Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,160 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 81,087
Pageviews Today: 142,228Threads Today: 59Posts Today: 720
01:22 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

why are protestants so eager to weigh in on the pope???

thinkingoutsidetherho​mbus

User ID: 32161741
United States
02/17/2013 12:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: why are protestants so eager to weigh in on the pope???
Meh. Most organized religion is corrupt. I criticize them all.
I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain.
MaxMad  (OP)

User ID: 23494671
United States
02/17/2013 12:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yet Catholics dont criticize your churches when over 50k Baptist ministers left the church last year for "inappropriate" behavior... Or when Episcopolians (Joe Piscopo's) elect homosexual bishops... Its none of our business-that YOUR church and it would be offensive to you and your church...
 Quoting: MaxMad

SAME FAMILIES DIFFERENT FIRST NAME
 Quoting: Neim-Ya'shar

Quite so!
Yes, they dare in their mealy-mouthed ways to call
themselves PROTESTants.
When they are lukewarm relatives at the family reunion.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1482838

Any Protestant who would attend a "family reunion" of that filthy pedophile church is not a Protestant at all. We are not family with you. You are a member of Satan's family. We are members of Jesus' family. We are of no relation.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 34597731

Sorry you feel that way! Us Catholics view all our brothers and sisters in Christ as one!! I will pray for you!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34597731
Canada
02/17/2013 12:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quite so!
themselves PROTESTants.

Any Protestant who would attend a "family reunion" of that filthy pedophile church is not a Protestant at all. We are not family with you. You are a member of Satan's family. We are members of Jesus' family. We are of no relation.

Sorry you feel that way! Us Catholics view all our brothers and sisters in Christ as one!! I will pray for you!

You'll pray for me, that's nice. If it doesn't work then do I get burned at the stake? You can pray to Saint Ignatius, light all the candles and sprinkle all the holy water you want, we're never coming back.

Pray for yourself, that one day you work yourself free from Satan's grip.
MaxMad  (OP)

United States
02/17/2013 12:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quite so!
themselves PROTESTants.

You'll pray for me, that's nice. If it doesn't work then do I get burned at the stake? You can pray to Saint Ignatius, light all the candles and sprinkle all the holy water you want, we're never coming back.

You truly need prayers! Your hatred is not from God!
MaxMad  (OP)

United States
02/17/2013 12:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quite so!
themselves PROTESTants.

My guess would be if you could kill Catholics you would, you might want to reread the bible we handed down to you!
A Friend

User ID: 33849161
United States
02/17/2013 12:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
As an ex-catholic I ask sincerely, when will your church learn the bible?

Where do you find Jesus when you walk into a catholic church?

He is hanging dead on the cross.
But Lord, he stinketh!

:fnecsm:

"When the sky crackles in an electric dance of a beautiful requiem of lapis lazuli, maybe you will remember..." ~ Anonymous Coward 77360040
MaxMad  (OP)

United States
02/17/2013 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quite so!
themselves PROTESTants.

Thank you for your ignorant comments and representing the Protestants well!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1482838
United States
02/17/2013 12:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

My guess would be if you could kill Catholics you would, you might want to reread the bible we handed down to you!

What do you mean "we"?
You are overstepping a bit, no?
Jesus did not set up the church in Rome.
It is doubtful that Peter did either. Why would he?
If anyone was there, it was Paul.
In any case, they would have been imprisoned there not
setting any cornerstones.
MaxMad  (OP)

United States
02/17/2013 12:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

What do you mean "we"?

