Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,964 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 688,743
Pageviews Today: 1,195,036Threads Today: 385Posts Today: 7,848
12:11 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

If Charles Taze Russell was a free mason why does the Grand Lodge deny it?

DGN
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 34798113
United States
02/27/2013 02:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
If Charles Taze Russell was a free mason why does the Grand Lodge deny it?

Last Edited by DGN on 02/27/2013 05:12 PM
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: If Charles Taze Russell was a free mason why does the Grand Lodge deny it?

Quoting: DGN

Maybe the Grand Lodge didn't know it cause he was wearing a disguise?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34961394
United States
02/27/2013 05:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
your group is full of pedophiles
Nine's

User ID: 23438707
United States
02/27/2013 07:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Before I offer to sell you the ocean I own in Nebraska, can you tell me about the footnotes used in this video?

Is it a Watchtower publication by any chance?
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 07:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Before I offer to sell you the ocean I own in Nebraska, can you tell me about the footnotes used in this video?

Quoting: Nine's

No they have bigger fish to fry. I found it on Youtube. Say, uh.... how much you asking for that ocean, does it come with an island and dolphins and stuff?
beer2
Nine's

United States
02/27/2013 07:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

No they have bigger fish to fry. I found it on Youtube. Say, uh.... how much you asking for that ocean, does it come with an island and dolphins and stuff?
beer2

Yes, I imagine. Corporate takeovers are rough. Make sure you aren't one of the fish they fry. 8)

So if the footnotes aren't from one of your Corporate publications, where are they from? Doesn't do a lot of good to provide footnotes if you have nowhere to reference them.

The ocean? It's 60.00 a gallon, cuz it's miracle water but for you, I'll do a half price sale. The dolphins were disfellowshipped and sent to the ocean. They had an odd notion they were free to think for themselves and roll drowning people to shore. Truth be told, they were too good for his body of water, but don't spread that around. They weren't at all upset by their release. 8)

dlphin
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 08:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

beer2

Yes, I imagine. Corporate takeovers are rough. Make sure you aren't one of the fish they fry. 8)

So if the footnotes aren't from one of your Corporate publications, where are they from? Doesn't do a lot of good to provide footnotes if you have nowhere to reference them.

The ocean? It's 60.00 a gallon, cuz it's miracle water but for you, I'll do a half price sale. The dolphins were disfellowshipped and sent to the ocean. They had an odd notion they were free to think for themselves and roll drowning people to shore. Truth be told, they were too good for his body of water, but don't spread that around. They weren't at all upset by their release. 8)

dlphin

If they weren't supposed to think for themselves they would never have learned to swim. Helping drowning people to shore...hmmm.... sounds like a controversial, 'no good deed goes unpunished' scenario. As for that island deal... can I just post my credit card number here and buy it now cause I curious what it costs?
Nine's

United States
02/27/2013 08:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
If they weren't supposed to think for themselves they would never have learned to swim. Helping drowning people to shore...hmmm.... sounds like a controversial, 'no good deed goes unpunished' scenario. As for that island deal... can I just post my credit card number here and buy it now cause I curious what it costs?

That's not the point. They were told to stay in the deep, dark water. They went searching for light. They disobeyed their masters.

No good deed goes unpunished for sure. Like Raymond Franz. Heck of a man.

Cause you're such a good guy, I'm going to give you that ocean. A small part of it has converted to dust, but it's being worked on. So sure, just post your credit card number here. I'm sure it will be safe. I'll only use it to verify that you're who you say you are. 8)

Regarding your thread title, I don't think there's enough evidence to prove that Russell was a Mason. There is enough to prove that he was a false prophet.
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 08:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

That's not the point. They were told to stay in the deep, dark water. They went searching for light. They disobeyed their masters.

No good deed goes unpunished for sure. Like Raymond Franz. Heck of a man.

Cause you're such a good guy, I'm going to give you that ocean. A small part of it has converted to dust, but it's being worked on. So sure, just post your credit card number here. I'm sure it will be safe. I'll only use it to verify that you're who you say you are. 8)

Regarding your thread title, I don't think there's enough evidence to prove that Russell was a Mason. There is enough to prove that he was a false prophet.

