Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 3,274 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,130,967
Pageviews Today: 2,151,204Threads Today: 1,020Posts Today: 18,964
10:42 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

4 Comets now!!!! WTF? Panstarrs,Lemmon,Ison,Enke.Huge Media Cover-up.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35045546
Ireland
02/24/2013 03:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: 4 Comets now!!!! WTF? Panstarrs,Lemmon,Ison,Enke.Huge Media Cover-up.
Poop
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2980207
United States
02/24/2013 03:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hey Astro, I was wondering if you know if any of the comets that are going to be visible would have a reddish color to them?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2980207

Not to my knowledge, but I could always do this to the pictures...
:comettherm1:
:comettherm2:
Oh man, I could have fun with that... Nah, I'm too honest to do that.
 Quoting: Dr. Astro

lol.

Well, I still look forward to seeing them. I usually forget or it's cloudy whenever something interesting is going on astronomically, hopefully I'll have better luck this time.
RTS
User ID: 8620349
United States
02/24/2013 03:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
I only have one account and it's probably obvious to the most dim-witted, which one it is at this point.
 Quoting: RTS 8620349

Nice oxymoron. You only have one account and it's obvious which one it is. LOL. Idiot. You really expect me to believe "RTS" wasn't your account? You're still using that name "nli" since the RTS account itself is shut down. Like I said, you claimed it was a bribe, I'm not going to give it to you. Next time, try not to be such a jackass.

OUCH!!

Red Karma

even though I haven't signed in for months.

you must be a 'believer' huh?

tell you what..

if you upgrade me, I'll dig my password out of the pile of papers I have in the kitchen drawer and sign in.

how does that sound?

I wasn't the one who left you the red karma (don't believe me? Just check your karma page now - this is what you get for ASSuming).
:trollspray:
I'm not upgrading you after you falsely accused me of attempting to bribe you with the upgrade. Go away.

I'm sorry but the karma page doesn't show little details like that Dr. Asshat. (unless it's signed)

But then again, being a long time member you couldn't possibly know stuff like that huh?

LIAR
Dr. AstroModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 4211721
United States
02/24/2013 03:10 AM

Report Abusive Post

Nice oxymoron. You only have one account and it's obvious which one it is. LOL. Idiot. You really expect me to believe "RTS" wasn't your account? You're still using that name "nli" since the RTS account itself is shut down. Like I said, you claimed it was a bribe, I'm not going to give it to you. Next time, try not to be such a jackass.

OUCH!!

Red Karma

tell you what..

if you upgrade me, I'll dig my password out of the pile of papers I have in the kitchen drawer and sign in.

how does that sound?

I wasn't the one who left you the red karma (don't believe me? Just check your karma page now - this is what you get for ASSuming).
trollspray
I'm not upgrading you after you falsely accused me of attempting to bribe you with the upgrade. Go away.

I'm sorry but the karma page doesn't show little details like that Dr. Asshat. (unless it's signed)

Good lord, you're dense. I just signed fresh karma showing that the previously received karma wasn't from me. Clearly I'm not the only one who thinks you're a liar.
astrobanner2
Free Planet
User ID: 29990071
United Kingdom
02/24/2013 03:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
IF THE SOLAR SYSTEM IS AN ELECTRIC* SYSTEM...

in terms of localised charge alterage, etc. "Wouldn't more asteroid activity around the sun alter the sunspot activity?"

This Detroit guy might be onto something.

Has anyone correlated asteroid events with sunspot events?

* i.e. not a nuclear/gravitational system.
SilentlyKnowing

User ID: 12083439
United States
02/24/2013 03:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Few people have realized that Comet Panstarrs is about to become visible to the naked eye in the northern hemisphere,
But so is Comet Lemmon, the ultra-toxic poison Cyanide comet.
Then Comet Ison will be whipping around the Sun and will appear to be coming out of the top of the Sun @ Christmas day this year, it will be followed by Comet Enke about 7 days later,anything could happen,and it probably will.

[link to www.youtube.com]

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35009456

Hey Anonymous!
I don't know if you have room for those of us on GLP
who post some threads based on "intuition"--but I'm
on the same page with you on this "COVER-UP" situation.
It has me very concerned.
I ran this thread (and still have it up now and then)
starting 10 days BEFORE the Russian meteor explosion.
Partly intution and partly a date-code I found in a
popular movie on a fictional meteor-hit, I pretty much
predicted that there would be somekind of "event"
regarding 2012-DA14 (I called it "Beiderman") on
the 15th. I had NOT seen anything on the news *(I
don't own a TV) nor articles in the paper--no papers
here in the mts.) I was, frankly, surprised myself.

