America is FINISHED = Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37158802
United States
06/26/2013 09:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: America is FINISHED = Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet
This is one reason I'm glad I voted for him.
 Quoting: krosty

I feel sorry for people like you because you do not know what you are signing up for... It's the death sentence for the majority of us.
 Quoting: Question EVERYTHING

he's just talking about cutting down on pollution. you guys hate him so much you even say that THAT is bad. yes, he is a terrible president, but this just doesn't seem pin-worthy. next you will be criticizing how he farts. give it a rest or DO something about it. whining gets you nowhere
 Quoting: JustThink

He's talking about wiping out the coal plants that (at least until recently) provided over 50% of our electricity in this country. I guess he'll ramp up nukes instead.

So we sell that coal to China, which burns it largely on its east coast, and the flyash wafts across the Pacific and makes acid rain right here in the USA! Obama doesn't want to restrict our coal sales to China at all.

F'ing hypocrite. He just wants to damage USA and is doing everything possible to make it happen.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37158802

Remember this from 2009: Thread: OUTRAGE!!! Commerce Secretary: America needs to pay for China’s emissions!!!

Obama admin official said that WE should pay for CHINA's emissions.
Still Meow...

User ID: 3650237
United States
06/26/2013 09:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
"Would betray our children" .... And aborting them isn't?
 Quoting: WWIII is Upon US

Like gun control....
If we can save just ONE CHILD....

America is done for. The transformation is almost complete.
I saw a Dem Gov from (I think) West Va first thing this morning who was on the verge of tears sying 'Why should I have to fight my president?.....
It's really just too little,too late.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16213727
United States
06/26/2013 09:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Cap & Trade Taxes does not do anything about "Climate Change". Might as well tax Oxygen. With everything rising in price plus a lot more taxes, this will break many people.
 Quoting: TheRollsRoyceTrent

at the rate that Ocommie is destroying America, its only a matter of time that oxygen gets taxed - (of course the govt. will be exempt from it.) They're already taxing rain in some areas of the country...
davvi

User ID: 3677166
United States
06/26/2013 09:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
People are saying this since obama won the elections, as far as I see the country still stands !

Everytime people are like "oah that's the end", "my god he will destroy america", I can't see that.

Give the man a break... I wouldn't though ,since his foreign policy is destructive & more wicked than Bush's.

He should be hanged for supporting the FSA, and America WILL BE FINISHED by such policies which might cause WW3, but limiting polluting emissions from plants ?? ? for environmental reasons ??? COME ON !! I hate the bastard but this is a good call.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 42361529

The worst stuff is set to go in in his second term and beyond. That was to reduce the amount of fraud and miscounting necessary to get him re-selected.

Obamacare is gonna hit soon.

His EO's will hit in the coming years. He never even talked about them in his first term because they are purely damaging to the USA.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37158802

His supporters are too stupid to understand what you just said...
davvi

United States
06/26/2013 09:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
"Would betray our children" .... And aborting them isn't?
 Quoting: WWIII is Upon US

Like gun control....
If we can save just ONE CHILD....

America is done for. The transformation is almost complete.
I saw a Dem Gov from (I think) West Va first thing this morning who was on the verge of tears sying 'Why should I have to fight my president?.....
It's really just too little,too late.
 Quoting: Still Meow...

Obama is destroying the coal industry and West Virginia's economy is very dependent on coal. Obama just sold elected dems in West Virginia to the dogs...

If he does that to his "friends" what does he do to his enemies?
novamom

User ID: 42291993
United States
06/26/2013 09:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
I happen to know for a fact that the government knows that methane is much worse than co2. So whatever the administration is pulling is BS. In 2007 the methane levels rose big time~ shortly there after we began paying better attention to the fast melting ice caps. Some the biggest methane producers drilling for natural gas and cow farts.

I'm not saying we should ignore co2 gas, but before making citizens pay a lot more for power, the bigger issue of methane needs to be addressed.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/26/2013 09:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

I feel sorry for people like you because you do not know what you are signing up for... It's the death sentence for the majority of us.

Burning coal till our lungs turn black is a death sentence. Control the population or we'll all die.

I vote that we start with you!
davvi

United States
06/26/2013 09:52 AM
Report Abusive Post

Burning coal till our lungs turn black is a death sentence. Control the population or we'll all die.

