Thread for Atheists & Christians - STFU

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33674751
United States
02/04/2013 01:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Thread for Atheists & Christians - STFU

It might have been a good idea to leave that line out.

Talk about meaningless drivel.

You are ALL exactly the same.

Not a shred of difference.

I can pick a "Christian" out in two seconds flat, and it isn't because they are so spiritual and good either.

Some of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard come from the mouths of most Christians.

I should know, I was a devout Christian for 25 years and left because you people are ALL, yes every single one of you, the same. The endless contradictions and hypocrisy were two other reasons.

That book and subsequent religion is full of SHIT!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33674751

Well that's just your subjective opinion, isn't it? You don't offer any intellectual discourse whatsoever. It's very lazy writing. Why not write instead about what YOU think, rather than resort to puerile slander like "That book and subsequent religion is full of SHIT!"?

That's not how rational people talk, but how fundamentalists talk. So you've simply exchanged your probably once balanced spirituality for some dogmatic kneejerk response. How is that better?

To say that all one billion people are the same is quite frankly moronic.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

No, no it's not.

It comes from 25 YEARS of research and asking questions.

You, on the other hand, haven't looked outside of your box for your entire life.

You're not willing to debate me and take the chance of being persuaded or even trying to understand one other person who is engaging you. That's sad. You see the opposite is true on my side, because unlike you I am interested in what you think. You devalue others who don't agree with you. That shows a real lack of character.

Because you can't debate without facts, it's impossible, just like OP said.

I don't need persuasion, I've been there, 25 years, can you read?

You are an especially annoying Christian.
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 33440387
United States
02/04/2013 01:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well that's just your subjective opinion, isn't it? You don't offer any intellectual discourse whatsoever. It's very lazy writing. Why not write instead about what YOU think, rather than resort to puerile slander like "That book and subsequent religion is full of SHIT!"?

That's not how rational people talk, but how fundamentalists talk. So you've simply exchanged your probably once balanced spirituality for some domgmaitic kneejerk response. How is that better?

Funny how you picked that one line out amongst everything that was said in that post.

You're a Christian, aren't you?

See how easy that was?

See ya. hi

Note unlike you I didn't say something equally perverse. It's not the mark of an intelligent person, only a jerk. It's pathetic, and not the way to debate, but rather the actions of a spoiled child.

Or, well studied in "Christianity".

Name calling, how Christian-like.

See? You're all the same.

Hypocrites, every one of ya.

HA! I scoff at your remark. Calling you a jerk is so tame and mild versus saying that Christianity and the Bible are full of SHIT! Come now, that's no comparison! Are you saying it's fine to call a billion people, their religion, and their beliefs, and their sacred text full of excrement?

You're absurd and too sensitive....and a JERK of the 1st magnitude!
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
02/04/2013 01:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

That's not how rational people talk, but how fundamentalists talk. So you've simply exchanged your probably once balanced spirituality for some dogmatic kneejerk response. How is that better?

No, no it's not.

You, on the other hand, haven't looked outside of your box for your entire life.

You're not willing to debate me and take the chance of being persuaded or even trying to understand one other person who is engaging you. That's sad. You see the opposite is true on my side, because unlike you I am interested in what you think. You devalue others who don't agree with you. That shows a real lack of character.

I'm annoying because you're lack debate skills and are intellectually not my equal!
Nah nah na nah nah!
neener2

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 02/04/2013 01:51 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24392638
United States
02/04/2013 01:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's time to start thinking about what you've been taught. If you've thought about it, weighed its pros and cons, investigated other religions, other philosophies, other ways of living, then you came to your decision on your own rather than being indoctrinated into your religion since birth. Now you won't feel the need to convince others of your faith because it is rock solid within you and it matters not what others believe. Now you can live your faith in peace and harmony, and you realize that if everyone lived their faith in peace and harmony, this world would be a heaven on earth.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24392638

Actually, while raised a Christian, I am much older than you imagine and have intentionally chosen to believe in Christianity by studying it. I have believed it by using Faith and Reason in a very disciplined way by a mind trained in college and graduate school. I am hardly indoctrinated.

