Thread for Atheists & Christians - STFU

Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 33440387
United States
02/04/2013 10:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Thread for Atheists & Christians - STFU
Gnostic thought has ZERO in common with Christianity. They're batting for the opposite team. Don't be fooled when they talk as if they're all about hidden knowledge in enlightenment. They really are being reverent to Lucifer, and hense worship Evil. It's a spiritual system based upon the opposite of Christianity. Their motto is "Do as though wilt...". There is no good or evil in that system.

It is an abomination.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

Lucifer is a made up part of the game, and it accounts for the crap the manipulators were going to pull off on this planet...

The Christian thought;

It is supernatural, nothing we can do about it... We have to wait until god, jesus takes care of the situation...Just be good, be re-born, don't sin anymore, be as little children, and you will be in heaven with me...
Talk about diffusing any real resistance...

Witches and Warlocks were burned at the stake for awakening to their nature... There is power in occult knowledge, and no, it is not evil in itself, it is neutral... The use of it lies with the holder, and it can be used for so-called evil, or so-called good, or balance purposes...

The churches did not want this knowledge to spread, and dealt with the situation, in a matter of fact gruesome manner... In other words, the jig would have been up, if it was not contained...

The thought is not, "do as though wilt"... The thought is "grow in spiritual knowledge", and take full responsibility for yourself...

The true abomination, the true evil, is Christianity...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17551129

You know, people think of Islam as the enemy of Christendom. It's not really. The real enemy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ are Gnostics.

People like you who worship evil throughout history but then deny that evil exists, you're the spawn of Lucifer himself.

We are true enemies as far as I concerned, for your Master is the Beast who serial killers, rapists, child molesters, etc also worship.

I'm always glad to shine on a light on Gnostics. You all worship the most vile being imaginable.

You can think whatever you like, and move in whatever direction you want...You are simply a part of the game of control on this planet, nothing more, and you have proven that point by your post...

You are really clueless as to the nature of existence in this galaxy, and your spoon fed nonsence is getting very stale...

According to the statistics I've seen, there are perhaps 15,000 Gnostics worldwide. It's not even a proper religion, with only a handful of organized places of worship and leadership.

Gnostic thought is a mishmash of practically a dozen religions. They purport to be true Christians but then there's no documents earlier than the Fifth century. They were a heretical cult that totally fabricated every aspect of Christianity.

On GLP there are many Gnostic Christians who actually make crazy claims. Most have very bad red karma ratings for making those claims.

Despite all the things you claim to believe, most of you worship Lucifer. On many Gnostic websites there are clear Satanic symbols.

You are hopeless deluded and worshiping evil. I can think of no worse religion or a more dangerous cult.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 02/04/2013 10:34 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17551129
Canada
02/04/2013 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Lucifer is a made up part of the game, and it accounts for the crap the manipulators were going to pull off on this planet...

The Christian thought;

It is supernatural, nothing we can do about it... We have to wait until god, jesus takes care of the situation...Just be good, be re-born, don't sin anymore, be as little children, and you will be in heaven with me...
Talk about diffusing any real resistance...

Witches and Warlocks were burned at the stake for awakening to their nature... There is power in occult knowledge, and no, it is not evil in itself, it is neutral... The use of it lies with the holder, and it can be used for so-called evil, or so-called good, or balance purposes...

The churches did not want this knowledge to spread, and dealt with the situation, in a matter of fact gruesome manner... In other words, the jig would have been up, if it was not contained...

The thought is not, "do as though wilt"... The thought is "grow in spiritual knowledge", and take full responsibility for yourself...

The true abomination, the true evil, is Christianity...

You know, people think of Islam as the enemy of Christendom. It's not really. The real enemy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ are Gnostics.

People like you who worship evil throughout history but then deny that evil exists, you're the spawn of Lucifer himself.

We are true enemies as far as I concerned, for your Master is the Beast who serial killers, rapists, child molesters, etc also worship.

I'm always glad to shine on a light on Gnostics. You all worship the most vile being imaginable.

You can think whatever you like, and move in whatever direction you want...You are simply a part of the game of control on this planet, nothing more, and you have proven that point by your post...

You are really clueless as to the nature of existence in this galaxy, and your spoon fed nonsence is getting very stale...

According to the statistics I've seen, there are perhaps 15,000 Gnostics worldwide. It's not even a proper religion, with only a handful of organized places of worship and leadership.

