Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,213 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 528,761
Pageviews Today: 875,012Threads Today: 294Posts Today: 5,064
10:22 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

is there way to Kill bacteria around the tooth ROOT CANAL using natural means?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32819463
United States
02/07/2013 01:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: is there way to Kill bacteria around the tooth ROOT CANAL using natural means?
don't know if anyone said this yet but a mixture of butter oil and fermented cod liver oil is known to regenerate teeth. Thought I should put that out there.

[link to www.greenpasture.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3214470
Canada
02/07/2013 01:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: is there way to Kill bacteria around the tooth ROOT CANAL using natural means?
I did the root canal. Serious pain and I was glad for coverage plan. 1 year later it went terror mode. Went and was told best option is another root canal. I told him best and only option was pulling the tooth. Did the drugs for 7 days, went and out it came.

I would never go with the root canal. They will make more money on the one tooth which can be pulled and replaced.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28696701
Denmark
02/07/2013 02:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Had root canal, then retreatement (tooth was still tender), had several rounds of antibiotics, now tooth is reacting to heat. Doctor says to either have root canal surgery or pull it, he thinks there is a residual bacteria around the root.
Any natural ways to fix this?
Thank you
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17922672

Black walnut tincture gotten over at Amazon worked for me.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32477660

The filling might need to be adjusted. It is probably a little to high.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33583109
United States
02/07/2013 02:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
oregano oil does wonders
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17338098
United States
02/07/2013 02:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
I had an issue with a root canal myself when I was younger. I did not want to take any chances because the issue was being pretty persistent. The dentist continued to try and talk me into saving my tooth. I went the cheaper and what I viewed the safest way and had the tooth pulled.

I will never have a root canal again after that experience. It only took about 14 hours after I had the root canal for problems to start and it was horrible from then on out.

I had the tooth pulled and the pain went away within a day. I always thought the infection must have been terrible for it to have relieved so quickly after getting that tooth out of my mouth.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33733231
United States
02/07/2013 02:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
To re-mineralize teeth, try crushing up eggshells into a powder and chewing the powder and swishing it around the teeth.

Get good organic eggs, wash the shells and dry them out well, then crush them up. I read that the calcium and trace minerals they provide are excellent for teeth and bones. The report said about 1/4 teaspoon of the powder per day provides all the calcium you need.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1103018
United Kingdom
02/07/2013 02:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Pulsedelectomagnetic fields.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33699304
United Kingdom
02/07/2013 02:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Had root canal, then retreatement (tooth was still tender), had several rounds of antibiotics, now tooth is reacting to heat. Doctor says to either have root canal surgery or pull it, he thinks there is a residual bacteria around the root.
Thank you

GARLIC
Andyjax

User ID: 23747849
United States
02/07/2013 02:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
50% water and 50% hydrogen peroxcide a jigger size, gargle for a few minutes then spit out.
cat36
User ID: 25812698
New Zealand
02/07/2013 03:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Pull it out. The tooth is dead. Root canals are dangerous. Do the research.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1637551
United States
02/07/2013 03:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
get the 500mg amoxicillin off ebay that is rated USP....it'll be sold as a fish product for legal reasons, but it's the real deal. I use it for flus , colds, infections, dental infections , whatever.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15083518
United States
02/07/2013 03:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have not tried this but I just discovered this a few days ago and plan on giving it a try here soon. Ratfish Oil!

[link to ratfishoil.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1626465
Australia
02/07/2013 03:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Dude take care of that shit ASAP. If you get bacteremia, it could cause endocarditis...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32634539
United States
02/07/2013 04:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you

Mix a little bit of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide (the normal kind from any pharmacy) in a cup, about a third of a teaspoon to half a teaspoon and brush the affected teeth with this mix.

You'll kill bacteria, clean the area and even provide effective pain relief. Much more effective than orajel or similar products actually. Good luck!
LEKKER

User ID: 33114818
South Africa
02/07/2013 04:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
I LOVE CATS AND SOME PEOPLE.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26985611
Sweden
02/07/2013 04:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Only galactic aliens could save your teeth OP, maybe they have the relevant dental technology.

It's unfair by nature to give us permanent teeth so early, we would need new ones around 40 when we learned our tooth-lessons. Why on Earth can't we grow new teeth when we become adults?

