Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,113 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 784,764
Pageviews Today: 1,292,843Threads Today: 517Posts Today: 8,931
01:14 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Obama Goes Full Retard, Now Targeting Your FedEx And UPS Packages...

Saddletramp
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 740874
Puerto Rico
04/05/2013 01:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Obama Goes Full Retard, Now Targeting Your FedEx And UPS Packages...
4th Amendment...what 4th Amendment?!?!?

SNIP

The Obama administration is demanding the nation’s two biggest shipping companies police the contents of Americans’ sealed packages, and a FedEx spokesman is warning that the move “has the potential to threaten the privacy of all customers that send or receive packages.”

FedEx and UPS are in the Justice Department’s cross-hairs for not flagging shipments of illegally prescribed drugs the companies say they had no way of knowing were in their possession.

Criminal charges could be coming against the carriers, even though the government has not alleged any deliberate wrongdoing by the companies.

FedEx spokesman Patrick Fitzgerald said his company has a 40-year history of actively assisting the government crackdown on any criminal conduct, but he told WND this probe was very different from the start.

“What is unusual and really disturbing is it became clear to us along the way that FedEx was being targeted for some level criminal activity as it relates to these medicines that are being shipped from pharmacies, and we find it to be completely absurd because it’s really not our role,” Fitzgerald said. “We have no way of knowing what is legal and not within the packages that we’re picking up and delivering in this situation.”

“At the heart of the investigation are sealed packages that are being sent by, as far as we can tell, licensed pharmacies. These are medicines with legal prescriptions written by licensed physicians. So it’s difficult for us to understand where we would have some role in this. We are a transportation company that picks up and delivers close to 10 million packages every day. They are sealed packages, so we have no way of knowing specifically what’s inside and we have no interest in violating the privacy rights of our customers,” Fitzgerald said...

[link to www.wnd.com]

ochange

Last Edited by Saddletramp on 04/05/2013 02:06 PM
"And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods..." ~ Horatius

"Because he told the truth, and once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey..."

"We don't rent pigs!"
Saddletramp  (OP)

Puerto Rico
04/05/2013 01:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Obama Goes Full Retard, Now Targeting Your FedEx And UPS Packages...
I can attest to the truth of this, though FedEx is in fact also opening packages (even though they try to say they're not in the story) because two of my packages over the last two weeks or so, one postal service, and one FedEx, have been opened before I received them...

Last Edited by Saddletramp on 04/05/2013 01:51 PM
"And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods..." ~ Horatius

"Because he told the truth, and once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey..."

"We don't rent pigs!"
Saddletramp  (OP)

Puerto Rico
04/05/2013 01:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think they are targeting certain individuals with this shit actually...and I appear to be one of them!

"We don't rent pigs!"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17090286
United States
04/05/2013 01:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
I keep getting packages opened from those companies as well.
Saddletramp  (OP)

Puerto Rico
04/05/2013 02:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Chichinlitl, God of Doom

I'm writing my congressman and senators about this...

This is bullshit...

"We don't rent pigs!"
CeeLite

User ID: 37448665
United States
04/05/2013 02:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
It really sucks too when it's pet food and it's been fucked with. Pisses me off...
Saddletramp  (OP)

Puerto Rico
04/05/2013 02:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
It really sucks too when it's pet food and it's been fucked with. Pisses me off...
 Quoting: CeeLite

The most fucked up part about mine was one was just a book from Amazon, and it was clearly marked AMAZON! The FedEx package was a document envelope, with just a five page document inside, there were no bulges, nothing shaking around, so there was damn well no reason to open the envelope!

These fuck heads are just screwing with us now...

"We don't rent pigs!"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18676728
United States
04/05/2013 02:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

The worst used to be dhl it would be open and broken too.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17090286
United States
04/05/2013 02:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

This is bullshit...
 Quoting: Saddletramp

I always get it directly from the driver so I'm like "Why is my package open?" he's like... "Must have happened during shipping." I'm like "The tape is neatly cut as if with a sharp blade and then more tape is layered directly and unevenly on top of it...and it's exactly this way with all three packages" he's like "I don't know nothing about that."
Saddletramp  (OP)

Puerto Rico
04/05/2013 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

This is bullshit...

