Unexplained Experiences You Remember As A Child

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25635188
United States
04/12/2013 12:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Unexplained Experiences You Remember As A Child
Floating above my bed, which I now know was not a dream.
Superduper

User ID: 37922190
United States
04/12/2013 12:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
When I was a kid in OH and about 7 years old. My brother and cousins used to scout out the back acreage of my grandpa's property. There was a "crick" as we called it there with stepping stones to walk across. The rest of 'em walked across first and I was last. Upon crossing and upon have just crossed over these 'stones', I discovered these stones were large turtles. They all laughed at what I had said. I KNOW what I saw. OF course, I was the only girl in the group and the youngest - so har, har.

Also on that same property, there was a very large barn/shed. On the ceiling of it, there was a very large water vessel of some type just hanging there. I was very curious and wanted to know what that was. I was told not to talk about that; that it belonged to grandpa from a very, very long time ago.

I would say that my grandpa came to this country around about the late 1800s. They were of Prussian heritage and also changed the spelling of their last name for some unknown reason. Anyhow, don't know what that ship was and why it was sooo mysterious.

Wish I could go there again - back in time to know more. Family secrets or mysteries.
Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world.

Whatever feels good to your soul, do that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17888588
United States
04/12/2013 12:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have had many, many strange and miraculous occurrences but this was the very FIRST one.

When I was about 5 or 6 I was home with my mom on a very ordinary day. Nothing was going on really just the normal routine.

All of the sudden, something in me "shifted" and I realized that I was "trapped" in my body and I was terrified! I started screaming and looking down at my hands and my whole body and screaming to my mom that I was "trapped".

I will never forget that. It was the weirdest feeling in the world.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37580724
United Kingdom
04/12/2013 12:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
And how am i supposed to explain them ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37580724
United Kingdom
04/12/2013 12:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
And how am i supposed to explain them ?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37580724

i would probably be able to explain the one's i have forgot but i can't remember them
Pittsburgh

User ID: 9348542
United States
04/12/2013 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have many; one involves astral projection, also. I was about 5-7 yrs. old and sleeping, then I 'wake up' to see a picture on my wall..up close. I stared at it for a moment and then realized I was up in the air!. No ground under my feet! I panicked and 'fell' back into my bed and woke up. I never told anyone, and then when I got older, I saw a book on astral projection and I finally knew what happened. abduct On another thought; I always believed, from an early age, that I am the Hu. (like the opera,'Tommy') Planet earth is blue...
MtBarb

User ID: 29714721
United States
04/12/2013 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
When I was 4 years old two girls who looked to be in their teens came to the door and asked my mother if they could take me for a walk. We didn't know these girls, but my mom said I could. This part is strange enough, as my mom was very over protective and this was not something she would have done.

We walked down my street and they forced me to eat some grass. I began crying and begging them to take me home. My next memory is of being inside a dimly lit buildiing. It had the appearance of a doctor's office, but I can't say for sure. There was a person there that I thought was a doctor, but I only remember the back of his bald head. I don't remember entering or leaving the building, nor do I remember what happened inside the building. At the time, I thought the building was at the end of our dead end street, but there never was a building there.

I was shaking and crying as the two girls walked me home. They walked me up to my front porch and left. I ran in the house crying and my nose was bleeding. I told my mom and dad what happened and they didn't have much of a reaction. Again, this was not normal behavior for my parents. I was hysterical and asked my dad if he would go get the boy who lived down the street. He was 8 years old, and always looked out for me. He used to tell my mom he was going to marry me someday. I wouldn't calm down, so my dad walked down the road and got him for me. He comforted me while my parents behaved like spaced out zombies. (They were not on drugs)

I talked about this incident every day for awhile, but my parents have no memories of it. To this day my mom doesn't remember this, but she does remember me talking about it a lot . She says she remembers me running into a grocery cart at the store and I got a bloody nose, but doesn't remember this. I remember it vividly, as if it happened yesterday. I was traumatized by it for a quite some time.

