Homeless in Dallas Texas

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5574349
United States
05/20/2013 02:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Homeless in Dallas Texas
So as of today I am officially homeless.

I won't bore you all with long sob stories.

About a year ago lost my job of twelve years, couldn't find new work, made some bad financial choices, and today I sit in the public library on my old laptop typing away as all my posessions lay in three small suitcases very close to where I am sitting.

I think this might possibly be the worst place to be homless, given the horrible heat.

So I have seventy-five cents to my name, am not sure where I'll be putting my head down to sleep tonight, and was wondering if anyone else out there has been in a similar prediciment.

I'll update my story here as I can. Maybe a few people will find it interesting.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 40170718
Spain
05/20/2013 02:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Homeless in Dallas Texas
hugs praying for you op..maybe you will find a lovely home soon and a great job hf
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/20/2013 02:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
hugs praying for you op..maybe you will find a lovely home soon and a great job hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 40170718

Thanks, right now I'm trying to figure out where to get some chow. Sadly it seems the city has cracked down on people feeding the homeless.
Anonymous Coward
Spain
05/20/2013 02:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thanks, right now I'm trying to figure out where to get some chow. Sadly it seems the city has cracked down on people feeding the homeless.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5574349

have Faith op..maybe a change for the better is just round the corner:) keep your eyes open hf
Anonymous Coward
Spain
05/20/2013 02:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
In the meantime for food maybe some local parish or church?
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
05/20/2013 02:07 PM

Report Abusive Post
So as of today I am officially homeless.

I won't bore you all with long sob stories.

Oh thank god.
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
got more good news 4 you bud
User ID: 39627898
United States
05/20/2013 02:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
u cant goto a shelter in texas unless you pass a drug test

look into it
enjoy
BRIEF

United States
05/20/2013 02:09 PM

Report Abusive Post

same reason they put up signs saying not to feed the wildlife at parks...the animals grow dependent on handouts and won't fend for themselves...

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/20/2013 02:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

look into it
enjoy
 Quoting: got more good news 4 you bud 39627898

I am drug=free

Shelters from what I hear are always at max occupancy here. I will check around. Thank you
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 38222300
United States
05/20/2013 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

same reason they put up signs saying not to feed the wildlife at parks...the animals grow dependent on handouts and won't fend for themselves...
 Quoting: BRIEF

So even a homeless white guy is an animal to you? Money makes a human eh brief? You fucking scum bag.
BRIEF

United States
05/20/2013 02:11 PM

Report Abusive Post

look into it
enjoy

I am drug=free

Shelters from what I hear are always at max occupancy here. I will check around. Thank you

My 16 year old, with no training or learned skills, just got a job...so can you

Briefcut4892
BRIEF

United States
05/20/2013 02:13 PM

Report Abusive Post

So even a homeless white guy is an animal to you? Money makes a human eh brief? You fucking scum bag.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 38222300

Ok, bore me with some details...in the land of opportunity a white man that doesn't have a pot to piss in and claims to be drug free is homeless?

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10110709
United States
05/20/2013 02:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good luck,OP. Everybody makes mistakes. No one is perfect. Some think they are, but they aren't.

Assuming you're a guy, there's not much help from public or private agencies for adult men. Most are aimed at women and women with children. But there are many programs aimed at alcoholics and drug addicts, and the government money must be used specifically for these two issues, so you might just lie and tell a social worker or whoever that you're an alcoholic and/or drug addict [assuming you aren't] and that will grease the wheels so-to-speak. People who're diagnoses as mentally ill [including things like depression], alcoholic or drug addict are even entitled to subsidized housing, in addition to things like SSI, whereas 'regular' homeless guys aren't.

It's unfortunately a game and guys like you have to play it. Good luck.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 38222300
United States
05/20/2013 02:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

Ok, bore me with some details...in the land of opportunity a white man that doesn't have a pot to piss in and claims to be drug free is homeless?

Eh maybe he's really ugly and stinky?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/20/2013 02:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
:5stars: and :pin:

People should pay attention to this thread.
 Quoting: The Comedian

Oh, I am. And I do plan to visit the churches. However, I am carrying 100 pounds of personal belongings and it's 90 degrees out there right now. I'm not trying to sound like a bum only that I don't want to collapse dead. Thank you though for your suggestions.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 38186984
United States
Report Abusive Post

So much I would love to say to you!

However, I will only say..

I hope that life treats you well and "life" never gives you more than you can handle..
BRIEF

United States

Report Abusive Post

Those kind just save money from not dating or having a girlfriend...

Briefcut4892
BRIEF

United States
05/20/2013 02:19 PM

Report Abusive Post

So much I would love to say to you!

