Canada
04/10/2013 02:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Unexplained Experiences You Remember As A Child
-early 80's
-playing with toy figures on floor of room
-consciously aware of "time slowing" down

Very hard to describe. I will answer "serious questions" regarding these experiences.

Looking for others to describe similar experiences or other things that happened to them as a child that they remember yet still to this day cannot explain.

1dunno1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25249468
United States
04/10/2013 02:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Unexplained Experiences You Remember As A Child
I remember time as child being slower in general. Days seemed like they went on forever. Now that I'm approaching 40, the days fly by. Even my kids seem to think the days go by fast now. The quickening? I don't know.
KIP  (OP)

User ID: 37635443
Canada
04/10/2013 02:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
I remember time as child being slower in general. Days seemed like they went on forever. Now that I'm approaching 40, the days fly by. Even my kids seem to think the days go by fast now. The quickening? I don't know.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25249468

I completely understand and agree with what you are describing.

This is, however, not what I was experiencing. What I experienced would last at random times, when alone, I would become "consciously" aware of what I could only determine, would be some sort of "time" dilation or something.

It was "real", like I observed the "space" in my room, "slow down?" yet I remain at "normal?" time speed.

Would seem to last for only last no longer than a minute.
YaRight

User ID: 32900491
United States
04/10/2013 02:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ok I got one. A friend and I were camping outside on a summer night we were laying on the glass just checking out the stars. Then something flow overhead it was metal and something else it seemed at the time it was about 20 ft over us. No sparks no light no noise. At the height and speed it was traveling is should have landed no farther than 50 foot away.
We jumped up ran towards it was headed to crash and never found anything

Last Edited by YaRight on 04/10/2013 02:41 PM
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 02:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ok I got one. A friend and I were camping outside on a summer night we were laying on the glass just checking out the stars. Then something flow overhead it was metal and something else it seemed at the time it was about 20 ft over us. No sparks no light no noise. At the height and speed it was traveling is should have landed no farther than 50 foot away.
 Quoting: YaRight

20ft, wow, that doesn't seem that high up. Could you describe it further? How large did this seem?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37806065
United Kingdom
04/10/2013 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ghosts!!!!!!

5a
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ghosts!!!!!!

5a
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37806065

You experienced "ghosts"? What type? Please explain.
Lemon

User ID: 810304
United States
04/10/2013 02:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
-early 80's

Very hard to describe. I will answer "serious questions" regarding these experiences.

Looking for others to describe similar experiences or other things that happened to them as a child that they remember yet still to this day cannot explain.

1dunno1
 Quoting: KIP

I have had "time slow" for me a few times. Athletes somtimes call it a Peak performance / peak experience.

Playing football time slowed to a point where the ball almost stopped in the air; I jumped an grabbed it, turned and ran. (interception returned for a touchdown). I was beat by 5 yards. To the people watching, it looked like I took a desperate leap & the ball jsut stuck to my hand.
**I'm all out of bubblegum
CriticalThinking

User ID: 9222520
United States
04/10/2013 02:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
I had something like this as a child and while growing up. The closest thing I could find to "Describe" it is "Alice in Wonderland Syndrome"... to sum it up, its a distortion in your perception of depth. It's a weird feeling/experience, but it didn't really scare me. I was more curious than anything.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1816481
United States
04/10/2013 02:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Absolutely I came home from school one day and naturally being a latchkey kid I was alone. I was watching TV eating junk etc when I hear five loud bangs. I run upstairs and some how I know the bangs are coming from my parents room the closet is open so I shut it. I turn around and their is a little girl in pigtails sitting on my parents bed. She says "I live in the wall" and I say "what in the hell are you doing in here?" I thought she was a legitimate human until she faded right in front of me. I couldn't even scream I hauled ass down the steps out the door. I went to my neighbors house and called my parents who didn't believe me. She still haunts my dreams and I am now 27....only now she looks like a rotting corpse. In one of the dreams she was sitting in the tailgate of my truck I just don't know what the connection is.
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 02:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
-early 80's

1dunno1

I have had "time slow" for me a few times. Athletes somtimes call it a Peak performance / peak experience.

Playing football time slowed to a point where the ball almost stopped in the air; I jumped an grabbed it, turned and ran. (interception returned for a touchdown). I was beat by 5 yards. To the people watching, it looked like I took a desperate leap & the ball jsut stuck to my hand.
 Quoting: Lemon

So, in some instances, this "phenomenon" can be explained by "adrenalin"? as when some experience a heightened "awareness" before a car crash and time seems to slow?

This I can understand, but my experience didn't occur during any "dangerous" circumstances. Everything was calm, I was just playing quietly alone in my room but experienced this same type of time "dilation".
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 02:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
I had something like this as a child and while growing up. The closest thing I could find to "Describe" it is "Alice in Wonderland Syndrome"... to sum it up, its a distortion in your perception of depth. It's a weird feeling/experience, but it didn't really scare me. I was more curious than anything.
 Quoting: CriticalThinking

This sounds like a very interesting lead. I will see what I can find on it. Do you happen to have any links or videos explaining it more.

