Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,115 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 515,945
Pageviews Today: 886,920Threads Today: 391Posts Today: 6,091
11:17 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Sandy Hook - Can Anyone Pinpoint the Precise Location of Lauren Rousseau's Car?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17586504
United States
02/23/2013 05:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Sandy Hook - Can Anyone Pinpoint the Precise Location of Lauren Rousseau's Car?
Can anyone point out to me the precise location of Lauren Rousseau's car on the day of the shooting? Are there any photographs that provide enough background imagery to allow the car's precise position to be fixed on the parking lot? I have consulted the video entitled, "Lauren Rousseau's Car Riddled With Bullet Holes in Sandy Hook Parking Lot" on YouTube, but find I am unable to reconcile the limited background relief in that video with the aerial photos of the scene. Does anyone have any photo/video resources that would allow a determination of the car's precise location?
Fred
User ID: 19517346
United States
02/23/2013 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Sandy Hook - Can Anyone Pinpoint the Precise Location of Lauren Rousseau's Car?
Can anyone point out to me the precise location of Lauren Rousseau's car on the day of the shooting? Are there any photographs that provide enough background imagery to allow the car's precise position to be fixed on the parking lot? I have consulted the video entitled, "Lauren Rousseau's Car Riddled With Bullet Holes in Sandy Hook Parking Lot" on YouTube, but find I am unable to reconcile the limited background relief in that video with the aerial photos of the scene. Does anyone have any photo/video resources that would allow a determination of the car's precise location?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17586504

yes..
[link to incogman.net]

and there is threads here...
Fred
United States
02/23/2013 06:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Sandy Hook - Can Anyone Pinpoint the Precise Location of Lauren Rousseau's Car?
Thread: Lauren Rousseau's Car Riddled With Bullet Holes In Sandy Hook Parking Lot

here
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/23/2013 08:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

yes..
[link to incogman.net]

Quoting: Fred 19517346

Thank you for that, Fred. Now, if that Lauren Rousseau's car, it obviously could not have taken those rounds fired by a shooter in the positions that the authorities purport (since other cars in specific proximity would prevent it), and the car was moved before her father was allowed to reclaim it. The background detail of the video showing the car awaiting her father in the school parking lot cannot be reconciled with the position indicated in the aerial photo at the link you provided. Does anyone know when or to where the car was moved before it was released to her father?
Fred
United States
02/23/2013 09:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

yes..
[link to incogman.net]

Thank you for that, Fred. Now, if that Lauren Rousseau's car, it obviously could not have taken those rounds fired by a shooter in the positions that the authorities purport (since other cars in specific proximity would prevent it), and the car was moved before her father was allowed to reclaim it. The background detail of the video showing the car awaiting her father in the school parking lot cannot be reconciled with the position indicated in the aerial photo at the link you provided. Does anyone know when or to where the car was moved before it was released to her father?

in the early aerial photos or videos, you could see that the cars were not moved.

but i dont think "official" really spoke about the Rousseau car.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/23/2013 09:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

yes..
[link to incogman.net]

in the early aerial photos or videos, you could see that the cars were not moved.

but i dont think "official" really spoke about the Rousseau car.

I am assuming that the image in the aerial photo is accurate, and depicts the location of the car purported to be Rousseau's as it was positioned that day. But clearly, that is not the position in which Rousseau's father was supposedly allowed to reclaim it. If the same car is depicted both in the aerial photo and the footage associated with her father taking possession of the vehicle, it has obviously been relocated. I am trying to determine where the car was during the interval between the time of the shooting and its release to her father. Can anyone help?
Fred
United States
02/23/2013 09:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am assuming that the image in the aerial photo is accurate, and depicts the location of the car purported to be Rousseau's as it was positioned that day. But clearly, that is not the position in which Rousseau's father was supposedly allowed to reclaim it. If the same car is depicted both in the aerial photo and the footage associated with her father taking possession of the vehicle, it has obviously been relocated. I am trying to determine where the car was during the interval between the time of the shooting and its release to her father. Can anyone help?

could you give link to pix or video you are talking about with the father?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/23/2013 10:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Sure, the video is actually linked in the thread you mentioned earlier:

[link to www.youtube.com]

The full CBC report may be found here:

[link to www.cbc.ca] (click the first video link on the page).
Fred
United States
02/23/2013 10:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

CBC was interviewing father at his home and say "her car is now with her dad". i presume they record this at father place.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/23/2013 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

CBC was interviewing father at his home and say "her car is now with her dad". i presume they record this at father place.

