Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

School suspends 7-year-old for shaping breakfast pastry into 'shape of a gun'

JUST HERE  (OP)

User ID: 25610447
United States
03/03/2013 01:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: School suspends 7-year-old for shaping breakfast pastry into 'shape of a gun'
thank you for the pin hf
:glp sign:
davvi

User ID: 3677166
United States
03/03/2013 02:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: School suspends 7-year-old for shaping breakfast pastry into 'shape of a gun'
Was it loaded?
 Quoting: Shoot straight Johnny

with cheese...

for cripes sake we have just gone full-blown stupid now.

the enemy straps bomb vests on their spawn while we bust ours for a damn "pastry." yup, bright future we are making for our kids.
MONSTER

User ID: 2122560
United States
03/03/2013 02:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Are these Teachers and school board crazy? what next you cant say the word gun.uhoh
But when he is 18 they will stick a gun in his hand and send him off to the Middle East to fight for his life with that gun
KINGDOMS, NATIONS AND KINGS HAVE BEEN BROUGHT DOWN TO THEIR KNEES WITH ONE GLANCE FROM A WOMAN.

I WEAR MY SKIN OF ARMOR SO NO ONE CAN GET IN AND NO ONE CAN GET OUT.

HOW CAN I MOURN YOU, WHEN I HAVE NEVER LET YOU GO, monster 1991-2008 RIP
dirtdigger

User ID: 30893365
United States
03/03/2013 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
idk whats worse the school or the fact they classify a Poptart as a pastry..
dirtdigger
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20566260
United States
03/03/2013 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
They are really trying to condition these kids, aren't they?

They made an example out of him so the rest of the kids will think guns are horrible. And if mommy and daddy own one, then it's a horrible, shameful, family secret.

Next step, get the kids to rat out mom and dad.
 Quoting: Earth Daughter

Yes they are!!!!
INK3

User ID: 35067643
United States
03/03/2013 02:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe he was going to fire it at his coco pops.....that's how cereal killers are made!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19548421

Good one!
"When tyrants tremble in their fear, and hear their death knell ringing,
When friends rejoice both far and near, how can I keep from singing"

page7
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32061884
United States
03/03/2013 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
In a culture saturated by violence, children to inherit a fascination with guns, bombs, weapons at a very young age.

It is perfectly normal for children to have a fascination with its perceived cultural ideals.

Most children express this into artwork in some way from an early age.

I find it both depressing and heartwarming when kids make doodles of guns, bombs and explosions upon receiving their first pack of crayons.

This thread might glance off of this topic, but this ^^^ is what matters.

I didn't read the story, but I'm sure its about turning that fascination with guns into a fascination with enforcing, obeying, and submitting to order and justice.
..11:11..

User ID: 35503595
United States
03/03/2013 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Frankie has something to say about this!

FrankieDoom
Spirituality is the opposite of religion, religion is a substitute for spirituality. Spirituality is a direct connection to Creator The Most high.

Anyone who inflicts pain on others will suffer themself from that pain.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 926255
Poland
03/03/2013 03:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
A seven-year-old boy was suspended from school on Thursday after biting his breakfast pastry into a shape that his teacher thought looked like a gun.

Josh Welch, a second-grader at Park Elementary School in Baltimore, said he was trying to nibble his strawberry snack into a mountain.

But when his teacher saw what he had done, the boy says she got 'pretty mad' and he knew he was 'in big trouble.' Josh was suspended for two days.
[link to www.dailymail.co.uk] wtf
 Quoting: JUST HERE

If I were his dad, I'd teach my son how to nipple on his pastry to turn it into a nuclear cruise missile.
Anonymous Coward
Poland
03/03/2013 03:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
A seven-year-old boy was suspended from school on Thursday after biting his breakfast pastry into a shape that his teacher thought looked like a gun.

Josh Welch, a second-grader at Park Elementary School in Baltimore, said he was trying to nibble his strawberry snack into a mountain.

But when his teacher saw what he had done, the boy says she got 'pretty mad' and he knew he was 'in big trouble.' Josh was suspended for two days.