Are you indoctrinated? I wouldn't ever say such things, for do you not have Free Will, or are you an automaton? I don't know anyone save those who truly was indoctrinated by going through a starvation process mostly of carbohydrates and went through a long period of sleep deprivation and so became mentally broken through a cult process. Those folks are rare and universally identified, for example like the Unification Church. It's intellectually dishonest to say that Christians only believe because of indoctrination, for in reality they have autonomy and can easily choose what they believe, just as atheists choose what they believe.

I agree that some faiths if lived into might lead to a world of harmony. Most faiths in history can get along, although there are periods in which fundamentalists of all religions have persecuted each other. Even Buddhists who are known for being peaceful (which is a stereotype not always bourne out by reality) have engaged in ethnic cleansing. Your model is very simplistic and stereotypical.

In Gnostic thought, which seems to be your thought, Lucifer is the lightbringer and so in that religion, the one in which Christians feel is the incarnation of Evil is the last one they'd worship. I hope you're not believing in that discredited spiritual system.

I am not a gnostic but who discredited gnostic thought? You? Your church?

Gnostics do not look to salvation from sin (original or other), but rather from the ignorance of which sin is a consequence. Ignorance -- whereby is meant ignorance of spiritual realities -- is dispelled only by Gnosis, and the decisive revelation of Gnosis is brought by the Messengers of Light, especially by Christ, the Logos of the True God. It is not by His suffering and death but by His life of teaching and His establishing of mysteries that Christ has performed His work of salvation.

So you see, your religion's obsession with evil was wrong about Gnosis. The previous paragraph was copied from the Gnosis Archive ( [link to gnosis.org] Christianity's mission is to discredit any other religion or philosophy to maintain that Christianity is the only true religion. You have studied your religion but you have not opened your mind to the study of other religions or philosophic thought so you have no right to condemn them or subject them to evil intentions.
Adventus Domini

User ID: 893880
United States
Report Abusive Post
Your Christian religion has also led you down erroneous religious paths. Jesus did not start the Christian religion; his followers did many years after the fact. Jesus cannot save you; you must save yourself, and you do that according to how you live your life. Jesus did not die for your sins; your sins are your own, not his. He died to show you that there is no death; that is what Lazarus and the resurrection is all about. But your religion does not want you to know that because then they would have no power over you. As it is now, the church holds you in life-long fear that you will rot in hell if you don't obey the church's commands. The CHURCH'S commands, not God's commands. The church commands you by putting words in God's mouth. Is that the kind of bogus faith you want?

Jesus did begin a religious movement which began as soon as he begin preaching. We know that from the disciples who He immediately attracted.

What you're discussing is the state religion of Constantine which I admit happened far later. Prior is was a tiny movement.

Jesus by definition by dying on the Cross was done to redeem the whole world. He said it many times. That is the basis for Christianity, and if He didn't come back three days later and ressurected then it wouldn't be a religion. You don't understand much about Christian belief, do you?

If you're proposing your own belief system, then instead you should explain that carefully, not interweave Jesus within your idea. You should expand upon this self-saving, for what you say is not clear.

Are you a Gnostic, because it sounds like it?

Tell me where Jesus said he was going to redeem the world from the cross...

Here -- one where he clearly points back to the prophecies of the Old Testament. There are more.

Luke 24:44-48

He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things.

Last Edited by Adventus Domini on 02/04/2013 01:57 PM
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post

Funny how you picked that one line out amongst everything that was said in that post.

You're a Christian, aren't you?

See how easy that was?

See ya. hi

Note unlike you I didn't say something equally perverse. It's not the mark of an intelligent person, only a jerk. It's pathetic, and not the way to debate, but rather the actions of a spoiled child.

HA! I scoff at your remark. Calling you a jerk is so tame and mild versus saying that Christianity and the Bible are full of SHIT! Come now, that's no comparison! Are you saying it's fine to call a billion people, their religion, and their beliefs, and their sacred text full of excrement?

I'm the sensitive one? lmao

Mirrors suck, eh?
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/04/2013 01:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

No, no it's not.

I'm annoying because you're lack debate skills and are intellectually not my equal!
Nah nah na nah nah!
neener2

There is no "debate" without facts.

You're going to have to come up with a new word for it, because debating the truth or falsehood of religion is impossible.

Keep trying.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/04/2013 01:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

No, no it's not.

Nah nah na nah nah!
neener2

Now THAT is a double fail.

Trying to insult someones intellect while totally failing in grammar AND spelling.

