Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,117 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 607,235
Pageviews Today: 1,085,264Threads Today: 534Posts Today: 8,411
12:09 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Any supplement recommendations for mood and energy?

MissSoulSpark
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 33019152
United States
02/27/2013 12:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Any supplement recommendations for mood and energy?
There seem to be so much out there and it is hard to weed through all the claims of what they may or may not do. Does anyone here have any experience with a supplement that helps maintain a happy mood and boost in energy?

Thanks so much in advance!

hfhf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30120084
United States
02/27/2013 12:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Any supplement recommendations for mood and energy?
B-12 and or B complex. Brain Food.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35200786
Australia
02/27/2013 12:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
There seem to be so much out there and it is hard to weed through all the claims of what they may or may not do. ...
 Quoting: MissSoulSpark

Inadvertently you may have answered your own question.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31649325
Canada
02/27/2013 12:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.alive.com]
SaveUSa

User ID: 20038946
United States
02/27/2013 12:09 AM

Report Abusive Post
There seem to be so much out there and it is hard to weed through all the claims of what they may or may not do. Does anyone here have any experience with a supplement that helps maintain a happy mood and boost in energy?

hfhf

Love.
Within the surreal depths of "reality" lies the truth.
wishitwantitdoit

User ID: 18415601
United States
02/27/2013 12:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Nothing beats the Bs for energy, IMHO. I also drink a good deal of puerh tea (which is yum) for energy. It has a slight bit of caffeine, but that's not the only energy-giving substance in it.

Mood - Fermented cod liver oil, SAM-E, and 5-HTP (which is especially good to take before bedtime, and it helps you sleep through the night and wake up relaxed and happy).
MissSoulSpark  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 12:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
B-12 and or B complex. Brain Food.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30120084

Agreed.
I love the b's!
MissSoulSpark  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 12:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
There seem to be so much out there and it is hard to weed through all the claims of what they may or may not do. ...

Inadvertently you may have answered your own question.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35200786

Bwaaahahaha! Weed makes me feel incredibly stupid and sedentary though. Funny comment though!
MissSoulSpark  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 12:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31649325

VERY interesting! I will check it out for sure!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3398747
United States
02/27/2013 12:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
I swear this will take care of your energy and mood needs.

Healthforce Nutritionals Elixir of the Lake - It's a specific kind of blue-green algae that will do WONDERS for your body. I highly recommend you research that type of algae.

If that one is too expensive, then try E3Live, which is the same algae but less expensive. High quality still.

Other things to look into are certain herbs and nootropics with choline.

Piracetam and choline is a popular nootropic with lots of info, research, testimonials, and safety.

A good green superfood powder like Vitamineral Green or Tonic Alchemy will also boost your mood and energy in ways that caffeine can't compare to.

Me? I take all of the above, plus a few more herbs. I can honestly say that I have never felt better in my life. I am not tired when 2 o'clock comes around, my sleep is great, dreams are wonderful, and I don't need stimulants anymore to wake me up.

If you do need stimulants though, Yerba Mate is a great alternative to coffee.
MissSoulSpark  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 12:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

hfhf

Love.
 Quoting: SaveUSa

So true my friend. So true!
MissSoulSpark  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 12:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Nothing beats the Bs for energy, IMHO. I also drink a good deal of puerh tea (which is yum) for energy. It has a slight bit of caffeine, but that's not the only energy-giving substance in it.

Mood - Fermented cod liver oil, SAM-E, and 5-HTP (which is especially good to take before bedtime, and it helps you sleep through the night and wake up relaxed and happy).
 Quoting: wishitwantitdoit

Wow...I haven't heard of any of that stuff. Thanks so much!
Dr. Ho Doan
User ID: 34464973
United States
02/27/2013 12:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
fish oil caps

B-50(a b-complex) and extra B12(!!!!)

You can consider calcium, magnesium, & zinc if you might not be getting enough from diet.

a good multivitamin/multimineral
MissSoulSpark  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 12:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

Healthforce Nutritionals Elixir of the Lake - It's a specific kind of blue-green algae that will do WONDERS for your body. I highly recommend you research that type of algae.

If that one is too expensive, then try E3Live, which is the same algae but less expensive. High quality still.

Piracetam and choline is a popular nootropic with lots of info, research, testimonials, and safety.

A good green superfood powder like Vitamineral Green or Tonic Alchemy will also boost your mood and energy in ways that caffeine can't compare to.

Me? I take all of the above, plus a few more herbs. I can honestly say that I have never felt better in my life. I am not tired when 2 o'clock comes around, my sleep is great, dreams are wonderful, and I don't need stimulants anymore to wake me up.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3398747

Great suggestions that I have never considered. Thank you so much!

I knew that there had to be something else other than the "tangy tangerine" that seems to be pushed EVERYWHERE.
zephyr

User ID: 9728442
United States
02/27/2013 12:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Go gluten free...
Live and let live.......really
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32062218
United States
02/27/2013 12:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
5-HTP works well. Info from Wiki.

5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), also known as oxitriptan (INN), is a naturally occurring amino acid and chemical precursor as well as a metabolic intermediate in the biosynthesis of the neurotransmitters serotonin and melatonin from tryptophan.

5-HTP is sold over-the-counter in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada as a dietary supplement for use as an antidepressant, appetite suppressant, and sleep aid. 5-HTP in supplement form is typically sold in 50 mg or 100 mg gelatin or vegetarian capsules. It is usually sourced from the seeds of Griffonia simplicifolia.

