Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,761 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 455,601
Pageviews Today: 767,794Threads Today: 253Posts Today: 4,879
09:31 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Night Owls Who Can't Wake Up in the Morning May Have a Longer Than 24-Hour Body Clock

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30839497
United States
03/06/2013 09:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Night Owls Who Can't Wake Up in the Morning May Have a Longer Than 24-Hour Body Clock
[link to www.counselheal.com]

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42808182
United Kingdom
07/04/2013 07:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Night Owls Who Can't Wake Up in the Morning May Have a Longer Than 24-Hour Body Clock
scratching

And I just thought my schedule was off.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23157143
Canada
07/04/2013 07:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Night Owls Who Can't Wake Up in the Morning May Have a Longer Than 24-Hour Body Clock
Call it what you want. Not enough hours in day, man.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29750316
United States
07/04/2013 08:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
tounge
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42828396
United Kingdom
07/04/2013 08:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
I just feel dead tired in the middle of the day, but then become alert at night. One would think with the level of absolute exhaustion that I feel in the day that the only solution would be sleep, not staying up?
mopar28m

User ID: 14265444
United States
07/04/2013 08:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
I just feel dead tired in the middle of the day, but then become alert at night. One would think with the level of absolute exhaustion that I feel in the day that the only solution would be sleep, not staying up?
 Quoting: The Lump Under the Carpet

I do my best writing late at night. I hate getting up in the morning for work.

I'm also dead tired in the middle of the day.
vaccinefreehealth blogspot com

The risk far outweighs any benefit as the risk will vary from child to child.

facebook.com/graphixyourway
Prostetnik

User ID: 42813794
Canada
07/04/2013 08:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
I had a colleague who was diagnosed as having a 30 hour cycle. He took part in an experiment that placed him in a space where he slept and woke as he pleased and controlled the lighting. His natural cycle was 20 hours awake and 10 hours asleep. They tried to fix him with cycles of a drug called modafinil (sp?) and a hormone called melatonin. I do not know how well he did after the drug therapy was over, but it worked while he was on it.
Prostetnik

Canada
07/04/2013 08:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

Did you move to your current location from a different time zone?
Dug In

User ID: 42045979
United States
07/04/2013 08:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

you and me both sister

I can't stand getting up in the am but am wide awake at 11pm
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.

Bob Marley

“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.”
THOMAS PAINE (1737-1809)

Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. Bruce Lee
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
07/04/2013 08:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

Did you move to your current location from a different time zone?
 Quoting: Prostetnik

It's been like this in every time zone. I even moved to a time zone once that should have fit my schedule, but it was just the same thing as always after the jet lag wore off.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42828205
United States
07/04/2013 08:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cool! Now my wife can't bitch at me for sleeping in, I have an disorder!

Thank you science.5a
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33441592
United States
07/04/2013 08:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

How many hours do you sleep at a time?

I tend to sleep in four hour blocks. Just the way I have always been.

If I stick to my own clock and not mind a 24 hour clock, I tend to have longer days. So three of my logical days is actually five 24hr days.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
07/04/2013 08:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ah well, at least I'm not alone.

grouphug
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
07/04/2013 08:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

If I stick to my own clock and not mind a 24 hour clock, I tend to have longer days. So three of my logical days is actually five 24hr days.
 Quoting: Metatron Phi

I've always needed 10-12, closer to 12...
Which I never actually manage to get because I feel guilty about waking up at 4 pm.
Prostetnik

Canada
07/04/2013 08:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Metatron Phi

I read paper a while ago that suggest that before the regulation of our days by clocks, this 4 hour block sleep was actually normal.
PiecesOfMe

User ID: 9557683
United States
07/04/2013 08:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
I had a colleague who was diagnosed as having a 30 hour cycle. He took part in an experiment that placed him in a space where he slept and woke as he pleased and controlled the lighting. His natural cycle was 20 hours awake and 10 hours asleep. They tried to fix him with cycles of a drug called modafinil (sp?) and a hormone called melatonin. I do not know how well he did after the drug therapy was over, but it worked while he was on it.

