Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,791 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 222,322
Pageviews Today: 360,483Threads Today: 119Posts Today: 1,927
04:39 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

WTF is going on with all these meteors all of a sudden?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13691919
United States
02/17/2013 12:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
WTF is going on with all these meteors all of a sudden?
What are your theories? Go!
pmb1

User ID: 32803227
United States
02/17/2013 12:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: WTF is going on with all these meteors all of a sudden?
Normal?? Natural?? Happens all the time except normally where people don't live?? Ok thats all I can think up at the moment give me time to cook lunch and maybe I can think up more reasons. Like maybe we are really entering an area of the galaxy that has more junk. Like what they said 2 years ago would happen and now they are saying BS??
ElusivePisces
User ID: 11156436
United States
02/17/2013 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
TPTP are orchestrating Armageddon. Buckle up, it's going to be the roughest ride of your life.
G. House

User ID: 25085525
United States
02/17/2013 12:20 PM

Report Abusive Post
What are your theories? Go!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13691919

Hype!

These events have happened in the past.

I personally witnessed the Kincardine event that happened in 1966 in Michigan and Canada.

This meteor was on a scale close to the size of the one in Russia. However it went over mostly rural areas and ended up exploding over Lake Huron.

So it was only written up in local and the Detroit newspapers. Nobody had personal video cameras back then or internet to have things go viral.

If you research bolide fireballs you will find there have been a relatively large number of them documented since the turn of the last century.
"Everybody lies."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14505884
Netherlands
02/17/2013 12:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
The big one in Russia was rare. After that a lot of people, and media, started reporting about smaller ones (that are actually very common). It's a bit of a hype now, just wait a few weeks and it's over.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29781798
Germany
Report Abusive Post
The meteorologist arent doing their jobs. Fire them all!!!!
TastyThoughts

User ID: 1308649
United States
Report Abusive Post
They like us!
I wondering if the Troposphere Collapse, Weakening of the Magnetosphere, Magnetopause, Wobbling of the Earth, or like has anything to do with them being attracted to us.
"They cannot see what's-up if They are looking down." (TastyThoughts)
"Something is smelly! Something is smelly, like an old barnacle encrusted shoe washing ashore in the middle of summer." (TastyThoughts)
"Yes happy Earth day. Now go tell the wicked to stop damaging the Human Species therefore/and the Earth; For, they are discombobulating the entire Universe and upsetting the Most High God." (TastyThoughts)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26514621
United States
02/17/2013 12:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Huge fireball streaked across the Northern Arizona sky at 11:30 pm. I've talked to 2 people who saw it.

Factoid: Within 30 miles of the Travis Walton incident.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1296389
United States
02/17/2013 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Im not saying its aliens...

BUT ITS ALIENS.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32175027
United States
02/17/2013 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Whether it's coincidence or not, it's all apart of the "hey, you know what's next?" plan.

We just got done with Dec. 21, then the pope resigns (Petrus Romanus - the final pope - true or not, that's what it says), asteroids and meteoroids, then a daylight comet this fall, then who knows what else?

These are the end times. There might be 50 years left instead of 10, but I really feel like these are the last few years.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34613724
United States
02/17/2013 12:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Huge fireball streaked across the Northern Arizona sky at 11:30 pm. I've talked to 2 people who saw it.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26514621

Last night, Saturday?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29781798
Germany
02/17/2013 12:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Whether it's coincidence or not, it's all apart of the "hey, you know what's next?" plan.

We just got done with Dec. 21, then the pope resigns (Petrus Romanus - the final pope - true or not, that's what it says), asteroids and meteoroids, then a daylight comet this fall, then who knows what else?

These are the end times. There might be 50 years left instead of 10, but I really feel like these are the last few years.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32175027

I agree
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34614121
United States
02/17/2013 12:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
They have been telling us the last few years that 2013 all this would increase greatly.The cycle for maximum solar activity begins this year
NervousAndJerky

User ID: 30856702
United States
02/17/2013 12:37 PM

Report Abusive Post
Larger object gravitationaly attract smaller objects and debris, as it moves throught it's orbit. Like a cloud around the larger object. Large object passes buy at a safe distance, but some of the smaller objects and debris are not as lucky. Just a theory.

Last Edited by NervousAndJerky on 02/17/2013 12:38 PM
Perspective is everything.

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18713240
United States
02/17/2013 12:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nibiru coming in
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34614655
Mexico
02/17/2013 12:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Larger object gravitationaly attract smaller objects and debris, as it moves throught it's orbit. Like a cloud around the larger object. Large object passes buy at a safe distance, but some of the smaller objects and debris are not as lucky. Just a theory.
 Quoting: NervousAndJerky

Then why other objets pass close enough to hit satellites an are not pulled down?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9303086
United States
02/17/2013 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Do you drive much op??

think of it like driving op...there are millions and millions of pebbles and stones on the road right?....you go down that road day after day right?....then one day a stone get thrown into the air by a car going in a different direction and BAM....you are on the phone with "Flo" from progressive insurance getting your windshield replaced!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34094985
Canada
02/17/2013 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
You Morons. Nobody can do this. Make this happen.