5-HTP has been studied and shown to be of benefit in the following conditions: primary fibromyalgia syndrome,[15] Friedreich's ataxia,[16] depression, anxiety, binge eating associated with obesity, and insomnia.[17] There is no statistically significant difference between 5-HTP and placebo in treating chronic headaches (primary or otherwise).[18]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35200786
Australia
02/27/2013 12:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Without any doubt, benzoylmethylecgonin is the best.
Dr. Ho Doan
User ID: 34464973
United States
02/27/2013 12:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
and dont forget:

- exercise (walking/running/some form of aerobic activity and weights)
- good diet with proteins, carbs and good fats like olive oil, coconut oil, butter, nut oils
- regular and adequate sleep
- sunshine on the skin when possible, 20 mins ea time is good
MissSoulSpark  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 12:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Go gluten free...
 Quoting: zephyr

I have seriously considered this. I went raw for awhile and felt great. It eventually got too expensive. I should grow a garden this year.
MissSoulSpark  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 12:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
fish oil caps

You can consider calcium, magnesium, & zinc if you might not be getting enough from diet.

Quoting: Dr. Ho Doan 34464973

Thanks Dr Ho Doan!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33250686
United States
02/27/2013 12:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
fish oil caps

Quoting: Dr. Ho Doan 34464973

proven to work and won't break the bank
and add to this iodine--
MissSoulSpark  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 12:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Without any doubt, benzoylmethylecgonin is the best.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35200786

Heh...smart ass. *wink*
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/27/2013 12:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

I knew that there had to be something else other than the "tangy tangerine" that seems to be pushed EVERYWHERE.

LOL, yeah. The 2 superfood powders I mentioned are quite literally the BEST and most potent available. Tonic Alchemy also has the additional benefit of many medicinal mushroom and adaptogen extracts.

Healthforce Nutritionals and Dragon Herbs are two of the highest quality, highest integrity brands going right now. They can get a bit expensive, but once the effects are felt, you will consider it a great investment.

Also, if you do get a B vitamin like the others are saying, make sure to get the right type. For example, get METHYL-cobalamin B12 instead of CYANO-cobalimin B12.

I prefer getting my B vitamins naturally, but I understand this is not always possible for everyone, even me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35212515
United States
02/27/2013 12:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yohimbe, you get a little shaky coming down from it but it gives you energy, vitamin c, they also sell pre workout powder drinks, expensive but gives you energy. Do you get excersise? you could feel lack of energy because your body isn't being used, go climb a few flights of stairs, do a few sit ups. Water, drink alot of water, thats what your body really needs and wants!
MONSTER

User ID: 2122560
United States
02/27/2013 01:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
go buy a shot of fresh squeezed Wheatgrass everyday. You will feel it as soon as you drink it
KINGDOMS, NATIONS AND KINGS HAVE BEEN BROUGHT DOWN TO THEIR KNEES WITH ONE GLANCE FROM A WOMAN.

I WEAR MY SKIN OF ARMOR SO NO ONE CAN GET IN AND NO ONE CAN GET OUT.

HOW CAN I MOURN YOU, WHEN I HAVE NEVER LET YOU GO, monster 1991-2008 RIP
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1430199
United States
02/27/2013 01:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
spirulina
MissSoulSpark  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 01:11 AM
Report Abusive Post

LOL, yeah. The 2 superfood powders I mentioned are quite literally the BEST and most potent available. Tonic Alchemy also has the additional benefit of many medicinal mushroom and adaptogen extracts.

Healthforce Nutritionals and Dragon Herbs are two of the highest quality, highest integrity brands going right now. They can get a bit expensive, but once the effects are felt, you will consider it a great investment.

Also, if you do get a B vitamin like the others are saying, make sure to get the right type. For example, get METHYL-cobalamin B12 instead of CYANO-cobalimin B12.

I prefer getting my B vitamins naturally, but I understand this is not always possible for everyone, even me.

Great info! I had no clue about the b-12. I will definately keep my eye out for that. And I don't mind paying for a good superfood. I plan on grabbing one of these you suggested tonight! I haven't had time to eat very healthy lately and have paid the price for sure. Time to focus on health again.

Cheers!
MissSoulSpark  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 01:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yohimbe, you get a little shaky coming down from it but it gives you energy, vitamin c, they also sell pre workout powder drinks, expensive but gives you energy. Do you get excersise? you could feel lack of energy because your body isn't being used, go climb a few flights of stairs, do a few sit ups. Water, drink alot of water, thats what your body really needs and wants!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35212515

Never tried Yohimbe...but you are right. Being active works wonders!
MissSoulSpark  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 01:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
go buy a shot of fresh squeezed Wheatgrass everyday. You will feel it as soon as you drink it
 Quoting: MONSTER

Oh how I love wheatgrass. I get it when I can but it isn't very accessible where I live. :-)
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/27/2013 01:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

Great info! I had no clue about the b-12. I will definately keep my eye out for that. And I don't mind paying for a good superfood. I plan on grabbing one of these you suggested tonight! I haven't had time to eat very healthy lately and have paid the price for sure. Time to focus on health again.

Cheers!

I'm glad you are getting one! These products have literally changed my life, especially after partying hard, addictions to benzo's, depression, etc.

Cheers!
\\\\\\\\d3////////
User ID: 31318398
United States
02/27/2013 01:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
I can speak from personal experience after fighting cronic fybro couple with UColitis....

Added 5-htp TR 12hrs and Natural Source policosol/CQ10 formula...and my energy has returned to NORMAL for a 56 male, ready to survive ....ha ha

good luck!

GLP