Unexplained Experiences You Remember As A Child

Senzeletoth

User ID: 23469440
United States
04/12/2013 10:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Unexplained Experiences You Remember As A Child
When i was a young girl (under 10- im 22 now) i had a lot of weird experiences...ill do my best to describe them..
-I remember the time slowing down around me on occasion. I also remember sometimes feeling extremely extremely big or small, sometimes my whole body, sometimes just my head or hands. I remember it being terrifying i hated that sensation it made it hard to breathe.
-Once i was laying down in my bed, when my brother and i shared a room and i remember opening my eyes and looking down at myself while i slept.
-Twice i saw a tall black shadow. Once in the room i just mentioned, it came up out of the floor, the second time was a few years later in my new room ( an addition was built on the house) the figure came through my wall and went out through the opposite wall. Those may have been an over active imagination? I didnt have the terrified feelings i got when i saw myself sleeping or my body felt "big"
-At about 16 i had a continuing dream for almost a month. There was a little blonde girl lost in a big house and each night i tried to find her. The last night i had that dream i found her, she was in a room that had a locked door and water running out under the door. I never did get her out. But i would wake up every night and draw pictures of the house and girl.
-When i was 18-19 i had a dream this guy in a white shirt was being chased and got shot. About a week later i went to a friends party at her house and her daughters father got shot. He was wearing a white shirt.
-Ive had episodes of deja vu for as long as i can remember. I used to just accept it but it happens so much that its starting to bother me. The frequency seems to be intensifying the older i get.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1562472

I only had the 'feeling big' situation happen to me a few times, but it was really scary because it just didn't seem right.

I also had a period of time (about a week or more?) when I was able to predict the winners of that MTV show 'Singled Out', every single time.

And finally, I saw a demon once.
!!!???
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 342233
Canada
04/12/2013 10:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
As children, both my sister and I became obsessed with aliens when we starting seeing them on TV. My mom called us crazy and my dad just smiled and ignored it. And I was oddly obsessed with the show 'Greatest American Hero' when I was very young, and dreamed about aliens delivering me a special power.

I'm 37 now, and this past summer the topic came up again with my father about the occurances I had with sleep walking and waking up in the back yard or in the kitchen looking out the window. When my mother, wife & kids where out of the room, he admitted to me about knowing that we were not crazy and then pointed to a matching scar on both of our shoulders (on the back where its hard to reach). His health is starting to fail him, and I got the impression that he wanted to clear the air about it, then asked me 'are you still afraid of the closet?' and I told him that I sleep with the closet open all the time just like when I was a kid, and the closet is jammed stuffed.

He then admitted to believing I was abducted as a child just as he and his brothers were abducted and sometimes left clueless in their yard. He didn't want to admit it and scare the crap out of us as kids. He also admitted that he and his older brother used to tease their kid brother about 'the lizard in the closest will get you if you don't do certain things'. This particular uncle of mine can't stay out of jail and is a bit wacko.

Oddly enough, my oldest son cannot sleep with the closet door open even the slightest, and requested when we had security cameras installed that we put one in his room so we can watch him while he sleeps.

There was alot more information that we shared that night about and incident while camping, reactions of our pet cat back then, the sharing circle, and our roles in life. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about that converstation
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21291600
United States
04/12/2013 10:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
When i was a young girl (under 10- im 22 now) i had a lot of weird experiences...ill do my best to describe them..
-I remember the time slowing down around me on occasion. I also remember sometimes feeling extremely extremely big or small, sometimes my whole body, sometimes just my head or hands. I remember it being terrifying i hated that sensation it made it hard to breathe.

my first husband used to have this when he was a kid. its a perception trip that is related to a type of chemical imbalance in the brain. he went on later to have one of the most severe cases of OCD i have ever seen. not saying that will happen to you, but it is part of some type of mental issue related to chemicals in the brain.
Zephyr2

User ID: 36152821
United States
04/12/2013 10:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
I was about 5 or 6 years old and in bed sleeping when a noise woke me up. I looked down to the foot of my bed where the noise was coming from and saw a tree branch with dry leaves being shaken so that it made this weird rattling noise. It was being shaken like over my bed like something a witch doctor might do. I screamed and my mom ran in and it disappeared. Of course she told me it was just a dream.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
~Calvin & Hobbs~
andreidita

