Soupy Sunday...What's On The Menu?

Soupy
User ID: 32407784
Canada
02/17/2013 12:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Soupy Sunday...What's On The Menu?
What soup shall I have on this lovely Sunday? What is your favourite soup? Post the recipe or a link.

Soups ahoy!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 32407784
Canada
02/17/2013 12:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Soupy Sunday...What's On The Menu?
Come on, souptards! I need a recipe!
Yeah Bass !

User ID: 28115524
Canada
02/17/2013 12:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
siren2 doom is on the menu tomorrow, but today?!? IDK
El Tiburon

User ID: 28375544
United States
02/17/2013 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Google:

Kansas City Steak Soup....

YUMMY!

I am making some as I type this.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10858311
United States
02/17/2013 02:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Broccoli Soup

Saute' minced garlic [no amount really is too much] and red pepper flakes in butter until garlic smells really good, but isn't brown yet. [I'm not going to put what amount of butter and be blamed and ridiculed for it. Please go to this thread and read all 80-some pages [link to www.godlikeproductions.com] and decide for yourself how much butter]

next put in a ton of broccoli spears, fresh or frozen. I fill up a three quart pot, but leave enough room to stir fry them a little til they've all had some exposure to the butter . If they're frozen you may not have the patience, but if fresh they should turn bright green, and then pour in water to cover, and cream {see "eat fat" thread again for deciding amount}

Let come to a boil on high and turn to medium low and simmer
about 20 minutes.

I forgot- this next step might be a problem for some ,but I've gone this far so I'll continue.- Immersion blend it to a puree with maybe some little chunks left also. {If I didn't have an immersion blender, I probably wouldn't do this soup, because I'd be sure to make a huge mess, transferring in batches to regular blender or food processor.

Then add Thai fish sauce to taste , for desired level of saltiness, or you can just do salt ,or maybe soy sauce.
The fish sauce is not really detectable as fishy in this app. and according to weston a.price foundation web site and cookbooks , it's very nutricious. Tastes a lot better than plain salt in this soup.

Then you let it come back to a simmer for a couple of minutes to let the pureed broccoli thicken it, which the cream also will have already done some, and it's ready.

GLP