I always get it directly from the driver so I'm like "Why is my package open?" he's like... "Must have happened during shipping." I'm like "The tape is neatly cut as if with a sharp blade and then more tape is layered directly and unevenly on top of it...and it's exactly this way with all three packages" he's like "I don't know nothing about that."

Yeah my document envelope from FedEx was cut with a razor along the top then re-sealed with tape. But the pull strip to open the envelope was entact!

The drivers always just shrug when you ask them...

"We don't rent pigs!"
Saddletramp  (OP)

Puerto Rico
04/05/2013 02:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
I guess we're all just prison inmates that have to have our mail read and our packages examined now...

Or some third world Communist shit-hole where the Gestapo has to go through your mail to make sure your not being Seditious in any way...

Fucking Orwellian...

Last Edited by Saddletramp on 04/05/2013 02:14 PM

"We don't rent pigs!"
CeeLite

User ID: 37448665
United States
04/05/2013 02:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just got a horrible thought, combine this with what you posted about Safedeposit boxes, as well as other things, and you get justification to search homes without warrant. Bit by bit they are quickly going there.
BigBrownBear...
User ID: 27499712
United States
04/05/2013 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
WORK ON FIXING THE ECONOMY!!!
NOT THIS, NOT YOUR JUMP SHOT, NOT MAPPING THE BRAIN...
AT LEAST ACT LIKE YOU WANT TO SEE THE U.S. TURN THIS SHIP AROUND!
Saddletramp  (OP)

Puerto Rico
04/05/2013 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
FedEx and UPS should just form banks...then there would never be any criminal charges against them...

"We don't rent pigs!"
Heather
User ID: 37452202
United States
04/05/2013 02:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
BigBrownBear...
User ID: 27499712
United States
04/05/2013 05:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
WORK ON FIXING THE ECONOMY!!!
NOT THIS, NOT YOUR JUMP SHOT, NOT MAPPING THE BRAIN...
AT LEAST ACT LIKE YOU WANT TO SEE THE U.S. TURN THIS SHIP AROUND!

^^THIS^^
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27891632
United Kingdom
04/05/2013 02:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
LOL...OBAMA IS A GAY RETARD...

4th Amendment...what 4th Amendment?!?!?

SNIP

The Obama administration is demanding the nation’s two biggest shipping companies police the contents of Americans’ sealed packages, and a FedEx spokesman is warning that the move “has the potential to threaten the privacy of all customers that send or receive packages.”

FedEx and UPS are in the Justice Department’s cross-hairs for not flagging shipments of illegally prescribed drugs the companies say they had no way of knowing were in their possession.

Criminal charges could be coming against the carriers, even though the government has not alleged any deliberate wrongdoing by the companies.

FedEx spokesman Patrick Fitzgerald said his company has a 40-year history of actively assisting the government crackdown on any criminal conduct, but he told WND this probe was very different from the start.

“What is unusual and really disturbing is it became clear to us along the way that FedEx was being targeted for some level criminal activity as it relates to these medicines that are being shipped from pharmacies, and we find it to be completely absurd because it’s really not our role,” Fitzgerald said. “We have no way of knowing what is legal and not within the packages that we’re picking up and delivering in this situation.”

“At the heart of the investigation are sealed packages that are being sent by, as far as we can tell, licensed pharmacies. These are medicines with legal prescriptions written by licensed physicians. So it’s difficult for us to understand where we would have some role in this. We are a transportation company that picks up and delivers close to 10 million packages every day. They are sealed packages, so we have no way of knowing specifically what’s inside and we have no interest in violating the privacy rights of our customers,” Fitzgerald said...

[link to www.wnd.com]

ochange
davvi

User ID: 3677166
United States
04/05/2013 02:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can attest to the truth of this, though FedEx is in fact also opening packages (even though they try to say they're not in the story) because two of my packages over the last two weeks or so, one postal service, and one FedEx, have been opened before I received them...