The whole thing is so bizarre and makes no sense, but that's what happened and I'll never forget it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27666882

I often wonder why strange things like this happen to us as a child. Things that are totally unexplainable.
 Quoting: KIP

According to my years of study, we are all born with psychic abilities--like Edgar Cayce to some degree (and sometimes with a vivid memory of past lives.) If that ability is not nurtured, or worse, is deliberately destroyed by ridicule, embarrassment, or over-zealous religion and superstition on the part of the parents, siblings, playmates, etc., it fades to nearly disappearing by the age of five or six. This power varies in strength, and sometimes lingers longer, or is even increased by proper handling and encouragement. It's a sad thing that such a powerful resource is stamped out by ignorance and fear.
MtBarb
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37153075
United States
04/12/2013 01:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have something very similar to what the OP experienced, except for me, time stopped completely. It was 1995, I was only 5 years old, and I remember my mom and dad talking to me in the living room. We lived on a busy street, and I can remember seeing out the windows and hearing the traffic. For about 2 seconds, everything quit moving and went still. My parents stopped moving and talking to me, and the traffic outside my house wasn't moving. After the 2 seconds were up, everything went back to normal.
Pa resident1

User ID: 33941492
United States
04/12/2013 01:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was rather neglected and unloved as a child . One night after having put myself to bed and having shed a few tears , I looked across the room and there was a huge shining cross on the wall. Did not hear anything , I checked the windows to see if it was coming from outside , it was dark and nothing to cause it . I lay in bed looking at it until I fell asleep . That was long ago , but I have never doubted His love and that there is an awareness of our individual lives , especially the tears of children .
hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37629054

You witnessed a luminous cross, awesome! Jesus was looking after you.
"When you don't keep your word, you lose credibility and trustworthy friends"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1544212
United States
04/12/2013 01:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Salt, thanks for the 'alice in wonderland sydrom' definition. I never really looked into that sensation because it really scared the heck out of me and even now i dont like thinking about it.

And thank you for the story about your first husband. I wouldnt consider myself ocd at all, lol but over The last year or so i've been getting dizzy spells to the point my arms and face go numb and i black out. Happens at least a few times a week but sometimes multiple times a day. I sometimes forget what i did a few seconds before and feel confused. I figured maybe im just tired or something maybe a blood pressure issue, but maybe that has something to do with the sensory thing you mentioned?
Gave me something to think about.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27972246
United States
04/12/2013 01:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
i remember that in the first stages of trying to fall asleep, when i gazed at the blackness, and then suddenly feeling like my soul or point of view moved away from the first point within that blackness, it felt like the blackness had depth
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37796287

I would say that this was the start of an out of body experience. Your 'soul or point of view' is commonly understood as your consciousness moving out of your body's orientation to a place outside of the boundaries of your physical body. You are more than your body. Even though there is a vocabulary that attempts to descibe it, it is still very much unxeplained -- but it is experienced.

I didn't have such an experience as a child, but when I was 20-21 I accidently discovered how to attain an out of body experience. This was not what some call an Astral Projection. This one was fully "mundane in the physical realm". I practice and practiced this technique unsucessfully until I was 35 years old, and then one day I was blown away by it, it worked again. For me, the techique was all about mentally playing around with your visual after images.. learning to make them persist, changing color of them at will, and learning to paint in them, landscape and then 'walking into the landscape'.. once I hit that point, full out of body experience. Still it is a completely unexplained experience. I have heard several children from ages of 5 to 10 talk about such experiences as well. Adults tend to poohaa their accounts.

OBE is one of many reported kinds of altered-consciousnesss.

I have experience poltergiest but only as an adult. Though there are vague memories of some things that might have been poltergiest when I was very young, from a year old to around three years old.

My conscious awakening at that six month point started as a growing light field, its like my senses started kicking into a conscious form. Yet even before that there was sound of some kind a vague conscious awareness of sound and touch. Hard to explain.

One thing about a pitch black field one is embedded in , and then a very small light to flick on, grab an after image and switch off. .one can play around with after images even with your eyes fully open.

I think some great effect could be had if one could figure out how to contorl one's own retina's spontaenous waves.. those clouds of mysts that one sees at night going to sleep, the vagues dim mists or fogs or clouds.. moving around your visua field with your eyes closed.