However, I will only say..

I hope that life treats you well and "life" never gives you more than you can handle..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 38186984

That's very nice of you hf

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/20/2013 02:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Oh, I am. And I do plan to visit the churches. However, I am carrying 100 pounds of personal belongings and it's 90 degrees out there right now. I'm not trying to sound like a bum only that I don't want to collapse dead. Thank you though for your suggestions.

You have a computer.. use email. Start looking up churchs in your area.

One step at a time.

Reach out to friends! You never know who or how someone may help.

Good luck to you

Kat
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/20/2013 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

Assuming no one here is trolling, there's a million reasons how someone could end up homeless, jobless, penniless.

Speaking of jobs, many companies deliberately discriminate against job hunters for a wide variety of reason such as age, etc., If you think everything is above board and honest with corporate hiring practices, you're delusional. This is especially true once you reach a certain age. Nobody wants anything to do with you. They don't like older [say 40-plus,certainly 50 plus] employees.
no, thats not what i had
User ID: 39627898
United States
05/20/2013 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

look into it
enjoy

I am drug=free

planned

go camp in a state or national park

hook up with the rainbow family
look them up

get the fuck out of society
you've had enough

perhaps the person bringing u food and h20 has some ideas

look in www.couchsurfing.org

get yer food stamps

try not run straight to a shelter where some asshole with power and new stupid rules will fuck with ya

they r the last place to go
good resources in north of dallas area

pay the new to this pity me card and someone will give you a hand up
not an out

BUT I SAY FUCK THEM ALL AND GET YERSELF A BIG FAT BAG OF WEED WITH WHAT EVA U STILL HAVE AND SMOKE OUT AND GET A NEW PLAN AND IDEA AND DIRECTION

GET YER BLOOD FULL OF THC SO U CAN RULE OUT THAT SHELTER REAL FAST

U WILL B FINE

U DONT OR WONT HAVE THAT CRONIC HOMELESS LOOK
SO PEOPLE WILLL 'FEEL YOUR PAIN'
LOTS OF GOOD PROGRAMS FOR THE 'FIRST TIME HOMELESS'
IF U DONT MIND THE COLD
PORTLAND MAINE IS PERFECT FOR YOU
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/20/2013 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

You have a computer.. use email. Start looking up churchs in your area.

One step at a time.

Reach out to friends! You never know who or how someone may help.

Good luck to you

Kat

Working on that. Thank you.
Integrity101

User ID: 1526444
United States
05/20/2013 02:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Can you operate a shovel? I am not being facetious, this is a legitimate question. There are tons of construction jobs going on in Texas right now.You should be able to find an entry level job in the trade of your choice if you look hard enough.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12099508
United States
05/20/2013 02:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
god bless you man! When one door is closed many more are opened
BRIEF

United States
05/20/2013 02:26 PM

Report Abusive Post
Can you operate a shovel? I am not being facetious, this is a legitimate question. There are tons of construction jobs going on in Texas right now.You should be able to find an entry level job in the trade of your choice if you look hard enough.
 Quoting: Integrity101

That would cut into all the pot smoking I'm guessing...

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34829246
United States
05/20/2013 02:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am moving in July to a bigger place.

If youre not a sex offender, drug user or creep... you help me move, and you can stay here as long as youd like/need. Find a job, get on your feet ect ect.

Some of my friends are the hiring people at geico, so I could help you get "in".

Its in Iowa City Iowa.
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/20/2013 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

You need to get in contact with a social worker,OP. They know who and where to contact, they have contacts themselves, and their referrals will be necessary in many cases. Any decent shelter like the Salvation Army will have them available.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/20/2013 02:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Integrity101

Yes, I can operate a shovel. My ultimate goal, however, is going to try to get out of Texas for other pastures. I plan to use every resource available to me. Right now though I am just overwhelmed by all this and trying to figure out where I'll be putting my head down tonight after the library closes.
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/20/2013 02:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

If youre not a sex offender, drug user or creep... you help me move, and you can stay here as long as youd like/need. Find a job, get on your feet ect ect.

Some of my friends are the hiring people at geico, so I could help you get "in".

Its in Iowa City Iowa.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 34829246

AC.. Its nice to see the good in others :)
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/20/2013 02:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Its in Iowa City Iowa.

That offer sounds like a dream. I'm a bit far from Iowa though at the moment. If I was in Iowa I'd take such a great offer in a heartbeat.

Thank you!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/20/2013 02:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Its in Iowa City Iowa.

AC.. Its nice to see the good in others :)

Yes it is!

GLP