Who told them to stay in dark water, and why did they listen? They should have searched for treasure like Br Russell. No wonder they drowned;

"My son, if you will receive my sayings and treasure up my own commandments with yourself, 2 so as to pay attention to wisdom with your ear, that you may incline your heart to discernment; 3 if, moreover, you call out for understanding itself and you give forth your voice for discernment itself, 4 if you keep seeking for it as for silver, and as for hid treasures you keep searching for it, 5 in that case you will understand the fear of Jehovah, and you will find the very knowledge of God. 6 For Jehovah himself gives wisdom; out of his mouth there are knowledge and discernment. 7 And for the upright ones he will treasure up practical wisdom; for those walking in integrity he is a shield, 8 by observing the paths of judgment, and he will guard the very way of his loyal ones. 9 In that case you will understand righteousness and judgment and uprightness, the entire course of what is good.
10 When wisdom enters into your heart and knowledge itself becomes pleasant to your very soul, 11 thinking ability itself will keep guard over you, discernment itself will safeguard you, 12 to deliver you from the bad way, from the man speaking perverse things, 13 from those leaving the paths of uprightness to walk in the ways of darkness, 14 from those who are rejoicing in doing bad, who are joyful in the perverse things of badness" Pr2;1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35262155
United States
02/27/2013 08:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
From wiki [link to en.wikipedia.org]

"The symbol was also featured in the early publications and memorabilia of the Bible Students. First appearing on the cover of the January 1881 issue of Zion's Watch Tower.... Charles Taze Russell's gravesite is marked by a pyramid memorial erected by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society with an illustration of the Cross and Crown symbol, the Watchtower Society later discontinued using the cross and crown some years after, viewing it as a "pagan symbol" - their doctrine for some time since is that Jesus was executed not on a cross but on an upright stake."
Nine's

United States
02/27/2013 09:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Who told them to stay in dark water, and why did they listen? They should have searched for treasure like Br Russell. No wonder they drowned;

"My son, if you will receive my sayings and treasure up my own commandments with yourself, 2 so as to pay attention to wisdom with your ear, that you may incline your heart to discernment; 3 if, moreover, you call out for understanding itself and you give forth your voice for discernment itself, 4 if you keep seeking for it as for silver, and as for hid treasures you keep searching for it, 5 in that case you will understand the fear of Jehovah, and you will find the very knowledge of God. 6 For Jehovah himself gives wisdom; out of his mouth there are knowledge and discernment. 7 And for the upright ones he will treasure up practical wisdom; for those walking in integrity he is a shield, 8 by observing the paths of judgment, and he will guard the very way of his loyal ones. 9 In that case you will understand righteousness and judgment and uprightness, the entire course of what is good.
10 When wisdom enters into your heart and knowledge itself becomes pleasant to your very soul, 11 thinking ability itself will keep guard over you, discernment itself will safeguard you, 12 to deliver you from the bad way, from the man speaking perverse things, 13 from those leaving the paths of uprightness to walk in the ways of darkness, 14 from those who are rejoicing in doing bad, who are joyful in the perverse things of badness" Pr2;1

Forgot to mention that. There's a small governing body that controls the water. Only a few of them, but they control everything. Least they think they do. The dolphins didn't listen and they didn't drown. They followed your scripture.

Yes, Russell did seem to delve into things. Too bad he didn't state things as his opinion, rather than getting info from God or the angels. Because we know they don't lie.

Never fear though, if he didn't go where false prophets go, he's probably still watching over you:

'Hence our dear Pastor, now in glory, is without doubt, manifesting a keen interest in the harvest work, and is permitted by the Lord to exercise some strong influence there (Revelation 14:17)' Watchtower, 11/1/1917, p. 325)
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 09:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Forgot to mention that. There's a small governing body that controls the water. Only a few of them, but they control everything. Least they think they do. The dolphins didn't listen and they didn't drown. They followed your scripture.

Yes, Russell did seem to delve into things. Too bad he didn't state things as his opinion, rather than getting info from God or the angels. Because we know they don't lie.

Never fear though, if he didn't go where false prophets go, he's probably still watching over you:

'Hence our dear Pastor, now in glory, is without doubt, manifesting a keen interest in the harvest work, and is permitted by the Lord to exercise some strong influence there (Revelation 14:17)' Watchtower, 11/1/1917, p. 325)

A man who stands alone amist traditional hellfire and brimstone preachers, and proclaims their lies to be blasphemy is likely to granted a very great privilege:

"“And during that time Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people. And there will certainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, every one who is found written down in the book. 2 And there will be many of those asleep in the ground of dust who will wake up, these to indefinitely lasting life and those to reproaches [and] to indefinitely lasting abhorrence.
3 “And the ones having insight will shine like the brightness of the expanse; and those who are bringing the many to righteousness, like the stars to time indefinite, even forever.
4 “And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant.” Da12
Nine's

United States
02/27/2013 09:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
A man who stands alone amist traditional hellfire and brimstone preachers, and proclaims their lies to be blasphemy is likely to granted a very great privilege:

My Bible is pretty clear on what happens to false prophets.