User ID: 36920794
Romania
04/12/2013 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
hf Yes. What you say is so true. It speaks to a part of me that I usually keep buried under a ton of dirt. I want to explore the possibilities that were so bright as a child but became dimmer and dimmer as I grew up, until they were buried under the avalanch of adulthood. Of growing up to find out that the magic felt in childhood is gone. Realizing that the magic has been blocked by something so huge, so impenetrable, a huge and thick wall. How to get past this wall? How to go back while keeping the knowledge and ideas that came with experience, that children can't conceive of? What would happen if that knowledge was combined with the sense of wonder and possibility that children see in every atom and molecule?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37912974

you would reach home and know it for the first time :)
you still doubt what you really came here for? :)
you just fell for a few little lies told by those 'adults' pretending they know how the drill works.
remember, and dismiss them one by one.
you are of the future. they are of the past

hf
 Quoting: andreidita

That's all very well and good, the problem is remembering. My memory of childhood is almost gone, apart from a few meaningless mental snapshots covering all those years.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37912974

it is not necessarily about magically remembering those states at once.
it is more about starting from you are now and go backwards step by step.
and undo one by one all the commitments you had made, which are contrary to the magical child within.
you will know which ones be it they material, emotional or mental.
you have to first unblock the energies you are given on other levels, so to speak

Last Edited by VenusRose on 04/12/2013 10:23 AM
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/12/2013 10:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

my first husband used to have this when he was a kid. its a perception trip that is related to a type of chemical imbalance in the brain. he went on later to have one of the most severe cases of OCD i have ever seen. not saying that will happen to you, but it is part of some type of mental issue related to chemicals in the brain.
 Quoting: Salt

something like dysfunction in the sensory motor homunculi
Zephyr2

User ID: 36152821
United States
04/12/2013 10:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
-Once i was laying down in my bed, when my brother and i shared a room and i remember opening my eyes and looking down at myself while i slept.
-Twice i saw a tall black shadow. Once in the room i just mentioned, it came up out of the floor, the second time was a few years later in my new room ( an addition was built on the house) the figure came through my wall and went out through the opposite wall. Those may have been an over active imagination? I didnt have the terrified feelings i got when i saw myself sleeping or my body felt "big"
-At about 16 i had a continuing dream for almost a month. There was a little blonde girl lost in a big house and each night i tried to find her. The last night i had that dream i found her, she was in a room that had a locked door and water running out under the door. I never did get her out. But i would wake up every night and draw pictures of the house and girl.
-When i was 18-19 i had a dream this guy in a white shirt was being chased and got shot. About a week later i went to a friends party at her house and her daughters father got shot. He was wearing a white shirt.
-Ive had episodes of deja vu for as long as i can remember. I used to just accept it but it happens so much that its starting to bother me. The frequency seems to be intensifying the older i get.

Wow, I used to get that same feeling of being really really big and then getting super small....It felt so strange but for me it was somehow soothing. I used to get that feeling when I was about 5 years old and only in bed before or after I slept. I kind of think that children are more loosely attatched to their bodies and maybe this sensaton is a precursor for an out of body experience.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
~Calvin & Hobbs~
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/12/2013 10:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

ok, i did a search and they call it Alice In Wonderland Syndrome (AIWS)

[link to www.aiws.info]
glowingsoul

User ID: 1893105
Canada
04/12/2013 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
I was carried upstairs into my room by three black shadow people figures that were tickling me. To this day have no clue wtf that was
icu
mehitable
User ID: 1524722
United States
Report Abusive Post
Absolutely I came home from school one day and naturally being a latchkey kid I was alone. I was watching TV eating junk etc when I hear five loud bangs. I run upstairs and some how I know the bangs are coming from my parents room the closet is open so I shut it. I turn around and their is a little girl in pigtails sitting on my parents bed. She says "I live in the wall" and I say "what in the hell are you doing in here?" I thought she was a legitimate human until she faded right in front of me. I couldn't even scream I hauled ass down the steps out the door. I went to my neighbors house and called my parents who didn't believe me. She still haunts my dreams and I am now 27....only now she looks like a rotting corpse. In one of the dreams she was sitting in the tailgate of my truck I just don't know what the connection is.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1816481

Try telling her firmly (and mean it!) to go away and never come back. Frequently that works.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1743891
Australia
Report Abusive Post
Here are 3 of my experiences:

The White Plastic Toy Phone
I had a white plastic toy phone when I was around the age of 5. To this day I remember quite clearly that I was sitting on the bedroom floor with my toys around me and this phone next to me. The phone rang, which it couldn't do being a toy, and I answered it. A man's voice began talking to me. It lasted for about a minute.