Through great personal experience experiments, I am now of the opinion that best age to attempt OBE by the conscious control of your visual after images is between 18-22.

This all is weird stuff that many people will just say, "its all bullshit".

But what one experiences, one experiences.
doingrbestinpa.
User ID: 20452760
United States
04/12/2013 01:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
when i was a kid i seen auras around people, i was always looking at my hand and sticking my hand out people would always ask what i am doing, i said i was looking at the colour that is around my hands
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6038309

I think that is completely "awesome". Are you still able to see these?

when i was a kid i seen auras around people, i was always looking at my hand and sticking my hand out people would always ask what i am doing, i said i was looking at the colour that is around my hands
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6038309

I think that is completely "awesome". Are you still able to see these?

I can REALY RELATE to the last post from. Kip then said op. When I was 9. I'm sorry this has to do with morass. And intence shimmery shiny particles I could see from then. Yes till presant day. I was 9 we lived in the city of Philly - kensington to be exact " maybe the summer of 1973?? . A bunch of close freinds, all of us playing under a fire hydrant. Back then that was how we cooled off, we were on H street n russle street, a surge of very powerful gushing water " flew out of the hidrant, punching my grind Colleen. B, a few years younger than myself. The truck hit her and she was decapited, to the point her head was conected by flesh and her eyes wide open starring at me. Oh she was dead. I just stood their " as I heard everyone vomiting. It seemed like hours before police came. My father who worked on Roosevelt blvd. 9 .minutes away got their before police, and picked me up as colleen's eyes starred straight up. I rember the odors, everyone vomiting ' and me just standing without moveing. Felt like hours to me...but I was told 15 minutes. As my dad picked me up. I saw 10000 of shiny shimmery diamond like twinkiles all over colleen's area. Then I knowtesed I saw colors around people, not just their heads. But all over them. Frome a...bruited white to tan...brown and dark black. My folks took me to a doctor over the matter. And I told him the truth....I could see the air cause I could. Got to the point my mom would get VERY MAD AT ME, all true.joe mc.SAYING JOEY STOP SAYING U CAN SEE THE AIR. PEOPLE R GONNA THINK UR NUTS. TO date......I still see it all....everyday everyday I think of.......Colleen b....I know things before they happen. I have 100 if not more facts.....that saved my family. Others e t....EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID
2012Portal
2012Portal - Mayan Beyond 2012

User ID: 566027
Netherlands
04/12/2013 01:27 PM

Report Abusive Post
I levitated as a 4 year old child sat cross-legged in front of the television. Had forgotten about it mostly until a few years ago. My mother recalls me running into the kitchen after it happened to tell her about it though I didn't know or recognise it as levitation was until many years later.

I do remember my mind being completely ablank in a state that I dont ever recall having since, maybe a trance like state.

I rose several feet off the ground above the television towards the ceiling and was completely in a daze during the event. Whole experience lasted maybe around 20 or 30 seconds I would estimate.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37344075

Wow, incredible!
 Quoting: 2012Portal

Yeah, maybe it means I'm the Nobody.

damned

I've hopelessly tried to do it again as an adult, but no go. It definitely happened though even as mad as it sounds.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37344075

Yes, indeed. When we are younger, we do not have expectations, we simply surf with the flow, so to speak. Now, many of us as 'learned' adults, far too often hit the brakes, even without knowing it.
From the love of power to the power of Love - My camera and video gear:
[link to graphicstart.com]
--- --- ---
"Jesus Christ, the Son of God our Savior"
alientool

User ID: 36920817
Portugal
04/12/2013 01:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
I had a person dressed as a clown or an Arlequin in front of my bed staring at me, i dont know if it was a dream or real, but until this day that is something i remember very well,then i call my mother and it disappeared.

wtf
Where the hell have I been?
Sleeping, lost, and numb.
So glad that I have found you.
I am wide awake and heading home.
KIP  (OP)

User ID: 37635443
Canada
04/12/2013 01:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
All I can say is...WOW!!!!

I am extremely impressed and humbled by everyone's stories and experiences. I've read every word you wrote and emotions have ranged throughout the scale. Thank you.