Please even Protestant theologians admit that your bible is derived from the Catholic bible!
ThePopeisNOTtheHolyFa​ther
User ID: 25237221
United States
02/17/2013 12:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

The Bible is inspired and has authority, not because a church declared it so but because God made it so.
Jesus did not teach the people in His day that they could accept the Old Testament Scriptures only on the basis of those who placed the books into one volume.
It is a mere assumption that the Council of Hippo in 390 was a Council of the church which is now the Roman Catholic Church. God did not give councils the authority to select His sacred books, nor does He expect men to receive His books only on the basis of councils.
The Catholic Church is not solely responsible for the gathering and selection of the New Testament books.The Catholic Church has not been the sole possessor of the Bible at any time.
Even if it could be proven that the Catholic Church gathered the books into one volume, it still remains that it is not following the Bible today.
Trixagus horni

User ID: 28057136
Netherlands
02/17/2013 12:50 PM

Report Abusive Post
The pope said 'we are all sinners'...(so he himself too)

Thus that includes all religious and non religious people.

Let's start another war to see who are the most convincing sinners?

peace
Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
(Friedrich Nietzsche)
A Friend

United States
02/17/2013 12:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

What do you mean "we"?

Please even Protestant theologians admit that your bible is derived from the Catholic bible!

What do you think they were protesting against?
But Lord, he stinketh!

"When the sky crackles in an electric dance of a beautiful requiem of lapis lazuli, maybe you will remember..." ~ Anonymous Coward 77360040
MaxMad  (OP)

United States
02/17/2013 12:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

What do you mean "we"?

Quoting: A Friend

Certain doctrines-not the bible
Nine's

User ID: 23438707
United States
02/17/2013 12:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
To deflect attention from the hypocrisy of their own religious corporation that they worship.
ThePopeisNOTtheholyfa​ther.
United States
02/17/2013 12:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
The boastful claim of the Roman Catholic Church that it has been the sole guardian and preserver of the sacred Scriptures down to the present, is nothing but pure falsehood. The Bible is not a Catholic book. Catholics did not write it, nor does their doctrines and church meet the description of the doctrine and church of which it speaks. The New Testament was completed before the end of the first century, A.D. The things in it do not correspond to the Catholic Church which hundreds of years after the death of the apostles slowly evolved into what it now is.

The Catholic Church is not the original and true church, but a "church" born of many departures and corruptions from the New Testament church. Even if the Catholic Church could prove that it alone is the sole deliverer of the Scriptures to man today, it still remains that the Catholic Church is not following the Bible and is IN FACT contrary to the Bible.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11118
United States
02/17/2013 12:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Leave it alone... Your NOT catholic move along!!! Catholics dont care to talk about Baptists, Lutherans, or Joe Piscopo's so why you so eager to talk about their church? You believe what you want and they will be believe what they want...

Because we know the truth.He is an evil pedophile blood drinking ghoul in the service of satan and stupid catholics worship him as a godhead.That goes against everything true christians believe.Got it?
A Friend

United States
02/17/2013 12:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

What do you mean "we"?

Quoting: A Friend

Certain doctrines-not the bible

They were protesting the pope, the additions the catholics placed into the bible and the paganism of the catholic church.
But Lord, he stinketh!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11118
United States
02/17/2013 12:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
In the Tom Horn article, a prophecy from the Zohar containing mystical commentary as well as interpretation of the Torah from the “Vayera” Parsha includes “The coming of the Messiah” and gives a date in late 2012 for “his” appearance, which on the Hebraic calendar is 5773 that begins on September 17, 2012!

Since orthodox Jews reject Jesus as the coming Messiah, some “Christians” who understand Revelation 12:10 believe his “coming” is simultaneous with the “storm of the LORD” over Passover 2013, that heralds the unveiling of antichrist on May 10, 2013, which is the new moon of 1 Sivan 5773, the day the “antichrist continues for 42 Hebraic months” that count out on October 2, 2016, or 29 Elul 5776.

J. R. Church called Tom Horn a couple years back and showed him verses 476–483 of "Vayera" in the Zohar that point to the time of Jacob’s trouble commencing "late in the year 2012" when the “kings of the earth” gather in Rome.

What I believe is that a “papal conclave” whether scheduled or an emergency, it will be called and be in session when the March 25, 2013, at an instant sudden destruction of the “storm of the LORD” occurs.

