Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,215 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,021,868
Pageviews Today: 1,832,329Threads Today: 792Posts Today: 14,041
08:45 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

If you believe chemtrails are real . . . what source of information has reinforced your belief most?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 36488183
United States
03/29/2013 06:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: If you believe chemtrails are real . . . what source of information has reinforced your belief most?
Why do you guys take contrails so seriously?
 Quoting: vtcw 37105744

It isn't the contrails per se but the anti-science, science illiteracy that bothers me. People ignore the science in favor of the mind numbing, irrational explanations that are counter to 2000 years of scientific progress.

Then there is the lack of complete logic:
“I know what I see.” You may know what you see but you may not know how it got there and you definitely don’t know what it is composed of.
“So many people argue against it, so it must be true.” That is just inane.
There are so many more examples.

People just do not realize that when they see something in the sky that is an observation. The observation has value but the improper extrapolation of interpreting what they see is meaningless.

Here is an example. Uri Geller is a so called psychic. Many years ago he was tested by a group of scientists and was able to convince them he had psychic powers. The problem was, none of the scientists were magicians. Later when a magician studied the problem he was able to explain and duplicate all of the Uri Geller feats as simple magic tricks. The scientists were rather embarrassed and retracted their statements.

The point is, the scientists were out of their field and made a mistake. If you haven’t studied science and particularly atmospheric physics you run the very big risk of being wrong. But so many people fear being wrong they dig in their heels and start arguing even though they don’t realize how ludicrous their arguments are.

People really need to know that this arguments in favor of chemtrails are just bogus arguments based on fear, ignorance, and lies.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 36488183

Great post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30170064

What is so great about it, it is stupid. I don't think anyone was saying they fear chemtrails, its mostly a question of why, who is doing it, funding it, what will happen when it is stopped.
Valid question that are not answered from you shills and sock puppets.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13916976

No substance just more insults. Can't discuss like an adult. You have yet to convince anyone that understands science that chemtrails are anything more than contrails. Which means that your questions of 'why, who is doing it, funding it, what will happen when it is stopped' are totally moot. First prove they are what you say they are then you go on.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30170064
United States
03/29/2013 06:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: If you believe chemtrails are real . . . what source of information has reinforced your belief most?
Why do you guys take contrails so seriously?
 Quoting: vtcw 37105744

It isn't the contrails per se but the anti-science, science illiteracy that bothers me. People ignore the science in favor of the mind numbing, irrational explanations that are counter to 2000 years of scientific progress.

“I know what I see.” You may know what you see but you may not know how it got there and you definitely don’t know what it is composed of.

People just do not realize that when they see something in the sky that is an observation. The observation has value but the improper extrapolation of interpreting what they see is meaningless.

Here is an example. Uri Geller is a so called psychic. Many years ago he was tested by a group of scientists and was able to convince them he had psychic powers. The problem was, none of the scientists were magicians. Later when a magician studied the problem he was able to explain and duplicate all of the Uri Geller feats as simple magic tricks. The scientists were rather embarrassed and retracted their statements.

The point is, the scientists were out of their field and made a mistake. If you haven’t studied science and particularly atmospheric physics you run the very big risk of being wrong. But so many people fear being wrong they dig in their heels and start arguing even though they don’t realize how ludicrous their arguments are.

People really need to know that this arguments in favor of chemtrails are just bogus arguments based on fear, ignorance, and lies.

Great post

What is so great about it, it is stupid. I don't think anyone was saying they fear chemtrails, its mostly a question of why, who is doing it, funding it, what will happen when it is stopped.

Theres nothing to answer because you haven't been able to show they exist..and that you aren't just seeing contrails!

The only place you are taken seriously is on sites where other people who jump to conclusions believe the same things. Yet, you ignore the fact that anyone who has actually studied these subjects say they are most likely contrails. It's pathetic and sad..

Don't lie, you do fear them, and it's funny!

Of course you can't recognize what is great about the post...because you're a chemtard.

How can you possibly tell what is in any trail, and why hasn't anyone who actually studies the atmosphere found anything unusual ?!

The fact that these things don't seem to bother you is why you will always be a chemtard, and a conspiracy nut. You don't care about reputable sources of info...if someone says it...and you believe it, that person is automatically 100% right..and so are you. It's called confirmation bias.