I'd love to do something like that - minus someone trying to fix it with drugs. I'd just like to know what kind of a schedule I'm really on. I can go days with no sleep sometimes.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42820567
New Zealand
07/04/2013 08:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Only way I can sleep is listening to doom and gloom docos playing on my laptop while half-comatose on el-cheapo box wine.

The silence does my head in, and then the nightmares start
Southernwoman
User ID: 42340834
United States
07/04/2013 08:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have that problem. I'm 20 minutes late for work, almost every day.

I stay up until 2 quite often and have to be at work at 8.

I live 50 miles from work.

I have always chalked it up to the fact that I haven't has sex in 6 years.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
07/04/2013 08:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Only way I can sleep is listening to doom and gloom docos playing on my laptop while half-comatose on el-cheapo box wine.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 42820567

Ugh.
Nightmares don't help.
My mind is working overtime. There's no rest in sleep.
Either I'm fucking sleep walking or my mind is processing every single thing it has ever seen in the order it saw it. Probably both.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14673627
United States
07/04/2013 08:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
I love sleeping except for when it comes to naps, naps give me crazy dreams that I can't shake off for days. I hate getting up after sleeping, the bed is so cozy, my nest of pillows just right, realizing the love of my life is snoring beside me! Getting up after any sleep SUCKS!bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42101210
United Kingdom
07/04/2013 09:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
I worked out a long time ago that my day cycle is about 27hrs long.

Mornings are evil and should be made illegal. Consistently, I do my best work at night.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1550123
United States
07/04/2013 10:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Maybe you need something for your adrenals. When you have adrenal exhaustion you are very tired during the day and then wake up at night unable to sleep.
interesting
User ID: 18369676
United States
07/04/2013 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

I've never had a pro tell me this, but based on years of diligent observation of my own being.....(yeah. i'm gonna go ahead and trust myself.) I have this very thing myself.

I've said it for the last 5 years of my life after i figured it out. It sucks though. And yes I also agree, there ain't enough hours in a day :D
Prostetnik

Canada
07/04/2013 10:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Ugh.
Nightmares don't help.
Either I'm fucking sleep walking or my mind is processing every single thing it has ever seen in the order it saw it. Probably both.

Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea?
samanthasunflower

User ID: 37056712
United States
07/04/2013 11:06 PM

Report Abusive Post
Wonder if it's an inherited trait from having ancestors on another planet, that had a longer day?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42818943
United Kingdom
07/04/2013 11:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
I bet you've been fine as babies and children. I doubt its genetic. Its possible to manipulate your sleep patterns with great difference and different people take different determination. Some people who have have been required to stay up for 24 hours or longer may never reduce or gain hours to the pattern.
Usually with ordinary people theres no other reason than drugs, fear or a problem on the mind. In our modern days its only abuse or slavery that puts a working person out of a healthy sleeping pattern.
Children of the Atom

User ID: 20257839
United States
07/04/2013 11:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wonder if it's an inherited trait from having ancestors on another planet, that had a longer day?
 Quoting: samanthasunflower

Interesting thought.

I know for a fact my body's clock is more along the line of 32-36 hours.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1465884
United States
07/04/2013 11:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
At night I feel like a vampire
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
07/05/2013 07:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

Ugh.
Nightmares don't help.

Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea?

I don't snore, not fat, and I've video recorded myself sleeping to see if I was getting up in the middle of the night - all seems normal in the breathing area.
True
User ID: 42848980
United States
07/05/2013 07:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, i can't argue with that. Maybe the earth lost its orbit some time ago.

Maybe im a vampire!

Who knows.

Good on Madame Hsu. hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42848980
United States
07/05/2013 07:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Say "Aye" if you want a different work cycle

GLP