Gnostic thought is a mishmash of practically a dozen religions. They purport to be true Christians but then there's no documents earlier than the Fifth century. They were a heretical cult that totally fabricated every aspect of Christianity.

On GLP there are many Gnostic Christians who actually make crazy claims. Most have very bad red karma ratings for making those claims.

Despite all the things you claim to believe, most of you worship Lucifer. On many Gnostic websites there are clear Satanic symbols.

You are hopeless deluded and worshiping evil. I can think of no worse religion, or a more dangerous cult.

LOL... Now I really had to laugh at this one... When you know who is really behind christianity, and islam for that matter... The statement, that I am deluded and worshipping evil is very ironic...

No, it is you, who are deluded and worshipping evil...Wolve's in sheeps clothing comes to mind...

Btw, I really do not know what gnostic refers to... To me, it is all a bunch of labels, that means nothing... But, I can assure you, the last thing I would ever get involved in, is a group of any kind...

All groups are infiltrated... It is go your own way...
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
02/04/2013 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

You are hopeless deluded and worshiping evil. I can think of no worse religion, or a more dangerous cult.

LOL... Now I really had to laugh at this one... When you know who is really behind christianity, and islam for that matter... The statement, that I am deluded and worshipping evil is very ironic...

No, it is you, who are deluded and worshipping evil...Wolve's in sheeps clothing comes to mind...

Btw, I really do not know what gnostic refers to... To me, it is all a bunch of labels, that means nothing... But, I can assure you, the last thing I would ever get involved in, is a group of any kind...

You see folks, the Gnostics believe in one of the oldest heresies. They think that the god of the old testament is the demiurge. It has it's roots in Marcionism which can be dated to about 144 AD.

Gnostic documents date to the Fifth Century.

Then they decided to mix in some Buddhism and declare that some people are Bodhisattvas.

Then they decided to mix in some Luciferians who were doing there own thing but some decided to infiltrate the Gnostics.

Then they hooked some the Alchemists, then Rosicrucians, then Illuminati, Free Masonry.

Then they adopted New Age practices in the 20th Century and channeling.

They've been around in force since the Fifth Century though. Because it's a mishmash, then one Gnostic can believe in practically whatever they want. It's not like anyone of their beliefs will criticize them.

Of course they can't get away from their early beliefs in Lucifer and they totally re-wrote their version on the Bible. It probably would have died out, but there were a couple found during the medieval period of the Crusades as well as the 17th Century. Then in the modern era a cache was found at Nag Hammadi.

It is very dangerous. It has nothing to do with Christianity, but they like to infiltrate any discussion of Christianity. They start by talking about the Gospel of Thomas, then usually Enoch.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 02/04/2013 10:54 PM
Anonymous Coward
Canada
02/04/2013 11:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

You see folks, the Gnostics believe in one of the oldest heresies. They think that the god of the old testament is the demiurge. It has it's roots in Marcionism which can be dated to about 144 AD.

Then they decided to mix in some Buddhism and declare that some people are Bodhisattvas.

Then they decided to mix in some Luciferians who were doing there own thing but some decided to infiltrate the Gnostics.

Then they hooked some the Alchemists, then Rosicrucians, then Illuminati, Free Masonry.

They've been around in force since the Fifth Century though. Because it's a mishmash, then one Gnostic can believe in practically whatever they want. It's not like anyone of their beliefs will criticize them.

Of course they can't get away from their early beliefs in Lucifer and they totally re-wrote their version on the Bible. It probably would have died out, but there were a couple found during the medieval period of the Crusades as well as the 17th Century. Then in the modern era a cache was found at Nag Hammadi.

It is very dangerous. It has nothing to do with Christianity, but they like to infiltrate any discussion of Christianity. They start by talking about the Gospel of Thomas, then usually Enoch.

See Bolded...

Nope, beep, wrong... As I said before, you are clueless, about what is really taking place on this planet...You will never find it by researching religious material... It will lead you down many rabbit holes as intended, until you expire...

Btw, you keep referring to me as gnostic, when I told you, I do not know what it means, and I DO NOT associate with any group...

But, I get your drift - you do not like gnostics and wish to bash them... They probably feel the same about you...

Ah endgame, it was never meant to go out peacefully!!!
AgnosticDeity

User ID: 24985811
United States
02/04/2013 11:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

See Bolded...