I'm glad you people live like Chicken Little all day...every day.

Please, don't change a thing...continue to post nonsense as fact, cry about "shills" because you are paranoid, and whine about "chemtrails" because you are ignorant. It's the best free comedy on the Internet!
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/29/2013 06:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

Great post

No substance just more insults. Can't discuss like an adult. You have yet to convince anyone that understands science that chemtrails are anything more than contrails. Which means that your questions of 'why, who is doing it, funding it, what will happen when it is stopped' are totally moot. First prove they are what you say they are then you go on.

They not care if they exist...it's all roll playing..and they are pretending to be stupid.

That has to be the case...they wouldn't insist that there are chemicals in the trails even though no one has ever found any!

It's all a big joke...
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/29/2013 06:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oops.

That should be "they don't care..."
George B  (OP)
Extinct But Not Forgotten!

User ID: 19998253
United States
03/29/2013 08:09 PM

Report Abusive Post
I did not say they were the same . . . I am referring to the following quote . . . The average global anthropogenic SO2 emission strength has probably been fairly constant between 1980 and 1990, the increases in some regions being compensated by decreases in other regions (Boucher and Pham, 2002).
 Quoting: George B

But your interest was AFTER 1990. What happenend to anthropogenic SO2 emission after 1990?

According to the EPA in the US and like agencies in Europe the ground level concentrations went down. . . .

But that is off by 40,000 to 100,000+ feet. The question is straospheric, not ground level SO2.

Where do you think most of the man made sulfur comes from . . . it isn't manufactured at 35,000 feet???another do Or on second thought maybe some of it is . . . coffee4

Last Edited by George B on 03/29/2013 08:34 PM
Martin Luther King . . . Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter!

"Email: [email protected]"

All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.
Galileo Galilei, Italian astronomer & physicist (1564 - 1642)

The only thing guaranteed in life is deception. . . everything else is optional . . . George B
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 36488183
United States
03/30/2013 12:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

But your interest was AFTER 1990. What happenend to anthropogenic SO2 emission after 1990?

According to the EPA in the US and like agencies in Europe the ground level concentrations went down. . . .

But that is off by 40,000 to 100,000+ feet. The question is straospheric, not ground level SO2.

Where do you think most of the man made sulfur comes from . . . it isn't manufactured at 35,000 feet???:Or on second thought maybe some of it is . . .

Where do you think most of the man made sulfur comes from ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 36419852
United States
03/30/2013 05:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.rawstory.com]

Could it be....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5141990

yep. that's what i figure.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/30/2013 05:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

Could it be....

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 36419852

Man, you people accept the most specious sources of information as truth.

I suppose everything in the National Enquirer is also true...
George B  (OP)

United States
03/30/2013 06:13 AM

Report Abusive Post

Where do you think most of the man made sulfur comes from . . . it isn't manufactured at 35,000 feet???:Or on second thought maybe some of it is . . .

Where do you think most of the man made sulfur comes from ?

Conventional wisdom indicates it comes from the burning of fossil fuels. . . . aircraft is felt to contribute around 1% I believe. . . .

Page 2.40 [link to ozone.unep.org]

" The source for SO2 consists mostly of anthropogenic sources from fossil fuel use (~70 Tg (S) yr–1), with volcanic outgassing (including small eruptions) and biomass burning con- tributing 8-20 Tg (S) yr–1 (Graf et al., 1997; Andres and Kasgnoc, 1998) and 2.5 Tg (S) yr–1 (Hao et al., 1990), respectively. Note that portions of the latter sources are deposited directly into the free troposphere and can reach the stratosphere more efficiently. The amount of sulfur emitted by aviation in the upper troposphere and lower stratosphere was estimated to be 0.06 Tg (S) yr–1 in 1992 (see Fahey and Schumann et al., 1999). The Mt. Pinatubo eruption is estimated to have injected 20 Tg (S) directly into the lower stratosphere."

page 2.43

"Kjellström et al. (1999) estimated that aircraft emissions contribute less than 1% of the total sulfate mass in regions of high air traffic."

Last Edited by George B on 03/30/2013 06:20 AM
Martin Luther King . . . Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter!

All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.