I ruined mine when I was a stupid kid eating sugar for breakfast, lol, now my mouth is filled with metal, mercury, and broken teeth, it was too late when I learned how to take care of them. Also, brushing didn't help as long as I have wrong diet with damn sugar.

If I could have 32 new ones NOW they would last for at least 50 years without holes.

OP, good luck!
hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22965921
United States
02/07/2013 04:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Go see an oral surgeon. They may have to scrape the bone. Better do it before it spreads.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33861473
United Kingdom
02/07/2013 04:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Start taking probiotics, this will not help with the tooth but will help you form a healthy gut flora after all those antibiotics.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9266723
United States
02/07/2013 04:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
No amount of anything you put in your mouth will make up for a dental surgeon at the point where you have infections that deep.

Find a new dentist (Because I really suspect your problems are the result of shoddy work) and take care of it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17949046
United States
02/07/2013 04:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Like another person suggested, try xylitol. It's an alcohol sugar extracted from birch trees or corn. I much prefer the birch originated variety.

It is 100% natural and does indeed destroy cavity causing bacteria and promotes the remineralizing of enamel.

I use a homemade toothpaste that contains, and chew gum with xylitol as the only sweetener. I started using xylitol after noticing my first cavity forming (@29 years old). After a month of using xylitol the cavity started to disappear. After 3 months it was gone for good. I also take a teaspoon of fermented cod liver oil a day for good measure.

I don't know about your far gone tooth... but for the sake of your others you may want to give it a go.
Sir France's Beercan

User ID: 23183904
Austria
02/07/2013 05:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Pull it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14440378
Australia
02/07/2013 05:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
White oak bark is good for oral problems.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29696942
Switzerland
02/07/2013 05:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
I would do the Larry Silverstein and, "Pull IT"

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24289757
United States
02/07/2013 05:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Rinsing with Hydrogen Peroxide

Great for the start of a cold too... if you feel like you are getting sick RINSE 3 to 4 times that day with it and you can stop it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33828496
Australia
02/07/2013 05:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
A few years ago I had a similar problem - dentist fucked up a root canal and I had to wait for weeks before he could book me in to complete it. Sealed it up with a temporary filling and everything was OK until the tooth split in half from an air pressure change while I was in a light aircraft.

I had the rest of it pulled and saved myself a grand. A rotted tooth is more trouble than it's worth. Get it pulled.
DOGSTAR

User ID: 33863195
Australia
02/07/2013 05:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
What works for me is Baking soda with Hydrogen Peroxide.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26268975
Slovakia
02/07/2013 05:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Garlic, a piece of letting to dissolve in your mouth, for hours. Repeatedly. An excelent antiseptic.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3070224
United States
02/07/2013 05:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Chlorine Dioxide (AKA 'MMS')
Colloidal Silver

Both of those will kill the bacteria, the issue is getting it to the root. When friends get a toothache, I have them swish either one around in the mouth, it works really well, but yours is all closed up.

I will do some research and see if I find anything else. If so, I will repost.

Good luck to you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29827410
United States
02/07/2013 06:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have been in dentistry for 30 years. If I have a pt with a hx of multiple rx and continued pain ..coupled with a root canal ..i would recommend an endodontist or to just have the tooth extracted. I recently had my first toothfh extracted because it was cracked and no amount of money can fix that. sometimes you just have to let a tooth go. Just because a pt has rct does not mean that everything is golden. That being said...of course I WOULD RECOMMEND RCT BEFORE extracting because it is always worth trying keep a tooth vs losing one forever. I MUST replace mine that i lost right now.

Do not ever play around with a dental infection.side note: a tooth treated endodontically can NOT POSSIBLY HURT TO TEMP. Could it be a different tooth...or either there is an accessory nerve still in an undiscovered/ untreated canal? I wish you well and hope you can find some comfort. if you feel you need answers that are not being addressed then maybe a second opinion is what you should seek. blessed be, dee .
ExoPoliChick

User ID: 31770180
Canada
02/07/2013 06:28 AM

Report Abusive Post
Swish.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Resident Led Zeppelin Expert (ask me anything!)

Traveler of both time and space

Fuck Trudeau.

mRNA-Free and Proud.

"The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.' ~ Chris Hitchens

GLP