Unexplained Experiences You Remember As A Child

Krix

User ID: 37797272
United Kingdom
04/10/2013 03:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Unexplained Experiences You Remember As A Child
As a young child I woke up in the night to see two strangers is the best way I can describe though were strange looking. The were standing next to my bed. I was very frightened and asked them who they were to which they replied don.t be afraid, we won't hurt you, go back to sleep.
Strangest thing is it happened the night after as well, I still remember this vividly though I am a granny now. Also I remember going to bed one night, blinking and it was morning.....strange..
Live and let live.
KIP  (OP)

User ID: 37635443
Canada
04/10/2013 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
As a young child I woke up in the night to see two strangers is the best way I can describe though were strange looking. The were standing next to my bed. I was very frightened and asked them who they were to which they replied don.t be afraid, we won't hurt you, go back to sleep.
Strangest thing is it happened the night after as well, I still remember this vividly though I am a granny now. Also I remember going to bed one night, blinking and it was morning.....strange..
 Quoting: Krix

Interesting.... Did these "strangers" appear dark like shadows or could you make out more solid textures/shapes/physical aspects of them?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37789672
United States
04/10/2013 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Trying to remember back to before I was born.

I even got my mother to figure up exactly how many days I had been alive and focused on remembering each day, then the day before and marking them off.

I would feel totally mental sharing this but
Bill Nelson [link to en.wikipedia.org]
had a similar experience, so it may be somewhat common.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37799508
Australia
04/10/2013 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I often wonder why strange things like this happen to us as a child. Things that are totally unexplainable.

-----------------

They happen to our children, too

Sometimes they tell us and sometimes not
Krix

United Kingdom
04/10/2013 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

Interesting.... Did these "strangers" appear dark like shadows or could you make out more solid textures/shapes/physical aspects of them?
 Quoting: KIP

They were very physical as I remember.. and I was very frightened.
Live and let live.
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Trying to remember back to before I was born.

I even got my mother to figure up exactly how many days I had been alive and focused on remembering each day, then the day before and marking them off.

Quoting: zenobiaphobia

Thanks for the link and don't feel "mental" One of the few freedoms we may still have.
Krix

United Kingdom
04/10/2013 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

I know this sounds stupid but I didn't think they were human though resembled humans.
Live and let live.
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 04:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
I often wonder why strange things like this happen to us as a child. Things that are totally unexplainable.

-----------------

They happen to our children, too

Sometimes they tell us and sometimes not
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37799508

You are sooooo soooo right. These things we do seem to forget. As they have happened to us, they will happen to our children also. Yet we get so preoccupied in our daily lives, (mostly by no fault of our own) we tend to overlook things they do share and tell us.

We need to "ALWAYS" listen to our children.
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Around this time, do you remember any vivid "dreams"?
INK3

User ID: 36907356
United States
04/10/2013 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
As a Child 5/6 watched a Locked door Unlock, Open/Close and relock
 Quoting: strange fellow

For some reason, that's the scariest thing I've read in this thread (not trying to rhyme).
"When tyrants tremble in their fear, and hear their death knell ringing,
When friends rejoice both far and near, how can I keep from singing"

page7
strange fellow

User ID: 33083220
United Kingdom
04/10/2013 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

For some reason, that's the scariest thing I've read in this thread (not trying to rhyme).
 Quoting: INK3

At the time it felt almost Natural
Read a book- Dumbass
 Quoting: Alex A Madison

"If I have to lose one of my senses, let it be my sense of impending doom."
 Quoting: Raving Lunatic 0

1984 was NOT meant as an Instruction Manual
Krix

United Kingdom
04/10/2013 04:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

To be honest as a young child I was always terrified of going to bed and insisted on having my door wide open. If my parents switched out the landing light I could sometimes lay awake most of the night petrified and would be afraid to go across the landing to the toilet. I still am not convinced this experience was a dream as it has always remained so vivid in my memory and it happened the following night as well though never again. I have only ever told my eldest Daughter about this as always felt too stupid.
Live and let live.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37811231
Spain
04/10/2013 04:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
I remember once I was about 7/8 I winked at this person on the TV and the person smiled and winked back at me
damned blew my mind
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 04:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

To be honest as a young child I was always terrified of going to bed and insisted on having my door wide open. If my parents switched out the landing light I could sometimes lay awake most of the night petrified and would be afraid to go across the landing to the toilet. I still am not convinced this experience was a dream as it has always remained so vivid in my memory and it happened the following night as well though never again. I have only ever told my eldest Daughter about this as always felt too stupid.

It is true. We all do feel ashamed or embarrassed when these things happen in fear of public ridicule. Sad but true. I believe your experiences were "real". There is more that goes on all around us that we are definitely either not aware of, not being told of, or simply cannot understand with the very limited perception we have in these corporeal bodies.
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 04:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
I remember once I was about 7/8 I winked at this person on the TV and the person smiled and winked back at me
damned blew my mind
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37811231

Synchronicity is awesome, isn't it?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37811752
Australia
04/10/2013 04:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bill Nelson Trying to remember back to before I was born.