The only thing guaranteed in life is deception. . . everything else is optional . . . George B
George B  (OP)

United States
03/30/2013 06:23 AM

Report Abusive Post
POLL: If you believe chemtrails are real . . . what source of information has reinforced your belief most?

8) I see persistent trails in the skies . . .    70.5% (237)
10) Scientific papers, patents, symposia (mainstream) . . .   8.0% (27)
12) Other. . .  please specify in this Thread. . . .    6.8% (23)
4) YouTube Videos about chemtrails . . .   6.2% (21)
7) There are websites I visit that talk about them . . .   2.7% (9)
5) Reading about different conspiracies they mentioned them .  .   1.5% (5)
2) I have dreams about them . .    1.2% (4)
11)  Papers, articles, symposia by other chemtrail believes . . .   1.2% (4)
3) Documentaries about them on the History Channel . . .   0.6% (2)
6) My friends and/or family talk about them . . .   0.6% (2)
9) Rap songs or other entertainment including celebrities . . .   0.6% (2)
1) TV news stories about them . . .   0% (0)
Blank (View Results) (151)

Non-Blank Votes: 336

Thanks for your participation. . . moshpit

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5141990
United States
03/30/2013 06:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

Could it be....

I am sure you are aware that it is being talked about all over the www.

Why not copy paste some of your SOP so all can see what you are about...contardshill.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1246800
Australia
03/30/2013 06:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
abandon this thread - it's full of shills.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5917739
United States
03/30/2013 06:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

There's nothing to discuss. Bad doggie, no biscuit.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/30/2013 07:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

Could it be....

yep. just what we said...go figure. LOL!
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/30/2013 07:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
abandon this thread - it's full of shills.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1246800

5a

Not botshills so they are far more entertaining..lolz.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/30/2013 07:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
speaking of sulfur;

[link to www.nytimes.com]
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/30/2013 07:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

Could it be....

Why not copy paste some of your SOP so all can see what you are about...contardshill.

More paranoia...

I don't follow an "SOP".

I follow logic, common sense, and scientific knowledge.

Unlike the chemtards....
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/30/2013 07:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ok, ya got me..I'm coming clean now..

I heard some guys talking at the base..it's all going down this coming week..prepare...and hide!
George B  (OP)

United States
03/30/2013 07:47 AM

Report Abusive Post
speaking of sulfur;

Interseting . . . They are proposing to cut Sulfur content for automobiles from 300 ppm to 30 ppm now at a cost of 10 billion dollars to 10 pm for another 10 billion dollars. . . while the standard for aircraft is still 3,000 ppm. . . Why is that???tounge

"
Charles T. Drevna, president of the American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers, the refiners’ main trade association, said the companies had in the last few years cut the sulfur content by 90 percent, to 30 parts from 300 parts, at a cost of $10 billion in capital improvements. He said that the proposed cut would cost another $10 billion. Because the process consumes energy, it will raise the carbon dioxide output of refineries.

Gasoline in the other 49 states can now have up to 30 parts of sulfur per million, and the proposed rule will be 10."

Last Edited by George B on 03/30/2013 08:05 AM

Anonymous Coward
United States
03/30/2013 08:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Interseting . . . They are proposing to cut Sulfur content for automobiles from 300 ppm to 30 ppm while the standard for aircraft is still 3,000 ppm. . . Why is that???tounge

To raise gas prices, of course. Anything they can do to kill capitalism and raise the prices of EVERYTHING people buy....
George B  (OP)

United States
03/30/2013 08:10 AM

Report Abusive Post
Interseting . . . They are proposing to cut Sulfur content for automobiles from 300 ppm to 30 ppm while the standard for aircraft is still 3,000 ppm. . . Why is that???tounge

To raise gas prices, of course. Anything they can do to kill capitalism and raise the prices of EVERYTHING people buy....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5917739

Preferential treatment of the aircraft industry and it is disgusting !!!!! Pump prices for ground dwellers will be another 6-8 cents per gallon . . . but the airlines don't have to pay any increases . . . BULL !!!!!whatever

Last Edited by George B on 03/30/2013 08:10 AM

Anonymous Coward
United States
03/30/2013 08:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

More paranoia...

I don't follow an "SOP".

