Thread for Atheists & Christians - STFU

simultaneous_final  (OP)

User ID: 33292391
United States
02/02/2013 09:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Thread for Atheists & Christians - STFU
> Complains about people arguing about god.

> Makes an argument for god.

Everyone who enters the god debate knows that there is no final answer, thus making it the argument that never goes stale. It is one of the oldest arguments and one that will never go away.

I think you will also find that most atheists have no problem with someones individual belief in god, just what that person does with said belief.
 Quoting: LSDreamer

I used my own experiential data as a falsifiable example.

I certainly am NOT arguing FOR or AGAINST the concept of a god or gods.

If I'm mistaken, then explain how.
A subject observes itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself ad infinitum.
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
02/02/2013 09:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
...GOD IS IN CONTROL!!! This age is ending now. Get your ways straight and live in His Word. It is your choice.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18225135

I do not choose to impose any human limitations, such as gender, or emotions, such as HATE, to the Creator. I choose liberty and justice for ALL. The choice IS mine, no control required. Good thread. Peaces.
 Quoting: hillbilly

Thanks from a fellow hillbilly.

Mountaineers are always free.
A subject observes itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself observing itself ad infinitum.
christian
Suited up and Armored in Christ!

User ID: 6038128
United States
02/02/2013 09:17 PM

Report Abusive Post
...GOD IS IN CONTROL!!! This age is ending now. Get your ways straight and live in His Word. It is your choice.

I do not choose to impose any human limitations, such as gender, or emotions, such as HATE, to the Creator. I choose liberty and justice for ALL. The choice IS mine, no control required. Good thread. Peaces.

You have no control, you are either a slave to the state
or you are free to live a spirit guided life that comes from GOD Master of the Universe
Susie

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.....Matthew 6:21
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33543587
Canada
02/02/2013 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Atheists and Christians usually don't argue specifically if there is a God or there is not a God on this newsgroup.

We usually argue if Jesus Christ existed at all and if Jesus Christ is God.

We argue if the current cannoized Christian Bible is with error or completely without error.

Since the Bible is full of contradictions, we know for a fact that it is with error. Did Judas hang himself or did he fall to his death? A Christian appologist might say that he hanged and when he was cut down, his guts burst out. People who believe that the Bible is without error constantly make these kind of contrived appologies. One appology might seem o.k., but when Christians make thousands of appologies trying to say that the Bible is without error and says the same thing, then they are lying to themselves and to us.

Now God is a subjective thing. I can worship breasts and bottoms and money. God to many people is a person that has never lied and a person who hates slavery. Well we know from the Bible that Jesus lied. John 7:8-10. A Christian appologist would say he just changed his mind. "but as it were in secret" is pretty deceptive for God. Jesus also said beat slaves even though the slaves didn't know they were doing wrong. Luke 12:47-48. A Christian appologist would say that it is just a parable, a story. But a story teaches, and Jesus was teaching slavery. If he was God, the kind of God I would worship, he would say, free your slaves.

Jesus Christ was never even mentioned together before 325 a.d. Jesus wasn't even a person's name before then. In fact, we do know who wrote several parts of the Bible because we can study early versions of it and see how it changed. We can learn a lot of things by what was mentioned early on and what wasn't.

For example, the entire New Testament and Christianity is based on Revelation, a book on Astrology by Apollonius, which was never meant to be publically read. We know that Lucius Plutarchus who was a very famous Roman and royal historian, was the original Luke of the Bible because both men have the same personal history, born in the same town, died in the same place. We know that the travels of Paul (Apollonius) were really the conquest paths of Titus. And we know that the religion of Mythras later was turned into the religion of Christianity.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1518033

