Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,708 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 547,732
Pageviews Today: 905,352Threads Today: 268Posts Today: 5,069
09:28 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

HOW did we get to the MOON if we didn't know about this??

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16938172
France
03/02/2013 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: HOW did we get to the MOON if we didn't know about this??
REMARKS BY MR. NEIL ARMSTRONG -- HON. GEORGE E. BROWN, JR.
(Extension of Remarks - July 20, 1994)

[Page: E1509]

HON. GEORGE E. BROWN, JR.

in the House of Representatives

WEDNESDAY, JULY 20, 1994

* Mr. BROWN of California. Mr. Speaker, on this the 25th anniversary of the first Moon landing, I would like to insert into the Record the eloquent remarks of Mr. Neil Armstrong, the first human to set foot on the surface of another world. These remarks were given at the White House today during a ceremony commemorating the Apollo 11 mission.

Thank you, Mr. Vice President, Mr. President, members of Congress, fellow astronauts, ladies and gentlemen.

Wilbur Wright once noted that the only bird that cold talk was the parrot, and he didn't fly very well. So I'll be brief. This week America has been recalling the Apollo program and reliving the memories of those times in which so many of us here, colleagues here in the first rows, were immersed. Our old astrogeology mentor, Gene Shoemaker, even called in one of his comets to mark the occasion with spectacular Jovian fireworks. And reminding us once again of the power and consequence of celestial extracurricular activities.

Many Americans were part of Apollo, about one or two in each thousand citizens, all across the country. They were asked by their country to do the impossible--to envisage the design and to build a method of breaking the bonds of earth's gravity and then sally forth to visit another heavenly body. The principal elements--leaving earth, navigating in space and descending to a planet unencumbered with runways and traffic control--would include major requirements necessary for a space-faring people.

Today a space shuttle flies overhead with an international crew. A number of countries have international space programs. During the space age we have increased our knowledge of our universe a thousand-fold.

Today we have with us a group of students, among America's best. To you we say we have only completed a beginning. We leave you much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of the truth's protective layers. There are many places to go beyond belief. Those challenges are yours--in many fields, not the least of which is space, because there lies human destiny.
 Quoting: neil armstrong

[link to www.thelivingmoon.com]

So to sum up :
Neil implies he is a PARROT.
Then he challenges YOU to "remove one of the truth's protective layers" and go to " many places to go beyond belief".

But sheeple gonna sheeple.
Anonymous Coward
France
03/02/2013 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Also they're all freefuckingmasons anyway.
And you believe them.
Anonymous Coward
France
03/02/2013 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wilbur Wright once noted that the only bird that cold talk was the parrot, and he didn't fly very well. So I'll be brief.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16938172

It goes even further than being a parrot, thanks to the second part of the analogy : "he didnt fly very well." and to his conclusion : "So I'll be brief".

>Implying he can't talk (as he can fly very well).
>Implying if he talks, it's like a parrot.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1342725
United States
03/02/2013 10:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
WITH ROCKETS AND COMPOSITE MATERIALS AND METALS AND MATH!

Add in a few dudes with suits, made out of COMPOSITE MATERIALS AND METALS

Well then.
Thread closed.

timeout
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35429561
United States
03/02/2013 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
WITH ROCKETS AND COMPOSITE MATERIALS AND METALS AND MATH!

Add in a few dudes with suits, made out of COMPOSITE MATERIALS AND METALS

Well then.
Thread closed.

timeout
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1342725

You will never reach the unreachable.
You will never teach the unteachable.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7190830
United States
03/02/2013 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think that the fact that so many here know so little science makes it impossible to explain how we went to the moon. There is the immutable assumption that everything works the same there as there in spite of the dramatic difference in environment.
The assumption that any radiation would stop the trip is also evident.
And calling anyone who disagrees a shill certainly doesn't help you gain a wider knowledge of the subject and the science.
In other words, you are to stupid to explain it to and you simple refuse to change that.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19818372

clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35429638
Croatia
03/02/2013 11:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Did Americans land on the moon 1969 when the whole world was watching!? No!
why!?