I vote that we start with you!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16213727

slols
FEDup
User ID: 41383545
United States
06/26/2013 09:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am all for cleaning up the planet, but come on,,can you pay double on your power bill? How about 4 times as much? If you can then you are a lot diffrent than i am or just about anyone i know in my part of the country.It would not be a matter of choice, it would be tottally impossible. On top of that, it will cause encreases in just about everything else we buy.Get ready for a mud hut and picking corn out of cow shit.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/26/2013 09:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
I hope these obama voters enjoy paying 4 times as much to heat their shitty homes this coming winter.

Idiots...

Please God reset Earth ASAP...

burnit
 Quoting: Devoted Follower 42347145

The problem is most of Obama's supporters do not pay for the fuel which heats their homes, the taxpayer does. Obama's brain-dead supporters do not pay taxes so have no worries about how high taxes are or how they are spent.

Democrap supporters simply don't care because they have no real stake in the success of this country. They just care that the check shows up every month and that they vote every two years for the people who offer the most free stuff.

We who work are the slaves and we are already paying reparations whether we like it or not...

Each time your child needs something and you have to say, "no we can't afford it," thank an Obama supporter. Each time you you have to pay more and more for less and less, thank a democrap and know that your tax dollars are going to parasites who keep voting for democraps to get free stuff that you are paying for...

Now both democraps and repukes are throwing open the borders to bring even more democrap here to keep their power and to further harm the quality of life for Americans.

:ppa 3:
 Quoting: davvi

^^^this X 100000000>
CriticalThinking

User ID: 9222520
United States
06/26/2013 09:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Guys, come on. R and D really doesn't matter. We all know that.

As for emissions.... I live in an area surrounded by plants.

These plants in the past 8-10 years have been bending over backwards to fit new upgrades for emissions standards into their budgets and properties(upgrades require land).

Sad thing is, these plants do NOT put off as much as "they" would like to scare people into thinking.

What about these wildfires we get yearly now? The atmospheric heating from them can be felt multiple states down wind. The smoke from them creates a blanket that covers multiple states downwind.

Yet still, lets pass legislation (passed by both R and D) that hinders power plants capability to run at all. Let's cut jobs for more than JUST these plant workers to help "reduce emissions". PSH!

How about we pass legislation that CREATES jobs? Screw the enviro-nuts, they can't have it both ways. "Oh save the forest", "Cut emissions!". Yet because of them, proposed plans to deforest were squashed.

Now we have fires that once sparked burn out of control causing MUCH more damage to homes and cabins (which release toxic fumes from the building materials.). How to prevent this? Hmmmmm....

Oh yeah! CREATE jobs, deforest the dead trees! And instead of worrying about the emissions from plants (which has ALREADY been reduced) we can worry about Radiation from Fukishima or the LA sinkhole or some other REAL environmental problem.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for "helping" as much as I can to better the planet we live on. But we as a people focus FAR to much attention on the wrong issues.

rant
Still Meow...

United States
06/26/2013 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm pinning this.

I've never seen corruption like this in my lifetime.

Our governments do NOT represent us.

Call your representatives. Call your senators. Tell them how pissed you are! News flash - they don't give a flying FUCK at a donut in the dark about you. They got into the game to make money and to get power. Insider trading? Hell yah! What was that pinned thread yesterday about two worthless Eurozone politicians that checked in for 300 Euros a day to do nothing!

This is our world.

The productive members of society are being shit on day after day. We have no functional government. We pander to the dregs of society who contribute nothing toward the evolution of mankind. We're infiltrated by Islamic militants who receive endless benefits at our expense! We have NO leaders that represent anything that is good and patriotic. Only psychopaths hellbent on getting the most power they possibly can while dancing on the backs of the bruised if I can steal a line from NIN.

Now what the hell do we do?

Anyone have any solutions? Riots? What will it take to make these degenerates listen to us? Is there any hope left? Will any vestige of what is left of humanity go down into the sewers?
 Quoting: calx

Bravo!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9506273
United States
06/26/2013 09:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
bs
one with the sun
User ID: 32984204
Australia
06/26/2013 09:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
He's gone full retard
Still Meow...