Priceless!
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/04/2013 02:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
I never said I was an atheist, you just assumed that. I do believe in God but not the God of the bible, and my beliefs are my beliefs. I have no need to share them with anyone because it doesn't matter to me what anyone else thinks. We all have our own path to travel. All paths lead to God and mine is none of your business. I'm only commenting on yours because you put it on a public forum.

I am also not questioning whether God exists or not. My experiences tell me God does exist but not the personal God of Christianity.

Another wrong assumption you made was my not knowing any Buddhists. I volunteered at a Buddhist publishing house for a year that published only books by Thich Nhat Hanh. People who wanted to know more about Buddhist thought contacted the publisher for books to read. People who are searching contact that which offers them answers. They are not hit over the head like rabid Christians spouting chapter and verse. I'm not saying that's what you're doing but there are plenty who do. I've met many born-again Christians who are the worst people I've ever known. They were not Christlike even by accident.

I also had a very close friend who was a Hindu and he never once tried to convert me to his way of thinking, nor did his Hindu friends.

One more thought and then I'm done. What I don't like about Christians is their obsessive focus on Satan. I've been to church services with friends or because of funerals and the emphasis on evil makes me want to puke. Talk about devil worship! Even my own mother's funeral was full of Satan crap.

Change the focus to love and you change the world. You attract what you put out there, which is universal law.

You mean you're willing to criticize my beliefs and then not discuss yours? That's strange and also unusual for you to engage me and openly put me down for all my spiritual failings than fail to discuss yours!
SmileyWink

Come come, don't be such a coward. Let's talk about your beliefs too.

We should talk about Thich Nhat Hanh then, for it is undeniable that he's both a brilliant man as well as a devout spiritual man. Regardless even that system recognizes some sense of spiritual attainment in which people evolve into a bodhisattva or higher. So you're denying the existence of God per se.

Some Christians. My gosh there are a billion of us. You're making a really huge dishonest stereotype. I don't know any two that are the same, not many but the extreme sort of fundamentalists who spend a ton of time on Satan's presence.

The problem with only love is that it isn't defineable and is so loose as to be almost meaningless. It's a bland idea discussing universal love, and unattainable.

It's like saying, "See if everyone would just love each other, then everything would be perfect...." which is admirable and noble and hopelessly naive too.

I can pick a "Christian" out in two seconds flat, and it isn't because they are so spiritual and good either.

Some of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard come from the mouths of most Christians.

I should know, I was a devout Christian for 25 years and left because you people are ALL, yes every single one of you, the same. The endless contradictions and hypocrisy were two other reasons.

Amen!
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
02/04/2013 02:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's time to start thinking about what you've been taught. If you've thought about it, weighed its pros and cons, investigated other religions, other philosophies, other ways of living, then you came to your decision on your own rather than being indoctrinated into your religion since birth. Now you won't feel the need to convince others of your faith because it is rock solid within you and it matters not what others believe. Now you can live your faith in peace and harmony, and you realize that if everyone lived their faith in peace and harmony, this world would be a heaven on earth.

Actually, while raised a Christian, I am much older than you imagine and have intentionally chosen to believe in Christianity by studying it. I have believed it by using Faith and Reason in a very disciplined way by a mind trained in college and graduate school. I am hardly indoctrinated.

Are you indoctrinated? I wouldn't ever say such things, for do you not have Free Will, or are you an automaton? I don't know anyone save those who truly was indoctrinated by going through a starvation process mostly of carbohydrates and went through a long period of sleep deprivation and so became mentally broken through a cult process. Those folks are rare and universally identified, for example like the Unification Church. It's intellectually dishonest to say that Christians only believe because of indoctrination, for in reality they have autonomy and can easily choose what they believe, just as atheists choose what they believe.

I agree that some faiths if lived into might lead to a world of harmony. Most faiths in history can get along, although there are periods in which fundamentalists of all religions have persecuted each other. Even Buddhists who are known for being peaceful (which is a stereotype not always bourne out by reality) have engaged in ethnic cleansing. Your model is very simplistic and stereotypical.

In Gnostic thought, which seems to be your thought, Lucifer is the lightbringer and so in that religion, the one in which Christians feel is the incarnation of Evil is the last one they'd worship. I hope you're not believing in that discredited spiritual system.