Thanks for sharing.
Jynger

User ID: 3450661
United States
04/10/2013 02:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
When I was 9 years old I remember my dad waking me up one morning to ask me if he could listen to my radio. I thought it was weird because why would he need to ask permission? I fell back asleep. I don't know how long I was out before I was awakened by my radio playing - VERY LOUDLY. It startled me. I flew out of the bed and ran to turn it off. When my mom asked me what happened - I told her that my dad did it. She thought I dreamed it because he was out of town!

Till this day, I still freak out a little because I cannot explain what happened. I would swear my life that my dad asked me to listen to my radio.

1dunno1

Last Edited by SuchaStrangeGirl on 04/10/2013 02:59 PM
If Beaker was a flesh and blood man, I'd date him.
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 02:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Absolutely I came home from school one day and naturally being a latchkey kid I was alone. I was watching TV eating junk etc when I hear five loud bangs. I run upstairs and some how I know the bangs are coming from my parents room the closet is open so I shut it. I turn around and their is a little girl in pigtails sitting on my parents bed. She says "I live in the wall" and I say "what in the hell are you doing in here?" I thought she was a legitimate human until she faded right in front of me. I couldn't even scream I hauled ass down the steps out the door. I went to my neighbors house and called my parents who didn't believe me. She still haunts my dreams and I am now 27....only now she looks like a rotting corpse. In one of the dreams she was sitting in the tailgate of my truck I just don't know what the connection is.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1816481

I'm sure this still haunts you to this day. Have you ever tried any type of communication with her? Seems she was or still is trying to communicate something to you.
YaRight

United States
04/10/2013 03:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

20ft, wow, that doesn't seem that high up. Could you describe it further? How large did this seem?

Maybe 2 foot by 2 foot and oddly shaped with what looked like chrome on it and another material

It was so weird to this day I can still picture it in my minds eye
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 03:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
When I was 9 years old I remember my dad waking me up one morning to ask me if he could listen to my radio. I thought it was weird because why would he need to ask permission? I fell back asleep. I don't know how long I was out before I was awakened by my radio playing - VERY LOUDLY. It startled me. I flew out of the bed and ran to turn it off. When my mom asked me what happened - I told her that my dad did it. She thought I dreamed it because he was out of town!

Till this day, I still freak out a little because I cannot explain what happened. I would swear my life that my dad asked me to listen to my radio.

1dunno1
 Quoting: Jynger

Of course I can't answer this for sure, but my first immediate thoughts would be that you were missing your father being that he was away, it became apart of your dream and during that part of sleep where we're half awake/half not was when you experienced this. You may have, unaware to yourself, turned the radio on and fell back asleep. Just my honest thoughts.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16178844
United States
04/10/2013 03:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
I once had a Heman toy case turn around on me. Heard a noise looked and saw it while it was turning. Like someone grabbed the head and turn it. I was 8 or 9 at the time.
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 03:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

Maybe 2 foot by 2 foot and oddly shaped with what looked like chrome on it and another material

Did your friend also witness it or did you only see it?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37569246
United States
04/10/2013 03:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
I once took a dump in my hand and threw it at my friend.

To this day I still don't know why.

5acrazynutkickanother do
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1816481
United States
04/10/2013 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

I'm sure this still haunts you to this day. Have you ever tried any type of communication with her? Seems she was or still is trying to communicate something to you.

Well in another dream I was driving up on an intersection near my home and she was standing in the middle with her hand out for me to stop. I did and she told me she was killed by a drunk driver and the driver left the scene. I did some research and never found any evidence that proves that she ever existed.
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 03:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
I once had a Heman toy case turn around on me. Heard a noise looked and saw it while it was turning. Like someone grabbed the head and turn it. I was 8 or 9 at the time.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16178844

Pretty freaky indeed. Any other things happen to you around this time?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21548336
United States
04/10/2013 03:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was maybe 8yo walking through the park at night with a full moon, something like a giant mosquito flew at me and hit my neck... I batted it off, and as it flew away, I saw it's 4 inch needle nose shooting my blood into the air in a arch against the full moon. It was the size of a bird, but it was not a bat. It looked like a giant insect.

anonstoner
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
I once took a dump in my hand and threw it at my friend.

To this day I still don't know why.

5acrazynutkickanother do
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37569246

Research MKUltra.
Jynger

User ID: 3450661
United States
04/10/2013 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

1dunno1

Of course I can't answer this for sure, but my first immediate thoughts would be that you were missing your father being that he was away, it became apart of your dream and during that part of sleep where we're half awake/half not was when you experienced this. You may have, unaware to yourself, turned the radio on and fell back asleep. Just my honest thoughts.