This was my thread--and I hope that folks don't get
all relaxed after the Russian deal, because there is
obviously MORE on the way. Thanks for posting your thread.
Really good job!
Thread: 2012-DA14 "Beiderman Fragment" IMPACTS Russia--THIS IS FAR FROM OVER! Cover-up? (Page 15)
Cheers!
SK

hf
RTS
United States
02/24/2013 03:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

OUCH!!

Red Karma

tell you what..

how does that sound?

:trollspray:

Good lord, you're dense. I just signed fresh karma showing that the previously received karma wasn't from me. Clearly I'm not the only one who thinks you're a liar.

soo..

through out this conversation you're saying that you are the only one to give me POSITIVE karma?

I'm sorry, but I went through the same BS with Scumpy.

You are sitting in SHILL CENTRAL (probably some division of the US Cyber Command) and you or you C.O. orders RED KARMA for the dissenter while you PRETEND to be the oblivious 'good guy'.

HA

you don't fool me
#Geomagnetic_Storm#

User ID: 1497928
United States
02/24/2013 03:37 AM

Report Abusive Post

trollspray

soo..

through out this conversation you're saying that you are the only one to give me POSITIVE karma?

You are sitting in SHILL CENTRAL (probably some division of the US Cyber Command) and you or you C.O. orders RED KARMA for the dissenter while you PRETEND to be the oblivious 'good guy'.

HA

you don't fool me

Damn you are annoying as dog shit!!!
Geoshill

Link to my Gaming Channel….
[link to m.youtube.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32412853
United States
02/24/2013 03:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
re: Huge Media Cover-up

bsflag
freedomain

User ID: 23423659
United Kingdom
02/24/2013 03:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Dr. AstroModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 4211721
United States
02/24/2013 03:46 AM

Report Abusive Post

trollspray

soo..

HA

you don't fool me

Oh right, it's some grand conspiracy out to get you. I didn't leave you the red karma, I didn't ask anyone to leave the red karma, I had nothing to do with nor am I sitting in "shill central."

Speaking of dog shit.
dogshit
You're delusional AND paranoid. I have nothing more to say to you.

Last Edited by Astromut on 02/24/2013 03:47 AM
astrobanner2
RTS
United States
02/24/2013 03:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

soo..

HA

you don't fool me

Oh right, it's some grand conspiracy out to get you. I didn't leave you the red karma, I didn't ask anyone to leave the red karma, I had nothing to do with nor am I sitting in "shill central."

Speaking of dog shit.
:dogshit:

bs.

you actually ADMITTED that you were WRONG on that other thread and neither you, nor any of your sycophant comrades will admit it.

you and you ilk are trying WAY too hard.
#Geomagnetic_Storm#

User ID: 1497928
United States
02/24/2013 03:52 AM

Report Abusive Post

soo..

HA

you don't fool me

Speaking of dog shit.
dogshit

bs.

you actually ADMITTED that you were WRONG on that other thread and neither you, nor any of your sycophant comrades will admit it.

I gave you the red

biden laughing5a
Geoshill

Link to my Gaming Channel….
[link to m.youtube.com (secure)]
BoxerLvr

User ID: 885750
Puerto Rico
02/24/2013 04:07 AM
Report Abusive Post

soo..

HA

you don't fool me

Speaking of dog shit.
dogshit

bs.

I gave you the red

biden laughing5a
 Quoting: #Geomagnetic_Storm#

I gave it to him first! LMAO.

Seems like every time I give someone red, Astro gets blamed for it. Sorry Astro!
It is precisely because it is fashionable for Americans to know no science, even though they may be well educated otherwise, that they so easily fall prey to nonsense. They thus become part of the armies of the night, the purveyors of nitwittery, the retailers of intellectual junk food, the feeders on mental cardboard, for their ignorance keeps them from distinguishing nectar from sewage. — Isaac Asimov
BloodyT3CH

User ID: 2148885
Lithuania
02/24/2013 04:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Comet C/2011 L4 (PANSTARRS) February 23, 2013 @ Te Anau, New Zealand [link to spaceweather.com]
Religion is the biggest joke i've ever seen

- ME
Rockarchy

User ID: 33101743
United States
02/24/2013 04:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

soo..