Nope, beep, wrong... As I said before, you are clueless, about what is really taking place on this planet...You will never find it by researching religious material... It will lead you down many rabbit holes as intended, until you expire...

Btw, you keep referring to me as gnostic, when I told you, I do not know what it means, and I DO NOT associate with any group...

But, I get your drift - you do not like gnostics and wish to bash them... They probably feel the same about you...

Here is another wrong bit that i have added bold pront to.

From Wikipedia

The development of the Syrian-Egyptian school
Bentley Layton has sketched out a relationship between the various gnostic movements in his introduction to The Gnostic Scriptures (SCM Press, London, 1987). In this model, "Classical Gnosticism" and "The School of Thomas" antedated and influenced the development of Valentinus, who was to found his own school of Gnosticism in both Alexandria and Rome, whom Layton called "the great [Gnostic] reformer" and "the focal point" of Gnostic development. While in Alexandria, where he was born, Valentinus probably would have had contact with the Gnostic teacher Basilides, and may have been influenced by him.

Valentinianism flourished after the middle of the second century CE. This movement was named after its founder Valentinus (c. 100–180 AD/CE). The school is also known to have been extremely popular: several varieties of their central myth are known, and we know of "reports from outsiders from which the intellectual liveliness of the group is evident." It is known that Valentinus' students elaborated on his teachings and materials (though the exact extent of their changes remains unknown), for example, in the version of the Valentinian myth brought to us through Ptolemy.

Valentinianism might be described as the most elaborate and philosophically "dense" form of the Syrian-Egyptian schools of Gnosticism, though it should be acknowledged that this in no way debarred other schools from attracting followers. Basilides' own school was popular also, and survived in Egypt until the 4th century.

Simone Petrement, in A Separate God, in arguing for a Christian origin of Gnosticism, places Valentinus after Basilides, but before the Sethians. It is her assertion that Valentinus represented a moderation of the anti-Judaism of the earlier Hellenized teachers; the demiurge, widely regarded to be a mythological depiction of the Old Testament God of the Hebrews, is depicted as more ignorant than evil.

To read more on this obscure sect visit [link to en.wikipedia.org]
There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
02/04/2013 11:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
All of this is so heretical that I really don't feel comfortable talking about Gnosticism. I'll leave that to you.

Because Gnosticism evolved over time, I have given you the earliest date that I know of with the Marconian Heresy of around 144 AD. They absorbed a lot. There were a lot groups developing texts. That doesn't mean that say the original Marconian Heresy believers were Gnostics. I doubt you can find a scholar to say that. They are the antecedants of Gnostic thought.

I'll leave you all to discuss this real noxious stuff.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 02/05/2013 09:49 AM
Adventus Domini

User ID: 893880
United States
02/05/2013 09:40 AM
Report Abusive Post

So I guess you would discount the plethora of Old Testament prophecies pointing to Jesus Christ?

Can you also discount the non-biblical scholars and historians in the first century that establish the historic basis of Jesus Christ and the biblical gospel?

If you don't discount them, then how does this work into the sales-pitch?

As for me, I draw my faith from one undeniable fact: I am living proof of a life RADICALLY changed by the resurrecting power of Jesus Christ. And straight up, that is real.
 Quoting: Adventus Domini

Essentially, yes I would discount them...

I would discount them in terms of spiritual reality, but, not discount them in learning how the control mechanism works...

Life can and is radfically changed by recognising that the spirit stream animating your body is real, it has for me, and I can relate to you...

But, you have missed the point - the point being - religious teachings say this is the work of a jesus christ, I say it is not...Advancing spiritually is recognising who you are... Religion is designed to catch you in this advancing state, and try to contain you...

If you completely woke up to who you are, then all control mechanisms on this planet go poof for you... If sufficient numbers did this, the game/jig is up...

Do you now see the purpose of religious structure??? I don't think so, but, I tried...

Time out -- I have not palate for religion. I am a follower of Jesus because I am a life radically changed by Jesus Christ – a power much greater than myself that could change me from my powerless state of existence.

I look around and don’t have to look far to understand that we exist in a fallen world. This is paradise lost. It’s like witnessesing a shipwreck – a treasure ship that was destroyed, and all that is left are scattered pieces of beauty. This is a fallen world.