The CBC piece shows footage of the car parked in a diffrent parking lot, or at least in a position other than the one in which it was photographed at the school. If your explanation is that the father had it moved to a different parking lot, then I am curious to know why we have no mention or images of the car having bullet holes in it before then (specifically, when it was at the school). Do you know when the car was released to the father, and to where he had the car transported?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/23/2013 10:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

Sure, the video is actually linked in the thread you mentioned earlier:

Ooops...the first link is incorrect. The video may be found here:

Fred
United States
02/23/2013 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
The CBC piece shows footage of the car parked in a diffrent parking lot, or at least in a position other than the one in which it was photographed at the school. If your explanation is that the father had it moved to a different parking lot, then I am curious to know why we have no mention or images of the car having bullet holes in it before then (specifically, when it was at the school). Do you know when the car was released to the father, and to where he had the car transported?

oh.. i think it doesnt exist pictures of Rousseau car in the parking lot of Sandy Hook school.

They never let a photographer so near....

if you find some.. i would be curious too
Stickywicket

User ID: 33865391
Canada
02/23/2013 11:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
A few problems with this story:

1. As far as I know, we haven't seen any evidence of bullet holes in her car from the day of the shooting. (I've seen pics of police tape around hers and maybe two other cars, but that's it)

2. No evidence of broken school windows caused by bullets shot from inside that I have seen so far.

3. Why would her dad be allowed to take possesion of the car considering that it is evidence?
Fred
United States
02/23/2013 11:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

1. As far as I know, we haven't seen any evidence of bullet holes in her car from the day of the shooting. (I've seen pics of police tape around hers and maybe two other cars, but that's it)

yes.. on one of aerial footage of the parking lot we see someone fixing police tape on a car...
i always asked myself why.
if other car received bullets too.
we dont know... no information

2. No evidence of broken school windows caused by bullets shot from inside that I have seen so far.

yes... strangely photographer never took good picture of the front side of the school. Aerial footage also.
but pictures exist and front glasses are not broken.

So Adam was able to shoot many time in classroom without broking any windows.
Specially with a rifle in semi-automatic mode...

Ok, maybe he shoots from outside in the parking lot.

3. Why would her dad be allowed to take possesion of the car considering that it is evidence?

Yes, Lt. Paul Vance is very strange in his investigation or very incompetent.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/24/2013 12:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Stickywicket

All three of your points are excellent, Stickywicket, but point #3 especially hits home with me. The CBC video is an excerpt of their network broadcast of 12/17/2012, which suggests that Mr. Rousseau had taken possession of his daughter's car within 72 hours of the shooting, and most likely within a day or two thereafter. Why on earth would the police release a shot-up vehicle to a family member so soon when it would comprise vital evidence of a shooting that took the life of its owner? It makes no sense to me. I really want to know when and under what terms the car was released to Mr. Rousseau. Further, if the commercial parking lot in which it was filmed is one to which Mr. Rousseau had it transported, then I want to know whose lot it is. If it is a commercial lot, I would like to know who owns it and what involvement the lot owner may have had with the car.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/24/2013 12:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

If so, then Sally Cox is not telling the truth. If Lanza made just "five...horrible popping noises" with his firearm before entering the school, and he squandered at least four shots by targeting Lauren Rousseau's car in the parking lot (a rather strange act, since he supposedly had never met Rousseau), then Lanza would not have been able to blast his way into the building.
Fred
United States
02/24/2013 12:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

If so, then Sally Cox is not telling the truth. If Lanza made just "five...horrible popping noises" with his firearm before entering the school, and he squandered at least four shots by targeting Lauren Rousseau's car in the parking lot (a rather strange act, since he supposedly had never met Rousseau), then Lanza would not have been able to blast his way into the building.

ohh.. i know that the witnesses stories didnt fit together.

but it happens often in real event, like car crash... often if you have 3 witnesses..you have 3 stories...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/24/2013 01:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

ohh.. i know that the witnesses stories didnt fit together.

but it happens often in real event, like car crash... often if you have 3 witnesses..you have 3 stories...

