Coffee Klatch

flavapor

User ID: 964647
United States
02/21/2013 03:46 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Coffee Klatch
So this is our new thread to get together and discuss anything and everything. Everyone is welcome.

If you want an opinion, advice, or just someone to listen we are your virtual coffee chat.

That being said, I hope everyone pops in from time to time just to say hi and those who dont pop in often find us.

Last Edited by flavapor on 02/21/2013 11:32 PM
Nine's

User ID: 23438707
United States
02/21/2013 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Coffee Klatch
halfsleep Sweeeet. We get to pull up a chair and sit a spell?
MamaHasAwakened

User ID: 5426767
United States
02/21/2013 03:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you Flava for doing this!

grouphug

coffee4
flavapor  (OP)

United States
02/21/2013 04:02 PM

Report Abusive Post
Yes its gonna be nice to delete posts from not so nice people. Hope everyone finds us. I guess if we dont post on the other one, they will see the link when they check in.
Nine's

United States
02/21/2013 04:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
How many inches of snow have you got Mama, and how did you get SIX kids at your house? Neighbor kids? No day off for you I bet. LOL.

Yes, Flav. Thanks. Maybe some others will join in and tell what they're having for supper. Hungry here, but haven't thawed anything and nothing sounds good. Except watermelon of course, but that's not in season so it won't be good. Ideas anyone?
MamaHasAwakened

United States
02/21/2013 04:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
How many inches of snow have you got Mama, and how did you get SIX kids at your house? Neighbor kids? No day off for you I bet. LOL.

Yes, Flav. Thanks. Maybe some others will join in and tell what they're having for supper. Hungry here, but haven't thawed anything and nothing sounds good. Except watermelon of course, but that's not in season so it won't be good. Ideas anyone?
 Quoting: Nine's

It's really not that much....I'd say maybe 4-5 inches at best. It has just stopped, so maybe the sleet will start back up!
Yes neighbor kids plus mine!
MamaHasAwakened

United States
02/21/2013 04:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
UGHHH! Thank goodness I stocked up on snickers and wine! Will be needing both after this afternoon!
Nine's

United States
02/21/2013 04:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow, Mama. Would hate to be in your position today! Hide the snickers and chug the wine. LOL. Your kids are so lucky to have you. How many parents let other kids come in and play on a day like this! Not many, as proven by your full house.

Hope you don't get sleet or wind. That icy crap sucks. Doesn't that just fit about the groundhog not seeing his shadow. Doesn't matter if he does or doesn't, we're still gonna get six more weeks of winter from the time ol' Puxatawny Phil is dragged from his slumber.

Good thing is that summer is on the way. 8)
Nine's

United States
02/21/2013 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
One last bump for coffee and conversation before chore time. You guys in the storm stay safe and stay home......so the neighbor kids have somewhere to go. smile_kiss
MamaHasAwakened

United States
02/21/2013 04:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
One last bump for coffee and conversation before chore time. You guys in the storm stay safe and stay home......so the neighbor kids have somewhere to go. smile_kiss

Yes....Snickers hidden in freezer behing fruit!

lmao
Hard Eight

User ID: 8668963
United States
02/21/2013 05:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
UGHHH! Thank goodness I stocked up on snickers and wine! Will be needing both after this afternoon!
 Quoting: MamaHasAwakened

I like your attitudehfand snow days. Rare in Dallas
Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.
Sam Houston

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

If you don't read the newspaper   
you are uninformed, if you do   
read the newspaper you are   
misinformed. -- Mark Twain

Giving money and power to   
government is like giving whiskey   
and keys to teenage boys.   
-- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

MamaHasAwakened

United States
02/21/2013 05:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

I like your attitudehfand snow days. Rare in Dallas
 Quoting: Hard Eight

Hi Hard Eight!!

Nice to meet you and so glad you are here!

cheer
Hard Eight

User ID: 8668963
United States
02/21/2013 05:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Glad to visit. I have eaten much of the sand that Texas Buckeye often has to deal with and don't miss it a bit. Ha

My free acct. gets banned if I spend more than a few hours per week on here.

