Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,476 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 278,765
Pageviews Today: 455,034Threads Today: 147Posts Today: 2,610
06:32 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Why was I repeatedly called a racist when when posted the Texas Average STAAR's test score last night. Whites 80, Hispanics 63, Black 40

Man Bear Pig
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1272738
United States
06/13/2013 10:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Why was I repeatedly called a racist when when posted the Texas Average STAAR's test score last night. Whites 80, Hispanics 63, Black 40
The facts are this average score for the blacks is a clear indication of who will need government help. Not all but this is an average... Is it possible that a majority of the black kids just dont give a crap ?

The black community should be outraged, at least the ones that try in life
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10037931
United States
06/13/2013 10:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why was I repeatedly called a racist when when posted the Texas Average STAAR's test score last night. Whites 80, Hispanics 63, Black 40
I would have voted it for "Best Thread Ever"! I had a lot of fun with it. I just think those in the lower tier were mad because you didn't provide a link to back up your factual data.
Man Bear Pig  (OP)

United States
06/13/2013 10:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why was I repeatedly called a racist when when posted the Texas Average STAAR's test score last night. Whites 80, Hispanics 63, Black 40
ya ya bust on me for saying when when .. of course i meant when i.. someone asked me a question when i was posted this and I got distracted.. Anyways these kids need to turn it around if the black community wants future progress
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 41136613
United States
06/13/2013 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
because you are trying too hard.

most can read some factual data and then move on to causes and solutions.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33701212
United States
Report Abusive Post
Thread: Statistics Are Racist.
Man Bear Pig  (OP)

United States
Report Abusive Post
I would have voted it for "Best Thread Ever"! I had a lot of fun with it. I just think those in the lower tier were mad because you didn't provide a link to back up your factual data.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10037931

sorry, my wife is a school teacher and was reading it to me last night.. I am sure you can google it
Man Bear Pig  (OP)

United States
06/13/2013 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
because you are trying too hard.

most can read some factual data and then move on to causes and solutions.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 41136613

Not trying anything, the facts are that these are our future government dependent adults... people we will pay for. Solution ? I suppose the parents need to do a better job
Man Bear Pig  (OP)

United States
06/13/2013 11:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
I dont care if it was whites averaging 40.. The facts are there is a very large group, that is flat out failing and will need our help. I am in the highest tax bracket and it pisses me off
beeches

User ID: 28167778
United States
06/13/2013 11:21 AM

Report Abusive Post
it is racist to talk about this.

but the school districts are the ones "disaggregating" the data by race.

When they do it, it is not racist, but to comment on it, NOW that is what they call racist!u2efine
Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face – Thomas Sowell
Man Bear Pig  (OP)

United States
06/13/2013 11:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oh we have to just ignore this because of PC ?
Resister

User ID: 36421936
United States
06/13/2013 11:28 AM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Baconhead

^this^

Any fact that points a truthful finger at the glaring inequities that do exist between the different cultures and races is castigated as racist by people who are not willing be honest with themselves. Personally, I don’t think the statistics are what they are specifically because of race alone. I would argue that it is the culture of different societies that results in the disparaging differences in work ethic, intelligence, and achievement.

I want to believe that everybody has the same potential, but it is hard to refute the bottom line achievement differences between Sub Sahara Africa, Europe, and Asia though. America is a good example of how the difference races can rise to the same levels of achievement, but it is also hard to ignore areas of dense cultural rot that are heavily of one particular race that refuses to acknowledge the problem.
"God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, & always, well informed... If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty... Let them take arms... What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. " - Thomas Jefferson in 1787
Vision Thing

User ID: 39743216
United States
06/13/2013 11:29 AM

Report Abusive Post
It's terrible when you can't even discuss something, how can we help or fix it when you're not allowed to even bring it up and acknowledge it?

I read something that said, a cultural difference is that black women don't breastfeed their babies at the same rate as other races and that breastfeeding has a correlation with higher IQs. So right there, is a place to start to try to help, but not if you're not even supposed to mention it!

Also black people need more vitamin D, it is related to everything, I'm sure a vitamin D deficiency affects the development of black kids. You'd think the black community would be rallying around things like this, to try to get their kids off to a better start in life?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 41136613
United States
06/13/2013 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
I like where this is going.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 299353
United States
06/13/2013 11:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Facts not permitted!
Man Bear Pig  (OP)

United States
06/13/2013 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
One of the points in this thread is... as the black community wants to advance and have a level playing field, it is shown in the scores that they are not heading in the right direction... these are the kids ! their next generation
Man Bear Pig  (OP)

United States
06/13/2013 11:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here is some interesting facts:
Average IQ by race... now I know IQ isnt the best measure of intelligence but here it is.
Jews 120
Asians 110
Caucasions 100
Arabs 98
Blacks 80
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24879010
United States
06/13/2013 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bumpitty bumpitty bump bump bump.

Can't censor the truth. The truth is painful but we all must embrace it.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/13/2013 11:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Average IQ by race... now I know IQ isnt the best measure of intelligence but here it is.
Jews 120
Asians 110
Caucasions 100
Arabs 98
Blacks 80
 Quoting: Man Bear Pig

Totally false!

The average IQ of a jew is NOT 120. That is a total lie. Everything else looks right. The correct jew IQ is right along with regular caucasions.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1595319
United States
06/13/2013 11:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
HOW DARE YOU BRING UP FACTS!!!

WE WANT THINGS THAT MAKE US FEEL BETTER ABOUT OURSELVES- NOT FACTS!!!
Man Bear Pig  (OP)

United States
06/13/2013 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Jews 120
Asians 110
Caucasions 100
Arabs 98
Blacks 80

Totally false!