You bring up sound points and solid arguments. For myself I worship nothing, and believe in much. I am quite positive that there is an afterlife, based on personal experiences. What it is exactly? I am far from sure. But I believe that the essence of what makes us an individual survives on eternally. Is there a God? Yes, but this spirit is not what Christians believe. I believe this spirit we name as God does not control, punish, judge, blame or interfere. We all have free will and choice. How we live our lives and conduct ourselves is choice and can be a gift and a punishment for the soul. I believe God is the Universe, and everything in it, small and large. God is in all of us in the good AND bad we do everyday.
LOL
User ID: 32228659
United Kingdom
02/02/2013 09:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can't be an atheist, not enough cool holidays.
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
Report Abusive Post

or you are free to live a spirit guided life that comes from GOD Master of the Universe
 Quoting: christian

OK. Now try arguing that stance.

You profess a BELIEF. Call it what it is. AND LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE ALONE!
christian

United States

Report Abusive Post
Atheists and Christians usually don't argue specifically if there is a God or there is not a God on this newsgroup.

We argue if the current cannoized Christian Bible is with error or completely without error.

Since the Bible is full of contradictions, we know for a fact that it is with error. Did Judas hang himself or did he fall to his death? A Christian appologist might say that he hanged and when he was cut down, his guts burst out. People who believe that the Bible is without error constantly make these kind of contrived appologies. One appology might seem o.k., but when Christians make thousands of appologies trying to say that the Bible is without error and says the same thing, then they are lying to themselves and to us.

Now God is a subjective thing. I can worship breasts and bottoms and money. God to many people is a person that has never lied and a person who hates slavery. Well we know from the Bible that Jesus lied. John 7:8-10. A Christian appologist would say he just changed his mind. "but as it were in secret" is pretty deceptive for God. Jesus also said beat slaves even though the slaves didn't know they were doing wrong. Luke 12:47-48. A Christian appologist would say that it is just a parable, a story. But a story teaches, and Jesus was teaching slavery. If he was God, the kind of God I would worship, he would say, free your slaves.

Jesus Christ was never even mentioned together before 325 a.d. Jesus wasn't even a person's name before then. In fact, we do know who wrote several parts of the Bible because we can study early versions of it and see how it changed. We can learn a lot of things by what was mentioned early on and what wasn't.

For example, the entire New Testament and Christianity is based on Revelation, a book on Astrology by Apollonius, which was never meant to be publically read. We know that Lucius Plutarchus who was a very famous Roman and royal historian, was the original Luke of the Bible because both men have the same personal history, born in the same town, died in the same place. We know that the travels of Paul (Apollonius) were really the conquest paths of Titus. And we know that the religion of Mythras later was turned into the religion of Christianity.

You bring up sound points and solid arguments. For myself I worship nothing, and believe in much. I am quite positive that there is an afterlife, based on personal experiences. What it is exactly? I am far from sure. But I believe that the essence of what makes us an individual survives on eternally. Is there a God? Yes, but this spirit is not what Christians believe. I believe this spirit we name as God does not control, punish, judge, blame or interfere. We all have free will and choice. How we live our lives and conduct ourselves is choice and can be a gift and a punishment for the soul. I believe God is the Universe, and everything in it, small and large. God is in all of us in the good AND bad we do everyday.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33543587

But what you believe is not Universal truth, it is your opinion, and you made GOD into your image....
Susie

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
christian

United States
02/02/2013 09:21 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: simultaneous_final

Yes I believe in GOD and if other's deny him that is there buisness, I could care less actually.
Susie

Kayak Pulling Kayak

User ID: 20524828
United States
02/02/2013 09:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes I believe in GOD and if other's deny him that is there buisness, I could care less actually.

pope
Doom on!
Angelic_Warrior

User ID: 23290196
United States
02/02/2013 09:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Once again you people have no faith. No faith means you are not in God's grace. Faith without works is dead like a body without a spirit.

Here is my work. Look around you. Is it not apparent that this Earth age is ending? How much more proof do you need than that? It is written in a book today called the Holy Bible, once a collection of scrolls. All these tomes witness to each other on these very things taking place today.