Being so young it shocked me enough that I would remember it. Unfortunately I was too young to understand what was said and to be able to remember what was said.

I vaguely remember thinking it was my grandfather who had passed away the year before.

The Rainbow Love Heart
Then speaking of my grandfather. I remember the day he passed away. I was only 4 or 5. He was on the lounge, having a heart attack, they called an ambulance and took him away.
We were all out on the porch as the ambulance drove off. I remember looking up at the night sky and seeing a rainbow colored love heart in the sky. It was continuously cycling through all the colors. Kind of pulsing to put it another way.
My grandfather had died in the ambulance on the way to hospital.
No one else remembers seeing the heart.

Shared Deja Vu
A group of us kids were playing in the house. We were running around and ended up in one of the rooms. There was an adult in the room who told us to settle down.
Now, from the minute we entered that room to being told to settle down to us sitting down on the floor while laughing etc we ALL experienced deja vu. We all confirmed that straight after. It was the most bizarre experience. I still remember it clearly to this day. It was probably the first time I'd experienced deja vu. For a group of us to experience it at the same time was even more bizarre.

We were all pretty close as kids so I think we were all in synchronus(?) with each other. Perhaps that was the reason we all shared such an intense experience?

There are many more experiences that I would love to share but they get more bizarre than those ones.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/12/2013 10:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

ok, i did a search and they call it Alice In Wonderland Syndrome (AIWS)

[link to www.aiws.info]

from the link:

Symptoms
The most prominent and often most disturbing symptom is that of altered body image: the sufferer will find that they are confused as to the size and shape of parts of (or all of) their body. The parts usually mentioned are the head and hands; growth seems more usual than shrinkage. This phenomenon seems to have the medical term 'metamorphosis'.

The second major symptom is the distortion of visual perception. The eyes themselves are normal, but the sufferer 'sees' objects with the wrong size or shape and/or finds that perspective is incorrect. This can mean that people, cars, buildings, etc. look smaller or larger than they should be, or that distances look incorrect; for example a corridor may appear to be very long, or the ground may appear too close.

Other symptoms which have been referred to as part of AIWS include:

Distorted time perception; time moving quickly or slowly.
Distorted touch perception, e.g. a feeling that the ground is 'spongy' under the feet or that the sensation received from touching something is simply incorrect or unrecognised.
Distorted sound perception.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 342233
Canada
04/12/2013 10:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
I grew up on the east coast of Canada in a small town in NFLD, called Bonavista. One day I was hanging out with my Uncle Harvey (he was probably around 10, and was about 5) and we were walking around an area that was marshy and there was a body of water that wasn't very big and nothing but maybe frogs lived in it. I remember the day being overcast and dreary. We're walking towards this body of water and we see a kid playing with an old metal tub, the kind that people use to use to wash their clothes by hand, with. This kid is talking about getting in it and using it like a boat to go across the water. I'm all for it but my Uncle won't let me and tells me to come on with him or he's going to leave me behind. Well, my Uncle was pretty cool even back then so I left with him.

The next day we got word that the same kid we were talking to with the tub had drowned. We were the last people to see the kid alive and we never mentioned it to anyone nor have we ever spoke about it to each other.

That was 50 years ago.
 Quoting: TCS

Thats really sad. I'm sorry you had to go thru that.
Esoteric Morgan
...in awe of many things

User ID: 26943919
United States
04/12/2013 10:45 AM

Report Abusive Post
I was in my 20's, newly moved into a house my parents had just bought in the West Indies...which I alone in my family had stayed in before, having known previous renters.

One night I woke up in pain; my hand was being bitten by an old white-haired gent sitting in a chair next to the bed. I tried to scream out, but it seemed my voice was failing me. Finally, my brother heard, summoned my parents...who pretty much thought I was nuts.

I looked at my hand, certain to see bite marks...there were none visible, yet, I could still feel them.

In the morning, I related this incident to Miss Daphne, the house-keeper, whom I had known for many years. Daphne had come with the house, having been the owner's care-taker.

When she asked me to describe the man who bit me, I told her that he had white hair, and looked much like an older version of my father. Then she laughed:

"Oh, Lawd Miss M., that Mista Marsh. Him probably a bit vexed Mista Charlie buy his house from Mista Tony. Pay 'im no mind...he jus' playin' wid you. Him mean no harm."

That was freaky. I can still feel the bite all these years later, even though Mr. Marsh never bothered me again.