HA

you don't fool me

Speaking of dog shit.
dogshit

bs.

Who cares about karma this much to begin with anyway?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35059449
India
02/24/2013 04:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
May be this prophetic message given on June 5th, 2011
linked with this 4 comets this year 2013????

Two comets will collide, My cross will appear in a red sky

[link to www.thewarningsecondcoming.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 788508
Spain
02/24/2013 06:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm a little new to astronomical phenomena: could someone be kind enough to explain to ,e why pele are freaking out over these comets? They're just going to be bright flashes in the sky, in my extremely unexpert oppinion. Tell me why I may be wrong, please!
 Quoting: Alisaria

For those like me who are not freaking out, love star gazing and solar activity.

For others, it might be a bleed over from ancient times when comets were a bad omen, a harbinger of death and destruction.
 Quoting: whiteangel

The op said something about ison being toxic... Why would that be a problem if hes just passing by?

Halley's comet was "toxic" and we flew right through the "toxic tail" in 1910. Guess what happened? Nothing.

Did you know that they believe first cases of the "spanish influenza" probably started in late 1910, but because microbiology was only just begining to be understood, those cases were overlooked..and not until after ww1 didnt become global till 1918-1919..just sayin'.
notinfallible

User ID: 34340228
United States
02/24/2013 06:11 AM

Report Abusive Post
I'm a little new to astronomical phenomena: could someone be kind enough to explain to ,e why pele are freaking out over these comets? They're just going to be bright flashes in the sky, in my extremely unexpert oppinion. Tell me why I may be wrong, please!

For those like me who are not freaking out, love star gazing and solar activity.

For others, it might be a bleed over from ancient times when comets were a bad omen, a harbinger of death and destruction.
 Quoting: whiteangel

The op said something about ison being toxic... Why would that be a problem if hes just passing by?

Halley's comet was "toxic" and we flew right through the "toxic tail" in 1910. Guess what happened? Nothing.

Actually, the toxic trail may have impaired our ability to be human.
Brawndo's got electrolytes.
LEKKER

User ID: 34381195
South Africa
02/24/2013 06:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
:fghjfgjgj:
 Quoting: Z-Punk

You have a gift for propaganda.

:lgjklghjlhjl:
 Quoting: Z-Punk

Love it!
I LOVE CATS AND SOME PEOPLE.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34655569
United States
02/24/2013 06:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Did we have four comets in one year before? I'm 55 and didn't hear something like this but I may be wrong of course, I'm not an astro guy.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 34930653

Um, NO.

I don't think there have ever been for visible comets in one year in history. Ever.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34655569
United States
02/24/2013 06:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why would anyone give anyone red karma on this thread? Red karma should be saved for real assholes. I like this thread, before all the nonsense started. I only gave bad karm a very few times, for really evil people. Maybe you should all knock off the Karma shit and spend more time creatively participating in a thread.
John Footpenis
User ID: 21161999
United States
02/24/2013 06:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
By [link to www.calsky.com] there are about 139 Comets in the nightsky at my location....Grant it you cant see em without an HST or a ground based telescope as big as your house. On a perfect night with the right equipment a 8" GBT can get around 13 0r 14 max magnitude. The Dr. is the man on this so if I messed up any please correct it Astro.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29759371
Australia
02/24/2013 07:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Few people have realized that Comet Panstarrs is about to become visible to the naked eye in the northern hemisphere,
But so is Comet Lemmon, the ultra-toxic poison Cyanide comet.
Then Comet Ison will be whipping around the Sun and will appear to be coming out of the top of the Sun @ Christmas day this year, it will be followed by Comet Enke about 7 days later,anything could happen,and it probably will.