What about the fact that numbers have meaning in the bible and consistently mean the same thing across all scripture, regions, languages, cultures, and centuries? This is proof of a divine influence.

What about the figures of speech, patterns in language, that also span across all scripture, regions, languages, cultures, and centuries? More proof of divine influence.

What about the FACT that Jesus Christ lived on earth for approximately 33 years and IS GOD in the flesh? Extra-biblical accounts are recorded by historians of that time. He preformed all the miracles accounted for in the Holy Scriptures and it was documented.

What about all biblical archaeology? Is that not scientific proof of the Holy Scriptures? What more?

So any that do not know the Son, do not know the Father. And HE does not and will not know you either. Any WICKED man that says God does not exist is wholly IGNORANT, and lacks knowledge and is accounted as an antichrist. We were warned of these types.

To try and discredit something, you must first know everything about it. They surely have not read anything nor do they know anything.

In the end, it does not matter. GOD IS IN CONTROL!!! This age is ending now. Get your ways straight and live in His Word. It is your choice. But regardless of what you choose, it does not affect any true Christ-man or Christ-woman because we are righteous and have the VICTORY through Christ Jesus in the end. All that persecuted us will be made subject unto us in the time to come. And I personally will make it a point to be a very, very, very strict teacher and ruler.

What you don't understand (probably because you didn't even read the original post) is that I DO have faith. I believe in God. I had an NDE and met God. It was as real to me as anything else I've experienced.

But I can't PROVE it to anyone. It would be futile to try. So even though I trust my perception, I would be asking A LOT to expect others to trust something that is purely subjective.

If you could PROVE it.. it wouldn't require faith on anyone's part.

If you KNOW .. you don't have to prove it to anyone.

If you truly "met God" how could you possibly not share. To be met with persecution is an intrinsic part of the "faith" walk.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
I Corinthians 2:14

God doesn't choose favorites.. They choose HIM

It is not the greatness of my faith that moves mountains but my faith in the greatness of God
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 340209
United States
02/02/2013 09:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here is your "scientific proof" of life after death.
Recalling what doctors are doing to your body after death is enough proof for me.

No religion BS here though.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 252372
United States
02/02/2013 09:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
partial quote "THIS AGE is ending now"!

True, so true! Then the AGE of the BAPTIZER begins!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33543587
Canada
02/02/2013 09:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

But what you believe is not Universal truth, it is your opinion, and you made GOD into your image....

If you are addressing me, then yes, what I typed is indeed my opinion. I can say this, and yet enjoy and agree with the person I quoted. We do not know what the Universal Truth is. OP likely is lucky enough to know this maybe, but in believing the OP you must have Faith and Belief in what he says. I am simply stating what I BELIEVE. You can choose (choice) to believe whatever you wish, and you can choose to believe that God is an omnipotent being that punishes people if they do not follow exactly as he says, and you can believe that God grants wishes and much more. I have had experiences that tell me things are far simpler and yet far more awesome than most think.
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
02/02/2013 09:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well, then why in the hell are you calling the poster above EITHER "a slave to the state" OR "free to live a spirit-guided life"?!

It sounds like a false dichotomy to me. Also, when you make an "either/or" assertion, you are professing certainty. You can't do that with a "belief".

That's why I say LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE ALONE.
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
02/02/2013 09:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here is your "scientific proof" of life after death.
Recalling what doctors are doing to your body after death is enough proof for me.

No religion BS here though.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 340209

That is not "proof". You can't even prove that you're awake right now.
AtsuiPanda

User ID: 16510251
United States
02/02/2013 09:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
my cousin died for a few minutes, hes christian he said nothing happened to him like a god nde, not proof but just a thought
:/sdfhasdfshasd/:
Those who live by the sword die by the sword, those who don't live by the sword are subject to those who do.
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
02/02/2013 09:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

If you are addressing me, then yes, what I typed is indeed my opinion. I can say this, and yet enjoy and agree with the person I quoted. We do not know what the Universal Truth is. OP likely is lucky enough to know this maybe, but in believing the OP you must have Faith and Belief in what he says. I am simply stating what I BELIEVE. You can choose (choice) to believe whatever you wish, and you can choose to believe that God is an omnipotent being that punishes people if they do not follow exactly as he says, and you can believe that God grants wishes and much more. I have had experiences that tell me things are far simpler and yet far more awesome than most think.