Interestingly enough, the area my parents live in is called Duppy Woods by locals. Duppies are ghosts or spirits in Jamaica.

-------------------

Now, had I not had previous experiences with freaky 'incidents' I may have been more alarmed, but, this was BY FAR one of the least troubling 'unexplainable' experiences in my life.

All the other incidents have been in NYC, where I've lived most of my life.

damned

BTW...this is a very interesting thread.
-- TRUST THE PLAN --
.......WWG1WGA......
United States
04/12/2013 10:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yup
Athena Awakened

User ID: 32632895
United States
04/12/2013 10:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
I used to have visitors stand by my bed and just "watch" me sleep. Recently found out they are called "shadow men" or ˝shadow people". Only in my childhood home.... they were always dressed in black, wore black hats, tall with bright red eyes... just watching. I would get scared and peek through my blanket to see if they would leave, and they would just stand there until I fell asleep.

Always thought it was strange and thought maybe they were part of the old house we lived in.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.” Samuel Adams, 1776
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26448516
United Kingdom
04/12/2013 10:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
When I was 4/5 , I woke up and found myself at the bedroom window looking at this figure which was the colour of the moon and was like a human figure just kind of suspended there , can remember my mum coming into the room and closing the blind and the curtains......I couldnt have opened the blind as it was too high up , she is to this day still a bit freaked out by that incident , I remember no fear while I just stood and looked at this figure...

My aunt lived in a bungalow which was , how can I put it....erm a bit "active" , one day I was in the car with my mum and dad going to visit and I was waving at what I thought was my cousin waving at the front window , when we got inside I ran into her room and my aunt told me that my cousin wasn't there , in fact she was alone in the back of the property making pastry when we arrived.....

When I was 15 I was sitting with 2 friends who were both 15 in the middle of a huge field which is called The Wick , short for Battleswick , we were playing silly buggers anbd were kind of hidden by a dip and slightly longer grass , we were jumping out as people walked past a distance away and thought it was hilarious...then we saw a nun , I told the others we weren't going to scare her as my mum is Catholic and taught me to respect nuns , so we just sat there and watched her....when she turned round she didnt have a face , just kind of swirly mist where the face would have been , the "she" drifted to one side diagonally then in the opposite direction....we all freaked out and ran like Hell.......I slept on the floor in my parents room that night.....lol
mariol66

User ID: 8318330
United States
04/12/2013 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
I remember frequently having dreams of being taken at night when i was around 12 years old, and one morning when I got up and turned on my light switch there was like a stain of a hand print above the light switch on the wall, almost like an oily hand print except the fingers there were only 4 and extremely elongated.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28630651
United States
04/12/2013 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
One of my earliest memories is going out the backyard and seeing Caterpillars on the trees, my Mother pointing them out to me and me going closer to them, but they had tiny human-like faces, went "AAAH" when they saw me like something out of a cartoon, and jumped off the branches and scurried off on the ground in terror. My Mother testifies to this day she did see them jump off the branches so that is weird and funny at the same time. Likely just childhood imagination made me think they had human faces and went "AAAAH". Still exists as a memory though.

Something very real that has caused me sleep problems for all my life I can remember was a doll of an African Girl that would only appear after I was put to bed up on my toy rack, it was not there when adults were around, only when I was alone. It would come down off the toy rack with glowing red eyes and would cackle so evilly while pushing, prodding and tormenting me with her glowing red eyes. My Dad all his life has seen a Joker tormenting him at the end of his bed and he asked if I ever had any little person tormenting me and I told him about it, and he told me that every male of his maternal lineage has had the same thing since way back in Ireland when a Witch put a curse on one of them, tormenting him and every male of the lineage since.

Being in bed in a strange house with my Dad and being very scared for some reason then looking over and seeing a Giant Teddy Bear I had or the house had crying, I remember the tears rolling down it's face. I wasn't too young either and I remember it clear as day and I wasn't dreaming because my Dad was in and out of the room and confirmed to me the next day that I was staring at the Teddy Bear oddly.

In same house, visited by what I can only describe as a Faerie. I remember then feeling as if I was flying, looking down on my own body, then I was carried off into a land and place that I can only describe was like out of a Fantasy movie, the thing is I was raised by strict Jehovah's Witnesses and never saw any fantasy movies or read Fairytales so nothing could have influenced the imagery for say, a dream...

