Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,343 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 251,136
Pageviews Today: 410,371Threads Today: 128Posts Today: 2,353
05:57 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

4 Comets now!!!! WTF? Panstarrs,Lemmon,Ison,Enke.Huge Media Cover-up.

phoomp

User ID: 34814167
Canada
02/23/2013 08:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: 4 Comets now!!!! WTF? Panstarrs,Lemmon,Ison,Enke.Huge Media Cover-up.
Dr. Astro said 1012 DA14 will not hit Earth 1250 wounded and 50 atomic bomb attack
grumpy2
 Quoting: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2012 DA14 didn't hit Earth.
phoomp

Canada
02/23/2013 09:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Chernobyl is a Ukrainian name for mugwort which is a species of artemesia (known as common wormwood).

Chronos=Pale

Chernobyl...Cherno...Chernos...Chronos...Hmm
 Quoting: 4Cn

This game is fun!

Chernobyl...Cherno...Chernos...Chronos...Chrome...
Dr. AstroModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 4211721
United States
02/23/2013 09:01 PM

Report Abusive Post

Halley's comet was "toxic" and we flew right through the "toxic tail" in 1910. Guess what happened? Nothing.
 Quoting: Dr. Astro

We do not know that..
 Quoting: Ohio Lovely

Yes we do, stop the fear mongering.

I am not fear mongering, I just not so sure of myself, I guess as others.
 Quoting: Ohio Lovely

Well that's your problem. We do know. Halley's comet didn't cause cyanide poisoning. Drop the fear mongering.
[link to www.guardian.co.uk]

Last Edited by Astromut on 02/23/2013 09:02 PM
astrobanner2
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

User ID: 35027858
Croatia
02/23/2013 09:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Dr. Astro said 1012 DA14 will not hit Earth 1250 wounded and 50 atomic bomb attack
grumpy2

Quoting: phoomp

2012 DA14 /2 hit Earth.
huffy
Handle
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29759371
Australia
02/23/2013 09:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lol I have yet to see a comet that is meant to pass within half an AU of Earth. How is it meant to be mainstream media newsworthy? Barely a 'cover up'
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 58326
South Korea
02/23/2013 09:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
The 4 Horsemen sounds like a good analogy...

4 horsemen of the apocalypse

White Horse...
I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

Red Horse...
Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.

Black Horse...
I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

Pale Horse...
I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine, and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

The "White Horse" has special mythological connections...

White horses (which are rarer than other colours of horse) have a special significance in the mythologies of cultures around the world. They are often associated with the sun chariot,[1] with warrior-heroes, with fertility (in both mare and stallion manifestations), or with an end-of-time saviour, but other interpretations exist as well.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Waterbug

User ID: 34388912
United States
02/23/2013 09:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
4 comets...?

Pfffft.

No worries...

yes

The Oort Cloud probably contains 0.1 to 2 trillion icy bodies in solar orbit. Occasionally, giant molecular clouds, stars passing nearby, or tidal interactions with the Milky Way's disc disturb the orbits of some of these bodies in the outer region of the Oort Cloud, causing the object to fall into the inner solar system as a so-called long-period comet. These comets have very large, eccentric orbits and take thousands of years to circle the sun. In recorded history, they are observed in the inner solar system only once.

In contrast, short-period comets take less than 200 years to orbit the sun and they travel approximately in the plane in which most of the planets orbit. They are presumed to come from a disc-shaped region beyond Neptune called the Kuiper Belt, named for astronomer Gerard Kuiper. The objects in the Oort Cloud and in the Kuiper Belt are presumed to be remnants from the formation of the solar system about 4.6 billion years ago.

The Kuiper Belt extends from about 30 to 55 AU and is probably populated with hundreds of thousands of icy bodies larger than 100 km (62 miles) across and an estimated trillion or more comets.

[link to solarsystem.nasa.gov]
Dr. AstroModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
02/23/2013 09:07 PM

Report Abusive Post
grumpy2

2012 DA14 /2 hit Earth.
huffy

No, it did not, which is why I was able to take this picture of it 8 hours after the meteor hit russia:
[link to i319.photobucket.com]
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 35009456
United States
02/23/2013 09:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
... any candidate for Seal 6 Revelation events? ...
 Quoting: Wisconsin

There are four events described in the breaking of the Sixth Seal:

1. A violent earthquake

2. The sun turning "black as sackcloth" and the moon turning "red as blood".

3. The stars of the sky falling.

4. And the sky disappearing "like a scroll and rolling up".

The first three events could be explained as events associated with some natural cause.

But the fourth event is clearly some sort of strictly supernatural public manifestation of God prior to the Second Coming. This is evident from the fact that the sky disappearing and "rolling up". The sky represents matter. When matter (say a piece of wood or paper) is split in two, what fills the space? Answer: air or "the sky" if you like. But when "the sky" (Matter)disappears and is "rolled up" what fills it's place? Answer: the Spirit.