Not for me to judge, but I'm glad to hear it because it means any of us can make it.

Raymond Franz will certainly have an exalted position. He fought corruption, lies, and didn't substitute with another false teaching.

God knows the heart, so guess it's not up to us to say. False prophets sometimes have some words of wisdom even if they don't apply it to themselves:

"A new view of truth never can contradict a former truth. "New light" never extinguishes older "light" but adds to it." Charles Russell in Zion's Watchtower, Feb. 1881,
p.3

You know what's ironic? I started researching things after you were obviously upset and told me there'd be no rewards for me because its for people who live Godly lives, or words to that effect, when I asked someone what "new light" was.

Made me think, hmmm, why did that upset him so much. Now I know.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14392840
United States
02/27/2013 10:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

beer2

DGN, they dont want you to read his books cause he reveals truth about Yahweh and the pyramids.

In Russells books , he teachers that Jehovah was from Pleaides. That is where the Elohim came from. The star system Pleaides.

God is a alien

:elohim:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14392840
United States
02/27/2013 10:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
HEY BEAST:
1. Illuminati is a secret society
2. Secret societies will not reveal who the secret members are.

Asides from that, illuminati is a society that officially denies that it exists . in other words nobody who is a member will admit it.
 Quoting: THE SIMPLE TRUTH 35012611

Russell knew the truth. The Watchtower today dumbs its followers down. They are easier to control that way.
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 10:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

My Bible is pretty clear on what happens to false prophets.

Not for me to judge, but I'm glad to hear it because it means any of us can make it.

Raymond Franz will certainly have an exalted position. He fought corruption, lies, and didn't substitute with another false teaching.

God knows the heart, so guess it's not up to us to say. False prophets sometimes have some words of wisdom even if they don't apply it to themselves:

"A new view of truth never can contradict a former truth. "New light" never extinguishes older "light" but adds to it." Charles Russell in Zion's Watchtower, Feb. 1881,
p.3

You know what's ironic? I started researching things after you were obviously upset and told me there'd be no rewards for me because its for people who live Godly lives, or words to that effect, when I asked someone what "new light" was.

Made me think, hmmm, why did that upset him so much. Now I know.

The new light Charles Russell brought to the world is hellfire is a lie. God forgives sin when the penalty is paid at death. Many millions still endorse satanic hellfire blasphemy:
" For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin." Ro6:7
Nine's

United States
02/27/2013 10:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think you know it's not Russell I'm referring to about the "new light" and it's not what upset you enough to say what you did. Some things that are called new light are nothing more than people playing with the light switch.

As long as you know, that's good enough. Just don't see how you can be ok with it, but that's between you and God.
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 11:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think you know it's not Russell I'm referring to about the "new light" and it's not what upset you enough to say what you did. Some things that are called new light are nothing more than people playing with the light switch.

As long as you know, that's good enough. Just don't see how you can be ok with it, but that's between you and God.

When I said something like "don't assume you're approved, the kingdom is coming to save those doing the will of God" I didn't mean you personally, I was replying to everyone following which ever thread that was. It was a general expression.
I don't assume to stand approved, just trying to make something out of nothing.
hiding
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/27/2013 11:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

beer2

DGN, they dont want you to read his books cause he reveals truth about Yahweh and the pyramids.

In Russells books , he teachers that Jehovah was from Pleaides. That is where the Elohim came from. The star system Pleaides.

God is a alien

:elohim:
 Quoting: ELNATHAN APOLLYON

Faaaaarrrr out.. where is that? Please relay coordinates to my college Mr Spock, he does my interplanetary bookings. He's at Spock.theuniverse or something, anyway, it'll be close enough for Milky Way galaxy stuff.
spock

Last Edited by DGN on 02/27/2013 11:53 PM
Nine's

United States
02/27/2013 11:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

When I said something like "don't assume you're approved, the kingdom is coming to save those doing the will of God" I didn't mean you personally, I was replying to everyone following which ever thread that was. It was a general expression.
hiding

No. The tone of the conversation wasn't for everyone. You were upset. It was for me. You edited the post but it's still clear it was directed to me. It was on this thread:
Thread: Hey there Mr Nostradamus... 'inspired prophet'... how do you suppose you missed this one ?