How many times do you people need to be told that we are in a debris stream. The Junk Belt.

We moved into it a few months ago when we started crossing the Galactic equator.

Go to the Astronomy sites and get an education. The info is all over the place and your going to sit here and scratch your heads like there's some mystery to this hole thing. Give me a break.

There will be lots more of this. Its from Space. Not created its just there and some will enter the atmosphere and burn and some will hit.

This isn't rocket science its just science. No conspiracy either. Now go grow a brain and do some real reading.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9303086
United States
02/17/2013 12:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Do you drive much op??

think of it like driving op...there are millions and millions of pebbles and stones on the road right?....you go down that road day after day right?....then one day a stone get thrown into the air by a car going in a different direction and BAM....you are on the phone with "Flo" from progressive insurance getting your windshield replaced!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9303086

Well last night a Dump Truck full of gravel came this way!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4916921
United States
02/17/2013 12:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nibiru coming in
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18713240

Say hello to my little friends.
RockHall

User ID: 33955437
United States
02/17/2013 12:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
The book of Rev. says that in the last days of the popes an angel will throw a mountain out of the sky and destroy what is thought to be the Vatican (or something like that??)

Well, we're soon going to get the last pope so these meteors do seem a bit apropos...
"I think, therefore I am..."
René Descartes

"I don't think, therefore I am not..."
RockHall

"The ONLY hope we have is Donald Trump"

Should Trump file for a recount in all the states he lost?
Absolutely.
Fair is fair.

Thread: Should Trump file for a recount in all the states he lost?
Yeah Bass !

User ID: 28115524
Canada
02/17/2013 12:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
TPTP are orchestrating Armageddon.
 Quoting: ElusivePisces 11156436

scheming
your uncle
User ID: 1652073
United States
02/17/2013 12:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think its fire balls coming from the hot sun solar flares god will punish the earth with fire coming from the skies prepare for a world wide event only the true believers of god will survive and not be harmed with the heat that is coming there is nothing we can do but prepare god has spoken its a warning signabduct
your uncle
User ID: 1652073
United States
02/17/2013 12:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think its fire balls coming from the hot sun solar flares god will punish the earth with fire coming from the skies prepare for a world wide event only the true believers of god will survive and not be harmed with the heat that is coming there is nothing we can do but prepare god has spoken its a warning signabduct
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31988140
United States
02/17/2013 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's perfectly normal. There are just more cameras in the world to record them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34170897
Australia
02/17/2013 01:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
What meteors?????

DA14 was an asteroid.
The fireball seen in Russia was not a meteor. It was a weapon of some sort, I dont know.

Seriously, since when does a meteor start to burn up after it has entered into the stratosphere???
We've all seen shooting stars right! They burn as they enter the upper layers of the atmosphere due to friction. They dont come through and then burn up where there is less or no friction.

Just because the media says "meteor" doesnt mean everyone has to abandon common sense and go with what they say.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28804628
United States
02/17/2013 01:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Im not saying its aliens...

(snip)

BUT ITS ALIENS.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1296389

abducthiding
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/17/2013 01:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
What meteors?????

DA14 was an asteroid.
The fireball seen in Russia was not a meteor. It was a weapon of some sort, I dont know.

Seriously, since when does a meteor start to burn up after it has entered into the stratosphere???
We've all seen shooting stars right! They burn as they enter the upper layers of the atmosphere due to friction. They dont come through and then burn up where there is less or no friction.

Just because the media says "meteor" doesnt mean everyone has to abandon common sense and go with what they say.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 34170897

Why would you say it was a weapon of some sort if you admit you don't know?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/17/2013 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
NervousAndJerky

User ID: 30856702
United States
02/17/2013 04:30 PM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: NervousAndJerky

Then why other objets pass close enough to hit satellites an are not pulled down?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 34614655

This collection of debris happens over well, lets just say a long time. This cloud if you like, is moving really fast, all held in the bigger objects gravity field. So it would be affected by Earths gravity in the same way as the bigger object. Newtons law. please see.

So you see if the matter in the cloud is lined up with the Earth and or a sattlelite, it hits, if not it doesn't. Earths gravity affects the large object and the debris traveling along with it to the same extent. An object in motion,tends to stay in motion. Unless acted apon buy an outside force.

Last Edited by NervousAndJerky on 02/17/2013 04:31 PM
Perspective is everything.

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

GLP