Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,660 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 77,575
Pageviews Today: 144,596Threads Today: 55Posts Today: 1,036
01:58 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Massive Historic Blizzard!!! 967 mb Major Nor'easter!!! Snow already making its way into Upstate NY...

kurbs
User ID: 19222542
United States
02/06/2013 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Massive Historic Blizzard!!! 967 mb Major Nor'easter!!! Snow already making its way into Upstate NY...
BigJoeBastardiJoe Bastardi 31 m

360 hr is wild though.. strength of positive over west Canada matched by negative over se US! [link to twitter.com]
 Quoting: Luisport

What does that mean for TX? I live rite in the heart of it
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33805659
Portugal
02/06/2013 11:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Massive Historic Blizzard!!! 967 mb Major Nor'easter!!! Snow already making its way into Upstate NY...
[link to mag.ncep.noaa.gov]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 11:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
116. KEEPEROFTHEGATE04:43 PM GMT em 06 de Fevereiro de 2013

Quoting stormchaser43:
What a snow event. 36 inches as predicted by the NAM. If this really does come true, I think it is safe to say we can all throw out the climate change goofiness. Okay, the hardcore will still be relentlessly clinging on to AGWT, but realistically it's probably safe to say that Global Warming / Climate Change is a theory that has not ever come true.

naw you see with GW you get more increased levels of water vapour in the atmosphere which likly leads to copious amounts of precip in storm events on the surface which in turn leads to excessive rainfall totals snowfall totals in high impact events such as we shall see here
[link to www.wunderground.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19222542
United States
02/06/2013 11:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

the map has experienced a "failure"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17286420
United States
02/06/2013 11:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Some times I have to wonder why you all make a big thing out of this??? I lived in Maine most of my life time what you guys call lots of snow is a drop in the bucket. Gosh get a freaken life. It's Maine for crying out loud we are use to 5 feet of snow in any storm, and we also are use to -40 degree temps, so please don't make a big thing about it. I have seen 3 feet of snow fall on Thanksgiving day. Don't worry Maniacs know how to cope. People in upper NY state know how to cope with it believe me, it happens every single year. Been that way ever since people have lived there.
 Quoting: pmb1

bump

lmao You gotta understand down south in the U.S. including Washington DC, in southern England [London] and elsewhere, they get 1-2" of snow or sleet and they freak the fuck out. If they got the kind of snow even cities like NYC and Boston get in the northeast, let alone northern New England and upstate NY, they'd have a stroke.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21700750

I know ever since I moved to North Carolina, I have found out that 2 inches of snow closes down the whole state. Its a great laugh for me. I enjoy sitting in my home and watching one accident behind the other at the intersection here. Its great entertainment. Of course I know better then to drive when we get snow here because the folks around here don't know how to drive on snow. Don't need some moron killing me lol
 Quoting: pmb1

I bet that you don't live in the Mountains of North Carolina because you wouldn't be bashing like this. Some parts up there are just like New England weather except worse. More ice storms for sure.
Way worse drives in North considering. Big mouth northerners too!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25479468

Why do they move down south from the North when all they do is complain about the south. I would think that they would stay in the Great North where everything is so much better.

Just saying.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 11:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

NAM 12z QPF (liquid) forecast thru 84-hours. 5'' [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 11:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

ECMWF 00z ensemble (postage-stamps) for snowfall: red is a foot. [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27929341
United States
02/06/2013 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
where are you seeing 6 ft. to MA forecasted? i just checked Boston.com and it says about 1 foot
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 12:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
where are you seeing 6 ft. to MA forecasted? i just checked Boston.com and it says about 1 foot
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27929341

in NAM forecast
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30248208
United States
02/06/2013 12:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
What's Long Island looking at?
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 12:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

Ratios matter. 3" QPF at Boston, MA from ECMWF, temps 33-34°F [link to twitter.com]
BxMac

User ID: 18472095
United States
02/06/2013 12:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Luisport - Thank you for your continued generousity of time and information. Putting these things together for us time and again is greatly appreciated.

You called Sandy a long ways out and your information was spot-on.

Just wanted to thank you and wish you well. Thanks for all. Best.
nutmeg

User ID: 33804362
United States
02/06/2013 12:15 PM

Report Abusive Post
Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

GFS 12z apparently uses the groundhog as part of its data package: 10-15 day forecast froze-solid USA. [link to twitter.com]

Last Edited by nutmeg on 02/06/2013 12:15 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27929341
United States
02/06/2013 12:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27929341

in NAM forecast

thank you ... by the way, thank you, Luisport for your postings before Hurricane Sandy ... I learned about the severity of the storm from your posts ... and I'm right at the Jersey shore hf
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 12:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

GFS 12z apparently uses the groundhog as part of its data package: 10-15 day forecast froze-solid USA. [link to twitter.com]

Quoting: nutmeg

forecast models are strugling now... lets see what they will tell in the next runs
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 12:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

NCEP 4-km WRF figured out Lake Erie was froze over. Lake Ontario continues the lake-effect snow machine big time. [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
by the way... zerohedge‏@zerohedge

Gas 7 cents higher than last year's record price on this date [link to fuelgaugereport.aaa.com] …
RDprofessor

User ID: 19614366
United States
02/06/2013 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am already depressed thinking about
how much I will have to shovel.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 12:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
1130 AM EST WED FEB 6 2013

...A MAJOR WINTER STORM WILL BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR A FOOT OR
MORE OF SNOW ACROSS MUCH OF THE REGION FRIDAY INTO EARLY
SATURDAY AND TRAVEL MAY BECOME NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE...