There are posts about these comets all over the internet on sites that reach out to the astronomy audience. It's not even really newsworthy at all.. Panstarrs should pass more than 160,000,000 km by Earth and Lemmon about 110,000,000 km by Earth. Can't we just wait 8 months for all the comet Ison doom threads? It's going to be brighter than the moon and visible for a few months apparently. uhoh
Hulk Hogan Leg Drop

User ID: 30178685
United States
02/24/2013 08:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ok well one way to look at it is we should have some interesting meteor showers in the future..two of the comets being new ones..Lemmon and Ison..that means two more debris clouds Earth gets to eventually go through... or is Pannstarrs new also? If so, that makes three.
 Quoting: PolarPrecursor

I think we go through the tail of Lemmon around August.
It is very unlikely that it is toxic in anyway.
However, the world is getting Very Weird and anything could happen?
So I will speculate a little more, here it is......
The tail of Lemmon sweeps across the Earth and is far richer in deadly Cyanide than the Science community predicted.
As the Earth meets the Tail of the Comet a Green grey cloud falls to the East of Baghdad and extends northwards,East of Moscow and South, covering India and Pakistan and many places to the East, Quickly dissipating, the toxic cloud poisons one fourth of the Planet in a North to South strip,engaging the sufferance of a multitude.Rolling quietly towards the East as the plane turns through that day.
Drought and famine take more than poison.
A Strictly speculative scenario, do with it what you will.
Laugh if you like.

Our magnetic field is much different now than it was in 1910. As for speculation, that is all even the experts are doing. No two of these encounters are precisely the same. Based on similarities, the odds of a similar result may be high, but not with 100% certainty.

With our solar system plowing through the galaxy at about a million miles a day, there is more unknown than known. Especially since no one was around the last time we passed through the part of the Milky Way we are entering now.
 Quoting: Major Jim

What part of the milky way we entering now? Our solar system is moving but so is the whole galaxy along with it.
Solar Guardian

User ID: 35067805
Malaysia
02/24/2013 08:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Astromutt, I will be here to read comments from you here on GLP in the 22nd of May 2013, and see whether would you still have the same level of composure then as you have now......chucklechuckle
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33736277
United States
02/24/2013 09:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm sorry, I missed the part where there was a media cover-up?

Well the media covered up the fact that ISON's nucleus is bigger than Earth in diameter..... hidinghiding
 Quoting: Solar Guardian

Really?.,,Wow
 Quoting: Settle4It

No. ISON's physical nucleus is nowhere near the size of the earth.

Thanks Astro!!...I was a little worried...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34319562
Spain
02/24/2013 09:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why would anyone give anyone red karma on this thread? Red karma should be saved for real assholes. I like this thread, before all the nonsense started. I only gave bad karm a very few times, for really evil people. Maybe you should all knock off the Karma shit and spend more time creatively participating in a thread.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 34655569

Because it is an important thread, and the shills, specially Astro , want to derail it, that is why.
Hydra

User ID: 17647773
Germany
02/24/2013 10:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
After reading through 13 pages there remains one question:

Where do you draw the line for the four comets?

Comets visible by the naked eye in 2013?
With Mag 7 2P/Encke is not a naked eye object.
This reduces the comets to three (and also the Horsemen).

Comets visible in amateur telescopes?
Then you can add 30 something to the list.
(Significantly increasing the number of Horsemen).

Or do you draw the line at Mag 7?
Then you have to add one more: C/2012 T5 (Bressi). Right now it is at Mag 7.
Increasing the number of comets to five (didn't know that ther is a fifth Horsman hidden in the Bible).

This leads to the conclusion, that again the data are cherry picked until they fit into the beliefs of the doomtards.

For the Lomon-tail-tards: How about hiring a submarine to evade the poisionous tail?
And I'm looking forward to see the comet-tail-tards freaking out in 2014.

:ase26122019:
Annular Solar Eclipse - December 26, 2019 - Kannur, Kerala, India
phoomp

User ID: 34814167
Canada
02/24/2013 10:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Like it or not, not one of the "sources" you linked to is reliable. And weren't you just talking about "non-sequitors" a few posts back? LOL!

Your first "source" ( [link to www.skyandtelescope.com] provides absolutely no directional data on the Chelyabinsk "meteor". All it does is provide unsubstantiated, undocumented assertions from shills like Peter Brown (University of Western Ontario, Canada), who blindly asserts that, "This is not related to 2012 DA14. This is perhaps the most certain aspect of the entire event." Utter bullshit, Pete.

Your second "source" ( [link to www.spacedaily.com] is equally worthless. All it provides is the entry angle and the entry speed. Says nothing about the entry direction.

You video sources are a joke. They provide no source for the data that appears in the animation. If they in any way relied on your first two "sources" then they are an even bigger joke.

Thanks for trying.
 Quoting: LunaHominem

Where is the reliable source data proving that the Chelyabinsk meteor came from 2012 DA14? You've set a pretty high bar here by claiming that Peter Brown's data is unsubstantiated and undocumented.

GLP