Unexplained Experiences You Remember As A Child

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37344075
United Kingdom
04/12/2013 08:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Unexplained Experiences You Remember As A Child
I levitated as a 4 year old child sat cross-legged in front of the television. Had forgotten about it mostly until a few years ago. My mother recalls me running into the kitchen after it happened to tell her about it though I didn't know or recognise it as levitation was until many years later.

I do remember my mind being completely ablank in a state that I dont ever recall having since, maybe a trance like state.

I rose several feet off the ground above the television towards the ceiling and was completely in a daze during the event. Whole experience lasted maybe around 20 or 30 seconds I would estimate.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37344075

Wow, incredible!
 Quoting: 2012Portal

Yeah, maybe it means I'm the Nobody.

damned

I've hopelessly tried to do it again as an adult, but no go. It definitely happened though even as mad as it sounds.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7901708
United Kingdom
04/12/2013 08:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have seen a ghost, or a jinn as they're referred to in my culture. It was in my early teens, I came home from school, munched on some food and went upstairs to speak to my mum. I reached the top of the stairs, when this blurry figure came out from my mum's room [as one come's out my mum's room, this leads to one standing in front of my room door]. So I'm about 1.5 metres away from this thing, as it stood in front of my door. I freaked, my body went into auto response mode which was to curl downwards and hide my face. May sound funny, but I was genuinely shitting myself. At the time of this "body curl" I shouted for my mum, who came. I looked up again from this curled position, and it was gone.

There's been other events but I have no recollection, hence was told about these at an older age. One, my mum used to hear things, like voices talking to her. This was in a different house. And I was very very young. I've been told they would be aggressive voices at times. Secondly, my aunt [mum's sister] got possessed. Don't think I was born around that time.
GreenMess
User ID: 35822154
Australia
04/12/2013 08:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hey, conspiracy dudes and dudettes, I almost hesitate to ask on a site like this, but is it normal for a low overhead and hovering helicopter to cause head vibrations/buzzing? I imagine a bed would vibrate a little, and if you're lying down, you could feel some of those vibrations, yes?
TheTruthMonger

User ID: 34156188
United States
04/12/2013 08:32 AM

Report Abusive Post
-early 80's
-playing with toy figures on floor of room
-consciously aware of "time slowing" down

Very hard to describe. I will answer "serious questions" regarding these experiences.

Looking for others to describe similar experiences or other things that happened to them as a child that they remember yet still to this day cannot explain.

1dunno1
 Quoting: KIP

1) Visiting family in the mountains, lying in bed with grandmother at night - in the far distance a door with a window becomes visible with smoke, fog, whatever emanating from behind it and from underneath the door. The door creaks open , grandmother shields me from viewing the sight - it goes away.....I was 4 or 5.

2) A different grandmother passes away - she was a lifelong diabetic and passed away after years of being on bed rest without an arm and without two legs. A day after she dies i have a dream that she comes to me with both legs and her arm intact , with the happiest look on her face, she grabs my hands and we dance, then tears of joy fall from her face. I was 4.

3) Lying in bed as a young teenager (10 - 11) , a lit torch passes across the window to my bedroom. It lit up the room. I look outside to investigate ---- nothing.

Last Edited by TheTruthMonger™ on 04/12/2013 08:34 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33270695
United States
04/12/2013 08:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here's an odd one.

As a child I remember looking out of the window of the car and seeing "scratches", three of them in the sky, like a cat had scratched a canvas. The sky was bright blue, no clouds, and the lines were jagged and BLACK. They weren't thick or very long. But I remember staring at them for several minutes, and we changed directions and I had to squeeze my head between her seat and the passenger side window to keep looking at them. It wasn't in the glass. I stared at the out of two windows.

My mom yelled at to sit back. I guess I was pushing her seat, I didn't sit back, I asked what it was, then my older brother grabbed me and pushed me back in the seat. No one else looked and no one answered me. My brother put my seat belt back one me and I couldn't get myself in a position to see them again.

I've never seen them again.

I remember it vividly and every once in a while search the internet to see if anyone has ever seen it... nothing.

I hardly ever think about it... but I know I saw this. And even as young child knew I shouldn't be. I have never found any scientific or weather explanation for what I saw.
Pa resident1

User ID: 33941492
United States
04/12/2013 08:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
-early 80's
-playing with toy figures on floor of room
-consciously aware of "time slowing" down

Very hard to describe. I will answer "serious questions" regarding these experiences.

