Post Office to End Saturday Delivery Starting August 1

BRIEF

User ID: 32991702
United States
02/06/2013 09:22 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Post Office to End Saturday Delivery Starting August 1
Good, it's a start, now I'll have Saturday and Sunday to shovel out my mailbox from all the ads from K mart, wal mart, kroger, Aldi, Target, Dicks sporting goods, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Meijer, Best buy, Chick fillet, Hardees, Mc Donalds, Ralleys, White castle, Burger King, HH greg, circuit City, game stop, big lots, fuck did I miss any?

Last Edited by BRIEF on 02/06/2013 09:23 PM
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Hitokiri

User ID: 14988065
United States
02/06/2013 09:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh no! Who then will pack my mail box full of coupons and junk mail that goes right into my recycling bin???
"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history." - George Bernard Shaw
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33825799
United States
02/06/2013 09:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think it is a great idea to stop Saturday delivery. I know that when I sometimes go out of town on Saturday that I am a bit worried about my mail with all these thieving bass-turds on my rural road who like to go in other folks' mailboxes searching for God knows what. On weekdays as soon as it is delivered I am out there to bring it in to thwart them. Nothing more annoying than to go out in the morning to get my newspaper and see that my mailbox door is wide open (once when I went to town early I saw that every mailbox door on the entire road was open! How blatant or lazy can the thieves get?) I always make sure I shut it tight after getting my mail as we have some birds (and wasps) who like to try and build nests inside the box. Now I still have to worry about a parcel or package maybe going missing! Terrific! UGH!
Instant Karma

User ID: 30388691
United States
02/06/2013 09:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks to the Republicans for killing more jobs.

Even though the Postal Service doesn't use any tax dollars, they want to kill their labor union and privatize the postal service (siphon profits to their corporate masters.)
Dollar Deception: How Banks Secretly Create Money:
[link to www.webofdebt.com]

ALTERED GENES, TWISTED TRUTH: How the Venture to Genetically Engineer Our Food Has Subverted Science, Corrupted Government, and Systematically Deceived the Public:
[link to www.amazon.com]

2028 End?
[link to 2028end.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27101962
United States
02/06/2013 10:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Some packages (such as medicine) will be delivered on Saturdays.
 Quoting: Zedakah

i delivered parcels for the usps containing designer steroids that were cleverly mislabled as human growth hormones which were legal in some states...al queda was in this business by bankrolling the labs where they did the switches, the labs being bankrolled by saudi based petrodollars that they park in the big commercial holding banks..the pills were then given to strippers, the stripclubs being the meetup based comfort zones for the 9/11 hijackers..they also owned the stripclubs that are nationally franchised thru the petrobased holding banks
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25723103
United States
02/06/2013 10:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
we dont need stinkin post office
all bills are paid online
all mail is @mail
s@rew them
bushfing
Zedakah  (OP)

User ID: 25719696
United States
02/06/2013 10:48 PM

Report Abusive Post
..the pills were then given to strippers,
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27101962

For breast enhancement?
vesper
User ID: 31851237
United States
02/06/2013 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
why are they harassing me!?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27531391
United States
02/06/2013 10:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Five years time, will be but a shadow of what we once knew.

80 % of Americans cannot afford the bills now. Unemployment , honestly hovering at 20%. This country is done.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4613981

This. Just another day in Obammy's America.

NOTHING gets better. Everything gets worse.

The new postal rates are already affecting what little business I have left.

It's over. This country is over.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1614429
United States
02/06/2013 11:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
simple solution, if you want mail get a PO Box. Stop automatic delivery to every single address in the world. What a waste of resources. Pick up your mail once or twice a week at your local PO.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25757891

Electronic mail is taking over. Packages will still be delivered, but electronic mail is rapidly replacing snail mail, and has in many places already. Just "progress" you say? Why do you think that everyone is doing everything, or nearly everything "online"? Just "progress", or is something else in the works perhaps?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24637629
United States
02/06/2013 11:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good, it's a start, now I'll have Saturday and Sunday to shovel out my mailbox from all the ads from K mart, wal mart, kroger, Aldi, Target, Dicks sporting goods, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Meijer, Best buy, Chick fillet, Hardees, Mc Donalds, Ralleys, White castle, Burger King, HH greg, circuit City, game stop, big lots, fuck did I miss any?
 Quoting: BRIEF

Cc offers, car dealerships, and mortgage refi offers...