There is so much more, more than I can type here.hiding
 Quoting: ISee 37779766

that is call ,a generational curse..pray to God for your ancestor forgivness, that you renounce anything evil and you accept Jesus The Lord as your savior, that now you brake and didintegrate the curse forever.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35298812
United States
04/12/2013 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have a couple of strange things. I was camping with my family, was pretty young, like 5 or so, I remember wandering a bit into the forest and there was a baby fawn, still had spots so very young. I didn't see the mom, but I walked right up to the baby and was reaching toward it to pet it and the mom came up and was walking toward me, at the point when she was within a couple feet my mom yelled for me and they both took off.

When I was 8, on a road trip with my aunt and uncle and two cousins. We were driving in the redwood forest at night when we had to stop because there was a black panther in the middle of the road crossing it. It stopped and looked at us and then kept running. We were freaked out.

Another weird one was when iI was 14, I had a lot of issues at home with alcoholic parents and a lot of domestic violence. I remember lying on my bed very depressed. I had a wall mural that had a beautiful scene with a pond, a blonde girl lying next to it with a unicorn looking over her, in the distance were mountains. Anyway, I was staring into it trying to calm down when it literally started to come to life in a way, like I could have walked into it if I wanted to. I remember vividly thinking I could leave it all behind, that was my chance, but I chose to stay for my little brother.

When I was younger I used to have nightmares frequently where I would wake up and scream as loud as I could terrified but no sound would ever come out and I was paralized. Now I'm beginning to wonder if I wasn't being visited and/or being abducted or something.
Alisaria

User ID: 7393269
United States
04/12/2013 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hmmm... There were many instances of me waking up in places around the house that weren't my room... I'd fall asleep in my bed, and wake up on a chair in the living room at 1am. The most freaky was waking up in our dark garage... I couldn't find the door, so I screamed until my parents found me... The thing is, my brother was the sleepwalker, not me, so it was just strange. Also, extreme feelings of déjà vu when I was a young child... Enough to make me just stop in the middle if what I was doing...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7130436
United States
04/12/2013 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Looking for others to describe similar experiences or other things that happened to them as a child that they remember yet still to this day cannot explain.

1dunno1
 Quoting: KIP

This is something that started when i was about 13, and continues to this day--

At thirteen years old, i was on a church youth retreat with a friend of mine. While walking outside at night, I noticed three or four consecutive streetlights extinguish when i passed by them. Now, this doesn't happen all the time, and seems to occur most often with lamps that are near their end-of-life.
Could a human body's electromagnetic field extend dozens of feet from its source and have some influence on these electronics?

I've also noticed (in the past, say late '90s) that occasionally computer programs wouldn't install correctly if i was sitting at the computer. If this happened, I would try to install again and leave the room, at which time the program would finish the install.
Moony Whispers

User ID: 1681186
Netherlands
04/12/2013 12:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
As a young child I woke up in the night to see two strangers is the best way I can describe though were strange looking. The were standing next to my bed. I was very frightened and asked them who they were to which they replied don.t be afraid, we won't hurt you, go back to sleep.
Strangest thing is it happened the night after as well, I still remember this vividly though I am a granny now. Also I remember going to bed one night, blinking and it was morning.....strange..
 Quoting: Krix

Interesting.... Did these "strangers" appear dark like shadows or could you make out more solid textures/shapes/physical aspects of them?

They were very physical as I remember.. and I was very frightened.
 Quoting: Krix

Around this time, do you remember any vivid "dreams"?

I had exactly the same, I was 23 years old by that time. Woke up at night and there were two men beside my bed. I was very scared and it seemed like I could not move. They said I should not be afraid. Then they were gone....It was not a dream, I know for sure and they were very real. It was an Indian and an old man. A few weeks later we were on a holiday in Spain and in the same hotel there were two men, an Indian and the older man.
I can't describe that feeling I had when I saw them but I was so scared and didn't feel well everytime I saw them. I never forget this. It stuck in my memory since then but it never happened again.
Moony Whispers