Re: Sustainable living, I'm good as long as beef jerky and salsa count.
Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.
Sam Houston

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

If you don't read the newspaper   
you are uninformed, if you do   
read the newspaper you are   
misinformed. -- Mark Twain

Giving money and power to   
government is like giving whiskey   
and keys to teenage boys.   
-- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

flavapor  (OP)

United States
02/21/2013 06:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
Glad to visit. I have eaten much of the sand that Texas Buckeye often has to deal with and don't miss it a bit. Ha

My free acct. gets banned if I spend more than a few hours per week on here.

Re: Sustainable living, I'm good as long as beef jerky and salsa count.
 Quoting: Hard Eight

Everything counts!

Mama... I hope you get a nice hot bubble bath with candles and wine later all by yourself!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27627840
United States
02/21/2013 06:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
hello, all. central illinois here and we've been getting a good snowing for a bit now.

i'll take you up on you offer of any topic and start by asking if anyone has noticed how the pepsee and tweeter logos look like an object falling into water causing a huge wave?.

thanks for your upcoming responses......now for another sip...
flavapor  (OP)

United States
02/21/2013 06:52 PM

Report Abusive Post
hello, all. central illinois here and we've been getting a good snowing for a bit now.

i'll take you up on you offer of any topic and start by asking if anyone has noticed how the pepsee and tweeter logos look like an object falling into water causing a huge wave?.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27627840

Have never seen tweeter, but I think pepsi looks like a wave.

Sorry your getting all that snow. Its always so pretty while it falls, but then it just gets dirty and gross.
Florida here.
Southern OR

User ID: 20471008
United States
02/21/2013 09:05 PM

Report Abusive Post
Hi Guys! Mamma, I talked to my daughter a few times today. She said the front yard was knee deep in snow. She is tall so the bottom of her knees are about 16" of snow. She said the wind was the worst part. They sent everyone on the base home from work early. Only "essential" personnel have to stay and they may have to stay till the storm is over.
"Well-behaved women seldom make history." —Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale
Southern OR

United States
02/21/2013 09:07 PM

Report Abusive Post

That represents all the food groups. The snickers covers protein, dairy, and carbs ~ and the wine is a fruit.

Last Edited by Southern OR on 02/21/2013 09:07 PM

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale
Nine's

United States
02/21/2013 09:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27627840

Haven't seen them to know so I'll take your word for it. Have some more coffee. When you leave, could you rinse the cup? Everyone expects me to clean up all the cups around here. eatdrink
Southern OR

United States
02/21/2013 09:27 PM

Report Abusive Post

Hi Nine's! I did an easy chicken alfredo with peas last night. I cheated and used a jar of alfredo, but hey it was a work night.

Southern OR

United States
02/21/2013 09:29 PM

Report Abusive Post
Flava - How do you like the eyeliner tattoo? I've been telling my mom she should look into doing her eyebrows. They are very light and thin so she always has to use pencil. I doubt she will go for it though.

Southern OR

United States
02/21/2013 09:30 PM

Report Abusive Post
Howdy Hard Eight! Welcome to the coffee klatsch.

Nine's

United States
02/21/2013 09:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hi Nine's! I did an easy chicken alfredo with peas last night. I cheated and used a jar of alfredo, but hey it was a work night.
 Quoting: Southern OR

Bet that was good. Thanks for the idea. Finally decided on fried potatoes with onions, cheese grits, and eggs. It was decent.

Hope things wind down over there for the snowy people. If it was that high on your daughter, it's horrible to think what it will be with the wind blowing. Hope they are able to keep their power on.
MamaHasAwakened

United States
02/21/2013 09:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi Guys! Mamma, I talked to my daughter a few times today. She said the front yard was knee deep in snow. She is tall so the bottom of her knees are about 16" of snow. She said the wind was the worst part. They sent everyone on the base home from work early. Only "essential" personnel have to stay and they may have to stay till the storm is over.

HI SO!!!

SO good to see you!

Sounds like where your daughter is at and the KC area really got a lot of snow! We did not get that much...