It is amazing to read the varied experiences, some similar to others and some completely unique. I do believe these things leave deep, deep impressions on us and stay with us throughout our lives. Sometimes we'll find answers, but sometimes, we just find more questions.

I will also share....long story, I apologize in advance.

--Would be in grade 10 and started dating a girl. This is the girl I mentioned earlier that would be known around the school as "clumsy" as she was constantly seen tripping up and down stairs.

We only dated a short time but we got to talking and at one point she admitted to me that she thought there was some kind of evil spirit in her house. She told me that strange things happened constantly.

example-she would be laying down on her couch in the living room watching tv after school. No one else home but her. All of a sudden, she'd hear noises coming from the kitchen with was behind her - sounded like drawers being opened. She'd prop her head up and look over the back of the couch toward the kitchen and she saw small kitchen hand towels lifting up out of the drawers in thin air and being thrown across the kitchen.

another time, she was alone at home, in her room with her door closed, laying on her bed doing her homework. All of a sudden their were FOUR LOUD pounds on her bedroom door. -Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom. Scared the crap out of her. She got up her nerve and went to investigate and found absolutely nothing and no one. Strange thing she mentioned is that the pounding on the door sounded "hollow" and seemed not to be coming from the outside of the door but from within it.

another time, she was taking a bath when she felt the sensation of two invisible hands grab a hold of her ankles. Same thing she says she feels when she falls up or down stairs at school. Her bod would become paralyzed as the hands grip seemed to move up from her ankles to her knees, thighs......

This is where I come in. How naive I was at the time.

We were talking on the phone (not cordless) one afternoon after school. We were talking about ghosts and stuff that had been happening to her. She was, at her house, me at mine. She was sitting on the floor with her back up against a wall, knees up to her chest, talking to me. I was pacing back and forth on the phone (habit)

All of a sudden she said it was there! I said, "What was there?" She said the thing just grabbed a hold of her ankles, not letting go and she couldn't move.

So, me trying to be macho, and "stupidly brave", told her that I would help her, to help make it stop. I could tell she started to get scared which in turn kicked in my adrenaline. I told her to gather up all her energy and burst out and kick and scream with everything she had. Very intense moment. I yelled in the phone, directing my aggression at whatever it was.

"You Leave her alone, let her go you F**CKn' coward. Come and get me"!!!!!!!!

All of a sudden the phone went dead with loud static....loud enough I had to move it away from my ear.

I tried numerous times to call her back, only to get a busy signal every time.

About 10 minutes later, the phone rang and it was her saying she was okay and that she did what I had said and it let her go. She was still shakin up, as was I.

Later that evening around dinner time, I was watching tv when I heard my mom cutting vegetables or something on a cutting board in the kitchen was out of sight but just in the next room.

I called to her and asked what was for dinner. There was no answer. A few minutes later, I heard the noise in the kitchen again and again I called to her. Again, no answer. So I got up, went into the kitchen to check it out.

My mother wasn't in the kitchen, no one was, the kitchen was empty, no cutting board or anything that would explain what I heard. I searched for where my mother was and found that she was in the shower. I just put it off as me hearing things so I went to my room which was next to the kitchen and sat down on the pullout couch which was against the wall.

I sat there for no more than a minute when I heard four pounds on the wall right behind my head.

Pound, Pound, Pound, Pound. I stopped holding my breath and less than a minute later, again. Four pounds behind my head. Pound, Pound, Pound, Pound.

It was hollow and came from "within" the wall.

I knew what it was. I ran out of there so f**king fast and slept in the living room for the next little bit.

No further instances. I think it just wanted to send me a message not to F**K with it.

The girl and I stopped dating shortly after that. Not by my choice and we just lost contact. To this day, I wonder about her and what happened.

Thanks for listening and allowing me to share.

hf
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/12/2013 01:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
One night getting up from my bed and setting my feet on the floor as my butt sits on the bed, I saw my cat in my doorway looking directly under my bed, then I felt a hand or something grab my ankle, and I just ran like hell to my parents room. Don't know if I was tripping or what, but the cat was staring directly at something it seemed, and I sure felt something grab my ankle.