Wow, this Marxist creep means business an this is change we can ummm... notice.

bdick3
Michigan Man

User ID: 35610176
United States
04/05/2013 03:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

This is bullshit...

As am I. Pure BS

bump
Weltsmertz

User ID: 32105718
United States
04/05/2013 03:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

This is bullshit...

Yep, same here. One package was from my Mom the other from 4corners phamacy. Clean cut tape then tape over it.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche

if I did not feel so sad as I look at them. Sad because they do not know the truth and I do know it. Oh, how hard it is to be the only one who knows the truth! But they won't understand that. No, they won't understand it."
--from The Dream of a Ridiculous Man (1877)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1326056
United States
04/05/2013 03:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
You quoted WND thwak
HairyNinja

User ID: 6498586
United States
04/05/2013 03:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just got a horrible thought, combine this with what you posted about Safedeposit boxes, as well as other things, and you get justification to search homes without warrant. Bit by bit they are quickly going there.
 Quoting: CeeLite

^^^ That was one of my first thoughts. As well as the Orwell comment, and the "open their own banks" comment almost dropped me with laughter. Thank you OP. Great thread.
TDJ

User ID: 20096408
United States
04/05/2013 03:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
If someone would have told me all of this 8-10 yrs ago I would have laughed at them and called them crazy. Now it seems it is happening and there's nothing we can do because they are all crooked and in on it. This really sucks. Where will we be in another 2-5 yrs?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.

Bob Marley

“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.”
THOMAS PAINE (1737-1809)

Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. Bruce Lee
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19138044
Latvia
04/05/2013 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just like the GLP poll the other day...that Talibama is going full chimp.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25374084
United States
04/05/2013 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
They're also policing the packages that have orm-d on them.

I don't know if they're reporting the ammunition deliveries to Homeland or other.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37424872
United States
04/05/2013 03:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Who's doing the actual opening/searching? It's not like fedex should foot the bill.

I think it's more a silkroad/buttcoin endrun.

Fun while it lasted...
Hard Eight

User ID: 35278639
United States
04/05/2013 03:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
bumpThings have sunk so low it can only get better, right?
Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.
Sam Houston

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

If you don't read the newspaper   
you are uninformed, if you do   
read the newspaper you are   
misinformed. -- Mark Twain

Giving money and power to   
government is like giving whiskey   
and keys to teenage boys.   
-- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 36714953
Canada
04/05/2013 03:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

This is bullshit...

Ya like writing them is gonna change anything!! You are a slave Neo, and until politicians and govt. and FBI, CIA, cops, judges, lawyers, corporations and any other corrupt agency or organizations have the Fear of God put in them or at the very least the fear of Mob put in them, they won't give a damn.

They think you are a worthless peon that can be pushed around, beaten and or killed all for their amusement. If you'll put up with having you and your loved ones felt up at airports or be subjected to mass doses of DNA destroying radiation, of course they are gonna be able to get away with this crap.

But go ahead write your letter see where that gets you. Probably on a DHS list as an agitator or an undesirable.
s. d. butler

User ID: 974819
United States
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Hard Eight

rofl
CtYankee

User ID: 30129105
United States
Report Abusive Post
I use FedEx when I fly for vacation....I send a "care" package of tomatoes to myself c/o the hotel.

Been doing it for ove 30 years

bonghit

Glad I don't fly anymore

Last Edited by CtYankee on 04/05/2013 03:15 PM
CtYankee

"If at first you don't succeed, erase all evidence that you tried." -anonymous

-Spouting a fountain of nonsense since 1972-

Never met anyone important enough to lie to.....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23317409
United States
04/05/2013 03:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Hard Eight

No

No matter how bad things are now, they can always get worse.

ochange
train

User ID: 37499774
United States
04/05/2013 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

This opening of packages must be something new. I retired from FedEx, and to open any package was a terminal offense.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you--You know your nation is doomed.
Ayn Rand

GLP