Why do women give FAKE NUMBERS?!?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 36820906
United States
03/30/2013 03:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Why do women give FAKE NUMBERS?!?
I thought the practice of giving out fake numbers was dead and gone...

Well apparently not so, and to the chick that did it; YOU DIDNT LOOK THAT GOOD ANYWAY.
Lex
User ID: 36773218
United States
03/30/2013 03:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why do women give FAKE NUMBERS?!?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 36556667
Canada
03/30/2013 03:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Generally speaking it would seem that a woman is more comfortable deceiving a man via giving him a fake number rather than respectfully and honestly declining them face-to-face. To be honest, most women are cowards and can't handle confrontation well. I didn't say ALL, I said MOST.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35233389
United States
03/30/2013 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
ha! I did that once when I was like 13.. and I did it because I didn't know how to turn him down.. but now ill just say I have a bf or something.. I just don't want to make the guy feel bad

herethere
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 499151
United States
03/30/2013 08:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Think about it, some big guy, one that can almost certainly kick your ass and rape you if he gets mad, comes up and suggests that you and he have a "date".

You don't particularly want a bad prison scene, so you try to make it seem like you're going along with him,long enough to escape.

True, it isn't needed most of the time, but not wanting confrontation with a giant creepy seeming person isn't being a coward overly. it's being smart.

If a little rough on all the innocent guys that just don't have great social skills.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23017670
United States
03/30/2013 08:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Never ask for a woman's your phone number. Offer to give her yours.

If you are cool, good looking, and interesting she will call. Plus it makes her feel like she is in control. If she calls you then act like you don't know who it is... BRIEFLY, then "remember" and invoke a great conversation which leads to a date.

If you are a super creep and you press her hard for her phone number like a douche then you get what you deserve.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 252372
United States
03/30/2013 08:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's just part of their "playing hard to get" strategy.

They give fake numbers to the guys they really like.

They hope the guy will try to find them.

Seriously. I kid you not.
Manny | ynnaM

User ID: 12730391
United States
03/30/2013 08:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29592840
United States
03/30/2013 08:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Think about it, some big guy, one that can almost certainly kick your ass and rape you if he gets mad, comes up and suggests that you and he have a "date".

You don't particularly want a bad prison scene, so you try to make it seem like you're going along with him,long enough to escape.

True, it isn't needed most of the time, but not wanting confrontation with a giant creepy seeming person isn't being a coward overly. it's being smart.

If a little rough on all the innocent guys that just don't have great social skills.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 499151

^^This.

We don't know if you are going to get angry at us or not if we tell you we are not interested in you to your face. And we don't want to end our evenings by being called a bitch or worse by someone who can't take rejection maturely. Yes, it's cowardly, but it's likely that you are alot stronger than us. So, in our minds it is self preservation. You may not be a psycho, but since we don't know you that well, how can we be certain?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28039530
United States
03/30/2013 08:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well apparently not so, and to the chick that did it; YOU DIDNT LOOK THAT GOOD ANYWAY.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 36820906

because they don't really like the guy, obviously
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 252372
United States
03/30/2013 08:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP,

If you ever run into her again, DO NOT give her any indication that you tried to call her. If she says "why didn't you call me", say "I lost your number, or "I met someone else".
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5359980
United States
03/30/2013 08:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why do you think?Either they don`t want to deal with the drama of the guy taking it wrong or they dont want to embarrass him in public.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25450407
United States
03/30/2013 08:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
For the same reason women stand up (flake on) guys ALL the time.

Modern women have absolutely NO manners and NO shame. Any man who trusts a modern (western) woman to be Honest is an idiot. For some reason even when it is easier to tell the Truth most will concoct some sort of complicated story (lie) so that they can PURPOSELY AVOID telling the Truth.
S.O.S.