I also had time seem to slow down in a soccer game once, 2 of us were jumping up to kick a ball in the air, and the other kid kicked my leg instead of hitting the ball and I was already in the air so starting to spin sideways a full 360 or more and fell to the ground, but just the aspect of falling/spinning felt like it went on for 5 seconds, doesn't sound intense, but that's about 4 seconds longer than it actually would have happened, it just stuck with me ever since, was surreal.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11339483

When I was in high school, my girlfriend at the time, experienced her ankles being grabbed all the time. She used to trip up and down stairs all the time. Other "paranormal" instanced followed this but that's another story.

Frankly there is little reason to put paranormal in quotes. Its a perfectly fine word for the sort of stuff this thread is speaking of. Don't let 'the air heads' control your use of language in such reductionist mental thought controls of limitations.

Beside, Normal is a statistical artifact. Normal depends on just how many people are put at the sample population, if that sample population size was really at 100% of mankind at the sample taking time, we might ever discover that what we have always thought was Normal was in fact highly Abbi-Normal... and that we have been lead into a delusion.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37872921
United Kingdom
04/12/2013 02:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
When I was about three or four my mum used to sing us a song about the dream man just as we were going to bed. one night I had a bad dream about him that he was looking for me so I hid behind the chair in my parents living room and peeked out at him. He scared the hell out of me he looked like an old black and white negative photograph and was really scary. After that I hated that song and reused to listen to it any more LOL.

When I was about 14 my parents bought a five bedroom house that had attic rooms and a few strange things happened while we lived there. Once my sister and her friend were messing around pretending they were witches and trying to scare me. Eventually all three of us fell asleep and in the morning when we woke up my sister and her friend had black crosses drawn in pen on their foreheads. creepy.

The same house when I was a bit older I had another friend stop over she fell asleep straight away. Just as I was drifting off to sleep I felt that some dark mass was coming towards me and was reaching out to grab neck I woke up screaming. I was really glad when I moved out and went to live with my boyfriend.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/12/2013 02:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
i remember that in the first stages of trying to fall asleep, when i gazed at the blackness, and then suddenly feeling like my soul or point of view moved away from the first point within that blackness, it felt like the blackness had depth

You explain perfectly what I do almost every night. I try to focus on this as I fall asleep, to attempt to keep my mind awake/body asleep to induce sleep paralysis and astral projection.

Grab an After Image before turning of the light, and closing your eyes.. play with that after image.. learn to make it persist, changing its colors.. paint it with the colors you will it to have, add a second color, and a third.. at your conscious willful decision. Like the botton half green the top half blue with grey or white patches in the blue.. Zoom the 'scene' in and out.. animate the white patches.. you might find yourself not astral projection but your consciousness projecting out into the external physical realm even miles away..

If you ever learn how to control the sponteneous retinal waves and then can do the same with those waves as you have learned to do with the after images.. You will be getting to the point (I think...?) where you might be able to go OBE at will, anyplace, any time. This is what the ancient mystics seemed to have known.

Outside of the altered consciousness thing, there are in fact Real things happening Out There.. that is outside of your mind and body.. and some of them are these other unexplained experiences.

Personally, I think we need to set current Psychology on the shelf and go back to the branch William James, and start over... and explore further down the William James' branch of Psychology.. and Add in a pound of Penrose & Hammerof's Quantum Consciousness Theory.
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/12/2013 02:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

You explain perfectly what I do almost every night. I try to focus on this as I fall asleep, to attempt to keep my mind awake/body asleep to induce sleep paralysis and astral projection.

Grab an After Image before turning of the light, and closing your eyes.. play with that after image.. learn to make it persist, changing its colors.. paint it with the colors you will it to have, add a second color, and a third.. at your conscious willful decision. Like the botton half green the top half blue with grey or white patches in the blue.. Zoom the 'scene' in and out.. animate the white patches.. you might find yourself not astral projection but your consciousness projecting out into the external physical realm even miles away..

If you ever learn how to control the sponteneous retinal waves and then can do the same with those waves as you have learned to do with the after images.. You will be getting to the point (I think...?) where you might be able to go OBE at will, anyplace, any time. This is what the ancient mystics seemed to have known.