Because, whole world was watching and there's numerous things that have could go wrong!
Even the "smallest" glitch could cause fiasco...and you got whole world watching it...and you got "bad,mean Russians" just waiting for Americans to "slip"
So, they recorded that in studio...
Think about it!!!
Maybe they went to moon numerous time before that and after that...I don't know...
but I'm pretty sure people didn't see real landing on the moon that 1969.
Think about it...it's just that simple!

bump
Rev StarGazer

User ID: 35235999
United States
03/02/2013 11:14 AM

Report Abusive Post
how in the hell people fall for this moon landing crap is beyond me.
 Quoting: Brubaker

I was a friend of Neil Armstrong's for 35 years. He went to the moon.
 Quoting: Mr. Weird

May have but he didn't get there on an Apollo rocket.

It's the story and fantasy presented to the public that is false - we did and still go to the moon.

Even you were married to him, he wouldn't be able to tell you the truth unless you had clearance.
“If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace.”
Thich Nhat Hanh, Being Peace

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you,
or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
or let the fish in the sea inform you." - Job 12:7,8

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

revstargazer (at) hotmail.com
Mr. Weird

User ID: 28995214
United States
03/02/2013 11:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
how in the hell people fall for this moon landing crap is beyond me.
 Quoting: Brubaker

I was a friend of Neil Armstrong's for 35 years. He went to the moon.

You're responding to a full blown retard.
You might as well hold a discourse on astrophysics
at St. Claire's Mental Institution.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35429561

Well said.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7190830
United States
03/02/2013 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wilbur Wright once noted that the only bird that cold talk was the parrot, and he didn't fly very well. So I'll be brief.

It goes even further than being a parrot, thanks to the second part of the analogy : "he didnt fly very well." and to his conclusion : "So I'll be brief".

he's simply implying that he's not an eloquent speaker, he just stated it in a way that goes over many peoples heads. your just reading too much into it
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2836766
United States
03/02/2013 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
why!?

Because, whole world was watching and there's numerous things that have could go wrong!
Even the "smallest" glitch could cause fiasco...and you got whole world watching it...and you got "bad,mean Russians" just waiting for Americans to "slip"
Think about it!!!
Maybe they went to moon numerous time before that and after that...I don't know...

bump
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35429638

THIS makes sense!
Weasel Keeper

User ID: 35430242
United States
03/02/2013 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
anyone who thinks the apollo missions landed man on the moon are fucked in the head, period.
And guess what, i've even had lunch with apollo astronot charlie duke, i bet even the shills here can't claim that !!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35058173

You had lunch with an astronaut? Pics or it didn't happen.
Wild Weasels? You've got to be shitting me!
Anonymous Coward
Croatia
03/02/2013 11:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
why!?

Think about it!!!

bump

THIS makes sense!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2836766

Thank you!
I'm just putting it out there!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35155953
United States
03/02/2013 11:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
anyone who thinks the apollo missions landed man on the moon are fucked in the head, period.
And guess what, i've even had lunch with apollo astronot charlie duke, i bet even the shills here can't claim that !!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35058173

You had lunch with an astronaut? Pics or it didn't happen.
 Quoting: Weasel Keeper

Buzz is in AA. He is still waiting to make his ammends to us!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27930991
Netherlands
03/02/2013 12:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
There is no belt in the moon studio, that's how...alien03
 Quoting: Solarninja

clappa
Anonymous Coward
Croatia
03/02/2013 12:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Mr. Weird

User ID: 28995214
United States
03/02/2013 12:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'll make these final comments and then drop out of this conversation. Some people on this thread seem angry that Neil Armstrong got to the moon, so they concoct all kinds of reasons to prove he didn't go there. Some ancient Greek once said that humans raise up gods so they can tear them down. I think this means that ordinary, non heroic people, which is about 99.9% of the population, hates the thought that some extraordinary people do amazing things. I think maybe that's what's occurring here with the angry posts insisting that this one extraordinary man did an extraordinary thing.