I did not know he was out of town at the time. That is why I was shocked. My radio wasn't in the same room I was sleeping in - so I could not have turned it on. The hair is standing on my arms just thinking about it. The sensation is sinister.
If Beaker was a flesh and blood man, I'd date him.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6038309
Australia
04/10/2013 03:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
when i was a kid i seen auras around people, i was always looking at my hand and sticking my hand out people would always ask what i am doing, i said i was looking at the colour that is around my hands
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 03:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well in another dream I was driving up on an intersection near my home and she was standing in the middle with her hand out for me to stop. I did and she told me she was killed by a drunk driver and the driver left the scene. I did some research and never found any evidence that proves that she ever existed.

Awesome that you further investigated it. Do these dreams or visions still occur?
YaRight

United States
04/10/2013 03:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Did your friend also witness it or did you only see it?

We both saw it and jump right up running to see where it landed, this was in a small neighborhood so it would have been impossible not crash where we could see or it would have hit a home and we would have heard that. We even checked the next day and found nothing
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 03:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was maybe 8yo walking through the park at night with a full moon, something like a giant mosquito flew at me and hit my neck... I batted it off, and as it flew away, I saw it's 4 inch needle nose shooting my blood into the air in a arch against the full moon. It was the size of a bird, but it was not a bat. It looked like a giant insect.

anonstoner
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21548336

I heard similar things from people talking about a large type of dragonfly that would do this.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37799508
Australia
04/10/2013 03:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Went through a phase of intense deja vu experiences. Time seemed to stop but only for me. Stuff was happening around me and I knew what would happen next, or what someone would say next. I was six or seven. I'd ask other kids if they were experiencing the same thing, but they didn't know what I meant and my parents' explanations weren't convincing

One or two episodes of everything slowing right down. Extreme slow motion. People's faces in particular and their voices, which of course sounded weird and scary. Their mouths were in slow motion and their heads were magnified in size. Their voices sounded like vinyl records played at incorrect slow speed, although I only realised that later when I heard records played at slow speed. I was about six years of age when these experiences occurred

Strange episode once or twice where on the screen of my mind I saw large spheres rolling very slowly across the 'screen'. They made a sound similar to bowling balls, although I didn't hear bowling balls in reality until many years later. The balls were pale in colour. They rolled from right to left. Then the screen of my mind became filled with something messy and noisy, similar to the black and white fuzz that used to be on early tv, between transmissions. In amongst the black and white fuzz I could hear frantic engine sounds, similar to what you'd hear at a motorbike race. Then 'switch' and it was back to the spheres rolling majestically and quietly across again. Then more black and white fuzz and frantic motor sounds again, etc. Switched back and forth several times. I was about four at the time. I'd never seen tv or bowling balls or been to motorbike racing. Left a deep impression on me, obviously, as it was close to 60 years ago

Waiting for tea one evening, staring into the open fire. I was four or five. Saw 'myself' on what I later discovered was a galley (old type of ship). It was night. We'd docked at a stone harbour and were glad the voyage was over. 'I' felt overjoyed to be home again. I looked up the hillside which rose from the shore. Many houses, rising up the hillside. Lights inside. I could see my parents' house, high up. Lights inside revealed the arches all across the front. I knew they were waiting for me and had arranged a celebration for my return. 'I' was a young man. Fair, curling hair, bare chested, tanned, strong. In reality I was a little girl in the north of England who knew nothing of galleys or harbours or the scene I'd 'seen' while staring into the fire, yet all were shown in infinite detail during the vision, including the bustle of the harbour, the myriad objects in the galley and on shore, numerous other people, etc.

Last one. A dream or vision, I don't know which. Again, I was four or five in real life. In the dream I was standing in a town. High above me rose tall buildings. Their windows were black, dead. No one around. Just me and the tall, deserted buildings. I was puzzled by what I was seeing. Then, a moment later, I saw (still in the same dream) a small child crouched near a filthy puddle of water. Dramatic, highly coloured sky, mostly red colours. Nearby, a man and woman I didn't know were holding each other. They were sad. It seemed they were saying goodbye. I was sad because I had no-one. Next, I turned and looked at the landscape. Everything was barren, destroyed. And smoking or steaming. In the distance was a large town or city. Between the crouching child (possibly myself) was a lone tree. It was blackened and dead. From my adult perspective now, it was a destroyed and burned landscape - the world was destroyed. At the time, in reality, I was a small child living in a tiny village. I'd never seen any building taller than two storeys high. I'd never seen tall buildings like those in the dream, which now would be referred to as high-rise. I'd never seen a blackened landscape or a city or felt the utter desolation of the scene I'd witnessed

As I grew older I continued to experience unusual phenomena and have done so, spontaneously and at irregular intervals, lifelong
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 03:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

1dunno1

I did not know he was out of town at the time. That is why I was shocked. My radio wasn't in the same room I was sleeping in - so I could not have turned it on. The hair is standing on my arms just thinking about it. The sensation is sinister.

God, I hate when I get that "chilling" feeling. Not sure what it could mean, then. Un-nerving to say the least.
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 03:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
when i was a kid i seen auras around people, i was always looking at my hand and sticking my hand out people would always ask what i am doing, i said i was looking at the colour that is around my hands
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6038309

I think that is completely "awesome". Are you still able to see these?

GLP