Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,156 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 969,710
Pageviews Today: 1,921,624Threads Today: 811Posts Today: 16,816
09:18 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Massive Historic Blizzard!!! 967 mb Major Nor'easter!!! Snow already making its way into Upstate NY...

pmb1

User ID: 32803227
United States
02/06/2013 10:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Massive Historic Blizzard!!! 967 mb Major Nor'easter!!! Snow already making its way into Upstate NY...
Some times I have to wonder why you all make a big thing out of this??? I lived in Maine most of my life time what you guys call lots of snow is a drop in the bucket. Gosh get a freaken life. It's Maine for crying out loud we are use to 5 feet of snow in any storm, and we also are use to -40 degree temps, so please don't make a big thing about it. I have seen 3 feet of snow fall on Thanksgiving day. Don't worry Maniacs know how to cope. People in upper NY state know how to cope with it believe me, it happens every single year. Been that way ever since people have lived there.
 Quoting: pmb1

bump

lmao You gotta understand down south in the U.S. including Washington DC, in southern England [London] and elsewhere, they get 1-2" of snow or sleet and they freak the fuck out. If they got the kind of snow even cities like NYC and Boston get in the northeast, let alone northern New England and upstate NY, they'd have a stroke.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21700750

I know ever since I moved to North Carolina, I have found out that 2 inches of snow closes down the whole state. Its a great laugh for me. I enjoy sitting in my home and watching one accident behind the other at the intersection here. Its great entertainment. Of course I know better then to drive when we get snow here because the folks around here don't know how to drive on snow. Don't need some moron killing me lol
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33804362
United States
02/06/2013 10:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Massive Historic Blizzard!!! 967 mb Major Nor'easter!!! Snow already making its way into Upstate NY...
Thank you for always keeping us informed Luisport!
:bbuds:
 Quoting: wait....what?

thank's! Do you see the map? very cold temp comming...
 Quoting: Luisport

-3 to -4C to Florida... -14C it's the coldest in forecast.

What part of Florida? Florida is 500 miles long and 160 miles wide.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33799261
Portugal
02/06/2013 10:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Some times I have to wonder why you all make a big thing out of this??? I lived in Maine most of my life time what you guys call lots of snow is a drop in the bucket. Gosh get a freaken life. It's Maine for crying out loud we are use to 5 feet of snow in any storm, and we also are use to -40 degree temps, so please don't make a big thing about it. I have seen 3 feet of snow fall on Thanksgiving day. Don't worry Maniacs know how to cope. People in upper NY state know how to cope with it believe me, it happens every single year. Been that way ever since people have lived there.

Yes, natives typically fare well, however less and less people know how to drive in it, making it deadly for everyone on the road, or how to deal with power outages. If they can't flick a switch, or turn a knob and get heat and and water, this could be devastating.

Here in upstate NY, we've been known to go for weeks without power due to a storm like this, and thanks to people like Luis, at least those that have yet to adapt, (and there are many !!)have the heads up.

Thanks again Luis.
 Quoting: TS66

red_heart
krosty

User ID: 15571780
United States
02/06/2013 10:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
35 degree week in chicago. Usually it's 10.
CowgirlK

User ID: 5762158
United States
02/06/2013 10:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

Good Morning my Friend!hf

I hope that rain stays south of the DFW area today. I've got some guys coming to do gutter work on my house today. I don't think my homeowners insurance will cover someone being struck by lightening or blown off a ladder. LOL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25479468
United States
02/06/2013 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post

bump

lmao You gotta understand down south in the U.S. including Washington DC, in southern England [London] and elsewhere, they get 1-2" of snow or sleet and they freak the fuck out. If they got the kind of snow even cities like NYC and Boston get in the northeast, let alone northern New England and upstate NY, they'd have a stroke.