The average IQ of a jew is NOT 120. That is a total lie. Everything else looks right. The correct jew IQ is right along with regular caucasions.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24879010

google it.. i found the same number on several sites
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 41630651
United States
06/13/2013 12:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jews 120
Asians 110
Caucasions 100
Arabs 98
Blacks 80

[link to mn.gov]

-snip-

In 1959 the AAMR, at that time called the American Association on Mental
Deficiency, published a definition of mental retardation that read as follows:
Mental retardation refers to subaverage general intellectual functioning which
originates during the developmental period and is associated with impairment in
adaptive behavior. (Heber, 1959)
The definition was revised in 1961. That revision specified the meaning of the
term subaverage general intellectual functioning in a manner that was to have considerable impact on the field of mental retardation. One standard deviation below the
mean on an intelligence test was delineated as the point at which intellectual functioning should be considered subnormal (Hebcr, 1961). This specification meant that
on an IQ test with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15, any score below 85
would be diagnostic of mental retardation. If the total population was tested and classified on this basis, almost 16% would be diagnosed as having mental retardation. Even
higher percentages would be expected to be found in subpopulations where minority
status, language factors, or socioeconomic background depresses intelligence test
scores.
There were criticisms of the concept of adaptive behavior as it appeared in the
1961 definition. The argument was made that adaptive behavior as it was presented in
the definition was not actually functional for the diagnosis of mental retardation. In
reality, it was argued, the determination of retardation continued to be based on intelligence tests and the idea that intelligence was not significantly "associated" with
adaptive behavior in this process (Clausen, 1972).
In 1973 an AAMR committee again revised the definition. The committee constructed this revision with criticism of the 1961 definition in mind. It specified that significantly subaverage general intellectual functioning was to be determined by a score of at
least two standard deviations below the mean on an intelligence test (Grossman, 1973).
This meant that the cutoff point for mental retardation was essentially moved downward from 85 to 70. This change lowered the percentage of the population that might
be identified as having mental retardation from 16% to approximately 2.25%.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34760435
United States
Report Abusive Post
Jews actaully have, on average, a lower IQ. That is Sephardic and Ashkenazi combined. I think when they post those false IQ numbers that make it seem like a 120 average they are only counting educated Ashkenazi.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
It's terrible when you can't even discuss something, how can we help or fix it when you're not allowed to even bring it up and acknowledge it?

I read something that said, a cultural difference is that black women don't breastfeed their babies at the same rate as other races and that breastfeeding has a correlation with higher IQs. So right there, is a place to start to try to help, but not if you're not even supposed to mention it!

Also black people need more vitamin D, it is related to everything, I'm sure a vitamin D deficiency affects the development of black kids. You'd think the black community would be rallying around things like this, to try to get their kids off to a better start in life?
 Quoting: Vision Thing

Don't forget genetics.

White kids who aren't breast fed might be fucked up but their IQ doesn't plunge into retard levels where most blacks are.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10037931
United States
06/13/2013 12:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
One of the points in this thread is... as the black community wants to advance and have a level playing field, it is shown in the scores that they are not heading in the right direction... these are the kids ! their next generation

If they even have to lower the "passing scores" so minorities can become law enforcement officers...
Man Bear Pig  (OP)

United States
06/13/2013 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe the number on jews are scewed.. who knows
ChillyNorth

User ID: 21696665
Canada
06/13/2013 12:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Baconhead

^this^

Any fact that points a truthful finger at the glaring inequities that do exist between the different cultures and races is castigated as racist by people who are not willing be honest with themselves. Personally, I don’t think the statistics are what they are specifically because of race alone. I would argue that it is the culture of different societies that results in the disparaging differences in work ethic, intelligence, and achievement.

I want to believe that everybody has the same potential, but it is hard to refute the bottom line achievement differences between Sub Sahara Africa, Europe, and Asia though. America is a good example of how the difference races can rise to the same levels of achievement, but it is also hard to ignore areas of dense cultural rot that are heavily of one particular race that refuses to acknowledge the problem.
 Quoting: Resister

I stopped reading after your second word because your response turns into a cutesy emotional response.

Facts are facts. Statistics are a way to manifest the facts into a visual medium for us to explore and extract information out of. If the fact LEADS to me deducing something racist out of it then that is my prerogative.

I do agree that culture plays a role in categorizing which class of human beings come out on top. This does not discredit the statistical method in any way though.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34924105
United States
06/13/2013 12:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Facts are irrelevant. Any statistic suggesting the inferiority of any minority race is to be considered white supremacist propaganda and is to be completely disregarded.

Known racists and proponents of racist statistical data will be indefinitely detained without charge or trial pending reeducation and/or execution.

You will be assimilated.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 41638786
United Kingdom
06/13/2013 12:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jews 120
Asians 110
Caucasions 100
Arabs 98
Blacks 80

the right test

whites 200
arabs 70
jews 56
blacks 25
*Evan

User ID: 41527952
United States
06/13/2013 12:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
When 70 some odd percent of black children are born out of wedlock.....how can they ever be expected to achieve much of anything?

The breaking up of the family unit is a huge huge factor here, if other races and cultures continue down the path they are on, with more and more children being born out of wedlock, or raised by one parent, their scores will also continue to drop like a rock.

If you go back to the 50's, and compare kids scores to the percentage of 1 parent homes...i am willing to bet from the 50's to now, those stats will be linked.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 41629771
United States
06/13/2013 12:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
a new trend is to redistrict zones so the scores amp up
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4284512
United States
06/13/2013 12:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
The facts are this average score for the blacks is a clear indication of who will need government help. Not all but this is an average... Is it possible that a majority of the black kids just dont give a crap ?

The black community should be outraged, at least the ones that try in life

you have it backwards. not a clear indication of who needs gubmint help but a clear indication of who is getting it. its like smart phones - the smarter your phone the dumber you can be.

GLP