"Be still, the quieter you become, the more you can hear"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37915045
Canada
04/12/2013 12:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
My aunt was visiting from eastern europe as a result me and my brother were sharing a bed. I rememeber waking up to a figure floating over the bed. It was some kind of a ghost like apparition i still remmeber its long face today with what seemd to be like a cloak over its head and body. Only the top half of its body seemed to materialize. As it sat there hovering over me, like it was inspecint something with curiousity I got really scared and tried to wake up my brother but couldnt. I was paralyzed. I looked over and could see my brother sleeping but couldnt scream. The door to our room was open and I could see the light and hear my mother and aunt talking in the kitchen. I tried desperatly to grab someones attention but to no avail i couldnt speak or move, no sounds or movement came out as i screamed and thrashed about internally. When it dissappeaered i ifnally regained control and jumped out of bed to my mom and my aunt the story. They told me i was having a bad dream because of all the adult movies i was watching, and told me to go back to bed. I insisted it wasnt a dream. How was it a dream if i could see and hear them talking in the kitchen when it happened? If it was a dream i should of woke up and they'd be in bed also, or was that just a coincidence?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33676911
United States
04/12/2013 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
in the crib..first time i opened my eyes i saw the ceiling...then turned my head to the right..

THEN I SAW A BLACK CLAW LIKE HAND COME THROUGH THE WINDOW...I SCREAMED SO HARD HALF MY HEART STOPPED.

my mom rushed me to the hospital..1/2 my body..dead//half alive..they did surgery and saved me from certain death..

my life is filled with strange coincidences and happenings..I KNOW GOD EXITS.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 727033
United States
04/12/2013 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
You know how when you are very young you start having flashes of thoughts and memories? It is almost like your soul is waking up or twirling into this existence.

The first memory I have is staring out a window up into the clouds. It was daylight out, and I remember looking up into white and grayish blue clouds rolling by in the sky. I could hear a really strange sound humming through the clouds. My first thought was about UFOs, and I remember knowing that something else was up there in the clouds.

Later, when I was older and I could talk (probably 5,6, or 7.) I was playing out in the yard alone by myself. Out of nowhere this little blond headed girl showed up. She was around my age and asked me to talk to her. So, we swung on a swing-set in the yard and talked for what must have been hours. I cannot remember everything we talked about. However, I do remember the last things she said. She ended up saying she had to go, and she promised me that she would protect me, and she also said that she would come back for me.

After this, she walked away and vanished into the air. I never saw her again, and there is no one it could have been in the area. People don't just vanish into the air. I don't know if she was a soul mate, alien, or a guardian angel. She had a glow about her, like she was made of a white and gold light. I can still see her smiling in my memory when I look back on that day.

Ever since then I have felt like maybe she was my soul mate checking in on me. I have also felt like maybe she was an angel that watches over me and protects me. I wish I really knew who she was.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27972246
United States
04/12/2013 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Trying to remember back to before I was born.

I even got my mother to figure up exactly how many days I had been alive and focused on remembering each day, then the day before and marking them off.

I would feel totally mental sharing this but
Bill Nelson [link to en.wikipedia.org]
had a similar experience, so it may be somewhat common.
 Quoting: zenobiaphobia

Thanks for the link and don't feel "mental" One of the few freedoms we may still have.

And this is very interesting as well. On your computer set up a folder than has a file for every day of your life from the day you were born, and then try to remember at least three things that you remember from each day, and write it down.

It will amaze most of us how little we remember.

My earliest memory is at the age of six months old... the day we moved from the trailer house into a brand new house, way back in Jan of 1954. I was six months old. I have full visual recall of that day, or at least a part of that day.

Ah the Days of Our Life... they go so quickly. And we remember next to nothing of them, really.

Makes one wonder what the Point it.
pinkshirtguy

User ID: 1580920
United States
04/12/2013 12:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
Tripping on mushrooms for the first time and trying to explain time as the 4th dimension, long before I heard of the string theory.

the best one is the day my grandma died... I was dreaming that I was next to god and he picked up the phone and said "who's ready? Oh, Katherine? Send her on up" I awoke to my dad saying "she's gone". She died after 10 months with a brain tumor, she was bedridden in our house. Very, very odd experience. I always had a tough time believing in god and even after that I still do... But damn, that's one eerie experience.
poyl
FapJack

User ID: 1551873
United States
04/12/2013 12:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
When I was around 7 I was just sitting out side on the porch I saw a man in all white, white hair white shoes white everything. I saw him walking up our drive way and I asked him where he was going, then I yelled something along the lines "Stop please". He looked at me before he went out of view while walking up the drive way I went to chase him and he was gone. I ran all the way around our house even into the wooded area behind our house and the man was gone. I have had many like this but this is the one that sticks out to me. I do not believe in Angels nor demons but I do believe in spirits may them be bad or good.
FapJack17
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25635188
United States
04/12/2013 12:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Floating above my bed, which I now know was not a dream.

GLP