Now, notice the response of the people to the breaking of the Sixth Seal: they desire to hide "in caves and among the rocks" and implore the mountains to "fall on them" killing them. Why? because they covet death at that point more than living and being exposed to the visible presence of "the One who sits on the throne and from the anger of the Lamb". There is another place in Scripture where we find people "hiding" from God's presence: in the Garden of Eden where Adam and Eve become embarrassed after the Fall and wish to hide from God.

So, clearly, the breaking of the Sixth Seal describes some sort of visible, supernatural manifestation of God's Holy Presence that causes people to see their sinful selves and makes them ashamed and afraid.
 Quoting: LunaHominem

Will this help you any?

[link to www.bibledefended.com]
Zombietard

User ID: 34914312
Argentina
02/23/2013 09:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - four comets damned
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
Report Abusive Post
4 comets...?

Pfffft.

No worries...

:yes:

The Oort Cloud probably contains 0.1 to 2 trillion icy bodies in solar orbit. Occasionally, giant molecular clouds, stars passing nearby, or tidal interactions with the Milky Way's disc disturb the orbits of some of these bodies in the outer region of the Oort Cloud, causing the object to fall into the inner solar system as a so-called long-period comet. These comets have very large, eccentric orbits and take thousands of years to circle the sun. In recorded history, they are observed in the inner solar system only once.

In contrast, short-period comets take less than 200 years to orbit the sun and they travel approximately in the plane in which most of the planets orbit. They are presumed to come from a disc-shaped region beyond Neptune called the Kuiper Belt, named for astronomer Gerard Kuiper. The objects in the Oort Cloud and in the Kuiper Belt are presumed to be remnants from the formation of the solar system about 4.6 billion years ago.

The Kuiper Belt extends from about 30 to 55 AU and is probably populated with hundreds of thousands of icy bodies larger than 100 km (62 miles) across and an estimated trillion or more comets.

Quoting: Waterbug

4 Comets,Pffft no worries.?
These 4 Comets are coming into our solar system,this year,are you aware that everyone with half a brain knows that the Universe is full of flying rocks?
So what has that got to do with the 4 Comets coming to this solar system this year,rocket scientist guy?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35005461
Ireland
Report Abusive Post
Hammer Fall all over again...
 Quoting: Aquarius58

Lucifer's Hammer is a post-apocalyptic science fiction novel by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, first published in 1977.

Political lobbying by California Senator Arthur Jellison eventually gets a joint Apollo-Soyuz (docking with the second flight-worthy Skylab) mission into space to study the comet, dubbed "The Hammer" by popular media, which is expected to pass close to the Earth. Despite assurances by the scientific community that a collision with Earth is extremely unlikely, the public, fueled with religious fervor by the evangelist Henry Armitage, begins to hoard food and supplies in anticipation.

Eventually, to the shock of scientists at JPL in Pasadena, who could not track the trajectory accurately enough because of the comet's constant outgassing, the Hammer does fall, breaking up into several smaller comets that impact around the world with devastating results, striking parts of Europe, Africa, the Gulf of Mexico, and both the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.

The strikes trigger several volcanoes and earthquakes around the world, including the San Andreas fault, heavily damaging the Southern California region and the rest of California, causing millions of casualties. Several of the fragments land in the ocean, causing further damage by the resulting tsunamis (which destroy several major coastal cities around the world, including Los Angeles, killing millions) and long-term climate problems due to the massive quantities of vaporized seawater.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Remote controlled/satellite guided asteroids and now remote controlled/satellite guided comets?

Lasso My Comet: NASA Developing Comet Harpoon to Collect Data

[link to www.ibtimes.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35018504
United States
02/23/2013 09:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Any of them projected to get closer than 0.0001 AU?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32129936

No. Here is a list of all objects (all of them are asteroids, incidentally) set to come closer than .001 AU (none are set to come as close as 0.0001 AU) for the next 33 years, followed by the Julian Day and then the date of close approach:
(99942) Apophis 2462240.40 2029 Apr. 13.90
2012 DA14 2456339.31 2013 Feb. 15.81
2010 FD 2464027.51 2034 Mar. 6.01
2012 UE34 2466617.63 2041 Apr. 8.13

I think that following the "cosmic coincidence" that NASA failed to detect on February 15, we can throw most of their data right out the window.

Now, NASA is saying that the Russian "meteor" was 1,000 times larger than previously thought. Thread: Russian Meteorite 1000 times larger than originally thought

What a joke!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34926236
Australia
02/23/2013 09:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
These four are nothing to worry about.

The giant Comet Aphophis' trajectory in 2036 however...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30702047
Australia
02/23/2013 09:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
grumpy2

2012 DA14 /2 hit Earth.
huffy

No, it did not, which is why I was able to take this picture of it 8 hours after the meteor hit russia:

You remind me of Buzz Killington from Family Guy. I am in absolute awe of your greatness and want to be just like you when I grow up. Do you knock the end of it in front of a mirror?
Waterbug

United States
02/23/2013 09:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
4 comets...?

Pfffft.

No worries...

yes

These 4 Comets are coming into our solar system,this year,are you aware that everyone with half a brain knows that the Universe is full of flying rocks?
So what has that got to do with the 4 Comets coming to this solar system this year,rocket scientist guy?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35009456

...sarcasm...