Quoting: zenobiaphobia

Dr. Helen Wambach hypnotised a large number of volunteers (university students, mostly) in an auditorium. Afterwards, they were required to complete a questionnaire, noting which time frame they'd regressed to - what clothing they wore - what sort of eating utensils they'd used and the type of foods they'd eaten, etc.

When the data was analysed, Wambach discovered those who, under hypnosis, had experienced/remembered past lives, had fallen into approx. 51% female and approx. 49% male, which is something which as remained unchanged throughout time

Because people of past eras were often illiterate, many tended to estimate 'time' in terms of which king/ruler was on the throne, or dated their lives in accordance with which war was current, etc., Wambach was able to contrast the various eras with the clothing people said they'd worn and which utensils they'd used in their past life. And interestingly, they matched. For example, if a person stated in the questionnaire that they'd lived in the time of King-X, for example, their description of their clothing and eating utensils conformed with the era of King-X's rule (remembering that cutlery is a relatively modern thing. People of past eras used their hands and shared bowl, for instance, or used simply a knife, or a two, three or four pronged fork. Dating an era by the cutlery used is relatively accurate)

For me, the most interesting and unsettling aspect of Dr. Wambach's experiments re: past lives is the claim of many volunteers who claimed they had been highly reluctant to enter their physical body when they were born into this, their current life. Some claimed they hadn't taken possession of their physical body until very shortly before birth. Others said they'd only entered their physical body at the time of birth, or shortly afterwards. Some claimed they had not entered their physical body until several weeks or even months after birth. And at least one said they hadn't entered their physical body until as late as two years after birth

An obsession with tracing back one's occupancy of one's body might be explained by the fact a person's subconscious may be aware of 'missing time' as could be explained by those of Wambach's volunteers who claimed they hadn't taken possession of their body for considerable time after birth, perhaps. And of course, it raises questions as to just 'who/what' was substituted during the time the intended entity remained AWOL ? Did the parents notice their child's personality altered, we wonder, after the exchange between the substitute entity and the 'real' but tardy personality

If the individual hadn't volunteered participation in Wambach's past-life regressions, would they ever have known they had spent months or years 'elsewhere' instead of googing and smiling at their adoring parents?

And just as interestingly - where did the substitute go after it relinquished the body to the incoming entity?
Anonymous Coward
Spain
04/10/2013 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
damned blew my mind
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37811231

Synchronicity is awesome, isn't it?

I dunno what that was..damnedI remember after that I wouldnt change clothes in front of the TV...

Ive never forgotten that..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29068101
France
04/10/2013 04:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can remember this experience as if it was yesterday.

I was sitting on my bed looking at the window of my bedroom, the view was a hill. Suddenly I remember seeing a orb of light at the top of the hill. Then I fall like asleep, I woke up but can't remember anything nor a dream nor vision it was like if I was off for minutes, the last thing I can perfectly remember is this kind of ufo orb.
Krix

United Kingdom
04/10/2013 04:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

It is true. We all do feel ashamed or embarrassed when these things happen in fear of public ridicule. Sad but true. I believe your experiences were "real". There is more that goes on all around us that we are definitely either not aware of, not being told of, or simply cannot understand with the very limited perception we have in these corporeal bodies.

I agree with you, many things have happened in my life which have been unexplainable but this experience seems to be the beginning as far as I am aware. Thanks for your interest, you obviously have had similar experiences because of your understanding.
Live and let live.
T-Cain

User ID: 34857910
United States
04/10/2013 04:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
About 6 or 8. Language slippages. I'd hear people speaking as if English was an unknown tounge to me.
Briefly, I couldn't understand anything they were saying.
Anonymous Coward
Spain
04/10/2013 04:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was rather neglected and unloved as a child . One night after having put myself to bed and having shed a few tears , I looked across the room and there was a huge shining cross on the wall. Did not hear anything , I checked the windows to see if it was coming from outside , it was dark and nothing to cause it . I lay in bed looking at it until I fell asleep . That was long ago , but I have never doubted His love and that there is an awareness of our individual lives , especially the tears of children .
hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37629054

hugs that must have been a difficult childhoodhf
INK3

User ID: 36907356
United States
04/10/2013 04:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: INK3

At the time it felt almost Natural

If you weren't scared, maybe it was your Nan.
"When tyrants tremble in their fear, and hear their death knell ringing,
When friends rejoice both far and near, how can I keep from singing"

page7
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/10/2013 04:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
About 6 or 8. Language slippages. I'd hear people speaking as if English was an unknown tounge to me.
 Quoting: T-Cain

My kids seem to suffer from this quite frequently (just kidding, I couldn't resist)

Seriously though, this is interesting as I have heard about it before. First thing that came to mind was regarding the past life experiment in a few posts above. It would make sense in that context.
roosterCrow

User ID: 743979
United States
04/10/2013 04:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
In 1974 I was 4 years old and went outside to swing on the swing set. I looked up and saw an orb just floating in the air. It looked like a giant pearl. It seemed like I just sat staring at it for a while then realized it was not natural. I got scared and ran in the house. I couldn't tell you what it was or if it was even a real memory, but I remember it just as described.