Looking for others to describe similar experiences or other things that happened to them as a child that they remember yet still to this day cannot explain.

1dunno1
 Quoting: KIP

Yes I have had one unexplained situation when I was a child.

I was in bed and I felt a hand lovingly touch my hand. Thinking it was my mom, I opened my eyes. I saw NOTHING. Since I was only 7 years old, it scared me so I closed my eyes and put my hands under the covers and stayed very still and quiet. For years, I kept my hands under the covers as this stuck with me. The weird thing is, the hand felt warm and moist just like anyone else's human hand.

Last Edited by Pa resident1 on 04/12/2013 08:46 AM
"When you don't keep your word, you lose credibility and trustworthy friends"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37912974
Pakistan
04/12/2013 08:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
I was just thinking about this today. When I was a child I got x-ray vision 2 or 3 times, for half a minute or so each time. And it was always with my brother or sister. I'd see them through walls. Each of the 2 or 3 times that it happened (randomly) it would be like a spotlight would appear on the wall in front of me and the area illuminated by the light would become totally transparent and I could see through to the other side. This circle of transparency moved around following my sister or brother as they walked around. It stopped after 10 or 20 seconds I think.
The only other thing I remember happened one of the times I had this x-ray vision. There was a loud bang of some kind and something really really shocking happened, or atleast I just remember feeling the sensation of something really really shocking having happened. I don't know if something really happened or not.
Anonymous Coward
Pakistan
04/12/2013 08:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
And another thing that happened for a long time during my childhood, till it faded in my early teens, was this tune I heard. It was a piano tune, with just three repeating notes. I used to hear them randomly. That tune used to give me headgasms. It was so amazing. I don't know where it went but its been gone for a decade or so now.
TCS

User ID: 31194169
Canada
04/12/2013 08:44 AM

Report Abusive Post
I grew up on the east coast of Canada in a small town in NFLD, called Bonavista. One day I was hanging out with my Uncle Harvey (he was probably around 10, and was about 5) and we were walking around an area that was marshy and there was a body of water that wasn't very big and nothing but maybe frogs lived in it. I remember the day being overcast and dreary. We're walking towards this body of water and we see a kid playing with an old metal tub, the kind that people use to use to wash their clothes by hand, with. This kid is talking about getting in it and using it like a boat to go across the water. I'm all for it but my Uncle won't let me and tells me to come on with him or he's going to leave me behind. Well, my Uncle was pretty cool even back then so I left with him.

The next day we got word that the same kid we were talking to with the tub had drowned. We were the last people to see the kid alive and we never mentioned it to anyone nor have we ever spoke about it to each other.

That was 50 years ago.
" Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord." ~ Jer. 17:5

"From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37911759
United States
04/12/2013 08:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
II ran into the visitng building to get my dad and show him this turtle outside and he did follow me out as I turned the corner to show him, it was gone, nothing there, the ground was empty and there was nowhere for it to go.

My dad yelled at me for getting him out there for nothing.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37560557

Hawk got it. Only takes a second. I've seen them snatch one out of a parking lot.

He just waited for the little primate to get out of the way, then got a turtle snack

[link to www.fcps.edu]

You may have called his attention to it, in fact. Isn't it nice to have the only experience with a potential scientific explanation in a thread this long?
TCS

Canada
04/12/2013 08:57 AM

Report Abusive Post
Oh, this is a freaky memory:
My mom is putting me to bed and I'm fighting with her because I don't want to go to sleep. we're arguing and then I hear my mom growl at me. I couldn't been more than 4. I ran past my mom and ran into my grand parents bed where I spent the whole night listening to the tic toc of their alarm clock. It never happened before or since but I know what I heard and I love my mom and she's still with us but something came over her and it was pure evil.
" Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord." ~ Jer. 17:5

"From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand"
andreidita

User ID: 36920794
Romania
04/12/2013 09:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Great thread.
It is indeed time to awaken to your inner gifts you had as a child.

you have had time until now to figure beyond any doubt that the old tired world is in fact dead in comparison with those experiences from childhood left unexplained.

you all have more than enough info to know what this is really about.

in case those skills are still dormant today, it means that there is something that you traded along the way with the dead old world.

you have to remember what it is, and reclaim it so that you can become like children again.