Outside of the altered consciousness thing, there are in fact Real things happening Out There.. that is outside of your mind and body.. and some of them are these other unexplained experiences.

Personally, I think we need to set current Psychology on the shelf and go back to the branch William James, and start over... and explore further down the William James' branch of Psychology.. and Add in a pound of Penrose & Hammerof's Quantum Consciousness Theory.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27972246

Thank you for that. I will indeed attempt to utilize this technique and see where it leads.

bump
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/12/2013 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP You kinda sound like your fishing to catch some MK ultra candidates....

Many know this site was set up by the CIA to look for lost people with paranormal/psi abilities.
(because all the files were destroyed).
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1757708

So is that what you are telling us, Agent 708? In that tell your controllers not to look so hard. There are 7 Billion people (or more) on this Planet, and every single one of them will at some point in their lives have a paranormal experience. What is sad is it seems there is a small void in that, those poeple who do the MKUltra stuff.. these are the except, they themselves have no experience at all and are just guessing about everything, and so full of envy and fear that they have to control every single thing. Of course its the hole in their brain where their grey matter has leaked out of.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35268685
United States
04/12/2013 02:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
I remember aliens taking me in their ships telling me my true name and that i was one of them ...

that i was here to finish Jesus job ....

But fuck you all if i let you crusify me again , try and fire will poor out of my mouth & i will burn you ...

Yes dramatic but all truth ...

ask any alien ....

abduct this time i take shit from no one & no cheek turning , you all abused last jesus sacrifice , now you bad guys must pay for your own sins , stigmatas will apear on your bodys and you will suffer Jesus wounds as he suffered ... call that retribution... tounge

see it happening many will see this post & watch in unfold .

the stigmatas will start in the hand, people write left handed will start on left hand right handed in right hand.

then you will know this post was a true message from god ...

fliptoungeflip screw you sining vermin !
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37911454

norespect
KIP  (OP)

Canada
04/12/2013 02:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP You kinda sound like your fishing to catch some MK ultra candidates....

Many know this site was set up by the CIA to look for lost people with paranormal/psi abilities.
(because all the files were destroyed).
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1757708

So is that what you are telling us, Agent 708? In that tell your controllers not to look so hard. There are 7 Billion people (or more) on this Planet, and every single one of them will at some point in their lives have a paranormal experience. What is sad is it seems there is a small void in that, those poeple who do the MKUltra stuff.. these are the except, they themselves have no experience at all and are just guessing about everything, and so full of envy and fear that they have to control every single thing. Of course its the hole in their brain where their grey matter has leaked out of.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27972246

flowas
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1667343
United States
04/12/2013 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Saw the Easter bunny on Easter.

I think i must have been hallucinating.
 Quoting: numewenon

My husband saw the Easter Bunny walking down the hall. It turned to look at him. It freaked him the F* out, LOL. He was about 6 or 8 when it happened. He swears to me to this day that its true. I believe him, because I have seena few odd things myself -- though he never really believes me. Figures, right?
D4RKST4R

User ID: 37802115
United States
04/12/2013 02:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
I guess I will add one as well, I have many, but this one always comes to mind.

When I was around 8 years old, I went to stay at my fathers house for the weekend. Him and his newlywed, had just bought a house, here in Michigan. It was a nice little house, with one odd exception. It didn't matter what temperature the rest of the house was, nor how hot or cold it was outside, my room was always way colder than the rest of the house, no exaggeration. It was so cold, that I slept in the living room on the couch, and I know it wasn't just me, because my father agreed to it, and he isn't a push-over type of guy.

So, one night, I'm falling asleep, watching some television. You know the feeling, as you're drifting off to sleep, but still trying to fight it. Well, as it finally took me over, I awake to a flashing going on in the living room. It was the TV. As I rubbed my eyes to be sure of what I was witnessing, I watched the TV flash on and off, on and off, on and off, and then it stayed off. I figured I was on the remote or something, however, I found it lying on the floor. I shrugged it off and went back to sleep, but before I could get deep into sleep, it happened again. And again, it turned off and stayed off.

