraded this week. The economic storm is here!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8943526
Canada
01/29/2013 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lies. back it up
ººEATºº  (OP)

Canada
01/29/2013 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lies. back it up
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8943526

Back up the truck.
CalmShock

User ID: 5056346
Canada
01/29/2013 05:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
EAT, you're almost as bad at predicting the economy as you are at predicting earthquakes.

[link to www.theglobeandmail.com]

I live in Calgary and the housing market is expected to strengthen considerably over the next couple years.

The oil sands are creating a new boom.

You're just a fear monger and likely mildly retarded.
Patience is a virtue I just can't wait to achieve - CalmShock
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13014207
Canada
01/29/2013 05:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
I agree with you OP things here in Alberta aren't quite as rosy as people might think. Our government has projected that we will be in the red to the tune of 4-6 billion dollars this past fiscal year as opposed to the 1.5 billion surplus that was projected before the election. Buckle up it's gonna get bumpy kids.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27100737
Canada
01/29/2013 05:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I agree with you OP things here in Alberta aren't quite as rosy as people might think. Our government has projected that we will be in the red to the tune of 4-6 billion dollars this past fiscal year as opposed to the 1.5 billion surplus that was projected before the election. Buckle up it's gonna get bumpy kids.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13014207

This.

Our provincial government sold us out.

We were doing so well. Half million dollar houses, boats, rvs etc.

^^^ And that was during the global recession.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8943526
Canada
01/29/2013 05:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
well i know for a fact its Booming
ººEATºº  (OP)

Canada
01/29/2013 06:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

Alberta & Albertans way overspent. I know of many Albertans who bought property down south during this last boom. The money came from their home equity.
Just pay attention to all the business that will close over the next 3 months... just watch.
ººEATºº  (OP)

Canada
01/29/2013 06:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
EAT, you're almost as bad at predicting the economy as you are at predicting earthquakes.

I live in Calgary and the housing market is expected to strengthen considerably over the next couple years.

Quoting: CalmShock

You guys down in Calgary are in for the shock of your life. Calgary has changed... Calgary thinks it is 'invincible'. Calgary is delusional if you ask me. Calgary is going to fall the hardest because it went the highest the fastest. Wonder what your Muslim mayor will do when everyone is crying?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2674789
Canada
01/29/2013 06:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
No worries, the rice eating slopes will insource all the workers.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/29/2013 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Alberta & Albertans way overspent. I know of many Albertans who bought property down south during this last boom. The money came from their home equity.
Just pay attention to all the business that will close over the next 3 months... just watch.
 Quoting: ººEATºº

Yup. If interest rates go up even 1% you will be able to get yourself some cheap toys on kijijji during break-up this spring. I think I would like a new quad this year. How bout you?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1411797
Canada
01/29/2013 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

You guys down in Calgary are in for the shock of your life. Calgary has changed... Calgary thinks it is 'invincible'. Calgary is delusional if you ask me. Calgary is going to fall the hardest because it went the highest the fastest. Wonder what your Muslim mayor will do when everyone is crying?

Calgarians are the biggest jackasses of Canada.
ººEATºº  (OP)

Canada
01/29/2013 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
The price of Alberta oil has COLLAPSED over the last few months!

I repeat... the price of Alberta oil has collapsed over the last few months.

Australia has discovered a HUGE new oilfield. It's funny that the price of Alberta oil collapsed right around the same time that Australia announced the finding of that HUGE new oilfield. Where do you think China will get their oil from now? Hmmm? Canada or Australia? Where will they get it cheaper? Which country is closer to China?
YaRight

User ID: 33292440
United States
01/29/2013 06:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
doombacon
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
Report Abusive Post

Australia has discovered a HUGE new oilfield. It's funny that the price of Alberta oil collapsed right around the same time that Australia announced the finding of that HUGE new oilfield. Where do you think China will get their oil from now? Hmmm? Canada or Australia? Where will they get it cheaper? Which country is closer to China?

Pretty sad when Alberta cannot balance its budget if oil is below $95.00 a barrel.
ººEATºº  (OP)

Canada
Report Abusive Post

Yup. If interest rates go up even 1% you will be able to get yourself some cheap toys on kijijji during break-up this spring. I think I would like a new quad this year. How bout you?

This week it was announced that TD and a few other major CDN banks had their credit ratings cut from AAA to AA. That means it will get more expensive for them to borrow money. That means they will have to raise interest rates to compensate.
Interest rates in Canada will be going up this year! We don't have a Federal Reserve like the USA that can print an unlimited amount of money....
ººEATºº  (OP)

Canada
01/29/2013 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
doombacon
 Quoting: YaRight

Eggs over easy please. Bacon extra crispy. Shredded hashbrowns. Whole wheat toast. Thanks.
ººEATºº  (OP)

Canada
01/29/2013 06:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

Pretty sad when Alberta cannot balance its budget if oil is below $95.00 a barrel.

The problem is that Alberta is getting something like $50 or $60 per barrel of Alberta oil when West Texas prices are $90...
CalmShock

Canada
01/29/2013 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah, that has about as much of a chance of happening as an 8.1 earthquake.

As for the mayor... I didn't vote for him.