God is perfect love. God is perfect justice. How do the two reconcile in a fallen world? For me, the answer was simple: Perfect love met perfect justice at the cross. There is nothing good in me and there is no way I can account for the things I've done. However, I wear the righteousness of Christ. And because of that afforded grace, I am changed... and I am free.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Cor 12:9,10
 Quoting: Adventus Domini

Sorry, could not respond earlier, work called me out...

I understand your position, does not mean I agree with it, but you have to be, where you have to be, and I respect that...

Thank you. Your respect is appreciated, and mutual.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
02/05/2013 10:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
“In a foxhole, there are no atheists.” The Reverend William T. Cummings (Bataan)

I'm not sure if most of you know what Bataan means. It was a horrific event that happened in history during WW2 to POWs captured by the Japanese.
“The Bataan Death March which began on April 9, 1942, was the forcible transfer by the Imperial Japanese Army of 60-80,000 Filipino and American prisoners of war after the three-month Battle of Bataan in the Philippines during World War II.All told, approximately 2,500–10,000 Filipino and 100-650 American prisoners of war died before they could reach Camp O'Donnell. Death tolls vary, especially amongst Filipino POWs, because historians cannot determine how many prisoners blended in with the civilian population and escaped.

The 128 km (80 mi) march was characterized by wide-ranging physical abuse and murder, and resulted in very high fatalities inflicted upon prisoners and civilians alike by the Japanese Army, and was later judged by an Allied military commission to be a Japanese war crime.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

I'm not preaching here. If you've read my posts, there's free will. What you believe is entirely up to you. I understand that many of you have issues with Christianity. That's OK, I equally have issues with one religion in particular. We are human and we all have things which we dislike and even loathe.

Rational people are rare. Most people argue like children. Many people lack the intellectual capacity to either debate or use the dialectic to discover truth. Others cannot write well, though they have great ideas. Others don't care and they simply post nonsense as evidence , because they've never debated anyone before, and can't be bothered to learn how to debate or discuss things rationally.

We will never ever convince anyone to become an Atheist, Agnostic, Christian by reading a post on GLP. All people will either like or feel neutral or dislike a post and then respond in silly ways. Much of that is a terrible time-waster.

Instead, what would really help you, whether young or old, would be to open some books on philosophy or spirituality, and then learn to read what others have written. Then being educated in your passionate beliefs, and then having contemplated what YOU think, then YOU can decide what you think.

In seminary, a lot of Christians have a very very difficult time. Some seminaries challenge folks to prove all of their assertions. It's not enough to say, “I believe this and so it is so.”

Rational people, believe it or not, exist among Christianity. Rational people believe it or not, exist among Atheists and Agnostics. If we can find common ground then we could eliminate a ton of discord around us. We are not the enemy of each other.

I write mostly from a prepper background. I'm not a paranoid person, but from my youth I saw the beauty of Nature from a Native American perspective on the connectedness of all species. That made me very aware of God, but I also intentionally took classes on those skills and practiced them in a rural community.

I think many of you feel concerned about how life is changing. Things are less secure than they were six years ago. There's been a decline in the standard of living as well as a commensurate increase in the cost of living as well as the loss of jobs in many nations. All is NOT well.

When we see the active signs of Entropy around us, the gradual decay of relationships, items, cultural phenomena, war, drought, famine, etc then the best way to deal with that is to chose life-affirming ancestral skills. When you grow things or find wild edibles in Nature, when you hunt, trap, or fish, when you raise animals, then you feel the heartbeat of Nature in all species. Some of that is hard to understand for vegans for they dislike using animals. I understand that and respect your choices.

By reading and discovering what you belief or disbelieve and becoming a better communicator, then you hone your mind and spirit. When you grow things... then you hone the body, mind, and spirit. If you risk doing both, you might find that there is a connection between those very different things.

Journal your Odyssey of the Mind. Write down what you think and then re-read what you think. Then see how far you've come. Don't just live like flotsam floating down a river. Don't just follow everyone else who are drifting along. Worse, some people stare blankly at the sky above as they drift and are entirely obtuse to the other's drifting. It's why we don't feel connected to each other's suffering.

Paddle your canoe instead and YOU chose which way to go.

As things continue to decline, doing the above will strengthen and empower you. You might have to rely upon those skills instead of shopping at a grocery store. Even if you never have the disaster of facing an extended ice storm, you probably will face unemployment, divorce, death of spouse, etc at some point in your life. Having done those two things above, you might cope better.