there is subtle voice inside that will guide you. it was in you from the beginning. but sometimes you forgot to listen to it

awaken brothers and sisters
it is time
hf
andreidita

Romania
04/12/2013 09:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
"Primal innocence. An exaggerated and almost hard-to-believe feeling tone of tapping the childlike wonder and dwelling inside magical worlds. Very intensive protection and guarding. Being permitted to remain alive to the hidden places and even encouraged to stay true to what is felt as unworldly, otherworldly. Given all of this as an assignment. When fantasy and imagination, inward feeling and depth attunement prevail, we really are carrying something indispensable and most conspicuously missing in the contemporary world mix. We are asked then to embody this realm in a fashion which captures the imagination of others and holds it there.
In order to do so, we must turn fear into a friend; make doubt just another character in our ritual dance. Every kind of shadow is right there, included, given full respectful place. Nobody is placed way back in the forbidden recesses. All are to be played with, to be brought on stage, to be known and loved.
We are seeking here a full dimensional attention to the rationalistic civilization. For this we need the power of the inner life when stripped of antique overlays. We must be wide open to the future and undiminished by the lessons of the past. This is the way of the life.
The greatest struggle lies in cutting through the illusion of conflict and duality. We must even discover that anybody and everybody is equally wondrous and terrible. No villains, no heroes, nothing to preserve or defend, no way to believe in the kind of ghosts we manufacture to spark ourselves out of here.
Once the inward caverns are swept clear of the biases for and against, we must open the curtain at last. All of existence then pulses through us, an empowerment of what we are all made of.
"
3pic

United States
04/12/2013 09:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
i had a weird thing happen when i was around 6 yrs old or so. i was sitting in the back seat of mom's car as she was driving a friend home one night. we were in a neighborhood i didn't recognize. i was just riding along and looking out the window as we drove. in the night sky, there was this massive black wide line going across the whole sky from my vantage point. hard to explain, but it was like an enormous black stripe, no bends in it, just a long, wide, black stripe that stretched across the whole sky. it was blacker on the night sky and no stars or anything shone thru it. it was symmetrical. not a contrail or anything like that. it was fairly wide and divided the entire sky. i tried to call my mother's attention to it but she was busy blabbing with her friend.
 Quoting: Salt

Weird.

I posted about the scratches in the sky without logging in...
This is different. And really weird. What happened at that everyone remember so much detail. odd....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 36214395
Malaysia
04/12/2013 09:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
When I was a kid 5-6 years old someone gave me a toy police car which runs on battery. I remember one evening when my sister and I was playing with that toy car, it started following us. This was not a remote control car, just a normal car which runs randomly. That whole evening, that car followed us where ever we go. When we walk, it ran slowly and when we ran, it increased its speed to keep up with us. Even when we walked in circle, it kept following us. It’s like playing chasing with us. We were laughing cause it was so fun. After an hour or so, one of its wheel got stuck into a hole on the road and broke. I tried to put it together again but can't. I was sad then but I thought I can buy another toy car just like that (thinking that the whole thing was normal). But I never saw another toy car like that ever since.

Until today, I am 30 years old now, I never seen any toy car like that. Every now and then I will ask my sister about that event just to make sure that I wasn't imagining thing and she told me it was real, that toy car really did followed us that whole evening. So the only explanation I can think of is that toy car was somehow possessed by some unknown forces or spirit.

P/S: I know there’s a lot of BS in this forum but this is not one of them. This is just one of the many strange events which happened in my life.
TCS

Canada
04/12/2013 09:15 AM

Report Abusive Post
I was rather neglected and unloved as a child . One night after having put myself to bed and having shed a few tears , I looked across the room and there was a huge shining cross on the wall. Did not hear anything , I checked the windows to see if it was coming from outside , it was dark and nothing to cause it . I lay in bed looking at it until I fell asleep . That was long ago , but I have never doubted His love and that there is an awareness of our individual lives , especially the tears of children .
hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37629054

Very powerful memory.

God bless!

hf

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23074747
Sweden
04/12/2013 09:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Time reversed for two seconds and then moved forward again. Watching the traffic outside my house through my bedroom window - the cars on the street just stopped, moved backwards along with everything else for like two seconds, and then moved along as usual, forward.
This happened TWO times to me!