Other than those you got most all of them....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1614429
United States
02/06/2013 11:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Some packages (such as medicine) will be delivered on Saturdays.

i delivered parcels for the usps containing designer steroids that were cleverly mislabled as human growth hormones which were legal in some states...al queda was in this business by bankrolling the labs where they did the switches, the labs being bankrolled by saudi based petrodollars that they park in the big commercial holding banks..the pills were then given to strippers, the stripclubs being the meetup based comfort zones for the 9/11 hijackers..they also owned the stripclubs that are nationally franchised thru the petrobased holding banks
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27101962

Uh, yeah, you betcha'!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24637629
United States
02/06/2013 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
simple solution, if you want mail get a PO Box. Stop automatic delivery to every single address in the world. What a waste of resources. Pick up your mail once or twice a week at your local PO.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25757891

Electronic mail is taking over. Packages will still be delivered, but electronic mail is rapidly replacing snail mail, and has in many places already. Just "progress" you say? Why do you think that everyone is doing everything, or nearly everything "online"? Just "progress", or is something else in the works perhaps?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1614429

We're moving to email invoices with pay option links.

Most everyone prefers it and we should offer a discount to those who use this new service.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24291937
United States
02/06/2013 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think it is a great idea to stop Saturday delivery. I know that when I sometimes go out of town on Saturday that I am a bit worried about my mail with all these thieving bass-turds on my rural road who like to go in other folks' mailboxes searching for God knows what. On weekdays as soon as it is delivered I am out there to bring it in to thwart them. Nothing more annoying than to go out in the morning to get my newspaper and see that my mailbox door is wide open (once when I went to town early I saw that every mailbox door on the entire road was open! How blatant or lazy can the thieves get?) I always make sure I shut it tight after getting my mail as we have some birds (and wasps) who like to try and build nests inside the box. Now I still have to worry about a parcel or package maybe going missing! Terrific! UGH!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33825799

Stop the mail for a couple weeks .

Find rattle snakes

Cut of rattles

Hilarity ensues when the vermin open mailboxes
maxx411

User ID: 11346886
United States
02/06/2013 11:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

japanpmDont forget your playgirl, lol

Last Edited by maxx411 on 02/06/2013 11:48 PM
TheBiss

User ID: 25023924
United States
02/06/2013 11:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
I grew up on a postal rural route out in the country. We didn't have Saturday delivery. It was not a deal breaker. FedEx and UPS's ground services don't deliver on Saturdays either. Whooptie doo.
[link to www.grainmill.coop] - Bulk foods, long term storage solutions
[link to www.CatawbaCoops.com] - Unique A-Frame chicken coop plans
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33851282
United States
02/06/2013 11:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
so, this won't affect my uncles packages from california right?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22611250

Depends how big your Uncle's package is.

har har har!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33781878
United States
02/06/2013 11:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Circuit City? You still have one of those?
Shishyan

User ID: 32589785
India
02/07/2013 12:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you want to know the truth, think deeper.

They expect something to happen by August 1 that ends the need for running the Cabal Corporation Group.

By the way, without the Post office, this country aka corporation, will only be the size of Washington DC + Puerto Rico.

Think!
All suffering caused by unfulfilled expectations.
The greatest enemy of truth is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge.
Be Open, Be Aware, Be Humble.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21342306
United States
02/07/2013 12:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
USPS needs to start paying their workers a realistic amount. There's no reason for a post office clerk to be making $60k+ with benefits. They're doing the same exact job as a cashier at a grocery store (except a lot slower) and they are making like $10 an hour.

It doesn't make sense to me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33523792
United States
02/07/2013 12:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks to the Republicans for killing more jobs.