When faced with a crisis, most people will find a measure of belief. It might be encountering God for seldom will your own strength of character be suffice within a terrible storm.

Real understanding comes through suffering. When we suffer, some people are so immersed in it, that they can't see that their neighbor is also suffering. If they become cognizant of the suffering of the Other, then they often will think, “They are like me. They suffer too. Their suffering is worse than mine. I have some skills, maybe I could ease their suffering? Maybe they know a way to ease mine? We don't agree about much, but at least we share this much.” If you can do that with those you disagree with, and that process often happens as you get older, some of us become more altruistic.

Altruism is a natural aspect of any spirituality. If there isn't any altruism in your spirituality, then chances are instead of sharing love and friendship, then your love become rape, a warped evil criminal practice instead.

Altruism is a natural aspect of any philosophy. Because you “woke up” by deep contemplation, you want others to “wake up” too. Make sure that's tempered by altruism or not forcing your ideas on others...that's also rape.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 02/05/2013 10:41 AM
Anonymous Coward
Canada
02/05/2013 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
DBA, you write eloquently, and would most likely be a good group leader...

But, you have not climbed the spiritual ladder enough to recognise what this galaxies purpose, and what your participation in it, is all about...

Using, a one god principle, does not really apply in the sense of what most people think... IMO, there is a prime source, and from this source, many leaves have sprung...

This galaxy, is a duality by design experiential learning creation... It has creators who set this galaxy in motion, they are not your god's... They are one step in their progression, and at one time they also participated in a galaxy creation...

That experience prompted their decision to be involved in galaxy creation, for the tremendous learning opportunity...

Your soul, and no, it is not in the body, is a participant in this galaxy... It participates by projecting a stream from itself to animate your body... This is what religion would call - the holy spirit... This is an attempt by other players in this galaxy to bring you under the one god paradigm...

Your spirit stream, and mine, are completely different, in terms of objectives, and path choices... True, at the beginning of galaxy participation, the objectives are very similar, but, eventually our unique differences has to shine through...

It is monotheism, in a polytheistic galaxy... When you have advanced enough to recognise this, you live it...Going your own way, recognising group thought and coercion for what it is...

Even the planetary soul is on it's own path... Different, in that it experiences in wave patterns, such as herd of animals, row of trees, school of fish, etc,. Where as, the soul who took the hu-man path experiences individually...

This planet is unique, in that it has some very advanced souls on this planet, who are on their last leg of galaxy participation... This planet was designed for huge diversification in experiential patterns, where individuality is expressed and shines through...

That, this planet has moved towards a one world concept, is counter to it's purpose... Signalling the end of the experiential process on this planet...

Make no mistake, this is endgame... Those souls that are ready, will move on, out of the galaxy... Those that are not, will continue experiential lessons on another planet...

You will never find this information in religious material, it has to come from within, and that will only happen, if your soul is on it's last leg...

In the end, all is revealed...

Harbouring ill feeling towards anyone, or group is not a spiritually advanced way... After all, it is an experiential learning process, and you will be on all sides of the fence many times...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33833492
United States
02/07/2013 02:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
A true atheist "lacks a belief" and that is a perfectly honest position to hold. However, the rabid atheists who argue endlessly that "there is no God" are taking the same leap of faith that the proselytizing Christians are.
 Quoting: simultaneous_final

A true atheist would state there is no God. One who merely lacks belief is generally defined as agnostic. Since you don't even grasp the basic terms involved you might consider just butting out since those who'd argue either side wouldn't listen to you anyway.
 Quoting: Raymantheheretic

An atheist LACKS BELIEF in a god or gods.

An atheist needn't express a belief that "there IS NO god".

Take, for example, someone raised without a concept of gods. They are an atheist because they don't profess a belief in god.

Strictly speaking, EVERYONE is an "agnostic". From the Jesus freaks to the rabid "positive atheists".

[link to www.merriam-webster.com]

Definition of AGNOSTIC
: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

Strictly speaking your use of the word sucks. If one thinks they believe in or know God even to the slightest degree they are not agnostic by any stretch of the definition.