Second experience was when I was trying to do "magic". I put toy frogs inside my shirtsleeve trying to make them disappear. Well, I did this some times, and at one point after putting one of the toy-frogs in the sleeve: Gone... I did not drop it either, for sure!
Later that evening I found that the frog was sitting in the christmas tree. I am really sure that it was not any of my family members who deliberately put the frog in the tree. Since they where not in the room at first place and did not even know about me trying to do magic...
Anonymous Coward
Pakistan
04/12/2013 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
"Primal innocence. An exaggerated and almost hard-to-believe feeling tone of tapping the childlike wonder and dwelling inside magical worlds. Very intensive protection and guarding. Being permitted to remain alive to the hidden places and even encouraged to stay true to what is felt as unworldly, otherworldly. Given all of this as an assignment. When fantasy and imagination, inward feeling and depth attunement prevail, we really are carrying something indispensable and most conspicuously missing in the contemporary world mix. We are asked then to embody this realm in a fashion which captures the imagination of others and holds it there.
In order to do so, we must turn fear into a friend; make doubt just another character in our ritual dance. Every kind of shadow is right there, included, given full respectful place. Nobody is placed way back in the forbidden recesses. All are to be played with, to be brought on stage, to be known and loved.
We are seeking here a full dimensional attention to the rationalistic civilization. For this we need the power of the inner life when stripped of antique overlays. We must be wide open to the future and undiminished by the lessons of the past. This is the way of the life.
The greatest struggle lies in cutting through the illusion of conflict and duality. We must even discover that anybody and everybody is equally wondrous and terrible. No villains, no heroes, nothing to preserve or defend, no way to believe in the kind of ghosts we manufacture to spark ourselves out of here.
Once the inward caverns are swept clear of the biases for and against, we must open the curtain at last. All of existence then pulses through us, an empowerment of what we are all made of.
"
 Quoting: andreidita

hf Yes. What you say is so true. It speaks to a part of me that I usually keep buried under a ton of dirt. I want to explore the possibilities that were so bright as a child but became dimmer and dimmer as I grew up, until they were buried under the avalanch of adulthood. Of growing up to find out that the magic felt in childhood is gone. Realizing that the magic has been blocked by something so huge, so impenetrable, a huge and thick wall. How to get past this wall? How to go back while keeping the knowledge and ideas that came with experience, that children can't conceive of? What would happen if that knowledge was combined with the sense of wonder and possibility that children see in every atom and molecule?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21291600
United States
04/12/2013 09:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
i had a weird thing happen when i was around 6 yrs old or so. i was sitting in the back seat of mom's car as she was driving a friend home one night. we were in a neighborhood i didn't recognize. i was just riding along and looking out the window as we drove. in the night sky, there was this massive black wide line going across the whole sky from my vantage point. hard to explain, but it was like an enormous black stripe, no bends in it, just a long, wide, black stripe that stretched across the whole sky. it was blacker on the night sky and no stars or anything shone thru it. it was symmetrical. not a contrail or anything like that. it was fairly wide and divided the entire sky. i tried to call my mother's attention to it but she was busy blabbing with her friend.

Weird.

This is different. And really weird. What happened at that everyone remember so much detail. odd....
 Quoting: 3pic

well, it scared me. i had no clue what it was. i watched it for probably 5 mins or more until i fell asleep watching it. it was rather late at night, maybe 10 or so
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1929669
United States
04/12/2013 09:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
I was going through some hard times at about age 14 ( I'm 22 now). Parents divorcing, drugs, etc. My parents were not entirely religious although I knew they Believed, and I attended church early in my life. (age 7-9ish)

So I use mushrooms with a friend one night and the "trip" was me, as a ghost, stuck, with no way out and no where to go. I tried to talk to my mother but she didn't acknowledge me and the only other person I was with had fallen asleep after about 9 hours of intense tripping.

I then had a complete breakdown,scared, lonely, etc. When The warmest feeling came over my entire mind, body, and soul, and put His arm around me and sat me down on my bedside and at that point I started crying and knew everything would be alright. I know mushrooms were involved, however My souls only been moved like this once before... And that was the first time the "river broke, if you will"
Anonymous Coward
Pakistan
04/12/2013 09:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
I was going through some hard times at about age 14 ( I'm 22 now). Parents divorcing, drugs, etc. My parents were not entirely religious although I knew they Believed, and I attended church early in my life. (age 7-9ish)

So I use mushrooms with a friend one night and the "trip" was me, as a ghost, stuck, with no way out and no where to go. I tried to talk to my mother but she didn't acknowledge me and the only other person I was with had fallen asleep after about 9 hours of intense tripping.