I know ever since I moved to North Carolina, I have found out that 2 inches of snow closes down the whole state. Its a great laugh for me. I enjoy sitting in my home and watching one accident behind the other at the intersection here. Its great entertainment. Of course I know better then to drive when we get snow here because the folks around here don't know how to drive on snow. Don't need some moron killing me lol

I bet that you don't live in the Mountains of North Carolina because you wouldn't be bashing like this. Some parts up there are just like New England weather except worse. More ice storms for sure.
Way worse drives in North considering. Big mouth northerners too!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33805659
Portugal
02/06/2013 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
RyanMaueRyan Maue 3 m

ECMWF 00z snowfall totals exceeded 25'' in New England locales -- GFS 12z results coming in now. [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27551020
United States
02/06/2013 10:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
that frightens me...^^^^^^^^^^
INK3

User ID: 33505212
United States
02/06/2013 10:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
I feel this storm is going to be a monster...watch out Northeast
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27551020

Me too, in spite of what I've been reading, I suspect NY/NJ coastal areas will get hit hard.
"When tyrants tremble in their fear, and hear their death knell ringing,
When friends rejoice both far and near, how can I keep from singing"

page7
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 10:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
AccuWeather.com‏@breakingweather

Blizzard to bury New England at the end of the week [link to ow.ly]
JanJan

User ID: 18450840
United States
02/06/2013 10:42 AM

Report Abusive Post
RyanMaueRyan Maue 3 m

ECMWF 00z snowfall totals exceeded 25'' in New England locales -- GFS 12z results coming in now. [link to twitter.com]

Oh NOOOOO! According to that model, I'm in the 25 inch region.

Shoveling this weekend... .
RI McGuillicutty

User ID: 32853457
United States
02/06/2013 10:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
From Jim Cantore's Twitter... I couldn't even imagine this being a real scenario...

@JimCantore
NAM predicting ridiculous #snow for New England. Barker needs to add colors just to show 50"+ 4cast Boston & Portland:

[link to wxcaster4.com]
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33806591
United States
02/06/2013 10:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Warned Cell in Texas Now. Not a cloud in the sky were I live.
CowgirlK

User ID: 5762158
United States
02/06/2013 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33806591

Socked in up north. Fog and light drizzle in the DFW area.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23400158
United States
02/06/2013 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
From Jim Cantore's Twitter... I couldn't even imagine this being a real scenario...

@JimCantore
NAM predicting ridiculous #snow for New England. Barker needs to add colors just to show 50"+ 4cast Boston & Portland:

[link to wxcaster4.com]
 Quoting: RI McGuillicutty

5a YAY 5a
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

Jim Cantore‏@JimCantore

Here is a close up of the NAM Armageddon. Snowfall max near Portland, ME at 56.9". Yes that is 4.75FEET: [link to wxcaster.com] … #MAwx #snow

26 mJim Cantore‏@JimCantore

NAM predicting ridiculous #snow for New England. Barker needs to add colors just to show 50"+ 4cast Boston & Portland: [link to wxcaster4.com] …
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33270252
United States
02/06/2013 11:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
They are now saying we can see around 2+ feet in this are of CT .. Fun fun :)
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33806591

Socked in up north. Fog and light drizzle in the DFW area.
 Quoting: CowgirlK

[link to radblast-aws.wunderground.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 11:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
this winter storm is named Nemo... tounge
geminilion

User ID: 12895036
United States
02/06/2013 11:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Last time it snowed here, somebody wrote the word RETARD in the snow on top of my car. It took me nearly two hours to lick it all off.
 Quoting: Shoot straight Johnny

rofl
..."The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny ... it is the light that guides your way."
Heraclitus
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 11:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
AccuWeather.com‏@breakingweather

Storm to bring NYC, Mid-Atlantic rain, snow, wintry mix [link to ow.ly]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 11:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

Also, Sunday into Monday, storm to bury upper-plains into Minneapolis. [link to twitter.com (secure)]

9 minRyan Maue‏@RyanMaue

Well there ya go, GFS 12z matches ECMWF 00z. Crippling snowstorm on way [link to twitter.com]
Bluebird

User ID: 27748381
United States
02/06/2013 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

bump

Also, we don't have snow tires and chains. In fact snow tires are illegal in some places as they sometimes have little metal cleats that can damage high temperature roads.