No, here we are discussing the account of *ONE* witness, and a speculation that, if correct, would inherently render that single account patently false. Also, with regard to car crashes, I have been a witness to two fatal car crashes, one of them involving a pedestrian whose disfigured body seemed to explode as it was hurled directly at my car. In both instances my recount of substantive details showed essentially no variance from that of other witnesses. If anything, the most remarkable aspect of our accounts was how uniform they all were. As an attorney, I have also found the notion of disinterested eyewitnesses telling wildly divergent tales rarely to apply to any real-life situation.

In this case, when Sally Cox stated distinctly that she heard a measured report of five popping noises, she was reporting a perception she registered in a calm, cool, and collected frame of mind. It was only later that she became alarmed, after she heard the secretary begin screaming. Even had she been flustered at the time of the original muzzle reports, one would not reasonably expect it to impact the accuracy of her statements. When one considers the fact that she was unalarmed and as cool as a cucumber at the time, it becomes obvious that we must completely abandon the canard of her testimony being altered by the stresses of the moment.

Witnesses are sometimes mistaken as to the identity of things observed, but they are rarely mistaken about the basic character of things that stand out to them and that they mark with great clarity and particularity. If you wish to state that Sally Cox had no idea of what she was observing with measured perception and particularity in a calm mind state, then fine, but then we are also warranted to reject absolutely everything else she has to say. We cannot cherry-pick here; either her most basic, deliberate, measured observations developed in a calm mental state are reliable, or they are not. If not, we are entitled to throw everything this woman says onto the rubbish heap. Likewise with every other witness to this event, and if we do that, ultimately we have nothing on which to base any assessment. If eyewitness statements may be cast aside, or reconfigured and reworked as we please, then are justified in recreating the entire body of evidence in any manner we see fit.

The effort to rationalize a series of impossible and irreconcilable contradictions on the basis of altering and recasting witnesses' accounts is worse than lazy, it is patently subjective and skewed. If you are free to paint over the canvas of eyewitness accounts as you see fit, then you truly are given a license to engage in unfettered fantasy, projection, and/or falsehood. That is no way to investigate anything, at least not with any real expectation of probative results. I submit to you that we should steel ourselves only to work with the evidence at hand, and when we find that evidence to produce impossibilities, we should look to disintegrity of account more readily than we do to rationalize everything in an attempt at harmonization. Sally Cox provided a single, measured account, one that either negates the possibility of Adam Lanza firing at Lauren Rousseau's car from outside the building, or is patently false (either deliberately so or otherwise). Period.
leonine

User ID: 12569974
United States
02/24/2013 01:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Read next post first. Car was parked in the left front corner of Sandy Hook. About 5 parking spaces on that side. Maybe 30 ft. from school. Never made sense to me why a new sub teacher gets a seniority spot on her first day. Looks like car was hit with at least three rounds. I'm guessing full metal jacket of 9mm or larger. Not .223 IMO. Not hollow point. One bullet hole was an exit hole. Was it even her car? Was it a crime scene car with shooter inside and out.(shootout) Have no links for you. Helicopter footage for location. Close up pics for holes.

Last Edited by leonine on 02/24/2013 01:56 AM
lizard king
leonine

User ID: 12569974
United States
02/24/2013 01:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Squad car parked like coming in hot. Not nice and neat, between any parking lines. Angle of squad car and hers looked like a match. Window shooter firing at squad car. Video showed angles and all. The problem here is Miss Cox. People reported she was not in CT nurse database. She also stated, in live tv interview, she was in a closet with another person till 1:15. Four hours in a closet, holding door shut. Building was swept and cleared four times. Can u say WTF?
lizard king
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/24/2013 08:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Squad car parked like coming in hot. Not nice and neat, between any parking lines. Angle of squad car and hers looked like a match. Window shooter firing at squad car. Video showed angles and all. The problem here is Miss Cox. People reported she was not in CT nurse database. She also stated, in live tv interview, she was in a closet with another person till 1:15. Four hours in a closet, holding door shut. Building was swept and cleared four times. Can u say WTF?
 Quoting: leonine

You make some good points, Leonine, but Ms. Cox actually is licensed as a nurse in CT, and has been since 1974. Her license is held under her legal name, "Sarah D. Cox"; the Connecticut ELicense database index entry shows that she practices in Newtown, and the detail view of her license information may be found here:

[link to www.elicense.ct.gov (secure)]

The remainder of your points, however, indeed compel a reasonable person to say, "WTF?" Many elements of Cox's recount make absolutely no sense, and fundamentally contravene both basic procedural requirements and the most basic aspects of statements made by a large host of others.