Do not assume the end of Satan's reign of terror is coming to reward you, it isn't. It's coming to intercept nuclear genocide and save the earth, the ecosystem, and who ever does the will of God.

======================================================
Don't know what I said that indicated I was looking for a reward, but I wasn't. It's not coming to reward me, but whoever does the will of God? How do you know I don't do the will of God? yeahsure (This should also be in quotes)
==============================================

Might not have thought as much of it if, while saying you weren't directly speaking to me, you hadn't responded:

" “Then the kingdom of the heavens will become like ten virgins that took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish, and five were discreet. 3 For the foolish took their lamps but took no oil with them, 4 whereas the discreet took oil in their receptacles with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom was delaying, they all nodded and went to sleep. 6 Right in the middle of the night there arose a cry, ‘Here is the bridegroom! Be on YOUR way out to meet him.’ 7 Then all those virgins rose and put their lamps in order. 8 The foolish said to the discreet, ‘Give us some of YOUR oil, because our lamps are about to go out.’ 9 The discreet answered with the words, ‘Perhaps there may not be quite enough for us and YOU. Be on YOUR way, instead, to those who sell it and buy for yourselves.’ 10 While they were going off to buy, the bridegroom arrived, and the virgins that were ready went in with him to the marriage feast; and the door was shut. 11 Afterwards the rest of the virgins also came, saying, ‘Sir, sir, open to us!’ 12 In answer he said, ‘I tell YOU the truth, I do not know YOU.’ Mt25:21
Do you realize how much effort I invest here to prevent this?

To which I responded:

Yes I do realize.

If this verse is the answer to my question about "how do you know I don't do the will of God," it seems you think that I'm being foolish and not discreet.

If that's true, I would like to know what I've done that is foolish or indiscreet so I can correct my ways.

To which there was no reply. Only the sound of silence.

Last Edited by Nine's - IN MEMORIAM on 02/28/2013 12:00 AM
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/28/2013 12:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

hiding

No. The tone of the conversation wasn't for everyone. You were upset. It was for me. You edited the post but it's still clear it was directed to me. It was on this thread:
Thread: Hey there Mr Nostradamus... 'inspired prophet'... how do you suppose you missed this one ?

Do not assume the end of Satan's reign of terror is coming to reward you, it isn't. It's coming to intercept nuclear genocide and save the earth, the ecosystem, and who ever does the will of God.

======================================================
Don't know what I said that indicated I was looking for a reward, but I wasn't. It's not coming to reward me, but whoever does the will of God? How do you know I don't do the will of God? yeahsure (This should also be in quotes)
==============================================

Might not have thought as much of it if, while saying you weren't directly speaking to me, you hadn't responded:

" “Then the kingdom of the heavens will become like ten virgins that took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish, and five were discreet. 3 For the foolish took their lamps but took no oil with them, 4 whereas the discreet took oil in their receptacles with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom was delaying, they all nodded and went to sleep. 6 Right in the middle of the night there arose a cry, ‘Here is the bridegroom! Be on YOUR way out to meet him.’ 7 Then all those virgins rose and put their lamps in order. 8 The foolish said to the discreet, ‘Give us some of YOUR oil, because our lamps are about to go out.’ 9 The discreet answered with the words, ‘Perhaps there may not be quite enough for us and YOU. Be on YOUR way, instead, to those who sell it and buy for yourselves.’ 10 While they were going off to buy, the bridegroom arrived, and the virgins that were ready went in with him to the marriage feast; and the door was shut. 11 Afterwards the rest of the virgins also came, saying, ‘Sir, sir, open to us!’ 12 In answer he said, ‘I tell YOU the truth, I do not know YOU.’ Mt25:21
Do you realize how much effort I invest here to prevent this?

To which I responded:

Yes I do realize.

If this verse is the answer to my question about "how do you know I don't do the will of God," it seems you think that I'm being foolish and not discreet.

If that's true, I would like to know what I've done that is foolish or indiscreet so I can correct my ways.

To which there was no reply. Only the sound of silence.