User ID: 23245990
United States
03/30/2013 08:33 PM

Report Abusive Post
I think the numbers are real...it's just the sequence that is off a bit.... at least for you OP!

cruise

Sorry... don't mean to laugh at your misdialing.... I mean misfortune; however, most of us guys have been there.... except for me.
Govt (CIA/Army/Navy/KGB) docs in “Government Documents Admit Flat Earth” [link to youtu.be (secure)]

Globbers look up in trying to prove the world is a globe. They should be looking down at the Earth they stand on.

How stars work in the FE model: [link to www.bitchute.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10212141
United States
03/30/2013 08:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
For the same reason we block guys on facebook, we simply are not interested. Its not rocket science, fake number is a gentle way of us getting a head start on the not being interested signal. Eveytime I block a dude on my fb, xi deactivate for a few days so he can't find me under another name. Its called trying to be subtle, but in control of the situation. Why pretend to be interested if there is no attration or connection, theun you'd just be leading the guy on.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14965435
United States
03/30/2013 08:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 36820906

[link to www.comedycalls.com]

This can happen to you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33325207
United States
03/30/2013 09:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

I can understand a women wanting to feel safe but the words you use show where your paranoid mind is at. "escape"? "innocent guys that just don't have great social skills"? "prison scene"? Man, you must really think highly of yourself.

I think it is very clear that many women are out there playing games and snicker at some man they have judged as a "smuck". Also it is very clear that they take their time and chose men very selectively.

So the question is why anyone should ever feel sorry for them when they finally do choose some guy and it turns to crap? They were in control and made the choice to pick some bad guy and in the process treated many other good guys like hell. i think Karma just came around and bit them in the ass. They got what they put out there.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 499151
United States
03/30/2013 09:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

I can understand a women wanting to feel safe but the words you use show where your paranoid mind is at. "escape"? "innocent guys that just don't have great social skills"? "prison scene"? Man, you must really think highly of yourself.

I think it is very clear that many women are out there playing games and snicker at some man they have judged as a "smuck". Also it is very clear that they take their time and chose men very selectively.

So the question is why anyone should ever feel sorry for them when they finally do choose some guy and it turns to crap? They were in control and made the choice to pick some bad guy and in the process treated many other good guys like hell. i think Karma just came around and bit them in the ass. They got what they put out there.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33325207

My word choices were for you. I'm a man, so I framed it that way so that you could understand what women might be thinking.

Now, as to the last paragraph you wrote, it goes pretty far afield from the conversation.

Yes, everyone should always be nice and polite, but part of that is learning to understand that other people have reasons for what they do too.
Listen_n

User ID: 20805757
United States
03/30/2013 09:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33325207

Men can be so aggressive with women. Even the men who aren't so aggressive can still lurk in the distance and come after her when she leaves. If you watch any criminal law on TV that's all they show is normal decent looking men attacking raping and murdering women. Women are apprehensive of men out of caution. Men don't face a normal statistic of rape like women do. Women get raped all the time.

If some big burly guy and his friends came up and said gimme $5 or I'll kill you. Would u give him $5 just to get him off your back? Or would u say something u think may provoke him? Imagine not knowing which of those guys will torture and kill u cuz they all seem nice at first. It's a normal reaction to give someone what they want to avoid conflict, hurt feelings or a deadly ending.

Don't take it personally tho dude. She wasn't the one for u. That's for sure. Her loss. On to the next. :)
If we don't listen we will never hear the truth
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19124876
France
03/30/2013 09:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
wthread
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10212141
United States
03/31/2013 05:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
wthread
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19124876

Manly love.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9014106
Australia
03/31/2013 05:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's just part of their "playing hard to get" strategy.

They give fake numbers to the guys they really like.

They hope the guy will try to find them.

Seriously. I kid you not.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 252372

scream
nightvisiongoggles

User ID: 36711667
Philippines
03/31/2013 06:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
ha! I did that once when I was like 13.. and I did it because I didn't know how to turn him down.. but now ill just say I have a bf or something.. I just don't want to make the guy feel bad

herethere
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35233389

Apparently, nobody noticed this.

GLP