The facts and circumstances simply do not permit the contention that Lanza inexplicably chose to carry his arsenal of weapons and ammunition over to a vantage point where he could light up the car of an unknown substitute teacher in the parking lot (who happened, just by mere chance and coincidence, to be one of his victims inside the school) before blasting his way into the building. If Lanza were touching off multiple rounds from a Bushmaster outside the school before attempting to enter, the 911 call would have been placed well before he made his way into the offices. Interior occupants would have been well into enacting their lock-down mode, already taking defensive postures and measures. And, as ludicrous as such a contention seems, if Lanza actually did present such a conspicuous warning by playing shooting gallery in the parking lot before entering the school, then the entirety of Ms. Cox's statements may be categorically dismissed as a bunch of hooey.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/24/2013 08:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Read next post first. Car was parked in the left front corner of Sandy Hook. About 5 parking spaces on that side. Maybe 30 ft. from school. Never made sense to me why a new sub teacher gets a seniority spot on her first day. Looks like car was hit with at least three rounds. I'm guessing full metal jacket of 9mm or larger. Not .223 IMO. Not hollow point. One bullet hole was an exit hole. Was it even her car? Was it a crime scene car with shooter inside and out.(shootout) Have no links for you. Helicopter footage for location. Close up pics for holes.

Leonine, I find it interesting that you place Lauren Rousseau's car in a different position than is indicated at the link that Fred provided earlier. At the link, the caption and diagram indicates that the car was not parked in one of the "priority" spaces you describe, but toward the rear of the next row further removed from the building. I cannot discern from the photographs which view is correct, yours or his. This points up the essence of my original inquiry; does anyone know with certainty where Ms. Rousseau's car was parked on the day of the shooting?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/24/2013 08:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Leonine, I find it interesting that you place Lauren Rousseau's car in a different position than is indicated at the link that Fred provided earlier. At the link, the caption and diagram indicates that the car was not parked in one of the "priority" spaces you describe, but toward the rear of the next row further removed from the building. I cannot discern from the photographs which view is correct, yours or his. This points up the essence of my original inquiry; does anyone know with certainty where Ms. Rousseau's car was parked on the day of the shooting?

Upon closer analysis of two different aerial views, I believe that the car indicated at the location specified at Fred's link is more likely to be the one later identified as hers.
Ahatmose

User ID: 25872442
Canada
02/24/2013 09:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

Hi all here is an image of the location in the video.

[link to img820.imageshack.us]

They keep mentioning Rousseau was a substitute teacher ... but does anybody know who the full time teacher was for that classroom ... that would have been killed had they not been off ?

Fred
United States
02/24/2013 09:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

In this case, when Sally Cox stated distinctly that she heard a measured report of five popping noises, she was reporting a perception she registered in a calm, cool, and collected frame of mind.

i agree with you. i justed wanted to that sometimes honest witness could have wrong perception.

But for the Sally Cox.

when she say 5 for number of gunshots. it's in her interview just after 4 hours in closet. and she really look to have big stress.

this video is edited, there is a "strange" cut just at this moment.

and maybe in her closet, she didnt hear the shoots.
so the 5 refer to shoots done before she go in the closet.

But the "sound" problem is here!
Like Janet Vollmer who was first grade teacher, so.. not far from the shooting scene, and hear more the noise from the loudspeaker?
Ahatmose

Canada
02/24/2013 09:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hi all I thought this was a new idea but I see it was already discussed at an unmentionable place. It is the fact that Lauren Rousseau's car appears to be the same make and model AND COLOUR as Christopher Rodia's mother's car, a green Nissan. So since Rodia seems to have a somewhat shady past to put it charitably it is entirely possible that this green car was his or a friend of his was driving that one if he was driving the black Honda.