Alright..............
Rv7:9-14
hf
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/28/2013 01:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Was CT Russell 'chosen' to expose the grand cash flow threat of hellfire or did he figure it out on his own?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34961394
United States
02/28/2013 01:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: The Alpha and Omega Cycle
Nine's

United States
02/28/2013 05:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Was CT Russell 'chosen' to expose the grand cash flow threat of hellfire or did he figure it out on his own?

Chosen? Guess that's debatable. Did he figure it out on his own? No. See the bolded if it's too long for you.

Mr. Russell was first of all, a businessman quite able to respond to what would sell and how to do it.

He was also a liar, a fraud, a womanizer, false prophet, and perjured himself many times. It's public record of the times he lied under oath and was caught at it. He was often in court.

The womanizing might not be 100 percent true if Mr. Russells assertions are true that it wasn't him, but fallen angels materializing as him that the women actually saw.

Anyone that spoke against him or his scams was sued. He even sued the newspaper that reported about his escapades. Rutherford, the one that took over the WT society after Russell, was his attorney at some of these court hearings.

Charles Taze Russell got many doctrinal ideas from Jonas Wendell, a Seventh Day Adventist preacher. Jonas Wendell didn't believe in a burning hell or the trinity. Mr. Wendell believed the second coming would be in 1873.

IMO it doesn't take much of a business man to notice the following this prophecy gained and after it failed, to know the seed was already planted and it could be watered to produce a following and mega money at a later date.

Russell encouraged his followers to read the book "Angels and Women." Some sources say it was Russell who personally supervised it's editing, others say it was a close friend who edited, with Russell supervising.

Regardless, the book was dictated by a "fallen angel" and was offered at a discount to Russell followers.

It was later recommended by the Watchtower Society "as shedding new light they believed and taught that Jehovah was a being who eternally existed in the time and space of this universe. This place was the Pleiades star system. From there Jehovah sent his angels to earth."

Only fair to add that it was at a time when they thought that "some" fallen angels were "honest".

Chosen? If he was, the question should be, "by whom".

Was going to post a video but decided against it. Just type Angels and Women into the you tube search bar. The video is at the top and is 3 min. 14 seconds.
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/28/2013 08:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

Was he chosen to revive the global invitation to Jehovah's kingdom or did he do it on his own strength? Click the 3rd link below for a clue.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16233724
United States
03/05/2013 11:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

The better question is: If Charles Taze Russell was a free mason, why did he spend almost his entire life presenting a message that would oppose Freemasons' ideology?

The video speaks of Jehovah's Witnesses; Charles Taze Russell was never a member of the organization known as Jehovah's Witnesses, and he preached against such an organization.

Russell taught that any new revealed truth would not contradict former revealed truth. However, I would add that there has been no actual "revealed" truth since the first century, although, in a general way, one's understanding of truths already revealed may indeed be contradictory as he progresses in understanding. In other words, as one progresses in understanding of the revealed light, he may have assimilated some errors along the way, which would contradict the revealed light, and which errors have to be discarded if one is to appreciate the revealed light.

Thus, in 1904, when Russell realized that assumptions had been placed upon 1914 that the scriptures did not bear out, and he realized that the end of the Gentile Times would see the beginning, not the end, of the time of trouble, he discarded his former view that the time of trouble was to end in 1914 (a view he had adopted from Nelson Barbour).

Russell, however, in saying that he was ready to modify his creed according to "increase of light" did not speak as "central authority" of an organization such as the Jehovah's Witnesses. In saying "increase of light", it could only be applied as meaning increase of understanding of the light as revealed in the Bible. Any increase of understanding of light cannot contradict what has already been revealed.

The video is correct that Russell did not claim infallibility; he, in fact, disclaimed such. He openly admitted the possibility that he could be in error; and openly stated that he was not a prophet, but rather a fallible student of Bible prophecy. He disclaimed that his expectations were prophecy.

Isaiah 29:18 WEB
In that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity and out of darkness.