[link to www.edmontonsun.com]

[link to www.calgaryherald.com]

[link to www.infoport.ca]

You're no longer welcome in Alberta EAT. Pack your shit and get your pessimist attitude out of here.

comatose
ººEATºº  (OP)

Canada
01/29/2013 06:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Alberta boom over the last 10 years has been these mega shopping zones like South Edmonton Common. It's been a retail boom. Big box stores. Starbucks, Best Buy, Staples, Home Depot, Second Cup, 5 Guys Burger & Fries. When the money dries up ( it is drying up as we speak) the big box shopping zones will be ghost towns....
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/29/2013 06:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

The problem is that Alberta is getting something like $50 or $60 per barrel of Alberta oil when West Texas prices are $90...

This is true, however our government budgets are based on $95.00/barrel. I hope your ready for more taxes and dare I say P.S.T. ???
CalmShock

Canada
01/29/2013 06:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
And the Oilers suck. You can take them with you.
ººEATºº  (OP)

Canada
01/29/2013 06:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

You're no longer welcome in Alberta EAT. Pack your shit and get your pessimist attitude out of here.

comatose

You're a typical ass hat Calgarian. Bunch of Brokeback Cowboys down in Calgary these days.
Like I said... Calgarians think the good times will always be here and their shit don't stink.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27734903
United States
01/29/2013 06:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
"We don't have a Federal Reserve like the USA that can print an unlimited amount of money...."

This is your saving grace.

You may be in for a painful backslide, but, because of our fed, we will be selling dried cow-pies for heat in the very near future.
CalmShock

Canada
01/29/2013 06:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

comatose

You're a typical ass hat Calgarian. Bunch of Brokeback Cowboys down in Calgary these days.
Like I said... Calgarians think the good times will always be here and their shit don't stink.

How many people that move to Alberta move to Edmonton? Nobody wants to live in that filthy degenerate city so they come to Calgary, the land of opportunity.

Edmontons glory days are long gone, Calgary is the new hub of success in Alberta.

Did you even read the articles? We're booming.

"CALGARY — Alberta’s economic boom is showing little sign of slowing down, according to the latest RBC Economics Provincial Outlook released Thursday.

RBC forecasts that Alberta will continue to be among the fastest-growing provincial economies in 2013 with a real GDP growth rate of 3.5 per cent, second only to Newfoundland & Labrador’s 4.4 per cent.

Alberta will regain the top spot in the country in 2014 with Real GDP growth forecast at 4.2 per cent."

fuckyou
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1411797
Canada
01/29/2013 06:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

:comatose:

How many people that move to Alberta move to Edmonton? Nobody wants to live in that filthy degenerate city so they come to Calgary, the land of opportunity.

Edmontons glory days are long gone, Calgary is the new hub of success in Alberta.

"CALGARY — Alberta’s economic boom is showing little sign of slowing down, according to the latest RBC Economics Provincial Outlook released Thursday.

RBC forecasts that Alberta will continue to be among the fastest-growing provincial economies in 2013 with a real GDP growth rate of 3.5 per cent, second only to Newfoundland & Labrador’s 4.4 per cent.

Alberta will regain the top spot in the country in 2014 with Real GDP growth forecast at 4.2 per cent."

:fuckyou:

Calgary is mostly white collar jobs. Edmonton is blue collar jobs.

When shit goes south Edmonton will find a way and Calgary will die off. Calgary has nothing going for it, other then banff and that generates a laughably small amount of income.
CalmShock

Canada
01/29/2013 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

comatose

fuckyou

When shit goes south Edmonton will find a way and Calgary will die off. Calgary has nothing going for it, other then banff and that generates a laughably small amount of income.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1411797

When shit goes south? Shit is not going to go south anytime soon, as I've already provided links proving that.

People in Edmonton are jealous of Calgary. It's a sense of entitlement. Calgary left Edmonton in the dust and we also have a better hockey team.
stinky1

User ID: 17905748
Canada
01/29/2013 07:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

comatose

Hey Eat congrats to starting a smart thread. I usually wish you'd drop dead with your stupid threads but this is a good one. I'm with you. We are screwed. I'm in GP. This town and others where the drilling and gas plants are is where the moneycomes from. Calgary is a massive nothing burger. Imigrants and useless office people in sky rises working for the american owned o/g companies. Calgary will be zombie ville as half of those office jobs are redundant. We saw that in 2008, the panic. I visited my family in calgary in 08 and it was panic city, everyone was talking and paranoid. The squirl with the big nuts is a R'tard. Probably drives a Mercedes SUV. Just came from the rv show in gp. 70 thousand dollar ski boats, the idiots don't have property or the means to feed themselves.
Once the cascading collapse sets in there is no turning back. When the interest rates go up or like you say Australia's oil field starts producing we are done. The u.s. will not need our sulphur rich and cheap oil soon either, They have abundant oil. We got nothing in Alberta but the o/g industry and everyones maxed out in this false Utopia. I have been in the o/g industry for 15 yrs my opinions are more valid than the squirels. Any upset and it's lites out for Alberta. We are on the edge. If you look at the numbers and according to a candian per capita statistic our canadian debt situation is only half of what the u.s. has. The burp and we are screwed. The Phillipinoes will be heading home looking for work.Canadian F
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26238410
Canada
01/29/2013 07:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
well i know for a fact its Booming
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8943526

was...
stinky1

User ID: 17905748
Canada
01/29/2013 07:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

fuckyou

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1411797

When shit goes south? Shit is not going to go south anytime soon, as I've already provided links proving that.

People in Edmonton are jealous of Calgary. It's a sense of entitlement. Calgary left Edmonton in the dust and we also have a better hockey team.

sockpuppet
Typical useless eater supporting fanatical activies like hockey. Only an idiot would support a game of 20 yr old millioniares chasing a chunk of rubber. sheep

GLP