In the 35 years I knew Neil I never asked him the stupid question of "Did you really go to the moon?" because in casual conversations on other subjects he referenced things having to do with him landing on the moon. There is a famous shot that Aldrin took of Neil just after they landed and before Neil got out of the Lander, and his eyes are red rimmed and glassy. I joked to him that it looked like he had just finished a two day drinking binge and he said that in space, blood tends to congregate in mucus membranes like around the eyes. Many of those comments told me that he had been on the moon. And this thing I'll tell you about the man...he would be the last person in the world to lie. He was that straight an arrow. He was the guy every parent would hope their son would grow up to be like.

You non believers should move on to an easier target, like the president of the United States.
Anonymous Coward
Croatia
03/02/2013 01:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'll make these final comments and then drop out of this conversation. Some people on this thread seem angry that Neil Armstrong got to the moon, so they concoct all kinds of reasons to prove he didn't go there. Some ancient Greek once said that humans raise up gods so they can tear them down. I think this means that ordinary, non heroic people, which is about 99.9% of the population, hates the thought that some extraordinary people do amazing things. I think maybe that's what's occurring here with the angry posts insisting that this one extraordinary man did an extraordinary thing.

In the 35 years I knew Neil I never asked him the stupid question of "Did you really go to the moon?" because in casual conversations on other subjects he referenced things having to do with him landing on the moon. There is a famous shot that Aldrin took of Neil just after they landed and before Neil got out of the Lander, and his eyes are red rimmed and glassy. I joked to him that it looked like he had just finished a two day drinking binge and he said that in space, blood tends to congregate in mucus membranes like around the eyes. Many of those comments told me that he had been on the moon. And this thing I'll tell you about the man...he would be the last person in the world to lie. He was that straight an arrow. He was the guy every parent would hope their son would grow up to be like.

You non believers should move on to an easier target, like the president of the United States.

I respect your opinion, but...you think Neil would be like:
"Listen, man I never been on the moon...you know how it is!We still cool right!?"

He made his deal with government(at least), so he had to keep his mouth shut
Weasel_Turbine

User ID: 31859349
United States
03/02/2013 02:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
The problem with the government (or any other organization) supposedly having tech that far advanced is that technology does not develop in isolation. Advances in one field most often lead to advances in others. The sciences are related. For some group to have far advanced tech it begs the question how nobody else could happen upon similar advances.
 Quoting: Weasel_Turbine

1/ There is just one group : the euro-american empire. World gov is a reality.
2/ It is not development and advancements so much as it is tech given to the shadow gov by the Aliums.
3/ Managing the different circles, from the public circle to the most totally far out there circle, takes mucho money and resources indeed, hence the current financial/criminal madness.
4/ Building up rationalizations as to why something isnt possible or likely, without having tested the hypothesis by its own rules (and inside the paradigm it belongs to) isn't sound reasoning. It's just an expression of bias, a mental immune system reacting to change induced by strange ideas.

Again with the appeal to magic. There is no proof of the above. There is proof that the Apollo hardware was capable of making it to the Moon and back. No magic or aliens needed.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law
#Geomagnetic_Storm#

User ID: 1426914
United States
03/02/2013 02:25 PM

Report Abusive Post

bump
Geoshill

Link to my Gaming Channel….
[link to m.youtube.com (secure)]
nomuse (not logged in)
User ID: 2380183
United States
03/02/2013 02:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
REMARKS BY MR. NEIL ARMSTRONG -- HON. GEORGE E. BROWN, JR.
(Extension of Remarks - July 20, 1994)

[Page: E1509]

HON. GEORGE E. BROWN, JR.

in the House of Representatives

WEDNESDAY, JULY 20, 1994

* Mr. BROWN of California. Mr. Speaker, on this the 25th anniversary of the first Moon landing, I would like to insert into the Record the eloquent remarks of Mr. Neil Armstrong, the first human to set foot on the surface of another world. These remarks were given at the White House today during a ceremony commemorating the Apollo 11 mission.