TRUST ME--OP doesn't "know" shit!

I tried to make that clear. I don't even know that I'm not dreaming right now with a head full of fabricated memories.

I (and all of us) have to have "faith" just to interact with our supposed day-to-day activities.

I didn't mention my NDE to prove anything. I mentioned it because it's my best experiential data indicating the existence of a God but IT IS COMPLETELY FALSIFIABLE AS AN ARGUMENT.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10372663
United States
02/02/2013 09:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't give many out but 5* OP!!!!
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
Report Abusive Post
partial quote "THIS AGE is ending now"!

True, so true! Then the AGE of the BAPTIZER begins!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 252372

With every passing nanosecond an "age" ends. What the hell is the point?
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
Report Abusive Post
I don't give many out but 5* OP!!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10372663

It means a lot to me. I appreciate it!
christian

United States
02/02/2013 09:39 PM

Report Abusive Post

I tried to make that clear. I don't even know that I'm not dreaming right now with a head full of fabricated memories.

I (and all of us) have to have "faith" just to interact with our supposed day-to-day activities.

I didn't mention my NDE to prove anything. I mentioned it because it's my best experiential data indicating the existence of a God but IT IS COMPLETELY FALSIFIABLE AS AN ARGUMENT.

Can you PROVE your thread is not totally useless?
Susie

They'refixingtheroad

User ID: 18708307
United States
02/02/2013 09:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
My experiential data (a near-death experience that was seemingly as "real" as anything else I've experienced) says YES.

That's why I believe in God.

But I'd be a liar if I said that my NDE provides "proof"--even to myself. After all, my dreams are as "real" as anything even when I'm walking on the ceiling and lightsaber fighting and flying a MIG--all with a head full of outlandish memories.

It was September 14th, 2007 when I died... A good sleep. I saw no angels with wings etc... When I came out of it I thought that my ancestors should have at least been there... I was a big follower of Jesus at the time too. I look at it all now within Sacred Mystery. As in my NDA didn't provide proof but it sure did allow me to remove the face of god... Sacred Mystery to me now. I like it here better.
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
02/02/2013 09:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

No.

However, I would hope that this thread can close the case on this whole "PROOF of god/no god" bullshit that polluted GLP every fucking day.
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
02/02/2013 09:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
My experiential data (a near-death experience that was seemingly as "real" as anything else I've experienced) says YES.

That's why I believe in God.

But I'd be a liar if I said that my NDE provides "proof"--even to myself. After all, my dreams are as "real" as anything even when I'm walking on the ceiling and lightsaber fighting and flying a MIG--all with a head full of outlandish memories.

It was September 14th, 2007 when I died... A good sleep. I saw no angels with wings etc... When I came out of it I thought that my ancestors should have at least been there... I was a big follower of Jesus at the time too. I look at it all now within Sacred Mystery. As in my NDA didn't provide proof but it sure did allow me to remove the face of god... Sacred Mystery to me now. I like it here better.
 Quoting: They'refixingtheroad

See? You're being intellectually honest. It would be nice if everybody was as honest.

Good post!
christian

United States
02/02/2013 09:46 PM

Report Abusive Post

No.

However, I would hope that this thread can close the case on this whole "PROOF of god/no god" bullshit that polluted GLP every fucking day.

Well your entitled to HOPE as the days are long...

carry on.

Susie

Fishy

User ID: 23648161
United States
02/02/2013 09:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Once again you people have no faith. No faith means you are not in God's grace. Faith without works is dead like a body without a spirit.