I then had a complete breakdown,scared, lonely, etc. When The warmest feeling came over my entire mind, body, and soul, and put His arm around me and sat me down on my bedside and at that point I started crying and knew everything would be alright. I know mushrooms were involved, however My souls only been moved like this once before... And that was the first time the "river broke, if you will"
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1929669

What do you mean by 'the river broke'? I tried mushrooms a while ago and in retrospect of the trip, it feels like the shrooms made me become a child in terms of my mentality. There was awe and wonder everywhere. I think that's one way of getting partway past the wall.
andreidita

Romania
04/12/2013 09:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
hf Yes. What you say is so true. It speaks to a part of me that I usually keep buried under a ton of dirt. I want to explore the possibilities that were so bright as a child but became dimmer and dimmer as I grew up, until they were buried under the avalanch of adulthood. Of growing up to find out that the magic felt in childhood is gone. Realizing that the magic has been blocked by something so huge, so impenetrable, a huge and thick wall. How to get past this wall? How to go back while keeping the knowledge and ideas that came with experience, that children can't conceive of? What would happen if that knowledge was combined with the sense of wonder and possibility that children see in every atom and molecule?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37912974

you would reach home and know it for the first time :)
you still doubt what you really came here for? :)
you just fell for a few little lies told by those 'adults' pretending they know how the drill works.
remember, and dismiss them one by one.
you are of the future. they are of the past

hf
3pic

United States
04/12/2013 09:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah. I was scared too and it was the middle of the day. I still remember say in my head What the hell? and young enough and my parents (80's) strict enough that I REMEMBER thinking, Don't think that word. lol. It was really odd.
Weird.

Quoting: 3pic
D4RKST4R

User ID: 37802115
United States
04/12/2013 09:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
This reminds me of the 'Weird things you've seen in the woods' thread, which I still have bookmarked for reading, on page 34 now and I don't want it to end.

Thread: Wierd things you have seen in the woods.

Great job OP! 5* and some green karma for you!!
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

John F. Kennedy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5091005
Australia
04/12/2013 09:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
I used to have what i could only describe as a reocuring dram except its hard to establish if it was just dreams as it felt so real everytime it happened. In the dreams i would be in a park near my house with other children in the area and was being led under a light by someone unknown entities, once under the light i would shoot up into the sky at such a speed that i could feel that weird sinking feeling in the stomach, it used to scare me a lot because of how horrible it felt. It was a dream i had often.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1929669
United States
04/12/2013 09:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

What do you mean by 'the river broke'? I tried mushrooms a while ago and in retrospect of the trip, it feels like the shrooms made me become a child in terms of my mentality. There was awe and wonder everywhere. I think that's one way of getting partway past the wall.

Sorry, by "river broke" I mean;

The moment I knew without a doubt God was real, and i was touched by Him. I felt like there was a waterfall of tears flowing from my body as well as a feeling of burden being lifted. come to think about it this was at a pentecoastal church, and there was a man with REAL gifts who told me I was opressed by demons, and they literally prayed them out of me and smacked me on the forehead lol. This maybe a month before the mushroom experience
Dr. Werner von Rapewhistle
User ID: 33245673
United States
04/12/2013 09:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
When you have no memory recall on the world you see around you, you are in a constant almost meditative state. Your mind is clear in a sense. We need to take in the world as a child does.

I wonder if blind children have a similar sense of time perception cognition retardation.
Anonymous Coward
Pakistan
04/12/2013 09:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

you would reach home and know it for the first time :)
you still doubt what you really came here for? :)
you just fell for a few little lies told by those 'adults' pretending they know how the drill works.
remember, and dismiss them one by one.
you are of the future. they are of the past

hf
 Quoting: andreidita

That's all very well and good, the problem is remembering. My memory of childhood is almost gone, apart from a few meaningless mental snapshots covering all those years.

Sorry, by "river broke" I mean;

The moment I knew without a doubt God was real, and i was touched by Him. I felt like there was a waterfall of tears flowing from my body as well as a feeling of burden being lifted. come to think about it this was at a pentecoastal church, and there was a man with REAL gifts who told me I was opressed by demons, and they literally prayed them out of me and smacked me on the forehead lol. This maybe a month before the mushroom experience

Interesting..
SewDucky

User ID: 23684754
United States
04/12/2013 09:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
I had a lot of things happen as a kid. None of it really bothered me, and there were a lot of things that I couldn't list them all.

I used to play with both of my grandfathers in my sleep that died long before I was born, one nearly 20 years earlier, and one 10-12.