This "day" feature of the englightenment of the world has not yet arrived, except as reckoned to the new creature in Christ, for whom all things are new. (2 Corinthians 5:17) The new creature, the son of God, is not of this world that has been condemned in Adam, but is reckoned as having tasted of the powers of the age to come. (John 15:19; 17:14; Hebrews 6:5) Thus, the new creature, the son of God, in this age, actually belongs to that "day" which is yet to come. (Romans 13:12,13; Ephesians 4:30; 1 Thessalonians 5:5-9) The enlightenment of the world cannot come until after Satan is abyssed, so that he will no longer be able to deceive the heathen. (Revelation 20:1-4)The Scriptures tell us that darkness now covers the earth, society, and gross darkness the people. Yet in God’s due time the light of Truth will mount up high in the heavens as the Sun of Righteousness. It will scatter the darkness and clouds of sin and superstition. Thus from two standpoints a blessing will come by restraining the powers of darkness and by setting free the powers of light. Of that time we are further assured that the knowledge of Jehovah will fill the whole earth as the waters cover the sea. — Isaiah 60:2; Malachi 4:2; Isaiah 11:9.

The message of the good news that Russell referred to, however, is not the bad tidings of the great woe that will be for most of the people that they may be eternally destroyed in Armageddon (if they do not join the outward organization known as Jehovah's Witnesses) that Rutherford preached and that the JWs preach. The JWs are NOT preaching the Good News of great joy that shall be for all the people that Russell spoke of.

Although Rutherford began to reject portions of Good News as early as 1923, in 1938, Rutherford officially rejected the "good news of great joy that will for all the people" that Russell spoke of and replaced it with a new Gospel, which is not really a Gospel (Good News), but rather bad tidings of great woe that will be more most of the people that they are to be eternally destroyed for not accepting Rutherford's outward organization (kingdom).

Most of the JWs I have known have proven to me that they will indeed blindly follow whatever the men at the WT headquarters may say. Although some of them have admitted to me privately that they disagreed with some of things taught by the Society, publicly they will defend the organization even to point of dying for the outward organization, which, in effect, means closing their eyes to the facts and thus blindly following and even dying for the stand taken by those in the leadership positions in the org. Having once been associated with that org, I have seen this first-hand. Indeed, any open disagreement, and often even a private disclosure of disagreement, with "the Society" would call for a the person in disagreement to appear before a "judicial committee". Thus, there is an atempt at control through fear of men that does exist amongst the JWs.

The biggest "error" in connection with the cross would simply be that many use the cross for idolatrous purposes. One could argue against the use of the cross because of that association, but it is highly debatable that use of the cross itself is error.

While Russell did make some errors related to the measurement of the descending passageway of the Great Pyramid, the study of God's Witness in Egypt in itself is not error. Russell never wrote of "pyramidology" as such; that word as it is often used today could lead one to a misundersanding of the teaching that the Great Pyramid is God's witness in Egypt.

While Russell never seemed to fully appreciate the principle of idolatry as related to certain Christmas practices, he was correct in not assuming authority so as dictate to others what they should or should not do as related to celebrating any day.

The "Chart of the Ages" is not about "pyramidology", especially as that term is often used today. The pyramids used are similar to any organizational chart; the pyramids simply depict the development of God's Kingdom to its completion with Jesus as the top stone. Many corporations use similar "pyramids" to demonstrate their organizational structure.

Isaiah 29:24 WEB
They also who err in spirit shall come to understanding, and those who murmur shall receive instruction.

Isaiah 29:24 is another prophecy that cannot be fully fulfilled until after Satan is abyssed. (Revelation 20:1-4) Only after Satan is removed will the all those who are now erring and who now mumur be able to receive instruction in truth. Today, the world is still blinded by Satan's deceptions.

Nevertheless, the scripture does have a fulfillment in those who become New Creatures in Christ, in proportion as the new creature submits to the revealing and understanding of truth as found in the Bible that is available to him through God's Holy Spirit. Most of God's children, however, appear to be content to remain as babes in Christ, having a carnal mind that submits to this or that influence of sectarianism, which does keep them from fully understanding the marvelous deeper truths.

I do totally agree that Russell was not a member of the Freemasons' organization. His Biblical use of illustrations of the cross and crown, sun of righteousness, etc., has nothing at all to do with any alleged support of, or membership in, the Freemaons organization. Any such thoughts have to be imagined and assumed. It is totally ludicrous to think that a person would spend nearly his entire life sabotaging what he was supporting by preaching a message that contradicted what he was supposed to be supporting.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16233724
United States
03/05/2013 12:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

Russell did not believe in a "governing body", and he did indeed state some things as being his opinion, especially as related to chronology and his expectations regarding time prophecies.

Our own views are not prophecy, but interpretations of the holy prophets of old. — Watch Tower, October 1890, page 8

Neither must you lean upon the DAWN and the TOWER as infallible teachers. — Watch Tower, June 1893, page 168.