I am not a gnostic but who discredited gnostic thought? You? Your church?

Gnostics do not look to salvation from sin (original or other), but rather from the ignorance of which sin is a consequence. Ignorance -- whereby is meant ignorance of spiritual realities -- is dispelled only by Gnosis, and the decisive revelation of Gnosis is brought by the Messengers of Light, especially by Christ, the Logos of the True God. It is not by His suffering and death but by His life of teaching and His establishing of mysteries that Christ has performed His work of salvation.

So you see, your religion's obsession with evil was wrong about Gnosis. The previous paragraph was copied from the Gnosis Archive ( [link to gnosis.org] Christianity's mission is to discredit any other religion or philosophy to maintain that Christianity is the only true religion. You have studied your religion but you have not opened your mind to the study of other religions or philosophic thought so you have no right to condemn them or subject them to evil intentions.

Gnostics believe this, which I believe is PURE EVIL.
[link to www.theforbiddenreligion.com]
"11. LUCIFER, THE LIBERATOR

Gnostic myths relate that Lucifer is the Messenger of the Unknowable God. We had said that this God, the greatest one, unreachable and unknowable, is unable to penetrate this limited universe of impure and satanic matter. But according to these myths, he can send someone, Lucifer. Only with a supreme sacrifice can an incredibly Spiritual and pure being of antimatter fire break through into the infernal world of this universe. According to Gnostic legends and myths, the great Unknowable God sent Lucifer, angel of indescribable fire and light, to show man the light and to help him wake up and see his true origin, the origin of his Spirit, which has been perversely imprisoned in this impure matter called body-soul. He is an uncreated being, who came to the created world to bring Light: Liberating Gnosis. The saving knowledge which can wake man up and help him free his imprisoned Spirit. The knowledge which allows him to know who he truly is, why he is here in this world and what he has to do to liberate himself and fulfil his Spirit, which belongs to another uncreated and unknowable plane.

We have said that Lucifer came to the world to wake man up, to help him remember his divine origin, the divine origin of his Spirit, and to help him free himself from the body-soul in which he is trapped, and from created time and matter. "

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 02/04/2013 02:06 PM
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/04/2013 02:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
You mean you're willing to criticize my beliefs and then not discuss yours? That's strange and also unusual for you to engage me and openly put me down for all my spiritual failings than fail to discuss yours!
SmileyWink

Come come, don't be such a coward. Let's talk about your beliefs too.

We should talk about Thich Nhat Hanh then, for it is undeniable that he's both a brilliant man as well as a devout spiritual man. Regardless even that system recognizes some sense of spiritual attainment in which people evolve into a bodhisattva or higher. So you're denying the existence of God per se.

Some Christians. My gosh there are a billion of us. You're making a really huge dishonest stereotype. I don't know any two that are the same, not many but the extreme sort of fundamentalists who spend a ton of time on Satan's presence.

The problem with only love is that it isn't defineable and is so loose as to be almost meaningless. It's a bland idea discussing universal love, and unattainable.

It's like saying, "See if everyone would just love each other, then everything would be perfect...." which is admirable and noble and hopelessly naive too.

No, no it's not.

I like you!
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
02/04/2013 02:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

Nah nah na nah nah!
neener2

Trying to insult someones intellect while totally failing in grammar AND spelling.

Priceless!

HAHAHA! Touché. Quite right! I totally buggered that up! ROFL! I've been up for 24+ hours. I did totally fail, but obviously I was joking!
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post

No, no it's not.

I like you!

Tired of it, man.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
Your Christian religion has also led you down erroneous religious paths. Jesus did not start the Christian religion; his followers did many years after the fact. Jesus cannot save you; you must save yourself, and you do that according to how you live your life. Jesus did not die for your sins; your sins are your own, not his. He died to show you that there is no death; that is what Lazarus and the resurrection is all about. But your religion does not want you to know that because then they would have no power over you. As it is now, the church holds you in life-long fear that you will rot in hell if you don't obey the church's commands. The CHURCH'S commands, not God's commands. The church commands you by putting words in God's mouth. Is that the kind of bogus faith you want?

Jesus did begin a religious movement which began as soon as he begin preaching. We know that from the disciples who He immediately attracted.

What you're discussing is the state religion of Constantine which I admit happened far later. Prior is was a tiny movement.