Did you see what I bolded, dude.. or dudette..?

wha
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/23/2013 09:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Chernobyl is a Ukrainian name for mugwort which is a species of artemesia (known as common wormwood).

Chronos=Pale

Chernobyl...Cherno...Chernos...Chronos...Hmm
 Quoting: 4Cn

This game is fun!

Chernobyl...Cherno...Chernos...Chronos...Chrome...

Is Chelyabinsk the next word? What did I win?
I want a teddy bear.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24289757
United States
02/23/2013 09:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Coments or Meteors???
Waterbug

United States
02/23/2013 09:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Coments or Meteors???
 Quoting: SoutherBella

Asteroids, comets, meteors...

'A Rose by any other name...'
e.Y.e

User ID: 2327773
United States
02/23/2013 09:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
One, Two, Comets coming for you!
Three, Four, get away from the shore.
Five, Six, grab a boom stick.
Seven, Eight, gonna stay-up late.
Nine, Ten, gonna do it all again.
 Quoting: TastyThoughts

I understand everything but what is a boom stick?

Much much appreciated.
Waterbug

United States
02/23/2013 09:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
One, Two, Comets coming for you!
Three, Four, get away from the shore.
Five, Six, grab a boom stick.
Seven, Eight, gonna stay-up late.
Nine, Ten, gonna do it all again.
 Quoting: TastyThoughts

I understand everything but what is a boom stick?

Much much appreciated.
 Quoting: e.Y.e

shotgun
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/23/2013 09:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
4 comets...?

Pfffft.

No worries...

:yes:

...sarcasm...

:wha:

Yeah, so what is your point? space is full of stuff.
You should call NASA and tell them your space is full of stuff theory,they will probably give you a high paying job, the benefits are amazing I hear.
Space has lumpy bits theory, that is groundbreaking observational science,well done,i will try to let the Nobel prize people know about your work.
This is how I got Barry his job.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

User ID: 35027858
Croatia
02/23/2013 09:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

2012 DA14 /2 hit Earth.
huffy

You remind me of Buzz Killington from Family Guy. I am in absolute awe of your greatness and want to be just like you when I grow up. Do you knock the end of it in front of a mirror?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30702047

2012 DA14 had four small meteorites (4 King) ... Ison Comet has 12 friends accompanied by a meteorite ... (12 disciples / apostles)

huffy
Handle
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34046798
United States
02/23/2013 09:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Please don't lick the windows.

lol 'lick the windows'???

huh
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

Op called you a window licker aka " retard" but I dont see why.... You didnt do anything?!
 Quoting: J&V

Puzzle not.

This is clearly a case of hearing a pithy phrase somewhere then applying it where it doesn't quite fit in order to appear cooler in some way.

As all can see .. *kof*.
Dr. AstroModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
02/23/2013 09:35 PM

Report Abusive Post
Any of them projected to get closer than 0.0001 AU?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32129936

No. Here is a list of all objects (all of them are asteroids, incidentally) set to come closer than .001 AU (none are set to come as close as 0.0001 AU) for the next 33 years, followed by the Julian Day and then the date of close approach:
(99942) Apophis 2462240.40 2029 Apr. 13.90
2012 DA14 2456339.31 2013 Feb. 15.81
2010 FD 2464027.51 2034 Mar. 6.01
2012 UE34 2466617.63 2041 Apr. 8.13

I think that following the "cosmic coincidence" that NASA failed to detect on February 15, we can throw most of their data right out the window.

Only if you're an idiot.

NASA never claimed to know where every object is, but to throw their data out the window for that reason is pure stupidity.
astrobanner2
Dr. AstroModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
02/23/2013 09:37 PM

Report Abusive Post

2012 DA14 /2 hit Earth.
huffy

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30702047

2012 DA14 had four small meteorites (4 King) ... Ison Comet has 12 friends accompanied by a meteorite ... (12 disciples / apostles)

huffy

2012 DA14 was a single object. As for ISON, where are the "12 friends?"

astrobanner2
Waterbug

United States
02/23/2013 09:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
4 comets...?

Pfffft.

No worries...

yes

...sarcasm...

wha

Yeah, so what is your point? space is full of stuff.
You should call NASA and tell them your space is full of stuff theory,they will probably give you a high paying job, the benefits are amazing I hear.
Space has lumpy bits theory, that is groundbreaking observational science,well done,i will try to let the Nobel prize people know about your work.
This is how I got Barry his job.

OK... you win...

award
Dr. AstroModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
02/23/2013 09:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
Now, NASA is saying that the Russian "meteor" was 1,000 times larger than previously thought. Thread: Russian Meteorite 1000 times larger than originally thought

By the way dumbass, NASA never said it was 1000 times less than 10,000 tons.
astrobanner2
phoomp

Canada
02/23/2013 09:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

huffy

Source?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/23/2013 09:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lol I have yet to see a comet that is meant to pass within half an AU of Earth. How is it meant to be mainstream media newsworthy? Barely a 'cover up'
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29759371

A Comet? 4 Comets at least are being discussed in this thread and the distance from the Earth is not really relevant.
yjj .

GLP