You want to argue about it? Maybe you should fuckoff2

How do you know you know? Explain

Theists and atheists are both believers
simultaneous_final  (OP)

User ID: 33292391
United States
02/07/2013 02:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

A true atheist would state there is no God. One who merely lacks belief is generally defined as agnostic. Since you don't even grasp the basic terms involved you might consider just butting out since those who'd argue either side wouldn't listen to you anyway.

Take, for example, someone raised without a concept of gods. They are an atheist because they don't profess a belief in god.

Strictly speaking, EVERYONE is an "agnostic". From the Jesus freaks to the rabid "positive atheists".

Definition of AGNOSTIC
: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

Strictly speaking your use of the word sucks. If one thinks they believe in or know God even to the slightest degree they are not agnostic by any stretch of the definition.

Quoting: philo-sophia

Definition of AGNOSTIC

^^^THIS^^^
A subject observes itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself ad infinitum.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/07/2013 02:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
non-theism

look into it.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/07/2013 02:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

Definition of AGNOSTIC

Definition of AGNOSTIC

^^^THIS^^^

Thanx

Some Q's if you don't object...

What is god? Please be specific.

What is the meaning and value of god?

What are the alternatives?
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
02/07/2013 02:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

Definition of AGNOSTIC

Definition of AGNOSTIC

^^^THIS^^^

Thanx

Some Q's if you don't object...

What is god? Please be specific.

What is the meaning and value of god?

What are the alternatives?

Ask the ones who are so intent on convincing you. I'm just some guy with a completely subjective experience.
A subject observes itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself ad infinitum.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/07/2013 03:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Overall, I like your thinking OP. Just wondering, have you looked into

1. Quantum Mechanics (real QM and not quantum quackery)
and its significances (or what it really means, as in, no solid matter)

2. Chaos Theory

3. Consciousness itself as primordial

????

What do you think of the Universe/multiverse as a quantum fractal that is self aware as a hypothesis.

Your thoughts please.
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
02/07/2013 03:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Overall, I like your thinking OP. Just wondering, have you looked into

1. Quantum Mechanics (real QM and not quantum quackery)
and its significances (or what it really means, as in, no solid matter)

2. Chaos Theory

3. Consciousness itself as primordial

????

What do you think of the Universe/multiverse as a quantum fractal that is self aware as a hypothesis.

Your thoughts please.

1. I have a degree in 2ndary Math/Physics/Chem Education. So I'm well-aware of Quantum Mechanics (Physics 102 where I'm from, so to speak).

2. Chaos Theory - A theory (or group thereof) that depends too much on "initial conditions" (YET in a dynamic universe). WORTHLESS, IMHO.

3. What IS consciousness? It is (at least) "A subject which observes itself". But a rock does that... What about "a subject which observes itself observing itself"? A plant does that AND SO ON. Exponentially so.
Citizenperth

User ID: 33499077
Australia
02/07/2013 03:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
interesting topic and thread +5
It's life as we know it, but only just.
[link to citizenperth.wordpress.com]
sic ut vos es vos should exsisto , denego alius vicis facio vos change , exsisto youself , proprie
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
02/07/2013 03:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
interesting topic and thread +5
 Quoting: Citizenperth

Thank you, CP. Your opinion is really valuable to me.
404error

User ID: 1395091
Australia
02/07/2013 03:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
I can't believe cunts are still arguing this. Did any of you actually read the OP?
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
02/07/2013 04:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
I can't believe cunts are still arguing this. Did any of you actually read the OP?
 Quoting: 404error

I wonder the same thing, 404!

It's all in the OP and it's all irrefutable.

But we're not dealing with "class acts" here. LOL.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/07/2013 04:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

Ask the ones who are so intent on convincing you. I'm just some guy with a completely subjective experience.

Understood sir, they were not directed at you personally, instead they are directed at the topic of this thread.
Please only consider them as "food for thought" for you and the general reader, (me too).

Concerning 'experience',

there is the experience
the perception of the experience
the interpretation of the experience
and memory of experience
and precursors to the experience (frame?)

as an NDE'er myself, i have more questions than answers.
Powerage
User ID: 32565285
United States
02/07/2013 04:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Once again you people have no faith. No faith means you are not in God's grace. Faith without works is dead like a body without a spirit.

Here is my work. Look around you. Is it not apparent that this Earth age is ending? How much more proof do you need than that? It is written in a book today called the Holy Bible, once a collection of scrolls. All these tomes witness to each other on these very things taking place today.