If I were his dad, I'd teach my son how to nipple on his pastry to turn it into a nuclear cruise missile.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 926255

Oh jeez. niBBLe.
Anonymous Coward
Poland
03/03/2013 03:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Will the parents be arrested if they possess any high capacity boxes of Pop Tarts?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35368779
United States
03/03/2013 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
It was a penis and balls. Stupid teacher couldn't tell the difference.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22588530
United States
03/03/2013 03:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

they ought to prohibit strawberry pastrys, his parents should sue the campany for the danger it caused!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30326629
Canada
03/03/2013 03:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
for a damn poop-tart
godamn s226
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20781194
United States
03/03/2013 04:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
check out my thread I have a bunch of articles Thread: (updated mre stories) Virginia - 10 year old boy arrested.. --------------------------- guess why?

these people accusing these kids are NUTS!
BRIEF

User ID: 35262157
United States
03/03/2013 04:23 PM

Report Abusive Post
Liberal pussies!
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31625978
Panama
03/03/2013 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Day after day reading articles like this underscores a need for school board reform. Parents with commonsense need to take control.

Also get the feds out of education. Education is a local issue that should be determined by the citizens and not by a bloated federal bureaucracy with no accountability.

The Horace Mann teachers union is also responsible for the deplorable state of education in the U.S.

My mother was a teacher so I got plenty of updates on asinine education policies from the 50's to the 80's.

I was a member of various unions for about 30 years and in the past unions have done a lot of good for workers, but most of them have become as corrupt as our corporations and politicians.
 Quoting: R&y

Yup, before the schools were federalized, this sort of thing never happened.

Back when schools were at the mercy of their local communities for their funding, they went out their way to avoid upsetting the sane majority.

Back then they could not get away with this crazy crap, because they knew the people would voice their displeasure by voting no for the school bond.
THE WORDSMITH

User ID: 1137892
United States
03/03/2013 05:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
BANE Pastes !
Crazy Harriet

User ID: 35381603
United States
03/03/2013 05:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm still confused why the schools are trying so hard to convince us that they are run by drooling idiots. It makes no sense unless they actually ARE being run by drooling idiots.

No public school for our family - ever. Back to private schools or homeschooling as a last resort.

The die is cast.
"I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than risk peace in pursuit of politics." - Donald Trump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3974001
Canada
03/03/2013 05:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
He should have told the teacher he thought she was ignorant because she is. Poor thing, he's messed up for life now.
Anonymous Coward
Panama
03/03/2013 05:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm still confused why the schools are trying so hard to convince us that they are run by drooling idiots. It makes no sense unless they actually ARE being run by drooling idiots.

No public school for our family - ever. Back to private schools or homeschooling as a last resort.

The die is cast.
 Quoting: Crazy Harriet

No, they're not idiots any more than the politicians are. They know exactly what they're doing, and they've learned that they can get away with it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34104435
United States
03/03/2013 05:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yet they allow 2000 kids to be slaughtered in abortion clinics dailywtf
Anonymous_Hero

User ID: 32212857
United States
03/03/2013 05:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
why are these children being provided with breakfast to begin with? last time i checked, morning started at home. it's the job of the parents to get their kids out of bed, feed them a decent breakfast, and send them on their way. you're welcome.
***Anonymous Hero***
bringing truth to the masses
Integrity101

User ID: 31628188
United States
03/03/2013 05:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Was it loaded?
 Quoting: Shoot straight Johnny

cool2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35422982
United States
03/03/2013 05:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Pastries Don't Kill people, people kill people" baby
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 34719525

Actually my guess is that statistics would show far more people die from pastries than guns.

Besides, everyone knows pastries are a gateway weapon.
Anonymous Coward
Panama
03/03/2013 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
I remember when zero tolerance was just some crazy school policy that only affected schoolkids. Then I started hearing the term being used more and more, until it finally bled over into the world outside of the schools. Now its zero tolerance for this and zero tolerance for that, with politicians and law enforcement adopting a policy that had once only been limited to the schools.

I think it's safe to say that the schools are the canary in the coal mine.

The policies that are being enforced on the schoolkids today are what they intend to enforce on all Americans in the near future.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35428193
United States
03/03/2013 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
This mentality is just so retarded. Who came up with this nonsense??!
Just when is it OK to expose the children to guns? I mean you have to teach them history. History and guns are pretty much tied together. Guess we cant teach them history.
My kindergardener brang a note home from his teacher cause he was play acting and "exposing" other children somehow to the very idea of cowboy type of shooting. Give me a break.
Transformers toys blast eachother...of course they are going to emulate.
Somehow this type of behavior censorship seems to me to be just mindless ignorant fear, and the sheep just let it go on, with stupider and stupider and more rediculous examples that are way beyond reasoned thinking.
Oh but it's OK that recruiters prowl the High Schools to sign up kids for the ultimate in gunplay.

GLP