United States
06/26/2013 10:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
this will put the final cabash on the US. We can't withstand what Obama will do to our economy if he gets away with this.
It will raise the cost of heating/cooling your homes, business, factories to the breaking point of many people's budgets.
It will raise the cost of anything still produced in the US to the point where nobody will buy it..
It will raise the cost of everything, because every building, (hospitals, pharmaceuticals, industry, schools, government buildings etc etc etc) must be heated and cooled and most of those will be charging the tax payer or the consumer for their heating bills.

If you don't understand the Obama is putting the final nail in the coffin, making sure that the senate and congress have no say in the matter, and that this will turn a loaf of bread into the price of a days wages

you are simply a fool.

This is it, we are done for, most of you will starve, be homeless shortly thereafter, and beg them to take you into a fema camp where you can get a loaf of bread and an apple.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35812316

Absolutely. All according to plan.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42239347
Sweden
06/26/2013 10:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Racking up debt on future generations is not betrayal?
chuckles
User ID: 2417276
United States
06/26/2013 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
I hope this hits the yankees in the blue states especially hard. They voted for it, so I hope they really suffer!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42144334
United Kingdom
06/26/2013 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
In sweeping proposals released after four years of frustrated efforts, Mr Obama ordered new curbs on carbon emissions from power plants and called for America to ready its defences against an already-changing climate.

The president also surprised environmentalists by signalling he would reject a controversial oil pipeline if it was found to “significantly exacerbate” the problem of carbon pollution.

“I refuse to condemn your generation and future generations to a planet that is beyond fixing,” Mr Obama told students at Georgetown University. “As a president, as a father and as an American I’m here to say we need to act.”

Mr Obama first promised a new push on climate change during his inagural address on a freezing morning in January, warning that failing to cut emissions “would betray our children”.

Today, as Washington sweltered in the summer heat, Mr Obama finally laid out the details of his plan, which can be carried out by executive order and therefore do not need Congressional approval.

[link to www.telegraph.co.uk]

The time has come,its to late to save earth now wepassed the point of no return,its all down hill now.
davvi

United States
06/26/2013 10:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
I hope this hits the yankees in the blue states especially hard. They voted for it, so I hope they really suffer!!!
 Quoting: chuckles 2417276

But it won't hit the ghettos or they will just hike taxes to help them pay for the higher costs.

Those who "work" for the government like IRS agents, tax hikes on them are met with pay increases fought for by their unions so they never really feel what you and I feel...

This is going to be worse for those who live in the south and it is designed to harm red states...remember what Jarrett said. They will get "even" with their enemies and their enemies are those of us who did not vote for them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19111229
United Kingdom
06/26/2013 10:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
The greatest threat to the environment is poverty! - only developed Westernised nations as a whole protect their environment and control their population no's.

[link to wattsupwiththat.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10906316
United Kingdom
06/26/2013 10:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
This will suck any industry out of our country that is left and leave it a third world nation...

yep. exactly what I said yesterday. meanwhile, china india and russia puff away cheerily

lol

you need rid of that traitor in the blackhouse
novamom

User ID: 42291993
United States
06/26/2013 10:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Silly question, but.. If this is down through executive order, do the coal plants really have to abide by it? wouldn't we need congress to pass a law before anybody can be forced to cut co2?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 788508
Spain
06/26/2013 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
don't worry.You can change your job from coal to fraking! haha.. Which is of course even worse.
Yeah. Isnt it terrible that a transistion could have started a long time ago, a slow transistion that would have had less impact. But the oil,gas and coal companies were always against it. Now it is over. Its too late. The US will start fraking the shit out of the land.using up your precious water. Then of course you'll have to import drinking water.which will cost the public very much. And all because some of you never wanted to make the transistion to cleaner renewable energy. Didnt put money into programs to invent, come up with new ideas, that wouldve have allowed the US to be at the top of the new game. Oh well. Your future is very very dark.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10906316
United Kingdom
06/26/2013 10:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
don't worry.You can change your job from coal to fraking! haha.. Which is of course even worse.
Yeah. Isnt it terrible that a transistion could have started a long time ago, a slow transistion that would have had less impact. But the oil,gas and coal companies were always against it. Now it is over. Its too late. The US will start fraking the shit out of the land.using up your precious water. Then of course you'll have to import drinking water.which will cost the public very much. And all because some of you never wanted to make the transistion to cleaner renewable energy. Didnt put money into programs to invent, come up with new ideas, that wouldve have allowed the US to be at the top of the new game. Oh well. Your future is very very dark.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 788508

what do you mean THEIR future

idiot

this applies to ALL of us!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16599138
United States
06/26/2013 10:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think we should fight against all "sin" taxes, or well taxes in general, ha!