Now, I was a bit creeped out, so I was just about to cover my head with my blanket and force myself to sleep. Then I felt a presence, a very weird and cold presence. I hesitantly opened my eyes to see an elderly woman come from the hallway to my left, at the end of the couch. She was walking towards the right, where there is a kitchen entryway. She stopped, turned towards me for what seemed like eternity, and then turned and continued on her way into the kitchen, around the corner and was out of sight. I hadn't noticed it at first, because she was at the end of the couch, but her feet were gone, she was only floating her way along.

I sat there frozen in the middle of the dark, quiet house, wondering what it was I had just witnessed. Every hair on my body was on end and I had to be as pale as the moon. I opened my mouth to scream for my father and stepmom, but no sound came out. I quickly went under my covers and tried all night to get some sleep, still boggled to what it was that had just happened. In the morning, I attempted to tell my father what I had witnessed, but if you knew my father, you'd know that he wouldn't believe it, and I didn't want to sound crazy, so I kept it to myself. I told nobody about it for roughly 10 years, when I turned 18.

We were sitting in my parents bedroom, with my father and stepmom (not the same as before), and my two stepsisters. We somehow got on the topic of the supernatural and were telling stories, one in particular was a friend of mine who had a haunted house. Well, I decided to come out about my experience when I was younger, just to see how my dad would react. To my suprise, he was quite speechless, and seemed to grow a bit pale. He looked at me in all seriousness, and said, "Son, I can't believe you didn't tell me this before." and continued to state, "There was something we didn't want to tell you, because you were just a kid. Before we bought that house, some high school students broke into that house to rob it, thinking nobody was home. There was an elderly woman who lived there alone, and she suprised them, they panicked and beat her to death, in your room."

We agreed that it must have been the reason that room was so cold all the time, and why I had witnessed this old lady. It still gives me tingles down my spine today. I should add I never had another experience in that house after that, other than the colder than cold room and an occasional odd feeling. It was my first paranormal experience I had, but certainly not my last.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it.
 Quoting: D4RKST4R

bump4
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

John F. Kennedy
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/12/2013 03:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here's an odd one.

As a child I remember looking out of the window of the car and seeing "scratches", three of them in the sky, like a cat had scratched a canvas. The sky was bright blue, no clouds, and the lines were jagged and BLACK. They weren't thick or very long. But I remember staring at them for several minutes, and we changed directions and I had to squeeze my head between her seat and the passenger side window to keep looking at them. It wasn't in the glass. I stared at the out of two windows.

My mom yelled at to sit back. I guess I was pushing her seat, I didn't sit back, I asked what it was, then my older brother grabbed me and pushed me back in the seat. No one else looked and no one answered me. My brother put my seat belt back one me and I couldn't get myself in a position to see them again.

I've never seen them again.

I remember it vividly and every once in a while search the internet to see if anyone has ever seen it... nothing.

I hardly ever think about it... but I know I saw this. And even as young child knew I shouldn't be. I have never found any scientific or weather explanation for what I saw.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33270695

Someone on here posted a dream / vision in which they saw the same kind of scratches. Sorry I can't remember more but I am pretty sure it was part of an apocalypse dream if that helps.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34903921
United Kingdom
04/12/2013 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Seems many of us could/can astrally project or OBE. I remember being about 2 or 3 and being able to float across my bedroom which was a big space at that age. I was also able to move objects with my mind, like being able to move something from the other side of the room. As I got older and was able to walk, that became the easier option than using the mind as, although it worked, it was hard effort! When a bit older with school friends, I was able to visit their houses (without them knowing) and I would sometimes describe their bedrooms to them for example, although that sometimes didn't go well when they realised it wasn't "normally" possible, to know what I knew, so I would just drop little hints to see the reaction. Had many encounters with the aliens. Would see orbs daily and often the sky would be full of their ships. Been shown apocalyptic scenes of the future. I do know things but I am not allowed to mention them, as it is "against the rules". I would often stay awake all night asking questions and receiving answers. Had one or two encounters with some very dark forces. One day with friends we summoned up something with more evil than I can ever describe in words but generally it has mostly been positive and good. Of course, I had perfect recollection of previous lives back then.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/12/2013 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Time reversed for two seconds and then moved forward again. Watching the traffic outside my house through my bedroom window - the cars on the street just stopped, moved backwards along with everything else for like two seconds, and then moved along as usual, forward.
This happened TWO times to me!

