ATF Going Door to Door Here in Phoenix

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14703874
United States
02/06/2013 10:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: ATF Going Door to Door Here in Phoenix
Wouldn't doubt it. The doctors making folks fill out new health questioner, asking the same.

Now, maybe dude is reading alternate news and is a legal owner, and they are spot checking to see if he still resides there.
Dr. Manhattan

User ID: 28822130
United States
02/06/2013 10:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Probably. This shit happens in Australia. The cops visit the homes of licensed firearm holders and check that their weapons are stored correctly.
 Quoting: Aunty Flo

They actually come in your home to make sure you are storing your gun properly?

That's crazy.
 Quoting: Dr. Manhattan

I agree, That's crazy.... must go something like this.........oh yeah, sure come on in and take inventory of my firearms,rifles,shotguns ammo and while you're here can I get you a cup of tea and a vegamite sandwich.(No Offense to you, you're just the messenger) That's not the way it's going down here in the states. We are not a gun culture, We are a culture that loves freedom, and that's never gonna die, no matter who knocks on our doors.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33321666

No, it's sane. Firearms should be stored correctly. Actually, it's not like that. The police are nice about it. They are actually nice about it. Just making sure people are not being irresponsible with their firearms.

To allow someone to be capable of forcing their way in to your house is the most ridiculous thing. All in the name to make sure you are not guilty of not storing your gun correctly. What is it with you Aussies and feeling that people are guilty until proven innocent.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 33321666
United States
02/06/2013 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wouldn't doubt it. The doctors making folks fill out new health questioner, asking the same.

Now, maybe dude is reading alternate news and is a legal owner, and they are spot checking to see if he still resides there.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14703874

You said it....seems now if you have a thought you may need to be investigated. As long as you go through life, no clue about anything...just watch your TV, and do what the nice people tell you to....
no questions
User ID: 22471303
France
02/06/2013 10:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
No private citizen has to talk to an ATF agent, they are strictly Code enforcement for dealers or traffickers of firearms for sale.

And, 2 years ago I know the ATF was knocking on private residences and asking questions about firearms bought and sold at Crossroads of the West gun shows in the Phoenix area (Mesa).

They also spoke to people I know in San Diego and Texas about the same time about AR15 purchases. The one in Texas was a woman who bought an AR at a gun show (passing the phone in check from a licensed dealer) a few days later, 2 ATF agents at her door telling her "She did not meet the profile of an AR buyer so why did she buy an AR 15?"

The information in the OP is right along the lines of what happened to others I personally spoke too.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6649976
Australia
02/06/2013 11:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

No, it's sane. Firearms should be stored correctly. Actually, it's not like that. The police are nice about it. They are actually nice about it. Just making sure people are not being irresponsible with their firearms.

how am i going to defend my family with a gun stored in a safe with a gun lock unloaded? is Marcus T. Thug going to give me time to dial the combination, remove my gun lock, and load the magazine? think a little, you silly silly libby.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32213631

I can't understand your thinking. I love living in Australia, we don't think like this. I think we are saner.

Most HERE do not care about what a Queens SUBJECT supposedly thinks(Feel). Stay there.
 Quoting: AdHocBOHICA

Ive seen how you guys store guns on Doomsday Preppers. You are not sane. Trust me.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
02/06/2013 11:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

They actually come in your home to make sure you are storing your gun properly?

That's crazy.

I agree, That's crazy.... must go something like this.........oh yeah, sure come on in and take inventory of my firearms,rifles,shotguns ammo and while you're here can I get you a cup of tea and a vegamite sandwich.(No Offense to you, you're just the messenger) That's not the way it's going down here in the states. We are not a gun culture, We are a culture that loves freedom, and that's never gonna die, no matter who knocks on our doors.

To allow someone to be capable of forcing their way in to your house is the most ridiculous thing. All in the name to make sure you are not guilty of not storing your gun correctly. What is it with you Aussies and feeling that people are guilty until proven innocent.

paranoid thinking breeds paranoid behaviour.
Sikmisfit

User ID: 32011742
United States
02/06/2013 11:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
There must be something personal going on with your friend. I'm in phoenix as well and I know that they wouldn't or couldn't really just be going door to door seeing as how there's no paperwork to acquire for a gun here.
"I fear not the insane. I fear the ones who believe there is such a thing as normal."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22471303
France
02/06/2013 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

And slave/subject thinking breeds contempt for freedom and self governance. I think people like you used to be called CRABS by the colored folk I grew up around.
Little Miss Sunshine

User ID: 24519305
United States
02/06/2013 11:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey OP- I just got done talking to my cousin who also lives in Phoenix and she is the big wig at a local car dealership, and her brother Adam works there as well.She knows everyyyything that goes on Phoenix, I asked her if they have heard of anyone getting visits from the ATF and she said "no" she hasn't.

Something is definately up that they would pay him a visit like that! But please keep us informed as to what you find out.
 Quoting: Little Miss Sunshine

I don't actually live in Phoenix, I have friend that does, he sent this to me. He actually read this and was freaked out by it. He's a collector and avid shooter and very vocal in his community about gun rights, he's thinking the shit is about to hit the fan. I'm telling him not to worry, but he's making some good points. I say it's no big deal, not to worry, either you're gonna live free or you're gonna be a slave.....every man makes that choice for himself.