Even though the Postal Service doesn't use any tax dollars, they want to kill their labor union and privatize the postal service (siphon profits to their corporate masters.)
 Quoting: Instant Karma

They pay all them postal people way to much money ,time for some pay cuts ,also those pensions are way to much ...
spoof

User ID: 1231023
United States
02/07/2013 12:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
The post office makes money, when congress mandated in 2006 that the post office had to pre-fund healthcare for every employee for 75 years in to the future, including putting money away for people yet unborn and that the post office only had 10 years to put 75 years of funding away at a cost of $5.5 billion a year, congress had a goal. Congress knows the post office makes money so they are trying to break them and federalize the post office so they can use the money and TAX you to run the post office.

the reality of the mandate also does not take in to account technology and assumes postal employee number will increase at an ever rising rate, the post office is fighting back and something like 5 out of 9 jobs are going to be cut so they can re-do the retirement numbers.

One more time, congress wants to take over the postal service & spend the money the postal service makes and Tax you at the same time to run the postal service and still make you buy stamps to mail things. Congress sees dollar signs and a huge money pool they can squander.

[link to my.firedoglake.com]
 Quoting: Chrit

The best way to cut jobs (which they should do) is to go to 3 day delivery. There will be A routes and B routes.

A routes are delivered Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
B routes are delivered Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.

Each employee works all six days.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33389306

Great answer. No one needs daily mail. Cell phones, email, blah, blah blah, have erased those. If you don't anticipate your bills before then, you are already screwed. The PO box option is okay, but...I don't want to go to the PO, and they would have to alter hours for those of us that actually work day shift for a living.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25658088
United States
02/07/2013 12:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is the least of our worries.

It will allow them to enjoy Shabbat.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32807672
United States
02/07/2013 12:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Its just freakin amazing it took them this long to make the inevitable decision to cut saturday delivery
Saddletramp

User ID: 739427
Puerto Rico
02/07/2013 01:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Does that mean they will actually try to deliver the mail on time on those five days of the week they work?!?!?

Naw, too much to hope for...(Note to self: temper expectation with reason)

After all, this is a govt run operation...

Last Edited by Saddletramp on 02/07/2013 01:17 AM
"And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods..." ~ Horatius

"Because he told the truth, and once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey..."

"We don't rent pigs!"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33742061
United States
02/07/2013 01:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
What is this post office you speak of?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19099851
United States
02/07/2013 01:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
The post office makes money, when congress mandated in 2006 that the post office had to pre-fund healthcare for every employee for 75 years in to the future, including putting money away for people yet unborn and that the post office only had 10 years to put 75 years of funding away at a cost of $5.5 billion a year, congress had a goal. Congress knows the post office makes money so they are trying to break them and federalize the post office so they can use the money and TAX you to run the post office.

the reality of the mandate also does not take in to account technology and assumes postal employee number will increase at an ever rising rate, the post office is fighting back and something like 5 out of 9 jobs are going to be cut so they can re-do the retirement numbers.

One more time, congress wants to take over the postal service & spend the money the postal service makes and Tax you at the same time to run the postal service and still make you buy stamps to mail things. Congress sees dollar signs and a huge money pool they can squander.

Tragic that people actually believe this crap. The prefunding is required, because without it the post office's unfunded liabilities would go through the roof and THERE WOULD BE NO USPS IN 20 YEARS. Its simple math.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17385372
United States
02/07/2013 01:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Will anyone really miss it? Really?
 Quoting: Widespread Panic

They'll still be delivering junk mail during the week.
Congress isnt gonna pass this. The postal service will just increase the price of a stamp again by another 10 cents.
krosty

User ID: 15571780
United States
02/07/2013 02:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
That's a day they should have had off anyway.
JohnC
User ID: 19603600
United States
02/07/2013 02:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

The best way to cut jobs (which they should do) is to go to 3 day delivery. There will be A routes and B routes.

A routes are delivered Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
B routes are delivered Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.

Each employee works all six days.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33389306

Exactly right. Stopping Saturday delivery isn't going to help that much. The biggest problem with the post office is that they have huge numbers of workers who cannot deliver mail due to on the job injuries. After about five years many carriers get hurt and have to stay inside and sort mail. And if they run out of work they still sit around and get paid. If you rotate these injured carriers have work to do, preparing routes on the off days.

GLP