Here is my work. Look around you. Is it not apparent that this Earth age is ending? How much more proof do you need than that? It is written in a book today called the Holy Bible, once a collection of scrolls. All these tomes witness to each other on these very things taking place today.

What about the fact that numbers have meaning in the bible and consistently mean the same thing across all scripture, regions, languages, cultures, and centuries? This is proof of a divine influence.

What about the figures of speech, patterns in language, that also span across all scripture, regions, languages, cultures, and centuries? More proof of divine influence.

What about the FACT that Jesus Christ lived on earth for approximately 33 years and IS GOD in the flesh? Extra-biblical accounts are recorded by historians of that time. He preformed all the miracles accounted for in the Holy Scriptures and it was documented.

What about all biblical archaeology? Is that not scientific proof of the Holy Scriptures? What more?

So any that do not know the Son, do not know the Father. And HE does not and will not know you either. Any WICKED man that says God does not exist is wholly IGNORANT, and lacks knowledge and is accounted as an antichrist. We were warned of these types.

To try and discredit something, you must first know everything about it. They surely have not read anything nor do they know anything.

In the end, it does not matter. GOD IS IN CONTROL!!! This age is ending now. Get your ways straight and live in His Word. It is your choice. But regardless of what you choose, it does not affect any true Christ-man or Christ-woman because we are righteous and have the VICTORY through Christ Jesus in the end. All that persecuted us will be made subject unto us in the time to come. And I personally will make it a point to be a very, very, very strict teacher and ruler.

I just vomited in my mouth.
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
02/02/2013 09:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

What you don't understand (probably because you didn't even read the original post) is that I DO have faith. I believe in God. I had an NDE and met God. It was as real to me as anything else I've experienced.

But I can't PROVE it to anyone. It would be futile to try. So even though I trust my perception, I would be asking A LOT to expect others to trust something that is purely subjective.

If you could PROVE it.. it wouldn't require faith on anyone's part.

If you KNOW .. you don't have to prove it to anyone.

If you truly "met God" how could you possibly not share. To be met with persecution is an intrinsic part of the "faith" walk.
 Quoting: Angelic_Warrior

I've shard the experience with enough people. It was weird. It was similar to your basic NDE.

It's not the point of this thread. Like I said in the original post, my experience gives me an "educated guess" but is NOT proof--even to me.
simultaneous_final  (OP)

United States
02/02/2013 09:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

No.

Well your entitled to HOPE as the days are long...

carry on.

Yes, Christian--I realize that lots of people LIKE YOU will continue to argue a moot point even when it's demonstrated in this thread to be COMPLETELY FUTILE. But carry on, never getting any closer to the "proof" you think is out there.
T-Cain

User ID: 10235814
United States
Report Abusive Post
My spiritual philosophy is for me and me alone.
LSDreamer

User ID: 14896274
Australia
Report Abusive Post
> Complains about people arguing about god.

> Makes an argument for god.

Everyone who enters the god debate knows that there is no final answer, thus making it the argument that never goes stale. It is one of the oldest arguments and one that will never go away.

I think you will also find that most atheists have no problem with someones individual belief in god, just what that person does with said belief.
 Quoting: LSDreamer

I used my own experiential data as a falsifiable example.

I certainly am NOT arguing FOR or AGAINST the concept of a god or gods.

If I'm mistaken, then explain how.

First things first, stop saying you used experimental data, you didn't. Experimental data is a scientific process using measurements, provable test method etc.

You joined the argument when you said I believe in god because of X, if you thought no one was going to challenge you on that position, why make the thread? If you don't want to have the argument, why state it? I believe that near death experiences are shown by science to be from the release if chemicals in your brain, or the brains reaction to a sudden onset of extreme stress in the case of near miss car accidents etc.

I already explained that everyone who enters the debate knows that there is no end to it, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be debated.
Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.
~ Christopher Hitchens.

GLP