Glitch in the Matrix - Share Your Stories Here

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24806701
United States
03/21/2013 11:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Glitch in the Matrix - Share Your Stories Here
I remember thinking about the movie District 9 and wanting to watch it real bad. It was not on Netflixs and I dont own it...just kept staying in my mind all the time and I didn't have a way to watch it...other than buying it, which I almost did.
Boom...a few weeks go by and what do u know!...I'm at the gym running on the treadmill and here it was on tv!!! I was so excited!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5946229
United Kingdom
03/21/2013 11:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes the part where Neo fights Morpheous keeps skipping I think it's the dvd.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5946229

You wanna pop down Asda mate, got the trilogy for a fiver.....jobs a good'un
 Quoting: the_herbalist

A fiver I'll have some of that, dont know if I can be arsed watching the last 2 again though to be honest.
Scuba7
User ID: 10822620
Australia
03/22/2013 12:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Seems selfish if you can save the human race, yet sit back and watch the world suffer.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 140124

So you would rather I try, fail, and probably ruin my own life trying, just so you fuckwits can sit back and feed your egos?

Fuck that.

Humans deserve to experience hell.

Maybe then they will appreciate the Heaven of this place.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 140124
Canada
03/22/2013 02:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Had a weird flashback thinking about this today....

I clearly remember the first time I saw the film 'The Big Lebowski', I was about 19 and it was being shown on Channel 4 one night. Toward the end of the movie Walter was giving the eulogy for Donny and scattering the ashes, during which he starts talking about Vietnam. Afterwards he realises he has covered 'The Dude' with the ashes. Dude then goes on asking him what the hell etc etc and then says something along the lines of

"Walter, you're an, asshole, you weren't even in 'nam man!".

Now the second time (and subsequent viewings) this wasn't there despite the rest of the scene appearing intact.

I've tried googling it and managed to find that this was in the original script, but not filmed....or that I can find anyway.....

Anyone else have any info on this?

That quote is part of the movie I saw. Not sure what you're getting at? Maybe it was edited out for television, to shorten things up. They do that sometimes.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
03/22/2013 02:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Seems selfish if you can save the human race, yet sit back and watch the world suffer.

So you would rather I try, fail, and probably ruin my own life trying, just so you fuckwits can sit back and feed your egos?

Fuck that.

Humans deserve to experience hell.

Maybe then they will appreciate the Heaven of this place.
 Quoting: Scuba7 10822620

You've changed, my friend. You were so fun back when you were trying to be a pickup artist. Hehe
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9834739
United States
03/23/2013 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Neat topic, OP. Thanks.

I guess one of my favorites is one time I was working with a friend to get things ready for an event. We were running short of time and not quite ready, but we kept working, anyway.

An hour or two later, I kept thinking we had to be out of time. I checked and it was an hour or two earlier.....some way, we stretched time so that we got everything done on time. I mentioned it to her and she just smiled.

Another favorite of mine is when I first started seeing everything is programmed.

I used to get up early on Saturday mornings and pick up litter from my block. One morning, a strange and kinda scary looking person was walking toward me and looked very menacing. I realized I was scared and drawing this person toward me so I released the fear.

The person immediately seemed very nice and quit walking directly toward me and just passed by me. The change in the person happened exactly when I released the fear!

Yeah, it's all programmed!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32624790
Canada
03/24/2013 07:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Have you experienced a glitch in the matrix? Share your story here. Whether it be time line, deja vu, synchronicity, whatever. Tell your story here, no one will be condemned.

Idol1
the_herbalist

User ID: 36607184
United Kingdom
03/24/2013 07:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes the part where Neo fights Morpheous keeps skipping I think it's the dvd.

You wanna pop down Asda mate, got the trilogy for a fiver.....jobs a good'un

A fiver I'll have some of that, dont know if I can be arsed watching the last 2 again though to be honest.