By “DAWN,” Russell was referring to his book series “Millennial Dawn,” which were later renamed “Studies in the Scriptures.”

We claim no infallibility for our presentations. — Watch Tower, April 15, 1901, page 136.

We preach not ourself but Christ. We substantiate nothing except by his Word. We make no laws, formulate no creed, deprive no sheep of his full liberty in Christ; but merely on every question quote the Word of the Lord, through the apostles and prophets. We boast nothing, claim nothing of ourself. We are content to serve the Lord and his flock to the best of our ability–exacting no tithes, no “honor of men,” no confession of authority, no compensation; hoping merely for the love of the Lord and of those who are his children and have his Spirit. So far from forming or desiring to form a new sect, we ignore all sectarian systems and their claimed authority; we recognize only the “one Lord, one Faith and one Baptism” of the Scriptures and fellowship as a “brother” every person of decent morals who confesses faith in the “redemption through the blood of Christ,” and especially all of this class who profess a full consecration to the Lord’s will and service,– whatever sect they may be in, or outside of all. -- “The Watch Tower”, January 1, 1906 pg. 20

We are not prophesying; we are merely giving our surmises, the Scriptural basis for which is already in the hands of our readers in the six volumes of SCRIPTURE STUDIES. We do not even aver that there is no mistake in our interpretation of prophecy and our calculations of chronology. — Watch Tower, January 1, 1908, page 5.

I am not a prophet. The very most I try to do, dear friends, is to interpret prophecy.” — What Pastor Russell Said, page 272.

We try to be careful about every word that goes into the Watch Tower, but we do not claim to be infallible; we are doing the best we can. — What Pastor Russell Said, page 57.

We have not prophesied anything about the Times of the Gentiles closing in a time of trouble nor about the glorious epoch which will shortly follow that catastrophe…. We merely state that we believe thus and so, for such and such reasons. — Watch Tower, December 1, 1912, page 377.

We do not claim infallibility. — What Pastor Russell Said, page 83

We have never set forth anything to indicate that our view in the matter was infallible. I do not know positively that the times of the Gentiles will end in October, 1914, or at any other particular time. We think there is strong reason for believing that the Gentile Times will end in October, 1914. We give it as our opinion, and set before you the Scriptural reason. Some may believe and some not. This is our thought and if it is correct, about that time, or shortly thereafter, a great time of trouble will come upon the world. --What Pastor Russell Said, Q313:2, 1914.
DGN  (OP)

United States
03/05/2013 12:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Charles Russell realized a great global invitation to God's kingdom must be preached in all the earth before the end of Satan's reign of terror;
"All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” Mt28:19
The invitation to God's kingdom was met with much opposition last century and now.

"Do not meddle with these men, but let them alone; (because, if this scheme or this work is from men, it will be overthrown; 39 but if it is from God, YOU will not be able to overthrow them;) otherwise, YOU may perhaps be found fighters actually against God" Ac5:38

Has the work Charles Russell revived proven to be from men or God?
See the third link below for a clue.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11228690
United States
03/05/2013 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
why would they admit to having a butthole like him??? lmao

[link to www.youtube.com]
DGN  (OP)

United States
03/05/2013 01:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
why would they admit to having a butthole like him??? lmao

[link to www.youtube.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11228690

Neither Russell or Rutherford ever claimed to be prophets because the miraculous gifts ended with the deaths of the apostles. Rather than prophets these men were known as International Bible Students seeking to unravel the mysteries of bible prophesy. Their message still is not one of doom, that's the daily news. Their message is Jehovah will not tolerate man's total self extinction through nuclear winter to Satan's rival sovereignty and ultimate glory.
"for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short." Mt24:21

Nine's

United States
03/05/2013 01:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Under oath, at the Douglas Walsh Trial, Hayden Covington (former vice president of the Watch Tower Society) gave this testimony concerning the 1874 date:

A. ...that was the publication of a false prophesy, it was a false statement or an erroneous statement in fulfilment of a prophesy that was false or erroneous.
Q. If a member of Jehovah’s Witnesses took the view himself that the prophesy was wrong and said so he would be disfellowshipped?
A. Yes....Our purpose is to have unity.
Q. And unity based upon an enforced acceptance of a false prophecy?
A. That is conceded to be true.
— Douglas Walsh Trial, 1954

GLP