What about the fact that numbers have meaning in the bible and consistently mean the same thing across all scripture, regions, languages, cultures, and centuries? This is proof of a divine influence.

What about the figures of speech, patterns in language, that also span across all scripture, regions, languages, cultures, and centuries? More proof of divine influence.

What about the FACT that Jesus Christ lived on earth for approximately 33 years and IS GOD in the flesh? Extra-biblical accounts are recorded by historians of that time. He preformed all the miracles accounted for in the Holy Scriptures and it was documented.

What about all biblical archaeology? Is that not scientific proof of the Holy Scriptures? What more?

So any that do not know the Son, do not know the Father. And HE does not and will not know you either. Any WICKED man that says God does not exist is wholly IGNORANT, and lacks knowledge and is accounted as an antichrist. We were warned of these types.

To try and discredit something, you must first know everything about it. They surely have not read anything nor do they know anything.

In the end, it does not matter. GOD IS IN CONTROL!!! This age is ending now. Get your ways straight and live in His Word. It is your choice. But regardless of what you choose, it does not affect any true Christ-man or Christ-woman because we are righteous and have the VICTORY through Christ Jesus in the end. All that persecuted us will be made subject unto us in the time to come. And I personally will make it a point to be a very, very, very strict teacher and ruler.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18225135

bsflag
zabalzis

User ID: 33859662
Romania
02/07/2013 04:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
maaaaan i would like to know you as a friend !!!..your brain is rare !! great
“In a foxhole, there are no atheists.” The Reverend William T. Cummings (Bataan)

I'm not sure if most of you know what Bataan means. It was a horrific event that happened in history during WW2 to POWs captured by the Japanese.
“The Bataan Death March which began on April 9, 1942, was the forcible transfer by the Imperial Japanese Army of 60-80,000 Filipino and American prisoners of war after the three-month Battle of Bataan in the Philippines during World War II.All told, approximately 2,500–10,000 Filipino and 100-650 American prisoners of war died before they could reach Camp O'Donnell. Death tolls vary, especially amongst Filipino POWs, because historians cannot determine how many prisoners blended in with the civilian population and escaped.

The 128 km (80 mi) march was characterized by wide-ranging physical abuse and murder, and resulted in very high fatalities inflicted upon prisoners and civilians alike by the Japanese Army, and was later judged by an Allied military commission to be a Japanese war crime.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

I'm not preaching here. If you've read my posts, there's free will. What you believe is entirely up to you. I understand that many of you have issues with Christianity. That's OK, I equally have issues with one religion in particular. We are human and we all have things which we dislike and even loathe.

Rational people are rare. Most people argue like children. Many people lack the intellectual capacity to either debate or use the dialectic to discover truth. Others cannot write well, though they have great ideas. Others don't care and they simply post nonsense as evidence , because they've never debated anyone before, and can't be bothered to learn how to debate or discuss things rationally.

We will never ever convince anyone to become an Atheist, Agnostic, Christian by reading a post on GLP. All people will either like or feel neutral or dislike a post and then respond in silly ways. Much of that is a terrible time-waster.

Instead, what would really help you, whether young or old, would be to open some books on philosophy or spirituality, and then learn to read what others have written. Then being educated in your passionate beliefs, and then having contemplated what YOU think, then YOU can decide what you think.

In seminary, a lot of Christians have a very very difficult time. Some seminaries challenge folks to prove all of their assertions. It's not enough to say, “I believe this and so it is so.”

Rational people, believe it or not, exist among Christianity. Rational people believe it or not, exist among Atheists and Agnostics. If we can find common ground then we could eliminate a ton of discord around us. We are not the enemy of each other.

I write mostly from a prepper background. I'm not a paranoid person, but from my youth I saw the beauty of Nature from a Native American perspective on the connectedness of all species. That made me very aware of God, but I also intentionally took classes on those skills and practiced them in a rural community.

I think many of you feel concerned about how life is changing. Things are less secure than they were six years ago. There's been a decline in the standard of living as well as a commensurate increase in the cost of living as well as the loss of jobs in many nations. All is NOT well.

When we see the active signs of Entropy around us, the gradual decay of relationships, items, cultural phenomena, war, drought, famine, etc then the best way to deal with that is to chose life-affirming ancestral skills. When you grow things or find wild edibles in Nature, when you hunt, trap, or fish, when you raise animals, then you feel the heartbeat of Nature in all species. Some of that is hard to understand for vegans for they dislike using animals. I understand that and respect your choices.