At that time they very well could be killed by "fiery flame of devouring fire from the sky, a tempest of hail and a destroying storm of mighty waters overflowing hail along with great noise of thunder and lightning". Isaiah 28:2

Then a final pope could assume authority as the “false prophet” during a time of great tribulation.

Tom Horn also said, “this ancient rabbinical dissertation claims that Rome will be destroyed in the Jewish calendar year 5773, which, on our calendar begins with the new moon of September 17, 2012 and concludes a year later” on 29 Elul 5773.

This Rabbinical dissertation said, “In the year seventy-three [2012/2013] the kings of the world will assemble in the great city of Rome, and the Holy One will shower on them fire and hail and meteoric stones until they are all destroyed, with the exception of those who will not yet have arrived there.”
MaxMad  (OP)

United States
02/17/2013 12:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
The boastful claim of the Roman Catholic Church that it has been the sole guardian and preserver of the sacred Scriptures down to the present, is nothing but pure falsehood. The Bible is not a Catholic book. Catholics did not write it, nor does their doctrines and church meet the description of the doctrine and church of which it speaks. The New Testament was completed before the end of the first century, A.D. The things in it do not correspond to the Catholic Church which hundreds of years after the death of the apostles slowly evolved into what it now is.

The Catholic Church is not the original and true church, but a "church" born of many departures and corruptions from the New Testament church. Even if the Catholic Church could prove that it alone is the sole deliverer of the Scriptures to man today, it still remains that the Catholic Church is not following the Bible and is IN FACT contrary to the Bible.
 Quoting: ThePopeisNOTtheholyfather. 25237221

Lemme guess could it be whatever church you belong to?
MaxMad  (OP)

United States
02/17/2013 01:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Leave it alone... Your NOT catholic move along!!! Catholics dont care to talk about Baptists, Lutherans, or Joe Piscopo's so why you so eager to talk about their church? You believe what you want and they will be believe what they want...

Because we know the truth.He is an evil pedophile blood drinking ghoul in the service of satan and stupid catholics worship him as a godhead.That goes against everything true christians believe.Got it?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11118

Yeah because there are child abuses in any other church!
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/17/2013 01:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

No. The chuch I belong to doesn't claim they invented the Bible, nor do they worship a man as the Holy Father, nor do they kiss a mans hands and bow down to him, nor do they practice religion in what amounts to golden palaces among golden relics and statues and "saints", nor do they pray to mother mary as a goddess, nor do they hold beer raffles and bingo nights, nor do they offer absolution of sin by confessing to a man in a box and praying to mary.
MaxMad  (OP)

United States
02/17/2013 01:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

No. The chuch I belong to doesn't claim they invented the Bible, nor do they worship a man as the Holy Father, nor do they kiss a mans hands and bow down to him, nor do they practice religion in what amounts to golden palaces among golden relics and statues and "saints", nor do they pray to mother mary as a goddess, nor do they hold beer raffles and bingo nights, nor do they offer absolution of sin by confessing to a man in a box and praying to mary.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25237221

So tell us then what church/denom you belong to?
ThePepeisNOTtheholyfa​ther
United States
02/17/2013 01:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Church of Christ. Churches of Christ doesn't have man made "doctrine", we follow the Bible.
Nine's

United States
02/17/2013 01:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

Church of Christ. Churches of Christ doesn't have man made "doctrine", we follow the Bible.
 Quoting: ThePepeisNOTtheholyfather 25237221

Are they a corporation?
thePopeisNOTtheholyfa​ther
United States
02/17/2013 01:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Are they a corporation?
 Quoting: Nine's

No.
Nine's

United States
02/17/2013 01:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

Are they a corporation?

No.
 Quoting: thePopeisNOTtheholyfather 25237221

Awesome! hf
MaxMad  (OP)

User ID: 13864401
United States
02/17/2013 01:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

Oh no... A scandal in your church??

The Rev. Keith Whitney said the Camarillo Church of Christ has faced its share of challenges but has now healed and is ready to move forward and grow.