Unlike the chemtards....

lame 1rof1
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/30/2013 08:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

Preferential treatment of the aircraft industry and it is disgusting !!!!! Pump prices for ground dwellers will be another 6-8 cents per gallon . . . but the airlines don't have to pay any increases . . . BULL !!!!!whatever

Works for me. Makes the spraying cheaper.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/30/2013 08:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

More paranoia...

I don't follow an "SOP".

Unlike the chemtards....

lame 1rof1

No, what's "lame" is that there are a bunch of paranoid fools in the world who believe that the trails in the sky are anything more than water vapor and combustion gases despite a complete lack of evidence.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/30/2013 08:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

Fuel prices go up for them also...and is passed on to the consumer...in many ways. Higher shipping costs, taxes, fees, added fees for baggage, overweight passengers, and so on...
George B  (OP)

United States
03/30/2013 08:49 AM

Report Abusive Post

Fuel prices go up for them also...and is passed on to the consumer...in many ways. Higher shipping costs, taxes, fees, added fees for baggage, overweight passengers, and so on...

So if the average joe can pay 20 billion worth of increase energy tax to reduce sulfur ppm from 300ppm to 10ppm . . . the airline industry can pay a 2% increase in fuel costs to eliminate 70% of the persistent contrails and cirrus cloud banks. . . . All the while reducing the global warming potential as well. . . .grumpy2 They are going to pass the increased cost on to the customer anyway !!!!!!coffee4

George B  (OP)

United States
03/30/2013 10:07 AM

Report Abusive Post
Ironic isn't it (The Glory Aerosol Polarimetry Sensor)-the one instrument that could have answered many of the needed answers about aerosols possible origins and climatic effects was a Raytheon project . . . and . . . was somehow lost by a failed launch!!! What are the odds?????ohno
---------

Raytheon’s Aerosol Polarimetry Sensor

Raytheon’s Aerosol Polarimetry Sensor (APS) will measure aerosols in Earth’s atmosphere to provide scientists and policy makers a better understanding of how those aerosols affect global climate change.

“The Glory Aerosol Polarimetry Sensor can distinguish between various types of aerosols and reveal the different role each plays in either warming or cooling our planet,” said Bill Hart, vice president, Space Systems. “Since black carbon aerosols generally contribute to warming, and sulfate aerosols to cooling, the concentrations of these aerosols and others must be determined to ensure accurate climate modeling.”

Both natural and man-made aerosols are important constituents of the atmosphere that affect global temperature. Yet they remain poorly quantified and, according to NASA scientists, represent the largest uncertainty regarding climate change.

[link to www.raytheon.com]

On 4 March 2011, the Aerosol Polarimetry Sensor (APS) was lost as a consequence of the failed launch of the Glory Mission. On 6 March 2011, Dr. Michael Freilich, Director of the Earth Science Division, Science Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters, directed the Glory APS Science Team to perform a comprehensive study intended to develop and evaluate the science rationale for an APS reflight.
[link to glory.giss.nasa.gov]

Third time's the charm . . . incompetence personified . . . seems beyond even the government to use the same failed company . . . unless you have a reason to make all climate analysis systems fall into the ocean . . . LoL!!!!!!

[link to www.youtube.com]

Both the rocket and the satellite were built by Orbital Sciences Corp. of Dulles, Va. . . . and they still have the contract for the next launch . . . !!!!!

Last Edited by George B on 03/30/2013 10:21 AM

Anonymous Coward
United States
03/30/2013 10:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

More paranoia...

I don't follow an "SOP".

Unlike the chemtards....

lame 1rof1

No, what's "lame" is that there are a bunch of paranoid fools in the world who believe that the trails in the sky are anything more than water vapor and combustion gases despite a complete lack of evidence.

"SOP" all day long, everyday, many id #'s, how you do go on.
1rof1
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/30/2013 10:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

Could it be....

It is, what it is.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37139942
United States
03/30/2013 10:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

More paranoia...

I don't follow an "SOP".

Unlike the chemtards....

lame 1rof1

There is nothing paranoid about noticing chemtrails. what would be lame is thinking that everything is a contrail that's coming from behind the plane.

Don't you think that by now people are on to what you are attempting to debunk?

May as well give it up, it is useless, these shill post, all the same, all meaningless.

GLP