Yup! you are right. If its going to happen, Its going to happen and there's not a thing you can do about it. In the meantime people just have to live their lives and go on...I can understand him being a collector and avid shooter, Tell him if the shit does hit the fan , bright side...He wont be alone!! Just go ahead and introduce him to GLP now ,that way he knows everyone he's locked up with...(sarcasm) cheers butt chorus
TDJ

User ID: 32831057
United States
02/06/2013 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

how am i going to defend my family with a gun stored in a safe with a gun lock unloaded? is Marcus T. Thug going to give me time to dial the combination, remove my gun lock, and load the magazine? think a little, you silly silly libby.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32213631

I can't understand your thinking. I love living in Australia, we don't think like this. I think we are saner.

Most HERE do not care about what a Queens SUBJECT supposedly thinks(Feel). Stay there.

Ive seen how you guys store guns on Doomsday Preppers. You are not sane. Trust me.

LOL
I doubt anyone of us has been on Doomsday Preppers

Do you watch Bay Watch too. We all don't have big fake titties either.
You are sounding pretty foolish now. Time to give up
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.

Bob Marley

“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.”
THOMAS PAINE (1737-1809)

Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. Bruce Lee
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31907650
United States
02/06/2013 11:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Several years ago I took a few of the kids to the doctor to get required school physicals. And she sits down face to face with the kid (ignoring me) and starts interrogating them. "Do you wear a helmet when you ride a bike?", Kid looks at me, doctor says, "no, no, you can answer me". I said to her, "weigh her, take her height, check her heart and fill out the form. She already has parents". Well that stopped that nonsense. Fucking bitch.

I've also told my kids to NEVER fill out any type of surveys at school that require information about ANYTHING going on in our home. That they are to raise their hand and tell the teacher they are unable to complete the form until their Mom looks at it. They slide these surveys in under the guise of "anti-bully week" or other socio=programming type activities.

Another time, I got a notice from the school that one of my high schoolers was failing English. And she is a very bright girl. Come to find out that she was getting passes from English class to go talk to the school shrink. She would talk to the shrink for 5 minutes and then go spend the rest of English class with her BFF in the lunchroom. English teacher was not aware she was roaming the school for most of the period. I went to the fucking moon. How is it my daughter is talking to a psychiatrist without my knowledge or consent and how is it you idiots enabled her to basically cut class? Law says unless parents state otherwise in writing, kid can go to shrink and no one will clue the parent in. Needless to say, the school got a notification in writing from me.

This has been going on for some time. I have many kids and have been fending this bullshit off constantly and just say NO to it all, but I imagine the coming times will make these disclosures a requirement to access school and doctor. And then I guess we have to make our choices accordingly.

On this ATF thing, the guy was absolutely correct to NOT let the jackals into his home. Typical LE tactic...get access through permission of owner and then if they see so much as a fuzz in the carpet, they have probable cause to toss the whole place. No warrant, no entrance!
Dr. Manhattan

User ID: 28822130
United States
02/06/2013 11:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Why is wanting to be able to defend one's self from any type of criminal activity derogatory? You used paranoid like it's a bad thing. Some are paranoid by guns, sharks and black guys because they are portrayed to be threats on the t.v... the others are paranoid about criminals. Which one is the more legitimate paranoia?

There are no other facts to support gun legislation... why defend it?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33337354
Ireland
02/06/2013 11:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
How does this ONE visit turn into "Going Door to Door Here in Phoenix :

Just curious..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33846281
United Kingdom
02/06/2013 11:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

Why is wanting to be able to defend one's self from any type of criminal activity derogatory? You used paranoid like it's a bad thing. Some are paranoid by guns, sharks and black guys because they are portrayed to be threats on the t.v... the others are paranoid about criminals. Which one is the more legitimate paranoia?

Unfortunately in her country and mine we have been indoctrinated from birth to believe only crazy people want to protect themselves and their property.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15292827
United States
02/06/2013 11:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Three words you need memorize.

GET A WARRANT.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33389306
United States
02/07/2013 12:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
I find this doubtful I dont doubt the atf is going door to door that seems like how they operate but the truth is you cannot have your gun rights restored I have delt with this for years a few states have paths to own firearms again but it is not recognized by the feds
 Quoting: Desertwolf

OP said the judgment is set aside. If there's no more judgment, then I would expect all rights including firearm possession would be restored.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
02/07/2013 04:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

And slave/subject thinking breeds contempt for freedom and self governance. I think people like you used to be called CRABS by the colored folk I grew up around.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22471303

We are free. Who cares what you think. The US are going to tighten their gun laws regardless so get used to it.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
02/07/2013 04:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

LOL
I doubt anyone of us has been on Doomsday Preppers

Do you watch Bay Watch too. We all don't have big fake titties either.
You are sounding pretty foolish now. Time to give up
 Quoting: TDJ

You guys aren't sane. The end.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
02/07/2013 04:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Unfortunately in her country and mine we have been indoctrinated from birth to believe only crazy people want to protect themselves and their property.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33846281

I grew up with guns in my house. My dad had them displayed around the house. I remember as a child playing with them. I love Australia and I think our gun laws are awesome.
PC FREE

User ID: 5359980
United States
02/07/2013 05:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
they have made a friend of mines life a living hell, if you want to know more get in contact with ron cole the individual arrested at the okc bombing trial
 Quoting: Desertwolf

I have a friend who has a felony on his record for a bar fight years ago,because of this felony he can`t have firearms,which he doesn`t.Anyway he broke up with his girlfriend and she turned into a vindictive bitch,she called the ATF and told them he had a ak-47 and a handgun.They arrested him on his way to work and held him while they destroyed his apt. searching for weapons.When they didn`t find any the head guy just shrugged his shoulders and said sorry.

Last Edited by objective viewer on 02/07/2013 05:08 AM
objective viewer

GLP