Jesus by definition by dying on the Cross was done to redeem the whole world. He said it many times. That is the basis for Christianity, and if He didn't come back three days later and ressurected then it wouldn't be a religion. You don't understand much about Christian belief, do you?

If you're proposing your own belief system, then instead you should explain that carefully, not interweave Jesus within your idea. You should expand upon this self-saving, for what you say is not clear.

Tell me where Jesus said he was going to redeem the world from the cross. And by the way, what a terrible image to base a religion on, one of torture and suffering, a man hanging on a cross to die a slow, painful death. I realize that was the accepted way of execution in those days but for a religion to make that an icon is totally absurd. It conveys that you are meant to suffer, that to enjoy life is a sin. Then again, most everything in the Christian church is a sin. There goes that obsession with Satan again ...

Jesus did not come to start a religion. He came to show people the right way to live, which consisted to 2 important things: love God and love your neighbor as yourself. He also came to show that death was not the end of life, that our souls go on after the body dies. He appeared 3 days later in his light body, which is the spiritual body (or the heavenly body, if you prefer) made of light. Everyone who dies goes through this same process. Some people's vibrations are higher than others and they can see the light body of people who have died, or their vibrations were high when they died that their light bodies are also high vibration and therefore visible. Jesus had a very high vibration so he was able to appear to his loved ones and others. People didn't understand that at the time. They thought he was God, so they made him God. People weren't too well versed in a lot of things 2,000 years ago, which is why a religion was created.

But Jesus did not come to start a religion. I'll say it again: he came to teach people the right way to live. He is very high on the spiritual ladder and is probably the first perfected soul. There are others who are behind him, such as Buddha, Mohammad, and other "teachers" who came to guide/teach us earthlings a more enlightened way of life. Then there's Parmahansa Yogananda, a yogi in India 100 years ago who told the exact hour of his death some time in the future and who died at exactly that hour. His body after 20 days had not decomposed one bit. I wouldn't be a bit surprised but it's still in a perfect state.

You're a Gnostic, aren't you?

If it pleases you to think I'm a Gnostic, have at it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4294679
United States
Report Abusive Post
Here's a good bible quote:

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment."
(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

Selling your daughter as a sex slave is okay says the bible!

Shall I bring up the quote that says it's okay for parents to stone their children to death as well?

Bible to totally evil and been used to program the sheeple that can't think for themselves.
Same goes for all other religions, they're all crap used to control and divide us.

Go sell your daughter Christians, the bible says it's all good!

5a
sheep
5a
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/04/2013 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Nah nah na nah nah!
neener2

Priceless!

HAHAHA! Touché. Quite right! I totally buggered that up! ROFL! I've been up for 24+ hours. I did totally fail, but obviously I was joking!

I certainly hope so.

We are in no way, shape or form, intellectually equal.

I surpassed you a loooong time ago.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
02/04/2013 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Mirrors suck, eh?

Hahahahah I'm laughing at you. The comparison of a billion souls covered in excrement because you're a sad little man and unhappy with Christians it too much.

You got upset with being called a jerk. Talk about oversensitive!
rofl
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/04/2013 02:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment."

Shall I bring up the quote that says it's okay for parents to stone their children to death as well?

Bible to totally evil and been used to program the sheeple that can't think for themselves.
Same goes for all other religions, they're all crap used to control and divide us.

5a
sheep
5a
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4294679

But but, that's the OLD God's words.

We worship the new God. lmao
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
02/04/2013 02:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

Nah nah na nah nah!
neener2

Priceless!

I certainly hope so.

Actually no. You haven't refuted anything I've said so far. I'd like to see you demolish St. Anselm's ontological proof. That would be something.

Trying to prove the absence of Supreme Being would be extremely difficult. I doubt your intellectually superior mind could do it. I encourage you to try.

So far you've largely used sterotypes, and your laughable form of debate would get you laughed out of a survey course of Philosophy.

It's interesting behavior because for the most part, I think I'm the only person who has praised rational atheists in this thread, not because I agree with them, but because I respect anyone willing to take the time to formulate their beliefs.

On the other hand, your idea of debate is based upon pejoratives.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 02/04/2013 02:15 PM
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/04/2013 02:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Mirrors suck, eh?