Whitney arrived to lead the church in spring 2007 only to find himself a few months later facing a scandal that would cripple the church for years.

The church’s youth pastor, Mark McDowell, was arrested on charges of sexually molesting multiple teenage girls over the period of approximately eight years.

A few of the victims were members of the church but others were not affiliated.

McDowell pleaded guilty to the charges, served jail time and is now a registered sex offender.

“It was a period of rapid decline and heartbreak,” Whitney said.

The incident had a detrimental effect on the church. The congregation shrunk from nearly 200 members to 50.
MaxMad  (OP)

United States
02/17/2013 01:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

Are they a corporation?

DOES THE TRUE CHURCH OF CHRIST HAVE AUTHORITY FROM CHRIST TO GIVE UP HER SOVEREIGNTY TO THE STATE VIA INCORPORATION IN THAT STATE?

1) ONE OF THE THREE CHURCHES WITHIN THE CHURCH OF CHRIST:

Just make your checks payable to "Church of Christ Inc." Churches in America have incorporated for more than 200 years. The myth is you can't be sued if you are incorporated. Other reasons are, "we want to sell bonds in order to build a church building, and the IRS requires it."

After becoming an elder of the church along with one other man, we needed to be on the bank signature card. I requested a card and we signed it. After a few months I had a friend who worked for the bank and asked her to check to make sure we were on the card. She told me no so I inquired at the bank as to why. I was told the IRS requires a different form for churches who wants information regarding officers, meetings, etc. I said we will see about that. So I wrote to my Senator and he promptly forwarded my letter to the IRS. The reply from the IRS was this; "we do not interfere with churches." I knew they were fibbing, but so long as we got our signatures on the card it really didn't matter. Even on the card we signed it had a place to sign at the bottom that we did so truthfully or be under penalty of perjury laws. Needless to say we did not sign that part. I took the letter and the new card to the bank and that was the end of that. I really don't know if the bank put us on the card, or they just went ahead and cashed the checks we signed. We didn't sign that many anyway seeing we had a treasurer.

Some people think a church being incorporated is different from other corporations. Wrong! They are the same except for some minor differences. If there are no elders of a church who is incorporated, then at the annual meeting male and female members must vote on the agenda items. My son Paul preached for a small congregation in Alaska who had no elders and they did that very thing except he declined in the voting. Now this is really getting out of hand: the church now is a political subdivision of that state, subject to its laws whether preachers deny it or not. The church is the same as any other political subdivision such as schools, municipalities, water districts, counties and the list goes on.

Next we will look at some of the things pertaining to incorporation found in the two lawsuits we have already discussed.
MaxMad  (OP)

United States
02/17/2013 01:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

TO MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST:

Please remember, this is not an attack, it's a defense. Your denomination has said all other denominations are either carnal or demonic and all their members have a one way ticket to hell. In that egocentric theology your leaders have replaced Jesus with their denomination. In their eyes, they are the Way, the Truth and the Life and that's why they are not a denomination (part of the church) because they ARE the church.
Bottom line? If you can serve the Lord with all your heart in the Church of Christ denomination and stay strong in Him until the day you die, then stay in the Church of Christ denomination. The web site is not for you, then. It is for people who are in the Church of Christ denomination that are looking for more of Jesus. They are tired of a religion, and want a true, deep, sincere relationship with God. So if you have been wondering, “Is this all there is?” The answer is, no. Jesus has a lot more for you than just a "religion." He wants to have a real, vital, genuine relationship with you, and it is just a prayer away!!

Just something interesting I found online...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9142675
United States
02/17/2013 01:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quite so!
themselves PROTESTants.

Not all Catholics view everybody that way. How can a priest absolve people of sins at church, doesnt take take away from the whole point of Jesus dying on the cross? What happened to the second commandment? And where does the vatican get all their billions from? It doesnt get much more corrupt than the vatican, sorry to say so bluntly.

GLP