By reading and discovering what you belief or disbelieve and becoming a better communicator, then you hone your mind and spirit. When you grow things... then you hone the body, mind, and spirit. If you risk doing both, you might find that there is a connection between those very different things.

Journal your Odyssey of the Mind. Write down what you think and then re-read what you think. Then see how far you've come. Don't just live like flotsam floating down a river. Don't just follow everyone else who are drifting along. Worse, some people stare blankly at the sky above as they drift and are entirely obtuse to the other's drifting. It's why we don't feel connected to each other's suffering.

Paddle your canoe instead and YOU chose which way to go.

As things continue to decline, doing the above will strengthen and empower you. You might have to rely upon those skills instead of shopping at a grocery store. Even if you never have the disaster of facing an extended ice storm, you probably will face unemployment, divorce, death of spouse, etc at some point in your life. Having done those two things above, you might cope better.

When faced with a crisis, most people will find a measure of belief. It might be encountering God for seldom will your own strength of character be suffice within a terrible storm.

Real understanding comes through suffering. When we suffer, some people are so immersed in it, that they can't see that their neighbor is also suffering. If they become cognizant of the suffering of the Other, then they often will think, “They are like me. They suffer too. Their suffering is worse than mine. I have some skills, maybe I could ease their suffering? Maybe they know a way to ease mine? We don't agree about much, but at least we share this much.” If you can do that with those you disagree with, and that process often happens as you get older, some of us become more altruistic.

Altruism is a natural aspect of any spirituality. If there isn't any altruism in your spirituality, then chances are instead of sharing love and friendship, then your love become rape, a warped evil criminal practice instead.

Altruism is a natural aspect of any philosophy. Because you “woke up” by deep contemplation, you want others to “wake up” too. Make sure that's tempered by altruism or not forcing your ideas on others...that's also rape.

ssszzz9
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/07/2013 04:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: 404error

I did read it.

I'm asking questions, how does that constitute an argument in your mind?

And what's your point?

Anything relevant to the topic, or are you just having a hissy fit?
zabalzis

User ID: 33859662
Romania
02/07/2013 04:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

See Bolded...

you are right 100% man !! this guy actually tricked me ten minute ago to beelive him on what he said , my bad i did`t wrote all his treads to understand clearly what he really mean , he is a good thinker and a god man i think , but he is wrong in this way , really he has no clue about that , by the way he use this word " mishmash " !! , he knows what this word mean or the origin of this word ?!!?!
ssszzz9
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/07/2013 04:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here's what I'm driving at and will leave it at this:

If you can't explain exactly what it is you are talking and what it means, then how did you determine to the basis of having argument (god.no god) in the first place?

Until you can answer that your argument completely meaningless in the first place

thus.......

No Argument! Find something else to argue about, nothing to see here folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11346300
United States
02/07/2013 05:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
We all Human have Pineal Gland Third Eye.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/07/2013 05:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here's what I'm driving at and will leave it at this:

If you can't explain exactly what it is that you are talking and what it means, then how did you (and the other party) determine the basis of having an argument (god.no god) in the first place?

exactly what are arguing about and why? Is it the need to assert a belief?

Is it any wonder this dead horse gets kicked around and around and around and around and around and we are not there yet, some more, and around again , and .............................................................​...........................................................

thus.......

No Argument! Find something else to argue about, nothing to see here folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fix
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/07/2013 05:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
and there's another problem for both camps.....

FALSE DICHOTOMY.

Your argument is moot.
Citizenperth

User ID: 33862368
Australia
02/07/2013 05:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have found that not to be so...

Each and every person and thing that we assume to be part of reality (or not), is there for the individual; not always available to others participating (or not), in the same event.

Isn't spiritualism, religion a personal experience?... hence there is no argument, simply an individual perception of 'what is going on'.....

to be at peace therefore, is to acknowledge the 'deference', and assume that the other party has the right to believe what they will based on interpretation, albeit, upgringing...

Last Edited by CitizenPerth™ on 02/07/2013 05:28 AM
It's life as we know it, but only just.
[link to citizenperth.wordpress.com]
sic ut vos es vos should exsisto , denego alius vicis facio vos change , exsisto youself , proprie

GLP