I didn't have an experience like that again until I was in the Navy in the 90's. I was assigned Port Pilot House watch aboard the USS Frank Cable on a trip up the east coast to Halifax Nova Scotia. I was looking down at the Porpoises swimming along side the ship when I noticed a greenish glowing light moving diagonal from Starboard bow toward the port aft of the ship. If I had to guess, it was about 20 - 30 feet below the surface and looked to be about 20 feet in diameter. I knew we had subs running with us but couldn't think of what on a sub I would be seeing. I didn't report it because I didn't know what it could have been and didn't want to report something that would get me listed as nuts. I still don't know what it could have been.

I've never been much into the UFO culture, but I can't pass off what I saw as natural phenomena.
strange fellow

United Kingdom
04/10/2013 04:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
I researched shadow people a few years back after my son had a Series of Night terrors, seeing shadow people...

THAT scared the fuck outta me
Read a book- Dumbass

T-Cain

User ID: 34857910
United States
04/10/2013 04:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: T-Cain

My kids seem to suffer from this quite frequently (just kidding, I couldn't resist)

Seriously though, this is interesting as I have heard about it before. First thing that came to mind was regarding the past life experiment in a few posts above. It would make sense in that context.

Hmmm. Don't know if I believe in that whole past life thing.
Maybe it was faulty wiring in my brain where the language center is. It was very strange. It has never happened after those ages.
2012Portal
2012Portal - Mayan Beyond 2012

User ID: 566027
Netherlands
04/10/2013 05:01 PM

Report Abusive Post
Was the passenger in a 69' Cutlass, years ago. My friend went down this hill and into this wicked curve, which we all knew well, way too fast.

Time suddenly slowed to a crawl, as did the motion, till we cleared the cusp of the curve and he regained full control. Must have lasted 4 or 5 seconds. Was a complete trip out. Had The Cult jamming at the time.

I swear that in an alternate timeline, we crashed.
From the love of power to the power of Love - My camera and video gear:
[link to graphicstart.com]
--- --- ---
"Jesus Christ, the Son of God our Savior"
Shadowdog
User ID: 35582792
United States
04/10/2013 05:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
When I was 5 I started kidergarden. Our teacher was young and pretty. My mom really liked her. She seemed really kind until nap time. We all had a rug we had to lay on and take a nap. Thats when she turned into a monster. She would tell us to lay down and not open our eyes or she would get out her electric paddle. I would lay there and not dare open my eyes. Everday i would hear her grab kids and something making noise and the kid crying. I would lay there wanting to look so bad to see what was happening but i was to terrified. I hated nap time and feared it everyday. I finally told my mom about the electric paddle and the cries everyday and how scared i was. She just laughed and said miss Ash would not do anything like that. I told my mom seeral times about this but she jus always laughed it off. It has always haunted me as it went onthe whole year. It never happened to me but i feared everyday it would. To this day i do not know what the hell was going on.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34963435
United States
04/10/2013 05:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was probably about 3, was standing in my grandparents family room, the kitchen was right across from where I was standing, there was this glass white dog standing on the table and then it suddenly jumps down, runs over to me and starts biting my hands. I didn't feel any pain but it did scare me, probably why I was scared of dogs my entire childhood, and I still am. And while the "dog" was biting me, my grandmother was sitting in a chair on the other side of the family room reading a newspaper like she didnt even notice it was happening, idk if that whole experience was a dream, hallucination or what.
strange fellow

United Kingdom
04/10/2013 05:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Was the passenger in a 69' Cutlass, years ago. My friend went down this hill and into this wicked curve, which we all knew well, way too fast.

Time suddenly slowed to a crawl, as did the motion, till we cleared the cusp of the curve and he regained full control. Must have lasted 4 or 5 seconds. Was a complete trip out. Had The Cult jamming at the time.

I swear that in an alternate timeline, we crashed.
 Quoting: 2012Portal

Had one like that Was on my m/cycle heading to the Girlfriends and as I approached a Junction a car came screaming out hitting me, I Remember hitting the Ground and the feeling of the Impact

Next thing I'm re-approaching the Junction , SWITCHED Lanes as a Car came Screaming out Barely missing me!!

Fucking Freaky....
Read a book- Dumbass

GLP