Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,626 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 237,238
Pageviews Today: 382,805Threads Today: 127Posts Today: 2,001
04:55 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

COMCAST is gonna "hijack" your internet!!

HypnoSlaveDoll

User ID: 34621580
United States
03/03/2013 05:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: COMCAST is gonna "hijack" your internet!!
Comcast seriously is the fucking scum of ISP. I had NOTHING but trouble with them. Got a few copyright emails from them, but that was only the toppings. Undisclosed charges, hidden charges and dodgy service were enough to tell them to fuck off and go elsewhere.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 34545441

burnit
notinfallible

User ID: 34340228
United States
03/03/2013 06:51 AM

Report Abusive Post
Here's a thought: don't steal stuff.

I don't have to worry about this because I don't steal anything off the internet!
 Quoting: Super Bowl Dave

Reading comments like the one I quoted really makes me sick.

What about these filthy rich corporations stealing from every single person they sell something to? Thats alright though because somehow what they do is legal.

Fucking crooks.

skull_fing
 Quoting: notinfallible

So go ahead and break the law because you don't like it, then wine about it when it is enforce.

Fuck off
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35461797

lmao

You just got me figured out don't ya?

1rof1
Brawndo's got electrolytes.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34455019
United States
03/03/2013 07:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
From what I understood the ISP's are not the ones who are going to monitor you.

RIAA MPAA etc hires third party firms to monitor torrent activity or downloads elsewhere. They record your IP and report it to your ISP. Then your ISP will send you a copyright alert system.

I think the first two notices are warnings, then the ISP will "punish" you. If you are innocent you have to pay a $35 fee for them to review your case. I.e. you are guilty until proven not innocent.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35415793

I pay comcast as a customer to provide me a service, period. I do not pay them to then get paid by big media to let them spy on me. They are violating their basic contract with the customer and I do not give a damn what any fine print says. Sell me internet use and go away and let me use it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31036137
United States
03/03/2013 08:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
i dont get what everyone is freaking out about

summarize pl0x
 Quoting: Anubis

Imagine the government having the ability to shut off any car, anywhere to stop drunk drivers killing helpless families on the road.

But then one day a bad man gets control of it and uses it to rule, profit and enslave us. Of course we are already enslaved, those systems just make the shackles stronger.

We had the ability to preserve our freedom 200 years ago. Now you do not have that ability....how does that make you feel?!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31036137
United States
03/03/2013 08:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
btw, download 3 songs and get a fine of $35.

That is almost $12 a song........

Here is an idea, the file sharing isn't the problem, the economical structure is.

Everyone should be angry at the true problem, THEFT OF WEALTH.

If you are a US citizen, you are entitled to roughly $350,000 a year. As that is the natural wealth of the country.

See how fucking ripped off that is?
Oubliette

User ID: 32552748
United States
03/03/2013 09:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Copyright holders need to figure out new ways to license their work so that peiple can legally access it. Itunes is close. At least iTunes music can be purchased on a computer and transfered to a non-apple device, but movies and tv shows can't.
My husband has an android tablet, and there's NOWHERE to purchase s high quality movie. The Google play store has "HD" movies, but they are pixelated amd look like crap! Why pay $15 for a pixelated movie that looks like hell when you hook the tablet up to your TV? That is theft.

You know what else is theft? When I purchases a DVD of Disney's tangled at a highway rest stop while making a road trip. The damn movie was defective, and wouldn't play after a certain point. We couldn't return it, so then what? I have to buy another copy?
This is an oubliette. The labyrinth is full of 'em.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35496482
United States
03/03/2013 01:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have lived a lot of years during my life without internet. I'm pretty sure I can do it again. I don't bitch and whine like the 99%; I take action. We're dealing with corporations. When gas got too high; I stopped driving as much. Cable television tightened the screws; cancelled. Food started getting too high; I started growing my own. They want our money and we shouldn't just give it to them. They should be forced to earn it just as we earn ours.
 Quoting: OCD Chaos Theorist

clappa
HypnoSlaveDoll

United States
03/03/2013 02:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Any word on other ISPs taking part in this? I haven't heard anything about CenturyLink, Cox or Brighthouse yet... I'm hoping it will all fail miserably and will be drpoped by all, after the loss of revenue caused by consumer outrage...
HypnoSlaveDoll

United States
03/03/2013 06:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Heard from a friend down south, apparently Cox, Brighthouse and Knology are participating in CAS as well... The winner is going to be smaller ISPs that don't buy into this BS- their business will boom when the mass exodus from Comcast, et al begins,,,
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35515361
United States
03/03/2013 06:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
I got a call from them once..

Comcast: just wanted to let you know that we're going to bundle your services and if you don't like it you can call back later to cancel, so did you have anything else today?

me: wait I don't want that. don't bundle anything.

Comcast: it doesn't cost you anything you just have to cancel within 30 days and it's free of charge.

me: No don't do it, I only want internet, nothing else, do not touch my service

Comcast: oh I see, fine if you don't want a free service.. is there anything else I can do for you to today?

me: No, no thanks, bye
HypnoSlaveDoll

United States
03/03/2013 06:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Some info here, along with a video:

What is a Copyright Alert?

[link to www.copyrightinformation.org]
HypnoSlaveDoll

United States
03/03/2013 06:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/03/2013 06:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Question, How does comcast know what is copyrighted?

I'm a guitarist in an indie band who has put out a couple albums. How do I stop people from downloading our music over torrents? I'll ask Comcast.
Oubliette

User ID: 32552748
United States
03/03/2013 06:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

I'm a guitarist in an indie band who has put out a couple albums. How do I stop people from downloading our music over torrents? I'll ask Comcast.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35515361

The copyright holders alert comcast and other ISPs. Basically, what they do is they download a torrent of their copyrighted content. Then they lool and log the IP addresses of the people seeding and leeching it. Them they give the list to the ISPs and the ISPs give their customer a strike.
This is an oubliette. The labyrinth is full of 'em.
HypnoSlaveDoll

United States
03/03/2013 06:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35515361

This is one of my questions too... There are thousands of Legal torrents: public domain movies, lapsed copyright fare, indie musicians such as yourself spreading their work... Are they going to examine every torrent? What if someone renames a copyrighted film to the name of a public domain film and you download it unknowingly? There's just too much room for error and false accusations here, plus you have to pay $35 to appeal a warning... In effect, they say you're guilty until you prove your innocence... Isn't that supposed to be the other way around?

hf
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/03/2013 06:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm in a chat with a rep and so far he's dodging my question. This is funny.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/03/2013 06:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
he says the way it works is the copyright holder has to monitor the torrents and if the copyright holder sees a comcast IP, then they report it to comcast

otherwise he just told me I had to call Comcast Security Assurance at 877-542-2112.

GLP