Haha, I know what you mean. Occasionally you have to have a sesh though
We are not children of celestial fuckin' light, walkin' arm-in-arm into the Age of Aquarius. We are wankers who wreck the planet an' piss on each other, 'til half the world's starvin' an' the other half's busy findin' new ways to keep from noticin' it. That's the fuckin' limit've our potential, believe me.
:jcbanner:
the_herbalist

United Kingdom
03/24/2013 07:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

I clearly remember the first time I saw the film 'The Big Lebowski', I was about 19 and it was being shown on Channel 4 one night. Toward the end of the movie Walter was giving the eulogy for Donny and scattering the ashes, during which he starts talking about Vietnam. Afterwards he realises he has covered 'The Dude' with the ashes. Dude then goes on asking him what the hell etc etc and then says something along the lines of

Now the second time (and subsequent viewings) this wasn't there despite the rest of the scene appearing intact.

I've tried googling it and managed to find that this was in the original script, but not filmed....or that I can find anyway.....

That quote is part of the movie I saw. Not sure what you're getting at? Maybe it was edited out for television, to shorten things up. They do that sometimes.

It's not on the standard, special edition or collectors edition DVD, plus every time it's on TV again I watch it, it's not there though. I've tried googling but only found that about the script, no mention otherwise.....
Check it again if you can, it's weird!
We are not children of celestial fuckin' light, walkin' arm-in-arm into the Age of Aquarius. We are wankers who wreck the planet an' piss on each other, 'til half the world's starvin' an' the other half's busy findin' new ways to keep from noticin' it. That's the fuckin' limit've our potential, believe me.
mehitable
User ID: 1524722
United States
03/24/2013 07:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

It's not on the standard, special edition or collectors edition DVD, plus every time it's on TV again I watch it, it's not there though. I've tried googling but only found that about the script, no mention otherwise.....

I remember watching the movie on TV and hearing that line. Weird.
the_herbalist

United Kingdom
03/24/2013 07:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm glad it's not just me!

Couldn't see any clips of that scene with it intact, can't find it in the deleted scenes either.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21022932
United States
03/24/2013 07:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Synchronicity.

Law of Attraction.

Cool thread keep em coming.
VarianceX77

User ID: 31368617
United States
03/24/2013 07:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
I snapped and saw deja vu moments rush to my head all at once, started seeing people I have never met but I have seen them before, I saw places with multiple outcomes but I have been there and done that but not in real life, but most of all, nobody cares about the lie that keeps humanity divided. That we are all related. Either you do Satan's work by killing, stealing, and destroying, or you don't.

Either you repent of your murders, sorceries, thefts, and lies, or reality itself is going to swallow you up.

With treachery the traitors betray! You, too, will be betrayed. Who lives by the sword, shall perish by it.

Same shit different age. Nothing has changed from Exodus til now.
VarianceX77
VarianceX77

User ID: 31368617
United States
03/24/2013 07:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Synchronicity.

Law of Attraction.

Cool thread keep em coming.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21022932

Synchronicity can be Satanic or divine. Positive or negative. The two mimic each other. Just like how the truth can hurt, a lie can make you feel warm and fuzzy.
VarianceX77
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
03/28/2013 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

I will check it again. Curious.
Fracturion

User ID: 36876364
United States
03/28/2013 04:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

Last Edited by Altern on 07/14/2013 02:16 AM
PIN!occhia
User ID: 303520
United States
03/28/2013 04:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.osnanaimo.org] ...

This link was removed off my hard-drive everywhere it was posted. It's no longer a Favorite, nor in History, nor in Links.

You or someone you know may need it.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
03/28/2013 04:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.osnanaimo.org] ...

This link was removed off my hard-drive everywhere it was posted. It's no longer a Favorite, nor in History, nor in Links.

You or someone you know may need it.
 Quoting: PIN!occhia 303520

Sounds like you need it, bro.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28912132
United States
03/28/2013 04:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
I once had an glitch in the matrix. it happen when I went swimming in the ocean. I swam way out away from the shore an when i swam back I found out that I had teleported 2 miles down the shore.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
03/28/2013 04:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
I once had an glitch in the matrix. it happen when I went swimming in the ocean. I swam way out away from the shore an when i swam back I found out that I had teleported 2 miles down the shore.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28912132

Haha, good one. Not sure you completely understand how the ocean and tides, rip currents, etc. work, but maybe the architects were fucking with you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20177375
United States
03/28/2013 04:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
there are no glitches, only misunderstood laws.