CTZ002>004-070030-
/O.EXA.KBOX.WS.A.0002.130208T0600Z-130209T1200Z/
HARTFORD CT-TOLLAND CT-WINDHAM CT-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HARTFORD...WINDSOR LOCKS...UNION...
VERNON...PUTNAM...WILLIMANTIC
1130 AM EST WED FEB 6 2013

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH
SATURDAY MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM
WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH
SATURDAY MORNING.

* LOCATIONS...NORTHERN CONNECTICUT.

* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...HIGH CONFIDENCE OF 6 INCHES OR MORE OF SNOW. THE
POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR A FOOT OR MORE OF SNOW IN SOME LOCATIONS.

* TIMING...LIGHT SNOW MAY HAVE DEVELOPED BY FRIDAY MORNING. THE
SNOW WILL BECOME HEAVY DURING FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND ESPECIALLY
FRIDAY NIGHT. THE SNOW SHOULD TAPER OFF ACROSS THE REGION
SATURDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS...DEEP SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE LIKELY ON UNTREATED ROADS.
GUSTY WINDS MAY RESULT IN CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING
SNOW LATER FRIDAY INTO EARLY SATURDAY. TRAVEL MAY BECOME NEARLY
IMPOSSIBLE FRIDAY NIGHT.

* WINDS...NORTHEAST WIND GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH.

* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS POSSIBLE AT TIMES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH IS ISSUED FOR THE POTENTIAL OF ACCUMULATING
SNOW OF 6 OR MORE INCHES IN A 12 HOUR PERIOD...OR 8 OR MORE
INCHES IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD. ANYONE TRAVELING IN THE NEXT 24 TO
36 HOURS SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE PREPARED TO MODIFY
TRAVEL PLANS SHOULD WINTER WEATHER DEVELOP.

&&

$$
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 12:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
New GFS....looks dangerous. [link to mag.ncep.noaa.gov]
Watching the world

User ID: 10137056
United States
02/06/2013 12:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
A

bump

for my friend Luisport!
Ignorance is bliss until reality bites you in the ass.

I take care of the dead...always.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6756646
Philippines
02/06/2013 12:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
A human-headed snake was claimed to be found in a small town in Pahang.

Some Bahau residents captured video clips of the human-headed snake during their visit. When they showed the video clips to the others in Bahau, everyone was asking the same question: Does such thing really exist?

The video clips showed a snake curled up on a table. It possessed a python body and a human-liked head with a pair of eyes, a mouth and hair. It looked old and there was a pair of skinny legs beneath its head.

WATCH VIDEO NOW --> [link to breaking-news-update.blogspot.com]

Oh my God..

*sigh*
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 12:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
A

bump

for my friend Luisport!
 Quoting: Watching the world

hf where are you my friend? You are in for this event?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26548545
United States
02/06/2013 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
if you run outside naked in the wind the feel like temp will be horrific, if you measure snow depth at a ski resort next to a snow making machine there will be a catastrophic amount of snow
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29865739
United States
Report Abusive Post
this OP is a pathetic douche, possible composite profile.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
Report Abusive Post
this OP is a pathetic douche, possible composite profile.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29865739

i'm what???
nutmeg

User ID: 33804362
United States
02/06/2013 12:32 PM

Report Abusive Post
Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

Quoting: nutmeg

forecast models are strugling now... lets see what they will tell in the next runs

Yesterday I visited a few New Jersey towns located on the barrier islands affected by Super Storm Sandy. I used to envy the people who could afford to live on the beach in their mansions. No more.

I cannot imagine what those people went through when they saw their homes missing or crushed. It's been three months and police are still patroling and blocking the streets in some of these communities. There is so much damage. Construction crews are still digging some of these homes out of the sand and leveling the properties. It's sad.

Last Edited by nutmeg on 02/06/2013 12:38 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29865739
United States
02/06/2013 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
also, this was already predicted by NWS and also by suspiciousobserver.
Watching the world

User ID: 10137056
United States
02/06/2013 12:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
A

bump

for my friend Luisport!
 Quoting: Watching the world

hf where are you my friend? You are in for this event?

I know - I have been reading all of this info - New York news here is at a loss as to how to forecast this storm. They keep saying that they are taking the average of the 2 models.

Thank goodness for your updates!!
Ignorance is bliss until reality bites you in the ass.

I take care of the dead...always.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
02/06/2013 12:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to i.imgur.com]

GLP