Hahahahah I'm laughing at you. The comparison of a billion souls covered in excrement because you're a sad little man and unhappy with Christians it too much.

rofl

That doesn't sound like the words of someone who is having a good time to me.

No, those are the words of butthurt.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4294679
United States
02/04/2013 02:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

5a
sheep
5a

You mean the new fairy tale written by man?
Oh yeah!
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/04/2013 02:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

Mirrors suck, eh?

rofl

I simply highlighted being called a jerk so as to draw attention to the "debate" skills and hypocrisy of "Christians".

Apparently, it went right over your head.

Shocker.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
02/04/2013 02:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

Mirrors suck, eh?

rofl

See that precisely what I mentioned. It's the sign of a total lack of decorum. If I use baby words like butthurt x 3, do I win? Huh huh?

Pathetic loser. Be the intellectual you claim to be, if you dare.

I am totally mocking you and laughing. Not because you are brilliant, but because you're so weak.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 02/04/2013 02:18 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17551129
Canada
02/04/2013 02:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

Tell me where Jesus said he was going to redeem the world from the cross...

Here -- one where he clearly points back to the prophecies of the Old Testament. There are more.

Luke 24:44-48

He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things.
 Quoting: Adventus Domini

You know, it is nice to quote those verse's, they sound nice, and I am sure they are empowering to those of the faith... Following them, I am relatively certain gives people peace of mind...

But, for me, I see a big scam going on...

Using a concept, such as a prime source, which in my opinion is very accurate, then implanting the idea that this source, through disciples, laid down commandments, and sent his only son to redeem the world, due to a corruption by satan, is RIDICULOUS...

A control mechanism of the highest order, set up in a hierarchial manner to maintain and instill this paradigm...

Very clever, I might add... As no one could prove to another that the concept being put forth, and the resulting books are or are not from the prime source...

For such things, you have to go with combined research, and intuition...With intuition as the most reliable...

My intuition says - Buyer beware, scam alert...
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/04/2013 02:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

Priceless!

I certainly hope so.

Actually no. You haven't refuted anything I've said so far. I'd like to see you demolish St. Anselm's ontological proof. That would be something.

Trying to prove the absence of Supreme Being would be extremely difficult. I doubt your intellectually superior mind could do it. I encourage you to try.

So far you've largely used sterotypes, and your laughable form of debate would get you laughed out of a survey course of Philosophy.

It's interesting behavior because for the most part, I think I'm the only person who has praised rational atheists in this thread, not because I agree with them, but because I respect anyone willing to take the time to formulate their beliefs.

See how Christians debate?

They think they know everything and attempt to portray me as an atheist because no other ideas will come to your tiny little brain as to how you can paint me into your little box.

It's not working either.

You're right, I'm not going to debate you, I will only use logic and reason because to debate, AGAIN, you have to have FACTS.

Something Christians severely lack.

Are you getting it yet?
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
02/04/2013 02:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

Mirrors suck, eh?

rofl

I simply highlighted being called a jerk so as to draw attention to the "debate" skills and hypocrisy of "Christians".

Shocker.

You are clueless about debating. Obviously you have never had to do it in an academic setting.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/04/2013 02:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

5a
sheep
5a

You mean the new fairy tale written by man?
Oh yeah!

Yes, not the old fairy tale written by man.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
02/04/2013 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

I certainly hope so.

See how Christians debate?

They think they know everything and attempt to portray me as an atheist because no other ideas will come to your tiny little brain as to how you can paint me into your little box.

It's not working either.

You're right, I'm not going to debate you, I will only use logic and reason because to debate, AGAIN, you have to have FACTS.

Something Christians severely lack.

Are you getting it yet?

Have you used one fact yet? I'm waiting for one.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/04/2013 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

Mirrors suck, eh?

rofl

See that precisely what I mentioned. It's the sign of a total lack of decorum. If I use baby words like butthurt x 3, do I win? Huh huh?

Pathetic loser. Be the intellectual you claim to be, if you dare.

I am totally mocking you and laughing. Not because you are brilliant, but because you're so weak.

I've already won.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/04/2013 02:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Mirrors suck, eh?

rofl

Shocker.

You are clueless about debating. Obviously you have never had to do it in an academic setting.

I have, and we always bring facts, not opinions.

You have yet to show even one.

GLP