As such I don't agree with "carbon taxes". However, that doesn't take away from evidence that we might be encountering a serious problem.

Yes, it is a might, but a might with a ton of support via environmental issues. The whole "weather is cyclical" perspective is just not enough to explain it or is the warming of the sun. Many scientist consider both of these, but we can't deny human involvement. That is simply willed ignorance.
 Quoting: luridanimus

Sorry, bub, the sun is getting bigger. They aren't telling you that, because it doesn't make them any funny money. Boo-fucking-hoo. Live with it and take appropriate measures.:awwwwwwwwww:
 Quoting: Hardwired

I kinda mentioned that in the "warming of the sun" part of my reply.
 Quoting: luridanimus

And you kinda implied that's somehow caused by "human involvement" which is retarded.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35406953

No, I kinda didn't.
Question EVERYTHING  (OP)
Traveler In The Matrix

User ID: 42363324
United States
06/26/2013 10:35 AM

Report Abusive Post
And let's be honest people, Obama even quotes this in his speech... This is what this is all about...

AGENDA 21:

[link to www.google.com]

[link to www.theblaze.com]

Where does he quote it in the speech? I can't see it.

[link to www.bloomberg.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7242673

This is what he quoted....

[link to www.sustainable-environment.org.uk]

He spoke about the adenda that was set there...
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

"Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever." ~ George Orwell

"The exact level of tyranny that you're going to live under, is the level of tyranny you put up with." ~Thomas Jefferson

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. ~ Thomas Jefferson
ceawaves

User ID: 41026071
United States
06/26/2013 10:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
He's icing his cake gonna eat it too~
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7242673
United Kingdom
06/26/2013 10:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
And let's be honest people, Obama even quotes this in his speech... This is what this is all about...

AGENDA 21:

[link to www.google.com]

[link to www.theblaze.com]

Where does he quote it in the speech? I can't see it.

[link to www.bloomberg.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7242673

This is what he quoted....

[link to www.sustainable-environment.org.uk]

He spoke about the adenda that was set there...

So.. can you highlight the text in the Obama speech that quotes agenda 21, because again I can't see anything in that speech that makes reference to agenda 21.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 788508
Spain
06/26/2013 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 788508

what do you mean THEIR future

idiot

this applies to ALL of us!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10906316

No not all. It affects those who are dependent on the system. Those who live out of the system, in sustainable ways, have their own food, water and energy will survive longer and better. And those countries that are already making more transistions will also be better off. Idiot.
Question EVERYTHING  (OP)
Traveler In The Matrix

User ID: 42363324
United States
06/26/2013 10:42 AM

Report Abusive Post
I'm pinning this.

I've never seen corruption like this in my lifetime.

Our governments do NOT represent us.

Call your representatives. Call your senators. Tell them how pissed you are! News flash - they don't give a flying FUCK at a donut in the dark about you. They got into the game to make money and to get power. Insider trading? Hell yah! What was that pinned thread yesterday about two worthless Eurozone politicians that checked in for 300 Euros a day to do nothing!

This is our world.

The productive members of society are being shit on day after day. We have no functional government. We pander to the dregs of society who contribute nothing toward the evolution of mankind. We're infiltrated by Islamic militants who receive endless benefits at our expense! We have NO leaders that represent anything that is good and patriotic. Only psychopaths hellbent on getting the most power they possibly can while dancing on the backs of the bruised if I can steal a line from NIN.

Now what the hell do we do?

Anyone have any solutions? Riots? What will it take to make these degenerates listen to us? Is there any hope left? Will any vestige of what is left of humanity go down into the sewers?
 Quoting: calx

Thx calx for the pin. This really is a huge deal in my opinion because it just shows how absolutely corrupt these people are with sucking the wealth out of this nation and leaving us a third world country... And you're right, calling them makes no difference because it's legal for them to inside trade... Why do you think the NSA spying thing was all known by these fuckers...

As far as what to do? There are only a few choices as far as I can see but it's going to be ugly for anyone that is a decent human being.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

"Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever." ~ George Orwell

"The exact level of tyranny that you're going to live under, is the level of tyranny you put up with." ~Thomas Jefferson

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. ~ Thomas Jefferson

GLP