School is out tomorrow! I will be better prepared and keep the doors locked! LOL

chuckle
MamaHasAwakened

United States
02/21/2013 09:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Bet that was good. Thanks for the idea. Finally decided on fried potatoes with onions, cheese grits, and eggs. It was decent.

Hope things wind down over there for the snowy people. If it was that high on your daughter, it's horrible to think what it will be with the wind blowing. Hope they are able to keep their power on.

Funny, I was going to suggest breakfast food! Sounds yummy!
Southern OR

United States
02/21/2013 09:46 PM

Report Abusive Post

HI SO!!!

SO good to see you!

Sounds like where your daughter is at and the KC area really got a lot of snow! We did not get that much...

School is out tomorrow! I will be better prepared and keep the doors locked! LOL

chuckle

Lock them out but give out hot cocoa to counter it!

Nine's

United States
02/21/2013 10:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

Funny, I was going to suggest breakfast food! Sounds yummy!

HAHA! It was pretty good for a cold day. Thanks for the idea! brrrcold
Texan Buckeye

User ID: 1533753
United States
02/21/2013 10:04 PM

Report Abusive Post
Hi guys! Yeah...I found our kitchen Sorry I missed the beginning chats. We went into the city on several missions. I even finally found pre-fold diapers to make burp towels. Now I have to order a new foot pedal for my machine. I think I threw it out by mistake when I got rid of a "dead" sewing machine.

We had a beautiful afternoon. The wind died down and just a few clouds. The stars are out now.
Nine's

United States
02/21/2013 10:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bout time you showed up TB. LOL. Thought of you earlier and how crafty you are and here you are talking about making burp cloths. Was thinking what fun to make little tiny things for babies, and those little velcro diapers came to mind. They're really expensive to buy, but not much to make them. I think the brand name is Bummies?? Not sure, but you can make liners, use different materials, have a cover of wool or whatever you want.

If your buy the baby material, they have some of the cutest patterns in the fabric. You can get a free copy of the pattern online I think. Even if the kids didn't want them now, if they run out of disposables some night when they're exhausted, they'd love having a few of them.

Another cute thing is taking a dish towel, cutting out a neck, leaving some to go over the shoulder, folding up the bottom for a little pocket, and sewing trim on it.

You must be so excited!

Just googled it. It's bummi...no e on the end. Look at the "original wrap" under the "New" tab. Easy to make and easy to change.
[link to www.bummis.com]

Last Edited by Nine's - IN MEMORIAM on 02/21/2013 10:22 PM
Texan Buckeye

User ID: 1533753
United States
02/21/2013 10:21 PM

Report Abusive Post
Bout time you showed up TB. LOL. Thought of you earlier and how crafty you are and here you are talking about making burp cloths. Was thinking what fun to make little tiny things for babies, and those little velcro diapers came to mind. They're really expensive to buy, but not much to make them. I think the brand name is Bummies?? Not sure, but you can make liners, use different materials, have a cover of wool or whatever you want.

If your buy the baby material, they have some of the cutest patterns in the fabric. You can get a free copy of the pattern online I think. Even if the kids didn't want them now, if they run out of disposables some night when they're exhausted, they'd love having a few of them.

Another cute thing is taking a dish towel, cutting out a neck, leaving some to go over the shoulder, folding up the bottom for a little pocket, and sewing trim on it.

You must be so excited!

You know what's funny? I bought a discounted book at Hobby Lobby a month ago with the patterns and directions on how to make the fitted diapers and swimmies! We saw them at Target already made. I've been looking all over for instructions to make all kinds of things! I found some really cool bibs, too. I found a couple of different ways to finish off fleece blankets that I'm going to make as soon as I find my rotary cutter and mat. I hope it's not in storage!
Nine's

United States
02/21/2013 10:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
That's awesome TB. My post was edited to add the website. Looks like you can buy diaper materials from them now. It used to be that you had to look high and low to find diaper flannel and wool that was soft enough, yet absorbent for a baby. Here's a link to some free patterns. You might already have it. There's a cute little diaper pouch and changing pad among other things.
[link to www.allfreesewing.com]

GLP