Second experience was when I was trying to do "magic". I put toy frogs inside my shirtsleeve trying to make them disappear. Well, I did this some times, and at one point after putting one of the toy-frogs in the sleeve: Gone... I did not drop it either, for sure!
Later that evening I found that the frog was sitting in the christmas tree. I am really sure that it was not any of my family members who deliberately put the frog in the tree. Since they where not in the room at first place and did not even know about me trying to do magic...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23074747

Bizarre! Did you notice anyting that was different between the before and after?
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/12/2013 03:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
kids can see more because their mind hasnt been closed by the forced reality we have as adults
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1137559

The 'forced reality' has more to do with a fully put together brain at the age of 18-21. The Force is Nature, not Man. The Brain grows and changes from being basically a single cell to hundreds of billions of nerves and with hundreds of trillions of connections between, from the time of being an embryo to an 18 year old human. What is so hard to understand about this? When I was a single cell fertilized ovum, I thought like an ovum, I dreamed like an ovum, but when I was 16 cells I became even more aware.. when I became an adult I was no longer a child. Yet, I can be child-like, because those parts are still with me, even at the age of 59.

The brain is merely a communications interface to our other realms, our consciousness, and our other selfs. The more fully wired up our brain becames in growth the more we are adultm, the more we are in fully interface with our S-elf. There is a constant rewiring of even our adult brain.

Other than that, otherwise, we have mostly been talked out of paying attention to what is really there to be experiencing both Within and Without.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/12/2013 03:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
When i was a young girl (under 10- im 22 now) i had a lot of weird experiences...ill do my best to describe them..
-I remember the time slowing down around me on occasion. I also remember sometimes feeling extremely extremely big or small, sometimes my whole body, sometimes just my head or hands. I remember it being terrifying i hated that sensation it made it hard to breathe.
-Once i was laying down in my bed, when my brother and i shared a room and i remember opening my eyes and looking down at myself while i slept.
-Twice i saw a tall black shadow. Once in the room i just mentioned, it came up out of the floor, the second time was a few years later in my new room ( an addition was built on the house) the figure came through my wall and went out through the opposite wall. Those may have been an over active imagination? I didnt have the terrified feelings i got when i saw myself sleeping or my body felt "big"
-At about 16 i had a continuing dream for almost a month. There was a little blonde girl lost in a big house and each night i tried to find her. The last night i had that dream i found her, she was in a room that had a locked door and water running out under the door. I never did get her out. But i would wake up every night and draw pictures of the house and girl.
-When i was 18-19 i had a dream this guy in a white shirt was being chased and got shot. About a week later i went to a friends party at her house and her daughters father got shot. He was wearing a white shirt.
-Ive had episodes of deja vu for as long as i can remember. I used to just accept it but it happens so much that its starting to bother me. The frequency seems to be intensifying the older i get.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1562472

Wow, I used to get that same feeling of being really really big and then getting super small....It felt so strange but for me it was somehow soothing. I used to get that feeling when I was about 5 years old and only in bed before or after I slept. I kind of think that children are more loosely attatched to their bodies and maybe this sensaton is a precursor for an out of body experience.
 Quoting: Zephyr2

Bigger than the Universe! Then suddenly smaller than a grain of sand, or even smaller than that. I had it in my 20s. Occasionally I try to 'make' it happen and I can 'almost' get there, but not quite.

Perhaps its a chemical imabalance for some people, but not for me.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/12/2013 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
I used to play "The Floor Is Hot Lava", but that's only because I grew up poor and with a good imagination.
 Quoting: SteveWutabi

You too? It was one of our favorite games in doors to play .. and we would really get yelled by Ma for walking around on the furniture avoiding the 'lava' on the floor. Yes, grew up relatively poor and with great imaginations. The cool thing about having a great imagination is that it helps one to really discern what is imagination and what is not. And then when you see something that you know you have not imagined, well then you go.. WTF?

GLP