Thank you, Mr. Vice President, Mr. President, members of Congress, fellow astronauts, ladies and gentlemen.

Wilbur Wright once noted that the only bird that cold talk was the parrot, and he didn't fly very well. So I'll be brief. This week America has been recalling the Apollo program and reliving the memories of those times in which so many of us here, colleagues here in the first rows, were immersed. Our old astrogeology mentor, Gene Shoemaker, even called in one of his comets to mark the occasion with spectacular Jovian fireworks. And reminding us once again of the power and consequence of celestial extracurricular activities.

Many Americans were part of Apollo, about one or two in each thousand citizens, all across the country. They were asked by their country to do the impossible--to envisage the design and to build a method of breaking the bonds of earth's gravity and then sally forth to visit another heavenly body. The principal elements--leaving earth, navigating in space and descending to a planet unencumbered with runways and traffic control--would include major requirements necessary for a space-faring people.

Today a space shuttle flies overhead with an international crew. A number of countries have international space programs. During the space age we have increased our knowledge of our universe a thousand-fold.

Today we have with us a group of students, among America's best. To you we say we have only completed a beginning. We leave you much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of the truth's protective layers. There are many places to go beyond belief. Those challenges are yours--in many fields, not the least of which is space, because there lies human destiny.
 Quoting: neil armstrong

[link to www.thelivingmoon.com]

So to sum up :
Neil implies he is a PARROT.
Then he challenges YOU to "remove one of the truth's protective layers" and go to " many places to go beyond belief".

But sheeple gonna sheeple.

You mean like, discovering a third Van Allen Belt?

Or perhaps the Apollo Program itself might make discoveries about the origin of the Moon -- which has implications for planetary formation, which leads not just to new information about extra-solar planets, but about the geologic stability and recoverable resources of our own planet.

Or perhaps -- since he was heavily involved in the space sciences -- he might mean new discoveries in how to live and work in space. New technologies to make the passage to orbit more economical. New developments in long-term sustainability.

I mean, really -- is he going to go in front of the HOUSE (who you would think would be in on any world-spanning nefarious plot already) and in the context of talking about the Apollo Program, the Space Shuttle, and other pioneers like the Wright Brothers drop a line meant to imply that everything else in his talk was a lie and you really should be thinking about the Nazi Flying Saucers housed at the North Pole?

Sheesh.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4126404
United States
03/03/2013 02:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

NASA discovers NEW Van Allen Belt!
 Quoting: Just the facts!

Who is this "we" you speak off?

So, if we didn't know about this, what else don't we know about?

There's a lot more that we don't know then we do know.

...and how could we get through it safely on our way to the moon??

Since none of the Apollo missions travelled through that region of space that is a non-question.

Space is 3D, the Belts are belts.
book
 Quoting: Halcyon Dayz, FCD

Mmm, so you think the belts are 2 dimensional hey?

[link to images.yourdictionary.com]

spock

Clearly the belts are 3D but that doesn't mean they thick and can't be easily gone around.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/03/2013 02:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

No you totally got thar wrong. It means Neil Armstrong did not consider himself a good public speaker.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/03/2013 02:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
why!?

Think about it!!!

bump

THIS makes sense!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2836766

To idiots
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/03/2013 02:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
The problem with the government (or any other organization) supposedly having tech that far advanced is that technology does not develop in isolation. Advances in one field most often lead to advances in others. The sciences are related. For some group to have far advanced tech it begs the question how nobody else could happen upon similar advances.