If we can't drive down here, explain Nascar, lolz.

But I agree, it's best not to get out and drive among us when we have the rare and elusive snow. For one thing the humidity is always high so the snow is slick and tends to ice over.
One of the most important aspects of conspiracy theories is being able to discern when there isn't one.

Oh yeah, like you'd understand anyway.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?. . .J. Handy
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Winter Storm Watch
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI
409 AM CST WED FEB 6 2013

...MORE SNOW TONIGHT AND THURSDAY POSSIBLY HEAVY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...

.SNOW WILL DEVELOP TONIGHT MAINLY NORTH OF MADISON AND MILWAUKEE
WITH SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN TO THE SOUTH AS LOW PRESSURE
APPROACHES FROM THE WEST. EAST CENTRAL WISCONSIN WILL SEE SEVERAL
INCHES OF SNOW TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY WHILE THERE IS THE
POTENTIAL FOR MORE SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OVER SOUTHEAST
WISCONSIN ON THURSDAY AS LOW PRESSURE STRENGTHENS. LIGHT ICE
ACCUMULATIONS ARE POSSIBLE TONIGHT OVER FAR SOUTHERN AND SOUTHWEST
WISCONSIN WHERE THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR FREEZING RAIN.

WIZ059-060-065-066-070>072-061815-
/O.NEW.KMKX.WS.A.0003.130207T1200Z-130208T0000Z/
WASHINGTON-OZAUKEE-WAUKESHA-MILWAUKEE-WALWORTH-RA CINE-KENOSHA-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WEST BEND...PORT WASHINGTON...
WAUKESHA...BROOKFIELD...MILWAUKEE...ELKHORN...LAK E GENEVA...
RACINE...KENOSHA
409 AM CST WED FEB 6 2013

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH
THURSDAY AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN HAS ISSUED A
WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING
THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON.

* TIMING...LIGHT SNOW WILL DEVELOP TONIGHT BUT BECOME HEAVIER ON
THURSDAY. SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN MAY MIX WITH THE SNOW TONIGHT
FROM WAUKESHA TO MILWAUKEE AND SOUTH TO THE ILLINOIS BORDER.
LIGHT ICE ACCUMULATIONS ARE POSSIBLE.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...5 TO 8 INCHES MAINLY ON THURSDAY.

* IMPACTS...SNOW COVERED ROADS AND HAZARDOUS TRAVEL.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL.
CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

&&

$$
MG/DDV
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1616631
United States
02/06/2013 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you for always keeping us informed Luisport!
:bbuds:
 Quoting: wait....what?

thank's! Do you see the map? very cold temp comming...

-3 to -4C to Florida... -14C it's the coldest in forecast.

That's -3 to -4c or 1.8f/C or 1.8x3 or 1.8x4 = 5.4F or 7.2F below normal for that time of year. If Orlando's normal high is 72 then expect highs from 65 to 67. But I believe that map is taking daily avg high anomalies to include avg high and low temp combined and divided out.
Not sure but hope it that polar air slides down the east coast.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
NAM went absolutely insane with snow totals. Over 6 feet in Massachussetts.
ParadigmShift

User ID: 31231991
United States
02/06/2013 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Any predictions for the wackiest weather in the lower 48, Kansas? You have been two for two since I have followed your posts. Thanks Luis

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1616631
United States
02/06/2013 11:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
damn I need to move north of Mason Dixon line.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
NAM went absolutely insane with snow totals. Over 6 feet in Massachussetts.

[link to www.twisterdata.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 11:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
significantly snowier than the last run [link to www.twisterdata.com]

GLP