It is also entirely possible that their is more dirt to be uncovered beneath the seemingly placid exterior of the school teachers of Sandy Hook.

Also it would not be unusual for there to be bullet holes in Rodia's car given his past record.

Just a thought ...

Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/24/2013 09:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

In this case, when Sally Cox stated distinctly that she heard a measured report of five popping noises, she was reporting a perception she registered in a calm, cool, and collected frame of mind.

"...maybe in her closet, she didnt hear the shoots.
so the 5 refer to shoots done before she go in the closet."

Precisely, so we would have to account for the shots fired at/into Rousseau's car and those used to blast into the school with five shots, fired before Cox goes into the closet. This is impossible, so either no one played a game of Shooting Gallery outside the building before attempting to enter, or Cox is giving us a false recount. There is no way around that.

"But the "sound" problem is here!
Like Janet Vollmer who was first grade teacher, so.. not far from the shooting scene, and hear more the noise from the loudspeaker?"

If you are pretending that Sally Cox and everyone else in her offices would not have heard the report of a Bushmaster being touched off just outside the building *loud and clear*, or that kindergarten teacher Janet Vollmer would not have heard such reports being produced inside the building, then I am through with you. Such a notion is absolutely infantile, and if that is what you are suggesting then you are not being earnest in your discourse, but rather are pursuing a tactic of fatuous obfuscation. I have no time or patience for such foolishness.
Ahatmose

Canada
02/24/2013 09:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
State of shock

Rousseau admits the full weight of the loss may have not sunk in. He speaks candidly about his daughter's injuries, and says that he was advised by the coroner he would not be permitted to see her because of the severity of the damage.

[link to www.cbc.ca]

Now no offense but do you think I would have allowed them not to let me see my daughter ?

Fred
United States
02/24/2013 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post

"...maybe in her closet, she didnt hear the shoots.
so the 5 refer to shoots done before she go in the closet."

Precisely, so we would have to account for the shots fired at/into Rousseau's car and those used to blast into the school with five shots, fired before Cox goes into the closet. This is impossible, so either no one played a game of Shooting Gallery outside the building before attempting to enter, or Cox is giving us a false recount. There is no way around that.

"But the "sound" problem is here!
Like Janet Vollmer who was first grade teacher, so.. not far from the shooting scene, and hear more the noise from the loudspeaker?"

If you are pretending that Sally Cox and everyone else in her offices would not have heard the report of a Bushmaster being touched off just outside the building *loud and clear*, or that kindergarten teacher Janet Vollmer would not have heard such reports being produced inside the building, then I am through with you. Such a notion is absolutely infantile, and if that is what you are suggesting then you are not being earnest in your discourse, but rather are pursuing a tactic of fatuous obfuscation. I have no time or patience for such foolishness.

but i agree... even if you are very comprehensive with witnesses.. their stories didnt fit together.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/24/2013 10:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
State of shock

Rousseau admits the full weight of the loss may have not sunk in. He speaks candidly about his daughter's injuries, and says that he was advised by the coroner he would not be permitted to see her because of the severity of the damage.

[link to www.cbc.ca]

Now no offense but do you think I would have allowed them not to let me see my daughter ?

Quoting: Ahatmose

No offense taken, and you make an excellent point. Not only would no parent stand for that, but it is inconceivable that any parent would be told that.
Fred
United States
02/24/2013 10:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hi all here is an image of the location in the video.

[link to img820.imageshack.us]

They keep mentioning Rousseau was a substitute teacher ... but does anybody know who the full time teacher was for that classroom ... that would have been killed had they not been off ?

Quoting: Ahatmose

for sure this "background" on the screencap doesnt fit with the Sandy Hook parking lot.
it's why i think it's at father place.

For Rousseau, sources are according that she was substitute teacher (only 1 month ago) we could work by elimination.
we know the first grade teacher in 2010-2011. (in SHES handbook)
we know the change (in Sandy Hook connection)

we know Roig, Vollmer, Soto were there.

so maybe Vicky Kazlauskas or Lynn Monahan.

GLP