1/ There is just one group : the euro-american empire. World gov is a reality.
2/ It is not development and advancements so much as it is tech given to the shadow gov by the Aliums.
3/ Managing the different circles, from the public circle to the most totally far out there circle, takes mucho money and resources indeed, hence the current financial/criminal madness.
4/ Building up rationalizations as to why something isnt possible or likely, without having tested the hypothesis by its own rules (and inside the paradigm it belongs to) isn't sound reasoning. It's just an expression of bias, a mental immune system reacting to change induced by strange ideas.

Again with the appeal to magic. There is no proof of the above. There is proof that the Apollo hardware was capable of making it to the Moon and back. No magic or aliens needed.

Any significantly advanced technology will appeart as magic to idiots.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32061884
United States
03/03/2013 03:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
So we launch nuclear weapons into this general area and discovered they cause long lasting radiation?

Wow, thats pretty smart.

Som1 shuld tell the humans.givedamn
Just the facts!  (OP)

User ID: 35428221
United Kingdom
03/03/2013 03:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

NASA discovers NEW Van Allen Belt!

Who is this "we" you speak off?

So, if we didn't know about this, what else don't we know about?

There's a lot more that we don't know then we do know.

...and how could we get through it safely on our way to the moon??

Since none of the Apollo missions travelled through that region of space that is a non-question.

Space is 3D, the Belts are belts.
book

Mmm, so you think the belts are 2 dimensional hey?

[link to images.yourdictionary.com]

spock

Clearly the belts are 3D but that doesn't mean they thick and can't be easily gone around.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4126404

Oh my, you have a lot of studying to do!

spock
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth"
Halcyon Dayz, FCD

User ID: 31033756
Netherlands
03/03/2013 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

spock

That's rather funny coming from someone as incredibly dense as you.

You're to dumb to process the information in your own thread.
See Weasel Turbine's post on Page 2.

Nothing about the dimensions and location of the VARBs is secret.
There are hundreds of entities that operate hardware in the Belts.
Nothing about the path of the Apollo flights is secret.
Everybody with a telescope could see it.

And, unless you know the actual radiation levels and the durations of exposure, all that is meaningless anyway.

If YOUR claim is that flying to the Moon is impossible, it is YOU who will have to proof it.
Just shrieking RADIATION!!!!11!!OMG!!!11! like some hysterical ignorant radiophobe won't cut it.
book
Reaching for the sky makes you taller.

Hi! My name is Halcyon Dayz and I'm addicted to morans.
Just the facts!  (OP)

User ID: 35428221
United Kingdom
03/03/2013 03:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

spock

That's rather funny coming from someone as incredibly dense as you.

You're to dumb to process the information in your own thread.
See Weasel Turbine's post on Page 2.

Nothing about the dimensions and location of the VARBs is secret.
There are hundreds of entities that operate hardware in the Belts.
Nothing about the path of the Apollo flights is secret.
Everybody with a telescope could see it.

And, unless you know the actual radiation levels and the durations of exposure, all that is meaningless anyway.

If YOUR claim is that flying to the Moon is impossible, it is YOU who will have to proof it.
Just shrieking RADIATION!!!!11!!OMG!!!11! like some hysterical ignorant radiophobe won't cut it.
book

I didn't say that we didn't go to the moon!

I asked why didn't we know about this radiation belt at the time?

After all, we must have passed through it? Or maybe, if we believe you we went round it?!

spock
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth"
Halcyon Dayz, FCD

User ID: 31033756
Netherlands
03/03/2013 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
I didn't say that we didn't go to the moon!

Than what's your point?

I asked why didn't we know about this radiation belt at the time?

A ring. Inside the Outer Belt.
Did you not read your own OP link?
Nobody has looked at the radiation environment of that part of space at such detail before.

After all, we must have passed through it?

Why?

And who is "we"?

Or maybe, if we believe you we went round it?!

By Jove! He's got it!
book
Reaching for the sky makes you taller.

Hi! My name is Halcyon Dayz and I'm addicted to morans.

GLP