I told my mom things that came true later. I also told my dad of things that archaeologists found as I had described. Some happened a few years to just recently. (I said these things 1978-81 and many of them happened 1986-2012). My dad is more freaked out then my mom was.

I used to talk to Samedi as a kid, and I lived in an area where there were no blacks, so generally seeing a black dude with a skull mask should have been freaky. When I was about 7 he told me he had to go, but gave me a doll and told me to make sure I kept it, and why. I still have it 30 years later.

On a related note, my son used to play with Ganesh. He used to talk of the elephant man, Nash. It wasn't until he was about 4 that he saw a picture of him and pointed out his "friend".

I was raised Catholic, and it wasn't until I was an adult I learned that my great grandmother was involved with voodoo. My son...I still don't know where the Hinduism came in, since he's always gone to Catholic or Methodist churches.

I had weirder things as an adult happen, so I guess my childhood was pretty normal by comparison.

As to the time thing, I've found that since I went back to a more vintage way of life (cooking from scratch, organics, sewing my own clothing, stepping out of the rat race, spending less the a couple hours on the net, being a stay at home mom and wife, etc.) I've gotten some of the "time" back. It is still faster then a kid, as the frame of reference post suggested, but I seem to have more moments throughout the day that I am able to stop and smell the roses as it were. I'm not rushing to do everything. I have my routines that get done, and I have my time to look around instead of constantly fighting to get to the next thing and do more.
D4RKST4R

User ID: 37802115
United States
04/12/2013 09:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
I guess I will add one as well, I have many, but this one always comes to mind.

When I was around 8 years old, I went to stay at my fathers house for the weekend. Him and his newlywed, had just bought a house, here in Michigan. It was a nice little house, with one odd exception. It didn't matter what temperature the rest of the house was, nor how hot or cold it was outside, my room was always way colder than the rest of the house, no exaggeration. It was so cold, that I slept in the living room on the couch, and I know it wasn't just me, because my father agreed to it, and he isn't a push-over type of guy.

So, one night, I'm falling asleep, watching some television. You know the feeling, as you're drifting off to sleep, but still trying to fight it. Well, as it finally took me over, I awake to a flashing going on in the living room. It was the TV. As I rubbed my eyes to be sure of what I was witnessing, I watched the TV flash on and off, on and off, on and off, and then it stayed off. I figured I was on the remote or something, however, I found it lying on the floor. I shrugged it off and went back to sleep, but before I could get deep into sleep, it happened again. And again, it turned off and stayed off.

Now, I was a bit creeped out, so I was just about to cover my head with my blanket and force myself to sleep. Then I felt a presence, a very weird and cold presence. I hesitantly opened my eyes to see an elderly woman come from the hallway to my left, at the end of the couch. She was walking towards the right, where there is a kitchen entryway. She stopped, turned towards me for what seemed like eternity, and then turned and continued on her way into the kitchen, around the corner and was out of sight. I hadn't noticed it at first, because she was at the end of the couch, but her feet were gone, she was only floating her way along.

I sat there frozen in the middle of the dark, quiet house, wondering what it was I had just witnessed. Every hair on my body was on end and I had to be as pale as the moon. I opened my mouth to scream for my father and stepmom, but no sound came out. I quickly went under my covers and tried all night to get some sleep, still boggled to what it was that had just happened. In the morning, I attempted to tell my father what I had witnessed, but if you knew my father, you'd know that he wouldn't believe it, and I didn't want to sound crazy, so I kept it to myself. I told nobody about it for roughly 10 years, when I turned 18.

We were sitting in my parents bedroom, with my father and stepmom (not the same as before), and my two stepsisters. We somehow got on the topic of the supernatural and were telling stories, one in particular was a friend of mine who had a haunted house. Well, I decided to come out about my experience when I was younger, just to see how my dad would react. To my suprise, he was quite speechless, and seemed to grow a bit pale. He looked at me in all seriousness, and said, "Son, I can't believe you didn't tell me this before." and continued to state, "There was something we didn't want to tell you, because you were just a kid. Before we bought that house, some high school students broke into that house to rob it, thinking nobody was home. There was an elderly woman who lived there alone, and she suprised them, they panicked and beat her to death, in your room."

We agreed that it must have been the reason that room was so cold all the time, and why I had witnessed this old lady. It still gives me tingles down my spine today. I should add I never had another experience in that house after that, other than the colder than cold room and an occasional odd feeling. It was my first paranormal experience I had, but certainly not my last.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

John F. Kennedy

GLP