Often lack of knowledge will manifest as something strange, relativity rules all, as the universe conserves energy at all times.

A Multidimensional being would appear to a muggle as a strange scratch noise on a record. All is already here, it is just a matter of opening up to it.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
03/31/2013 01:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
there are no glitches, only misunderstood laws.

Often lack of knowledge will manifest as something strange, relativity rules all, as the universe conserves energy at all times.

A Multidimensional being would appear to a muggle as a strange scratch noise on a record. All is already here, it is just a matter of opening up to it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20177375

Agree to disagree. It appears we all live in different realities, with different memories of events. Some are converging, some are diverging.

Thread: ---- ALTERNATE TIMELINE ---- How the hell is Nelson Mandela still alive????
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25196431
United States
03/31/2013 01:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
<======
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33560264
United States
03/31/2013 01:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think I know what you're looking for OP, you're wondering how many people noticed the last 2-3 shifts. You are doing damage control for the gumbit aren't you?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
03/31/2013 01:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think I know what you're looking for OP, you're wondering how many people noticed the last 2-3 shifts. You are doing damage control for the gumbit aren't you?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33560264

No dude. Look at all my past posts. I'm a pretty down to earth guy from Canada, like most of us here.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37102563
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
My girlfriend just dumped me!

Must be a fucking glitch!!

That wasn't supposed to happen surely??

Fkn bitch!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33560264

But I'm glad you noticed.

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16658516
Philippines
03/31/2013 03:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: TheSuperMarket

??

^^ it was a glitch in the matrix.
 Quoting: calx

It was a dot matrix.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22621726
Australia
03/31/2013 04:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
About 20 Years ago I was riding my Bike (Yamaha FJ1200) on the A20 in kent, As I approached a Junction A car shot out of it straight into me,

I Vividly remember Hitting the Road

Then I was re approaching the Junction, Switched lanes Just as the Car came shooting out, Narrowly missing me!!

Freaked the Fuck outta me
 Quoting: strange fellow

That's a cool story! I read a book that talked about this, it's one of my favourites, I have re read it a dozen times. It talks about near misses and that they are really re runs of the same moment. The person who was initially killed was given a choice whether they wished to come back or not. Those that choose to come back, return moments before the accident which then becomes a near miss! In actuality the soul has jumped realities, another "self" in an alternate reality. Mind boggling!

I had an experience just a few weeks ago where I had a "near miss". A car pulled out and I could see in my peripheral vision that it was heading straight for the side of my car, getting closer real fast, I braced for impact. I knew it had to hit me, it had nowhere to go. Then all went silent, I looked in my rear mirror and the other car was just sitting there, the driver looking at me. She was just as shocked as I was, it was almost as if her car went through mine! I had a weird feeling for sometime after, I know something out of the ordinary happened.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
03/31/2013 04:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
About 20 Years ago I was riding my Bike (Yamaha FJ1200) on the A20 in kent, As I approached a Junction A car shot out of it straight into me,

I Vividly remember Hitting the Road

Then I was re approaching the Junction, Switched lanes Just as the Car came shooting out, Narrowly missing me!!

Freaked the Fuck outta me
 Quoting: strange fellow

That's a cool story! I read a book that talked about this, it's one of my favourites, I have re read it a dozen times. It talks about near misses and that they are really re runs of the same moment. The person who was initially killed was given a choice whether they wished to come back or not. Those that choose to come back, return moments before the accident which then becomes a near miss! In actuality the soul has jumped realities, another "self" in an alternate reality. Mind boggling!

I had an experience just a few weeks ago where I had a "near miss". A car pulled out and I could see in my peripheral vision that it was heading straight for the side of my car, getting closer real fast, I braced for impact. I knew it had to hit me, it had nowhere to go. Then all went silent, I looked in my rear mirror and the other car was just sitting there, the driver looking at me. She was just as shocked as I was, it was almost as if her car went through mine! I had a weird feeling for sometime after, I know something out of the ordinary happened.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22621726

Interesting, what was the book title?

GLP